• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
I collect lots of figures, they're all ladies though haha. Might take a picture of the collection after Asuka is released.

Tell me about it..
MENl1.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
Just got these guys. The hero looks really good for 700 yen. Obviously not PVC quality, but a better paint job than almost any American action figure. I hope they do some of the other DQ3 characters. Would love a full party.

dankir

IMG_20121029_012616.jpg

Latest of many Hot Toys coming my way! Still waiting on Hawkeye and Captain America. Probably safe to say everything is going to be delayed until 2013 lol.

johnsmith

remember me
This came today. Had all the accessories, and I couldn't find any damage on the figure. So I don't know why it was so cheap. Glad I got her though. Such an awesome figure.
ePSfR.jpg

maomaoIYP

RE6? Nah, RE4!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/377411_10151094927657344_485462393_n.jpg[/IMG

That came completely out of the left field.[/QUOTE]

Not really. I think it's not meant to be Ada Wong from RE4, it's meant to be Ada Wong as played by Fan Bingbing from the recent resident evil movie.

shaowebb

So is anyone here pumped for the new Revoltech Assemble borg series? I asked this of the Tokusatsu gang, but this is really where it should have been asked to begin with.

Basic idea is they have ratcheting joints that are super articulated on Robot figures and you can mix and match any parts you want on them to create unique new looks. All fully paintable, and super poseable with a ton of different parts and options. You can even buy vehicles, customize those, or turn them into armor or other stuff for your figure.

Check out the swag poses and starters

So is anyone here pumped for the new Revoltech Assemble borg series? I asked this of the Tokusatsu gang, but this is really where it should have been asked to begin with.

Basic idea is they have ratcheting joints that are super articulated on Robot figures and you can mix and match any parts you want on them to create unique new looks. All fully paintable, and super poseable with a ton of different parts and options. You can even buy vehicles, customize those, or turn them into armor or other stuff for your figure.

Check out the swag poses and starters

These are amazing, and cheap, too. Would make for a very cool addition to my collection.

maomaoIYP

Can't tell if you're serious or taking a jab at the face sculpt or something. Clearly says Biohazard 4 in the corner.

I'm serious, they acknowledge that that design of Ada comes from RE4, but without the recent movie I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have gotten made. Also, they probably didn't use the movie logo because the chances of getting RE4 fans to buy a figure of well loved character would be a lot easier than getting RE movie fans to buy a figure of a supporting character.

I'm serious, they acknowledge that that design of Ada comes from RE4, but without the recent movie I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have gotten made. Also, they probably didn't use the movie logo because the chances of getting RE4 fans to buy a figure of well loved character would be a lot easier than getting RE movie fans to buy a figure of a supporting character.
Had to Google images of the actress from the latest film since I haven't seen it nor do I keep up. Wasn't aware that she actually wears the same dress. Nonetheless, the game came out in 2005 so it kinda blows my mind that they're making this figure. Can't imagine many people are clamoring for it.

Beth Cyra

I didn't see it posted but Bandai announced a SOC Danguard Ace at the Tamashii Nation event.

Don't know if I will pick it up, honestly the only SOC I really need to get is a Grendizer to go with my Beast Metal Dragon.

Korosenai

Ive only got one figure and its a One Piece - Roronoa Zoro Figuarts Zero. I got for $30 from amazon and i fuckin love it. Looks great on my desk.

MCD

You should have added some dust filter while you were at it because Detolf drives me crazy with how dusty it get.

hteng

Banned
You should have added some dust filter while you were at it because Detolf drives me crazy with how dusty it get.

yea it does, im seeing lots of finger prints and smug on the glass after turning on the lights lol. What sort of dust filter i should get?

MCD

yea it does, im seeing lots of finger prints and smug on the glass after turning on the lights lol. What sort of dust filter i should get?

Any self adhesive window or door stripping would do the trick.

Just look for something that prevents dust and moisture and perhaps even vibration if you want.

LosDaddie

Banned
I'm probably going to preorder the Avengers Hulk from Hot Toys today from my local comic shop. It'll be my first HT figure.

I figure that if I pay $20-$40 from each paycheck from now until the March 2013 release, I'll only have ~$50 left to pay when I pick it up. Thus, it'll slip under my wife's radar. :)

You're doing it wrong. He should be your "eye in the sky". Get him a nest.

Congrats on the HT acquisition.

Thanks and heh, my desk has shelves (it's a built-in wall unit) so yes, he was already going to be nested up there. I just have to figure out what to move to make him stay up there safely (especially since I live in earthquake country).

I've been wanting this for the past couple of years and finally bit the bullet it on it serveral weeks ago...the detail on this is amazing.

Yamato Toys SDF-01 Macross - 'Do You Remember Love' version

y3uKr.jpg

h9nHZ.jpg

Paired with my 'vintage' Takatoku/Bandai/Matchbox SDF-01 toy which I've had ever since I was a little kid hooked on Robotech

tlg8k.jpg

t8UcQ.jpg

I did lose a small part on one of the ARMD carriers while I was trying to put the extra detail parts on it...hopefully I can run into it in my place one day =/

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I've been thinking of picking up a figure or two and I've never really imported before. I did pick up a few Kotobukiya Bishoujos domestically. What are peoples' suggestions for pre-order websites as far as cost and quality shipping?

johnsmith

remember me
I've been thinking of picking up a figure or two and I've never really imported before. I did pick up a few Kotobukiya Bishoujos domestically. What are peoples' suggestions for pre-order websites as far as cost and quality shipping?

I do all my preorders through amiami as they seem to have the lowest prices on almost everything. Shipping prices are reasonable, and I've never had any problems with them.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I do all my preorders through amiami as they seem to have the lowest prices on almost everything. Shipping prices are reasonable, and I've never had any problems with them.

Thanks! I guess my only concern is that they don't list the shipping for pre-order items until they're ready to ship... import prices can be pretty steep, so I'm reluctant to commit to a pre-order purchase on there without knowing how much it'll be.

I've also been checking out sites like bigbadtoystore.com and hobbyfan.com. Are they just generally more expensive because they import the items themselves and sell them domestically?

johnsmith

remember me
Yeah, I avoid those US based retailers, and play-asia because their prices are just way too high. They will sometimes give you shipping estimates, but that's not enough to justify their high prices.

www.hlj.com and www.plamoya.com will give you shipping estimates for in stock figures, so you can try those out first and estimate by finding a figure of about the same size. A scaled figure will usually run like 1080 yen for SAL unregistered, and smaller figures like figmas, figuarts, and prize figures usually less. More than 1 scaled figure and you'll probably have to pay for EMS shipping which can really jack up the shipping costs.

EYEL1NER

I can't wait! The Kotobukiya Asuka Kazama Tekken figure drops in a couple days!
I'm waiting on a Christie to get here at the moment. After seeing a suggestion for Amiami for the millionth time, I finally checked them out last night, but I've just been buying from Amazon mainly. They always have APO shipping. I do get bummed out when I find something I want being sold by a third party seller and they don't do APO though.

Anyway, if anyone remembers, I had that Kanu Unchou figure and that was really it. I would come in here and complain about the prices of figures and how I wish I had a job. Now that I have one though, I've bought a couple things. The two Tekken Bishoujo figures, a Max Factory Kanu Unchou, a Bome Kasumi figure, and then I have my eye on a couple more things. Revoltech Masamune Date and some more Kanu Unchou figures mainly. And a Kasumi 'Cherish' figure.

Can't wait for any of it to get here. Gotta wait for Asuka to come out and then the other items are in route. Hurricane Sandy hit right where all mail coming up here to Greenland leaves through, so I will be waiting a bit longer I imagine.
If I buy a ton of stuff and stop in to show any of it off, I will probably still complain that most of the stuff I want is too expensive though. I've been trying to stick to sub-$100 items. The problem is that a ton of stuff I really want is a couple years old and probably was $100 when they came out, but not anymore...

I'm tempted to put down a pre-order for that Bishoujo Jaycee (even though I am not fond of the mask). Those colors and those boots look good. Plus it would be nice to have another Tekken figure (I couldn't care less about Alisa though; I can't stand her as a character and don't like the figure).

johnsmith

remember me
Jaycee's mask is removable. So you could always display her without it.
SV81_L.jpg

If you're looking for older figures you should check out Mandarake and Amiami, their prices are usually a lot better than US based resellers, and a lot less risk that you'll end up with a bootleg.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah, I avoid those US based retailers, and play-asia because their prices are just way too high. They will sometimes give you shipping estimates, but that's not enough to justify their high prices.

www.hlj.com and www.plamoya.com will give you shipping estimates for in stock figures, so you can try those out first and estimate by finding a figure of about the same size. A scaled figure will usually run like 1080 yen for SAL unregistered, and smaller figures like figmas, figuarts, and prize figures usually less. More than 1 scaled figure and you'll probably have to pay for EMS shipping which can really jack up the shipping costs.

I agree Amiami is the best.

Thanks, guys. If I import from AmiAmi, do I have to worry about additional customs fees for the U.S.? Do I have to worry about how customs will treat the figures? I'm thinking about going SAL registered for tracking, but that may not be necessary.

johnsmith

remember me
Thanks, guys. If I import from AmiAmi, do I have to worry about additional customs fees for the U.S.? Do I have to worry about how customs will treat the figures? I'm thinking about going SAL registered for tracking, but that may not be necessary.

No extra fees in the US. It's always possible customs will open a package, but very unlikely.

Collete

I don't have many figures unfortunately (maybe I'll post rest of collection when I'm not lazy) but I recently got my first ever Sayaka figure at a convention recently!

G4ihH.jpg

n9GVX.jpg

Also showing off some Tales of Symphonia figures I got two years back.
For the life of me Lloyd and Colette's arms refuse to stay on...

TQ9V0.jpg

99w7H.jpg

ox4c0.jpg

Oh another figure...I don't know what series it is from, but it looked cute.

dFEZL.jpg

I need a new shelf...

Beth Cyra

Maybe a bit late, and I know there is a few Grendizer fans on Gaf so I figured I would mention it.

Bandai announced and showed off a SRC Grendizer, looks to be based on Ken's version of him (similar to the revoltech) and while I know some of the fans are upset I think he looks mean as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom