• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
To ship by SAL small packet, the box must weight less than 2 kg and measure 90cm or less in combined height x width x length. Though I heard that if your package is too big for SAL you can email them to break up the shipment, I've never tried this myself.

gotcha. They were able to ship my first 2 Mass Effect 3 Play Arts Kai figures together via SAL Registered, and I doubt Mega Man's box will be as large. So 1 of those plus MM should be fine.

As for Amazon, I would definitely do that if I didn't already have it all ordered from amiami. I'd rather just leave it than to spend the effort. Let's hope they release some other classic MM characters in the D-Arts line, I'll go with amazon if they do.

SUPARSTARX

WHERE'S THE TRIGGER, GAF??????

MzEXj.jpg

Best figure ever.

PP2xW.jpg

I'M THE BAAAAAAAAAAAATMAAAAAAAAAAAN

Hey guys I just ordered my first Hot Toys figure which was a Classic Predator from Amazon. The problem is that I cant get the damn light in his helmets to work. I know its not the batteries because when I put the same ones in his arm, they work. I don't know what else it could be. Do you think I should try to get in touch with Hot Toys about this or would just trying to do an exchange with amazon be possible? Thanks for any suggestions

Where did you order it from and with what shipping option?

Ordered it from AmiAmi and did SAL shipping. Was hoping it'd get here around the time my red temple zelda jacket, my zelda playing cards, etc. arrived so I can wrap them all together haha. Next time I know to up the shipping

Ordered it from AmiAmi and did SAL shipping. Was hoping it'd get here around the time my red temple zelda jacket, my zelda playing cards, etc. arrived so I can wrap them all together haha. Next time I know to up the shipping

I got my SAL one a couple days ago. You should get yours soon. If not, try your post office in case they missed you and are retaining it. I've had that happen.

EYEL1NER

DAMN! That Lili is awesome!
Like Alisa, I've never cared for Lili, but that one looks good. I won't be able to pass that one up.

Giolon

There's something wrong with her face. The proportions are off. I think it's that her eyes are too far apart, and when you look at her from the side her bangs are way too poofy.

johnsmith

remember me
Man, I keep finding random figures I want. This is Buddy (seriously?) from a hentai game Voices from Har Megiddo. 5,000 yen on Mandarake. Must. Not. Buy.

2nd link might be nsfw

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Yeah, i'm not feeling this Lili. Been a fan of the TTT2 Bishojous but they did something to her face...

Everything else about the figure is really good though.

mollipen

HAAAAATE that Lili so much. I've become a big fan of hers (even though I can't stand Tekken), and was really excited to hear about the figure. But... ugh. It drops one of the main reasons I love her (EGL fashion), and instead just sexes her up.

zoukka

HAAAAATE that Lili so much. I've become a big fan of hers (even though I can't stand Tekken), and was really excited to hear about the figure. But... ugh. It drops one of the main reasons I love her (EGL fashion), and instead just sexes her up.

Also doesn't even remotely look like her.

bjork

Don't know that it fits with this thread, but I figured I'd ask if someone can ID this godzilla figure

NUWRb.jpg

The bigger figure is for scale, but I'm curious about the smaller red one. It has these markings and nothing else:

mEaDV.jpg

Is it just some bootleg-ass godzilla toy? Thanks for any help you guys can give.

Hero

Ask and you shall receive! Excuse the messy background a little bit.

If you need more pictures let me know. Loving them both, can't wait to add Pit.

Hopefully we get more Smash Bros characters. Would kill for Ike, Captain Falcon, Sheik and Zero Suit Samus Figma.

Hero

Ouch. I would've liked to have had it but just not in my budget.

On another note, are SH Figuarts good quality?

sca2511

Originally, I wanted to get figures/statues of mechas, but I didn't have money at the time. I started collecting Marvel and DC Bishoujos when I got into comics this year, still don't have any mechas except for King Kittan which was sort of an impulse purchase. Looking back, I should of started with collecting Sideshow statues, discovered the company after looking for Spider-Man statues. Now looking around for Spidey statues.

Beth Cyra

Originally, I wanted to get figures/statues of mechas, but I didn't have money at the time. I started collecting Marvel and DC Bishoujos when I got into comics this year, still don't have any mechas except for King Kittan which was sort of an impulse purchase. Looking back, I should of started with collecting Sideshow statues, discovered the company after looking for Spider-Man statues. Now looking around for Spidey statues.

Which Mechs are really into? The SRC line are some pretty great stuff at rather affordable prices.

SUPARSTARX

My 1/6 Bat pod is coming tomorrow. It's been quite a while since I preordered it! Damn!

My Bat collection is nearing completion. Kinda finished a Bruce Wayne kit bash recently but I don't really like the tie on the set.

8251148114_a2773bfa75_c.jpg

Missing good ol' Jim Gordon and John Blake customs. Bane and Catwoman on preorder.

EYEL1NER

Nice Ryomou, Dabookerman. I hadn't ever seen that one anywhere, so I started looking to see if it was a new figure and was surprised to see it wasn't. Can't believe I missed it, but I mainly pay attention to Kanu and Sonsaku (got my first Sonsaku in a bit ago). I'm actually looking at getting a Ryofu Housen and after acquiring one, then I might think about getting a Ryomou.
Bidding on a couple things on eBay right now and am hoping I score them.

NEO0MJ

So, did you officially drop buying mechas? So sad. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one buying mechas here.
All people seem to buy are girl statues, I hate them! Prouncing about in their frilly dresses and tight spandex :mad:

I'm joking with ya'll, I can appreciate a good figure.

Nice Ryomou, Dabookerman. I hadn't ever seen that one anywhere, so I started looking to see if it was a new figure and was surprised to see it wasn't. Can't believe I missed it, but I mainly pay attention to Kanu and Sonsaku (got my first Sonsaku in a bit ago). I'm actually looking at getting a Ryofu Housen and after acquiring one, then I might think about getting a Ryomou.
Bidding on a couple things on eBay right now and am hoping I score them.

Yeah. I saw it on Ebay for a decent price. It looks to be the most popular of her figures on MFC. I can see why. She's tall (about 11inches), beautifully painted, great detail and nice pose. Certainly one of my favourites now.

Ask and you shall receive! Excuse the messy background a little bit.

If you need more pictures let me know. Loving them both, can't wait to add Pit.

Hopefully we get more Smash Bros characters. Would kill for Ike, Captain Falcon, Sheik and Zero Suit Samus Figma.

Man I really need to get Samus also.

Sushigod7

Think I missed the boat on the Mohohime rerun. Damnit.

You guys can still find on Ebay for pretty normal prices. I see a bunch of $130 with free shipping. If you find a reputable dealer on there go for it. I'm still waiting on my Figma Link can't wait to get that one waited for a long long time to have a decent Link figure hope they continue with the Nintendo characters.

LosDaddie

Banned

Christmas presents for my 4yo daughter. Marvel Select Storm and DC Collectible Wonder Woman. I got her the MS She-Hulk for her b-day ealier this year.

Now my daughter will have a squad of super heroines.

You guys can still find on Ebay for pretty normal prices. I see a bunch of $130 with free shipping. If you find a reputable dealer on there go for it. I'm still waiting on my Figma Link can't wait to get that one waited for a long long time to have a decent Link figure hope they continue with the Nintendo characters.

I haven't used eBay in years, and all I hear are horror stories anymore, but that may be the only option available. I'm hoping Ami Ami will open up the purchase window again so I can luck out like I did with the ToX Mila Maxwell figure.

Sushigod7

I haven't used eBay in years, and all I hear are horror stories anymore, but that may be the only option available. I'm hoping Ami Ami will open up the purchase window again so I can luck out like I did with the ToX Mila Maxwell figure.

I agree heard some pretty bad things about counterfeit I guess avoid anything from Hong Kong and look for lots of positive feedback especially for figures. Hopefully once they ship (this month right?) a few extras will hit the stores.

Ouch. I would've liked to have had it but just not in my budget.

On another note, are SH Figuarts good quality?

I like the Figuarts as long as your looking for articulation. Some of them are on par with Figma, and some look terrible. It seems the ones based on Tokusatsu (Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, etc.) look a lot better then the Anime figures.

johnsmith

remember me
I wouldn't dare buy momohime from eBay. It's a commonly bootlegged figure. Just keep checking amiami and mandarake. If you can't grab a new one, some preowned ones are bound to pop up.

EYEL1NER

Just got a Onegai Teacher figure and I can't say I am that big a fan of it now. It hasn't gotten here yet or anything; I just saw it on eBay while looking through a seller's items. I had bought from this seller in the past and saw a lot of things I wanted, so I started going crazy bidding on stuff. I saw that this figure was listed cheap and then looked it up elsewhere. Couldn't find many reviews except on Amazon but the ones I found were negative.

Bid anyway and spent the last 10 minutes hoping someone swooped in and stole it away from me. No such luck. It was cheap but he charges a lot for shipping. I've got an actual item I really want ending in a bit though, so hopefully I can be so lucky again.

Edit: Score! Picked up another Kanu Unchou (it's a cheap Griffon figure though; gotta stop buying them. Griffon figures look nice when I want to buy them, but I get pretty disappointed when I get them). Hopefully I can get the third item I want from this guy, because he charges a lot for shipping and my only option for combining shipping is if I order three (and then he will total them up and deduct 20%). Only problem with that one is that it ends around midnight or so and I will be at work. eBay is blocked at my work. I've got a winning bid now, but who knows what will happen. Maybe I'll tell my wife to hop on and rebid if anything happens.

I've got two Revoltechs tomorrow that I plan on obtaining. Two things I have been wanting for a while. In fact, besides that Gundam Fix Figuration that got stolen from me (my number one want) and a nice Morrigan figure, one of these is the thing I want most out of anything out there. It's gonna be mine.

Busaiku

Does amiami charge when they ship or when you place the order?
Also, never ordered from Japan before should I go with the expensive EMS shipping, or use 1 of their cheaper alternatives?

meijiko

Does amiami charge when they ship or when you place the order?
Also, never ordered from Japan before should I go with the expensive EMS shipping, or use 1 of their cheaper alternatives?

Ami Ami charges when they ship.

EMS is usually the only option for large orders, but if you're patient and don't have a very heavy package, SAL can be much more affordable. It just takes longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom