• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Alter are generally top dog when it comes to quality, but I can't say i'm too impressed with the paintwork on Stocking's hair :

Either way, still love the figure.

s5GeM.jpg

Cute figure, but the hair IS a bit awkward.

johnsmith

remember me
The Yamato Aegis maid version figure is down to 4,084 yen / $51.16 on plamoya. Still not a fan of it.
http://plamoya.com/en/sif-ex-persona-3-fes-aigis-maid-ver-pvc-complete-figure-p-46568.html

3,418 yen / $42.82 for the Megahouse Yukiko. All the high priestess figures seem to drop in price big time after release. I doubt I'll preorder Rise and Chie now, and hope for a sale after.
http://plamoya.com/en/high-priestess-tv-animation-persona-4-yukiko-amagi-pvc-figure-p-48821.html

Plamoya's sales page is always worth checking out. They'll often have some great deals.
http://plamoya.com/en/specials.html

SUPARSTARX

The Yamato Aegis maid version figure is down to 4,084 yen / $51.16 on plamoya. Still not a fan of it.
http://plamoya.com/en/sif-ex-persona-3-fes-aigis-maid-ver-pvc-complete-figure-p-46568.html

3,418 yen / $42.82 for the Megahouse Yukiko. All the high priestess figures seem to drop in price big time after release. I doubt I'll preorder Rise and Chie now, and hope for a sale after.
http://plamoya.com/en/high-priestess-tv-animation-persona-4-yukiko-amagi-pvc-figure-p-48821.html

Plamoya's sales page is always worth checking out. They'll often have some great deals.
http://plamoya.com/en/specials.html

That Yukiko has a weird face sculpt. I'm not a fan of it.

Those of you with the Hot Toys Marvel series' entries - where did you get them from? Best place? I'm in Australia, and can't seem to find anywhere out here that does them, so I guess I have to import directly?

SUPARSTARX

Those of you with the Hot Toys Marvel series' entries - where did you get them from? Best place? I'm in Australia, and can't seem to find anywhere out here that does them, so I guess I have to import directly?

www.animarket.com is an online dealer for Hot toys, the owner is based in Australia. I have not ordered HT from him but I have done so for MegaHouse POP's and they arrive in good condition.

SUPARSTARX

Also this site is new for figure collecting: www.kolektakon.com

They do some proxy ordering for figures and sometimes even have unique exclusively made things for enthusiasts.

I haven't been there in a while but it seems like they are looking to also supply figures to sell soon too.

So in my weekly status check of the ThreeA Rex, people are getting them and posting reviews. They are all over ebay as well.

http://radtoyreview.com/2012/11/02/review-3as-metal-gear-solid-rex/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2496AF19EA

Probably the last time I ever order something from Sideshow. Their current estimates are january. Why it takes that much longer than bambaland and other retail orders I don't know.

Hmm, I ordered mine from BBTS... wonder how long they'll be?

NEO0MJ

The irritating thing is.. I wasn't too interested in Panty, but ever since I got Stocking, I really want one :/ but they're a bit pricey now >.<

There was a small comic convention a few months ago that had the pair for $100 and I passed because it was more than I wanted to spend for just Stocking.

I regret that decisions.

Your fault for not picking best sister first :mad:

I wonder why Stocking has such a huge fanbase compared to Panty.

Giolon

Been spending a couple weeks in Tokyo. Kotobukiya has Jaina on display in their Akihabara showroom:

I want to buy her figure, but a store employee told me she doesn't go on sale until November 15. I fly home on that day. :(

But even better, I have the brand newly released Power Girl in my hands! Some quick photos from my hotel room:

Finally, a quick pic of the full Bishoujo Display in the Kotobukiya Showroom:

My lens wasn't quite wide enough to get the whole thing, but most of the Bishoujos that's been released was represented. I was a little disappointed that they weren't all in there.

cajunator

Banned
Alter are generally top dog when it comes to quality, but I can't say i'm too impressed with the paintwork on Stocking's hair :\

Either way, still love the figure.

s5GeM.jpg

NICE>

I have a different Stocking Figure, the one where she shares the pole with Panty.
AlthougH I never bought the Panty figure. Might buy it to complete the set. Of note, no company seems to have done justice to Stockings hair.
Its this one:

johnsmith

remember me
7th Dragon Hacker

I didn't like the pictures from wonderfes, but this looks a lot better. If i get the samurai figure I might have to grab this one to go along with it.
8fc2da17.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just got Anti-Venom Marvel Select and Amazing Spider-Man Select. Anti-Venom might be the coolest toy I've ever seen. Even if he cut my thumb while I was trying to put him on the peg.

I'm trying to be conservative with my Select toys, so this will be it until Venom in 2013, but they better put Flash Venom out as a regular release instead of this Disney exclusive bundle nonsense. I'm also hoping for a FF Spidey

Fantomex

Hi guys thought I'd ask. Looking for a figure that I totally missed the boat on. The Toys R Us version of Grimlock, Masterpiece. Checked ebay, craigslist. amazon and it seems the best I can find is $250. I wouldn't mind purchasing it loose and without box. Any ideas of other places I can look and try to find a better price? I'm pretty sure I'm screwed and will have to pay that kind of money for a 3 year old figure.

1280931484_MPGrims2.jpg

The North American MPs will run you a fair bit no matter which way you cut it.

You might be able to find the Takara edition for cheaper, but it won't be by much. MP Grimlock in particular is a fan favourite, so it'll be non-trivial to get what you might consider a "good" price on one.

Similarily, I'm looking for an MP Skywarp. North American Edition. Was a Wal-mart exclusive. Will have to pay over 100, likely. Frownyface.

Takuan

Been spending a couple weeks in Tokyo. Kotobukiya has Jaina on display in their Akihabara showroom:

My lens wasn't quite wide enough to get the whole thing, but most of the Bishoujos that's been released was represented. I was a little disappointed that they weren't all in there.

What camera? Those are nice shots.

Fantomex

The North American MPs will run you a fair bit no matter which way you cut it.

You might be able to find the Takara edition for cheaper, but it won't be by much. MP Grimlock in particular is a fan favourite, so it'll be non-trivial to get what you might consider a "good" price on one.

Similarily, I'm looking for an MP Skywarp. North American Edition. Was a Wal-mart exclusive. Will have to pay over 100, likely. Frownyface.

Thanks. Is there a website that will help keep me up to date on releases for things like this? So I can catch the next masterpiece on the shelf when it comes out?

Just got Anti-Venom Marvel Select and Amazing Spider-Man Select. Anti-Venom might be the coolest toy I've ever seen. Even if he cut my thumb while I was trying to put him on the peg.

I'm trying to be conservative with my Select toys, so this will be it until Venom in 2013, but they better put Flash Venom out as a regular release instead of this Disney exclusive bundle nonsense. I'm also hoping for a FF Spidey
It boggles my mind how people collect Marvel Legends over Marvel Selects. Is it the larger variety of characters? The marginally better articulation? Build-a-figures? Marvel Select sculpts are always so much better and come with wicked diorama bases, the choice is clear to me.

Thanks. Is there a website that will help keep me up to date on releases for things like this? So I can catch the next masterpiece on the shelf when it comes out?
http://www.tfw2005.com/

My personal favorite site for Transformers news.

I usually just import the Japanese MP Transformers. I may pay a lot more, but I don't envy the mad dash to stores, the hunting, or dealing with the hoarders and scalpers. It's even harder to find the dang figures in Canada since the distribution is terrible, not to mention Vancouver has a huge TF fanbase making it even tougher.

bkw

Oh man, I heard of Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt years ago but never got around to watching it. Now that I'm reminded of it and started watching, I want the Alter Panty and Stocking as well. Pretty awesome show! Plus there's something nice about Alter figures...

Want Jaina Solo as well.

Fantomex

It boggles my mind how people collect Marvel Legends over Marvel Selects. Is it the larger variety of characters? The marginally better articulation? Build-a-figures? Marvel Select sculpts are always so much better and come with wicked diorama bases, the choice is clear to me.

http://www.tfw2005.com/

My personal favorite site for Transformers news.

I usually just import the Japanese MP Transformers. I may pay a lot more, but I don't envy the mad dash to stores, the hunting, or dealing with the hoarders and scalpers. It's even harder to find the dang figures in Canada since the distribution is terrible, not to mention Vancouver has a huge TF fanbase making it even tougher.

Will do from now on. Thanks bro!

EYEL1NER

Got my Asuka Kazama in yesterday. It looks great next to the Christie I picked up. I love how there are not all kinds of tiny, easily breakable things on the figure too, as opposed to Christie's ponytail, tassels, and all the little things coming off her pants that are sure to break when I ship it home in a year.
Looks really good and the quality (as well as the tip ITT that her mask is removable) has pushed me over the edge and made me decide that I need Jaycee as well.

tfw2005 is awesome.

tformers.com is also good

Also, for what it's worth there are two North American MPs on shelves right now.

The first is Masterpiece Thundercracker, which is a region specific redeco of Japanese MP-11, which was Starscream. There was an MP-06 or MP-07 of Thundercracker in Japan, but he was on the other mold. The one available in TRU right now, if you can find it, is the MP-11 mold and I can personally confirm it's pretty sweet.

There's also an Optimus Prime, which is ALSO the new mold (North American release of Takara MP-10), but I haven't been able to find one locally in stores yet. Will likely just fold and order from the internet.

Masterpiece Optimus Prime version II just came out at Toys R Us for $119.99...was able to order one online about a week or two ago, and it just got delivered earlier this week:

ZlBtg.jpg

TRU also has Masterpiece Thundercracker available as well at some places.

As for websites...yeah, www.tfw2005.com is where I usually go.

Beth Cyra

Masterpiece Optimus Prime version II just came out at Toys R Us for $119.99...was able to order one online about a week or two ago, and it just got delivered earlier this week:

ZlBtg.jpg

TRU also has Masterpiece Thundercracker available as well at some places.

As for websites...yeah, www.tfw2005.com is where I usually go.

The head looks truly amazing compared to the original MP Prime.

Still holding out on for a White Magnus repaint before I dip on a MP Prime 2.0.

The head looks truly amazing compared to the original MP Prime.

Comparing my old MP-1 to the MP-10 I think the biggest difference between the two headscuplts is the facemask...MP-1 has the top of the mask slightly angled upwards while MP-10 is the opposite. MP-1 might be more old-school 'anime accurate' because of it but the facemask on MP-10 gives Prime a more engaging, dynamic look.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think some people are just way into the collecting part rather than the Marvel part. Or it's a big enough part that it maters a ton. I'm sure articulation helps, but I put my figures up to display not to play with them and Select is perfect for that. Given that it's just 5 dollars more, it's certainly an odd choice, but I do think it's the collecting. Like, they only put out a few Marvel Selects a year. Rhino's the only release next month, I think. And Nightcrawler, Barb Hulk, and Venom's the only one for January outside of Disney exclusives. I think they're releasing more these days as the series takes off

I think part of it is that people don't have nearby comic book shops to buy from, and some people don't like buying online when it comes to figures. I'm far more likely to impulse buy in my comic book shop than on Amazon though I did preorder Rhino Select on Amazon. I'm hoping Venom shows up. I put in an order at my shop, but I don't know if they base orders off those, or if it's just like a waiting list

Marvel-Select.jpg

I GOT to have that Venom because I know he will sell out. If they just make a Mysterio, I'll have all the Spidey characters that I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom