• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh another figure...I don't know what series it is from, but it looked cute.

dFEZL.jpg

I need a new shelf...

From a Manga called Natsume Yuujinchou. A very nice series, actually. How much did it cost you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natsume's_Book_of_Friends

Collete

From a Manga called Natsume Yuujinchou. A very nice series, actually. How much did it cost you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natsume's_Book_of_Friends

Oh ok, thank you!
No wonder this was everywhere, I thought I was in cat heaven at the convention haha.

Um, it costed 21 dollars with tax...Did I get ripped off?
It wasn't a random figure box thing.
There were 4 in all but they were all highly detailed that I thought it was fair.

Oh ok, thank you!
No wonder this was everywhere, I thought I was in cat heaven at the convention haha.

Um, it costed 21 dollars with tax...Did I get ripped off?
It wasn't a random figure box thing.
There were 4 in all but they were all highly detailed that I thought it was fair.

I have no idea of what a fair price would be. I was asking because I was interested in getting one as well. ($21 does seem fairly inexpensive).

Collete

I have no idea of what a fair price would be. I was asking because I was interested in getting one as well. ($21 does seem fairly inexpensive).

Huh, 21 dollars is inexpensive...Wow I must be penny pinching on figures then.
Well I'm sure these will be around for quiet a long time to get your hands on considering the manga is still ongoing.
I keep seeing this anime/manga series merchandise pop up everywhere at conventions.

EYEL1NER

Jaycee's mask is removable. So you could always display her without it.

If you're looking for older figures you should check out Mandarake and Amiami, their prices are usually a lot better than US based resellers, and a lot less risk that you'll end up with a bootleg.

Cool deal. Didn't know that.
Thanks for the recommendations as well. I saw amiami listed ITT and found something I want there but couldn't check mandarake at work so I just now got on and found something.
I do have a question for you or anyone else who may know: I'm looking at buying this 1/6 figure on Mandarake for 3000 yen. About how much would shipping be to the states for something like that? I know no one can give me an exact dollar estimate, but I figure some people in here have probably ordered enough to have a rough estimate, because I have no clue if it would cost $20, $40, or more. I just don't want to get the email with the quoted amount, get blown away by the cost, and then not want it.

NEO0MJ

Cool deal. Didn't know that.
Thanks for the recommendations as well. I saw amiami listed ITT and found something I want there but couldn't check mandrake at work so I just now got on and found something.
I do have a question for you or anyone else who may know: I'm looking at buying this 1/6 figure on Mandrake for 3000 yen. About how much would shipping be to the states for something like that? I know no one can give me an exact dollar estimate, but I figure some people in here have probably ordered enough to have a rough estimate, because I have no clue if it would cost $20, $40, or more. I just don't want to get the email with the quoted amount, get blown away by the cost, and then not want it.

That depends on how much the figure weighs and what shipping method you use. Usually stores have it at the product's page.

EYEL1NER

That depends on how much the figure weighs and what shipping method you use. Usually stores have it at the product's page.

Oops, I thought I put that it would be EMS shipping in that post.
The page didn't have any product info but according to Amazon, it weighs 14.1 ounces.

Edit: Looking at the EMS Japan page, EMS would be 1500 yen for a 400 gram package to South Carolina. I'd rather have it sent to my current location, but I looked at their order form and did not think it would be easy to enter an APO address, so to the wife at the apartment it is.

Edit 2: Decided to check DHL. They are saying 11,000 yen for a .88 lb package. I didn't have an estimate of box dimensions, so I did 8x8x8. Definitely not using DHL... And to think that they are so cheap when I ship stuff to the Phils too.

Edit 3: I've decided finally to wait until pay day on Friday. If both items (one from Mandarake and one from Amiami) are still available, I will buy them both. It is meant to be then. I like how amiami lets you inquire for a shipping quote from them. But with some items (like the one I want) being from actual stores on Mandarake, my only option is to place the order and wait for an invoice. And cancelling the order after getting it would be really bad form on my part. So get paid Friday, check the items, order them if they are in stock, and hope that shipping costs don't kill me. And then have them both shipped home where I won't be able to see them until Feb at the earliest.

Elixir

Oops, I thought I put that it would be EMS shipping in that post.
The page didn't have any product info but according to Amazon, it weighs 14.1 ounces.

Edit: Looking at the EMS Japan page, EMS would be 1500 yen for a 400 gram package to South Carolina. I'd rather have it sent to my current location, but I looked at their order form and did not think it would be easy to enter an APO address, so to the wife at the apartment it is.

Edit 2: Decided to check DHL. They are saying 11,000 yen for a .88 lb package. I didn't have an estimate of box dimensions, so I did 8x8x8. Definitely not using DHL... And to think that they are so cheap when I ship stuff to the Phils too.

Edit 3: I've decided finally to wait until pay day on Friday. If both items (one from Mandarake and one from Amiami) are still available, I will buy them both. It is meant to be then. I like how amiami lets you inquire for a shipping quote from them. But with some items (like the one I want) being from actual stores on Mandarake, my only option is to place the order and wait for an invoice. And cancelling the order after getting it would be really bad form on my part. So get paid Friday, check the items, order them if they are in stock, and hope that shipping costs don't kill me. And then have them both shipped home where I won't be able to see them until Feb at the earliest.

Mandarake will charge a 500 yen if the item total is under 5000 yen (shipping excluded). EMS is likely to be in the upper 1000-2500 range, takes 3-4 days. SAL Registered 1000-2000, takes anywhere from 5-15 days.

raven777

how is hobby search SAL shipping method to US? scared since I can't track it and it says it could be damaged. Is it not good for figures or books?

I have never had an issue with shipping SAL yet, for what it's worth. Bit of a wait but 'eh.

On an unrelated note, where the fuck my Rex at. Dammit 3A ;_;

EYEL1NER

Man, I need to run out of money sometime. I decided to wait until Friday to get the figure I want from amiami and the one I want from mandarake, but I just bought one of these of off eBay for really cheap. Pretty sure I am not getting taken for a ride with a knockoff, because it is some retail comic shop that had one with a dented box that is selling it. I could wind up disappointed, but I wanted to buy one of these a couple years ago in Seoul near the E-Mart and never did.

My Asuka Kazama updated to shipping soon too! Can't wait for it to come in.

SUPARSTARX

Missed actual preorders for new Megahouse POP EX (blue) Boa Hancock. Just put in a preorder on Animarket.com. Will look good next to my regular POP Boa Hancock :D

tumblr_md0ikgftuT1r80944o1_1280.jpg

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Got Asuka to add to the Shuunya Bishoujo collection.

1P4KFl.jpg

Clearly I need to dust that shelf. :O

EYEL1NER

Got Asuka to add to the Shuunya Bishoujo collection.

1P4KFl.jpg

Clearly I need to dust that shelf. :O

Very nice. Amazon just shipped mine out to me and it should be here in two weeks or so.
Nice Asuka. Do want.

Where is a good place to order old figs like that?
If you are talking about those Bishoujos, they aren't that old. Asuka just came out what, either Tuesday or yesterday here in the states? I just got Christie in and Asuka is on the way and both cost ~$50 each. I think the total for that order was $103 and with free shipping.
I don't know if $50 ea is a great price for Kotobukiya figures or not, but going off the prices of the truly old figures I want, they seemed cheap to me.

hayejin

Missed actual preorders for new Megahouse POP EX (blue) Boa Hancock. Just put in a preorder on Animarket.com. Will look good next to my regular POP Boa Hancock :D

tumblr_md0ikgftuT1r80944o1_1280.jpg

I missed out too. Is this going to get official release in the US from Funimation like the original did?

Also how's animemarket.com? Are they trustworthy? Fact they are HK based has me worried they might send bootlegs.

SUPARSTARX

I missed out too. Is this going to get official release in the US from Funimation like the original did?

Also how's animemarket.com? Are they trustworthy? Fact they are HK based has me worried they might send bootlegs.

I've gotten my Shirahoshi from them, it's legit. Animarket is an officially licensed seller for Hot Toys and MegaHouse. The owner is based in Australia I think but they fulfill orders and ship out from distributors in Hong Kong I think.

I cancelled my order there and placed a new one at http://thegrandlineshop.com, this guys from Hong Kong too and I've ordered a few things from him before. His prices are a little lower and he gets limited quantities.

hayejin

I've gotten my Shirahoshi from them, it's legit. Animarket is an officially licensed seller for Hot Toys and MegaHouse. The owner is based in Australia I think but they fulfill orders and ship out from distributors in Hong Kong I think.

I cancelled my order there and placed a new one at http://thegrandlineshop.com, this guys from Hong Kong too and I've ordered a few things from him before. His prices are a little lower and he gets limited quantities.

$40 deposit?

Since it's shipping out in March, how do you get money back from paypal if the deal doesn't work out? Doesn't paypal only protect you for 90 days?

SUPARSTARX

$40 deposit?

Since it's shipping out in March, how do you get money back from paypal if the deal doesn't work out? Doesn't paypal only protect you for 90 days?
If you want it, then order it. If you don't then don't. Some sites have deadlines for orders, some don't allow cancelling. I haven't had to cancel with GLShop but with ANimarket you should make up your mind before the deadlines they have listed on the site.

The deposits for people who want to get it and don't flake out cuz they don't overstock these things much.

gokieks

Been a long time since I've done any model kits, but since it didn't look like I was going to get anything better from the Muv-Luv license anytime soon (everything seems to be Total Eclipse, which is meh), I went ahead and got the Kotobukiya Takemikazuchi Type 00R, and "completed" it:

hJ02D.jpg

It's a really "delicate" model, and is going to need glue to really hold some of the small bits and pieces together properly. I should paint it if I'm going to be gluing ... but my previous experience in model kits has taught me that I'm terrible at painting small details (and this model is full of them), so I'm afraid to do it. :S

sca2511

Christie and the upcoming Lili(from pictures) seem to be the best of the Tekken Bishoujo figures. Asuka and Alisa look kind of off/strange to me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Been a long time since I've done any model kits, but since it didn't look like I was going to get anything better from the Muv-Luv license anytime soon (everything seems to be Total Eclipse, which is meh), I went ahead and got the Kotobukiya Takemikazuchi Type 00R, and "completed" it:

hJ02D.jpg

It's a really "delicate" model, and is going to need glue to really hold some of the small bits and pieces together properly. I should paint it if I'm going to be gluing ... but my previous experience in model kits has taught me that I'm terrible at painting small details (and this model is full of them), so I'm afraid to do it. :S

This is fantastic looking. I dig interesting kits like this!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I'm about to order from amiami, but the shipping isn't calculated until AFTER I place the order? That's...shitty...What are everyone's experiences with shipping through them?

So I'm about to order from amiami, but the shipping isn't calculated until AFTER I place the order? That's...shitty...What are everyone's experiences with shipping through them?

They were pretty good. A little expensive tho. Shipping definately ups prices. So the deal you thought you were getting isn't that great anynore

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member

So far they've always been cheaper than Hobby Search for me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't know if I can get away with SAL or not...I'm ordering the the 1/100 Metal Gear REX kit, the Chogokin Mickey, and one of the Five Star Story kits. :|

E: Tried to see if they'll ship SAL. I cut out the FSS kit for now since the one I wanted was out of stock, as was the GUNHEAD that I wanted. REX and Chogokin pre-ordered!

Went ahead and added the Spiderman nendoroid as a Christmas present to the bf to my Momohime order. Iron Man is my favorite superhero, but I'm just not digging his nendo version. I'm debating picking up Katanako because I like the long proportions, but I want to save up for the inevitable Sailor Moon explosion next year. Though the Bane play art looks awesome, gonna preorder that too.

meijiko

Went ahead and added the Spiderman nendoroid as a Christmas present to the bf to my Momohime order. Iron Man is my favorite superhero, but I'm just not digging his nendo version. I'm debating picking up Katanako because I like the long proportions, but I want to save up for the inevitable Sailor Moon explosion next year. Though the Bane play art looks awesome, gonna preorder that too.

Figure wise, Sailor Moon is going to be next year's Madoka for me probably. I ended up splurging on the nendo/figma/GSC scales of all the girls + Godoka, and can see myself doing something similar for Sailor Moon easily. I hope the anime is at least good.

God help me if they do a Cardcaptor Sakura reboot someday.

SUPARSTARX

Is Hot Toys Hulk out yet?

He looks so good

He's slated for Spring 2013
I think the ones that'll make it this year remaining is Hawkeye, Captain America.

2013 Avengers release likely: Thor, Loki, Hulk, Mark VII and Black Widow.

Black Widow might squeeze in December but doubt it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He's slated for Spring 2013
I think the ones that'll make it this year remaining is Hawkeye, Captain America.

2013 Avengers release likely: Thor, Loki, Hulk, Mark VII and Black Widow.

Black Widow might squeeze in December but doubt it.

I don't know how I'll justify Amazing Spidey, Bossk, and Hulk

But I will

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
sorry to double post

But anyone collecting Marvel Select, I'm new to them, and I just got Avengers movie Hulk. Are they doing Thor/Cap versions based on the Avengers? If not, I'll just buy the Thor Thor and First Avenger Cap, but I heard they're doing all of them modern. I saw Hawkeye, but I'd rather not have Jeremy Renner in my home.

Alter are generally top dog when it comes to quality, but I can't say i'm too impressed with the paintwork on Stocking's hair :\

Either way, still love the figure.

s5GeM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom