• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our kitchen:
S4200001.jpg

S4200002.jpg

Can you see the Chief and his buddies?

S4200003.jpg

S4200004.jpg

S4200006.jpg

Our fishtank. Those are Halo Actionclix.
S4200011.jpg

Koshiba

anotheriori said:
yeah the current gf isn't all that fond of them.

Well, at least be glad your current GF isn't like me. I'd probably try and claim them as mine. :lol I'm hoping soon I can put my figures on display. Might try to make some "wall shelves" so I can display them. :D

Zaptruder said:
I have that shelf. You're not going to fit a 16" figure in there TToB.... unless you want to have uneven shelf heights, and you're upto some cutting and welding. Or you're ready to have less shelves than you bargained for.

Fuck!

Well, slowly but surely I'm getting somewhere. >:|

Any suggestions for display case retailers? :\

A local CompUSA is shuttering it's doors - I need to see if they have any suitable fixtures for sale.

Shig said:
Snapped some shots of my Touma collection:

Knuckle Bear Iron & Guardians, Hell Hounds, Goon, & mini Circus Punk.
tou_1.jpg

Complete set of Slithers! (so far...) + some mini Goons.
tou_2.jpg

18 inch Knuckle just came in, thanks to a clearance deal online I paid less than half of what it costs most places. Came with a nice autographed lithograph, too. Below, Wonderwall Knuckles and Knuckle Qees.
tou_3.jpg

Fang Wolf & FW Qees, Bonga Konga, Toolies, Skuttle X + Mini Skuttles, Boo & Baboos, more Touma-designed Qees, and Knuckle Bear Gachapon figures.
tou_4.jpg

Classy collection you have there.

I have the RAH Snake with the croc hat from MGS3, small Jin-roh figure, and chibi link from phantom hour glass.

Hey Zap, or anybody with display cases, do you have any suggestions on where to pick them up on the cheap? :\

I'm Googling and everything is hundreds of dollars, if not thousands. >:O

CENOBITE

I have more than 20+ Japanese figure resin kits just sitting in my closet waiting to be made. It's an addiction. All told, I must have more than $1,000.00 worth of kits waiting to be made. Too bad all my time is spent on my fine art painting and CG work. I make kits to treat myself after finishing a painting.

good places for resin kits:

http://e2046.com/

http://www.hobbyfan.com/

Koshiba

CENOBITE said:
I have more than 20+ Japanese figure resin kits just sitting in my closet waiting to be made. It's an addiction. All told, I must have more than $1,000.00 worth of kits waiting to be made. Too bad all my time is spent on my fine art painting and CG work. I make kits to treat myself after finishing a painting.

good places for resin kits:

http://e2046.com/

http://www.hobbyfan.com/

I would LOVE to put together resin kits! One big reason is there are a lot of figures I'd like, but they don't come premade.. But also because I always loved painting a making stuff when I was younger. Sadly, I'd have no idea how to go about it and think I would just come out wasting money from them coming out so crappy. :lol Wish I had a friend who was into kits and could help me.

CENOBITE

There are plenty of tutorials and tips out there! Don't be afraid... trust me... I've seen some pretty good finished kits. All it takes is time and patience. even with people who arent talented, you can tell they spent alot of time on it... it will look good

tips can be found here:

http://www.hobbyfanatics.com/

or at the e2046 forums

Zaptruder

Banned
The Take Out Bandit said:
Hey Zap, or anybody with display cases, do you have any suggestions on where to pick them up on the cheap? :\

I'd recommend buying the Ikea one anyway and forgetting about the 16" figure. You can store everything else in there. :p

Koshiba

CENOBITE said:
There are plenty of tutorials and tips out there! Don't be afraid... trust me... I've seen some pretty good finished kits. All it takes is time and patience. even with people who arent talented, you can tell they spent alot of time on it... it will look good

tips can be found here:

http://www.hobbyfanatics.com/

or at the e2046 forums

Awesome. Thanks for the link. :D I guess I'll have to give it a try soon, I'll probably start off with a cheap simple kit though.. Also gotta look into the whole spray paint thing. :lol

Zaptruder said:
I'd recommend buying the Ikea one anyway and forgetting about the 16" figure. You can store everything else in there. :p

MADNESS! :D

I just had a thought. One of my comic shops has a nice display I'll ask them.

Oh and there's a Macys store that's going out of business. . . Hmmmmm. . . Hua hua hua!

Koshiba

I used to have a Cloud and Sephiroth resin kit from FF7 but sadly my nephew got ahold of it and lost parts. :( http://www.e2046.com/product_info.php?products_id=1611 <-- This is what I've always wanted to be able to do though. Though I'd buy it prepainted if I could..

Edit: Wow, I would kill for the City Hunter kit as well.. :lol Creamy Mami figure too!! Wow. See, this is why I want to do resin kits. :D I can find figures that otherwise don't seem to exist. :lol

EDIT2: WOW! I never realized there were so many Kimi ga nozomu Eien figures.. I looked everywhere for completely ones I could buy! :lol I sense a new addiction coming on. :(

bjork said:
Where's the lulu? Is it that cool $80ish one?
Lulu was sold on Ebay. She was in my closet for ages and I decided I had no use for her any longer. Wish I would have kept her now. She'd make a great companion for Poison. :p Oh well. Maybe I can find another one.

bjork

Uno Ill Nino said:
Lulu was sold on Ebay. She was in my closet for ages and I decided I had no use for her any longer. Wish I would have kept her now. She'd make a great companion for Poison. :p Oh well. Maybe I can find another one.

If you do, order one for your old pal bjork too. <3

Koshiba

CENOBITE said:
Careful... it's a bad one. Granted it's an addiction that won't kill you, but it's hard to break.

I'm worried that there's a lot of hentai kits I want.. :lol People will REALLY think I'm a pervert then. I have some slightly raunchy figures as it is.. Like a cat-school girl lifting her shirt up, some skimpy outfit stuff.. But none contain nudity yet..

Kammie

Took them out of the packing box:

6h8612.jpg

Selphie's legs got smashed together during shipping, and now she won't stand. :(

Is there anyplace where I can buy plastic bases like the one that Yuna's standing on?

kiryogi

Banned
anotheriori: are those mostly from kicks or elsewhere? and where did you get those glass cases?

That Kureha from Shining Wind looks a bit off from what I expected. Face seems weird :/ Still though, looking forward to picking her and the Alter Kosmos V4 this weekend.

Lelielle

dollies.jpg

I need to get more (Transformers are my bro's in case you wondered) I like the cyborg 009 one for its dynamic look and Homer is looking at some mini food toys in a display case, I should put some donuts toys in there...I'd like more poseable figures too.

KevinRo said:
this isn't 4chan. TMI!

I was kiddin. C'mon man.

zoku88 said:
Oh, and what are you wearing Nino :-*

Why? Are you a chick? Cuz if you are, then I'm wearing jeans that show off my firm ass, and a slim-fitted black t-shirt that hugs my muscular torso. Also, my arms are pretty solid.

Oh, and if you're a guy, then piss off! I'm not ghey d00d! ;)

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I remember seeing this really good statue, garage kit or something like that, of Taki from Soul Calibur. Can anyone help me here?
Oh, and I have the Armitage figure in Lelielle's collection, and the Yuna from Kammie's collection, BTW. :D

EDIT: nvm, found it here, thanks to an earlier post...

kiryogi

Banned
The Alter Kosmos V4 is fucking awesome. Has to be one of the best figures I've seen/own to date if not also one of Alter's best works yet. I also got that Simca. So damn cool.

alkosmos1.png

alkosmos2.png

simca.png

Jake.

The Take Out Bandit said:

ikea.

Spike Spiegel said:
Not the mowhawk version TToB? For shame. :(

I thought that got canned?

I dunno. I thought initially it was supposed to be a split, but I just ordered it and that's what I got. :\

Then they released the variant with Mr. Glum. >:O

Edit: Nuts! I just checked their website and they're making a limited run of mohawk variants for around May. :mad:

I blame all the wankers who ordered full hair the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom