• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giolon

I saw concept art for a Liara one.

Liara already came out. I have her. She's ok. She's too pale of a blue compared to the game. Black Hair Femshep is coming out as a Bioware online shop exclusive.

Other Bishoujo's that are in the pipe that I know of off the top of my head:

Lilli from Tekken
Asuka from Tekken red/black colorway
Jaycee from Tekken
Hawkgirl
Mara Jade
Kitty Pryde

johnsmith

remember me
whadya mean?

http://www.tomopop.com/i-really-hope-you-didn-t-order-figma-link-domestically-28158.phtml

When figma Link was announced, many of you were joyous. With the release now past us, those who had made their pre-orders through U.S. stores, such as Big Bad Toy Store, were still waiting for their orders to go through. Unfortunately, you are out of luck as Diamond Comics was unable to get the license necessary to sell Link to U.S. retailers.

In an e-mail that was sent out to purchasers, BBTS noted that Diamond had solicited the item to them for sale back in September, but that the deal was not finalized between Diamond and the license holders. Due to the inability of the two sides to come to a deal, no figma Link is to be distributed in North America.

If you were affected by this, my heart goes out to you. For Diamond to botch this given how so many had wanted this figure is utterly disgusting. Don't get people to buy things when the deal isn't in place. Don't fret though, as of right this moment, you can still order figma Link from AmiAmi for ¥3,600 (about US$44) plus shipping. I would act now if you want this, as Max Factory is sold out of its run of Link and I don't want to think what people on eBay will scalp this for.

johnsmith

remember me
The last figma I ordered cost 580 yen to ship to the US by unregistered SAL. This might be a bit more, depending on the accesories, but it'll be around there. Figmas are small.

Don't be wary about ordering. Amiami is completely legit. It's rare that they cancel orders, even on backordered items.

The last figma I ordered cost 580 yen to ship to the US by unregistered SAL. This might be a bit more, depending on the accesories, but it'll be around there. Figmas are small.

Don't be wary about ordering. Amiami is completely legit. It's rare that they cancel orders, even on backordered items.

Okay, you convinced me. I need this to go with Samus to slowly start my dream Smash Bros display :)

figmasmith.jpg

figma_bigo_red_droicy_wxp.jpg

My lady will be receiving these two for X-mas. She will be pleased.

I need some advice figure Gaf.

I finally got in the mail the Black Voltron Lion from the Matty Collectors range. So now I have all 5 lions sitting nicely in their packages. I was going to wait until I got all 5 before I started opening the boxes so I could put them together.

Now I see them all sitting there in the boxes and they look really nice but darn it the 80's kid in me just can't help but want to take them out and assemble the mighty Lion Robot Defender of the Universe. Part of me is also thinking with the collector mindset though, I leave these in the boxes and who knows how much they will be worth in the years to come :/ Although not sure if I can ever see myself selling them.

So what do I do Gaf, leave them in the boxes or open them up and put this mighty 23 inches tall beast together?

NEO0MJ

You should have bought not one, but three sets. One to combine, one to keep in lion mode and one to keep boxed...

But serious suggestion, open them! I never understood people who kept figures in boxes, especially ones that were meant to be played with.

You should have bought not one, but three sets. One to combine, one to keep in lion mode and one to keep boxed...

But serious suggestion, open them! I never understood people who kept figures in boxes, especially ones that were meant to be played with.

Yea, man. The only reason I keep anything boxed is because of a lack of space. How much more often does something look better boxed than displayed among other toys/statues. Keep the packaging if you think you're gonna flip it one day.

NEO0MJ

Where did you get those Big O figures? They look fantastic

If I'm not mistaken, these are the Max Factory figma versions. Dorothy was a mass release but because it's been some time since its release it's going to be hard to find her. Roger was a limited one and so it's going to be even harder to find him,especially at a good price. Right now I think you'll have to use e-bay and Amazon and find the price that fits you best, though I'm not sure if there were ever bootleg versions of these toys so be careful from who you buy it from.

I'm getting a little worried about my Hobby Search shipment. Pre-ordered Link and Pyramid Head back in May/June. Finally got the in-stock notifcation for Pyramid Head and payment request on November 30th. Successfully completed payment on the 30th and it has been in "Preparing for shipment" status ever since. Still no ship notification. :(

I'm getting a little worried about my Hobby Search shipment. Pre-ordered Link and Pyramid Head back in May/June. Finally got the in-stock notifcation for Pyramid Head and payment request on November 30th. Successfully completed payment on the 30th and it has been in "Preparing for shipment" status ever since. Still no ship notification. :(

Have you tried contacting their customer support? Did you get a response?

Hero

Got my Figma Link just now. I can't get the bottom part of the sword off easily to allow it to slide into a hand. It's really on there tight. Any suggestions?

Tried letting it sit in warm water for a while and its stuck on there good.

Jeff-DSA

Hey guys, I don't really collect these things, so I know next to nothing about them. A fan from my site sent me a Figma Samus, Figma Link, and some Zero Suit Samus (can't remember the brand). How do you guys typically display these things, for something like an office desk. I already have some Mario characters, but they stand well on their own and aren't nearly as easily posed as these Figma ones.

I see some of those claw things holding up figures. What's the best place to get one of those? Prices seem to vary wildly, so what's the preferred source/brand?

Hero

Hey guys, I don't really collect these things, so I know next to nothing about them. A fan from my site sent me a Figma Samus, Figma Link, and some Zero Suit Samus (can't remember the brand). How do you guys typically display these things, for something like an office desk. I already have some Mario characters, but they stand well on their own and aren't nearly as easily posed as these Figma ones.

I see some of those claw things holding up figures. What's the best place to get one of those? Prices seem to vary wildly, so what's the preferred source/brand?

The Figma's should come with their own plastic stands.

Got my Figma Link just now. I can't get the bottom part of the sword off easily to allow it to slide into a hand. It's really on there tight. Any suggestions?

Tried letting it sit in warm water for a while and its stuck on there good.
Pretty sure the Sword isn't supposed to come apart. The hands are pliable, you should be able to get the sword in there with a little futzing. Try warming up the hands with a blowdryer for a little bit if need be.

Hero

Pretty sure the Sword isn't supposed to come apart. The hands are pliable, you should be able to get the sword in there with a little futzing. Try warming up the hands with a blowdryer for a little bit if need be.

I managed to squeeze it into one hand so it's staying there for a while but it is supposed to come off. The instructions explicitly show this and this guy even does it in his review.

http://youtu.be/X6IZq0KBT34?t=5m15s

I've followed his suggestion of warm water and it's still not working.

Hero

I saw that the shield handle comes apart, I have no idea how I missed that in the instructions. Interesting.

Going from other comments in the YouTube video it seems everyone is experiencing difficulty with removing the bottom. The shield handle comes apart pretty nicely without being fragile, wish it was like that instead of this.

Giolon

The pommel of the sword does come off. I managed to get mine off w/o a significant amount of force, but you want to make sure that you're pulling straight along the axis of the handle, without lateral or rotational force.

The pommel of the sword does come off. I managed to get mine off w/o a significant amount of force, but you want to make sure that you're pulling straight along the axis of the handle, without lateral or rotational force.
I just tried, no luck. It's really stuck in there tight.

SUPARSTARX

RE: Figma Link: I don't remember the instruction manual showing the sword hilt being detachable to fit in so I left it at that like the pictures I posted haha. Good to know.

Rootbeer

Banned
We don't have an actual action figure thread so I hope nobody minds "high-end" action figures of the below 12" scale mentioned now and then.

Cause I found some great deals on DC Direct's Justice League figures.

DC Direct Justice League: Aquaman Action Figure - $7.54 as of this writing

DC Collectibles Justice League: The Flash Action Figure - $8.32

This is like 66% off, both with prime shipping, sold/shipped from amazon. These are quite nice figures for that price.

(personally, my We Can Be Heroes box set just shipped so I'm kinda bummed :p Well except that I get Superman early, he's not a single-carded release until late January otherwise.

Just got an email from amiami, ME3 Tali is ready to ship. You can tell them to wait and ship with another fig as long as they release in the same month, right? I think D-Arts Mega Man is due this month, lemme check

edit: and that's a yes. combined the orders, no rush on the Tali and I should save money with combined shipping.

johnsmith

remember me
What shipping method are you doing? Combining figures usually backfires on me because I end up having to pay EMS. I'm a cheapass and always use SAL unregistered when I can.

johnsmith

remember me
To ship by SAL small packet, the box must weight less than 2 kg and measure 90cm or less in combined height x width x length. Though I heard that if your package is too big for SAL you can email them to break up the shipment, I've never tried this myself.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Don't know about EU, but I would go with Amazon for D-Arts. BBTS charges high shipping, and Amazon is generally faster, and they've carried every D-arts Megaman so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom