• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

EYEL1NER

So I am scrolling through a seller's feedback on eBay, the guy I bought the last two figures I posted about from and also bought three a couple days ago from. I got something in from the same guy at the end of last month or beginning of this month and he didn't leave me feedback. I was just curious to see if just doesn't leave it for anyone or what the case was.

Anyway, I am scrolling through and whose name do I see? Dabookerman.
Not only have I now purchased a Ryomou (something I didn't think would happen so soon after commenting on yours), but I purchased one from the same guy you got yours from. I commented on the one you got, but I never even saw that one available from this guy. Go figure.

So I am scrolling through a seller's feedback on eBay, the guy I bought the last two figures I posted about from and also bought three a couple days ago from. I got something in from the same guy at the end of last month or beginning of this month and he didn't leave me feedback. I was just curious to see if just doesn't leave it for anyone or what the case was.

Anyway, I am scrolling through and whose name do I see? Dabookerman.
Not only have I now purchased a Ryomou (something I didn't think would happen so soon after commenting on yours), but I purchased one from the same guy you got yours from. I commented on the one you got, but I never even saw that one available from this guy. Go figure.

Small world! Unlikely I'll be buying often from this guy, purely because I keep getting charged customs :(
He didn't leave me feedback as well however.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Snap fit my Kotobukiya Mega Man!

Now it's time to fix the seam lines and give him a fresh paint job!

I know this is more of a standard figure thread, but whatever. ;) I will say, the kit is cool, but the connections are a bit of a bitch. He sort of falls apart more than I'd like when I pose him.

9B0C19C3-85EF-4B67-AE38-01CB802C7089-6981-0000042C2965DD1D.jpg

Snap fit my Kotobukiya Mega Man!

Now it's time to fix the seam lines and give him a fresh paint job!

I know this is more of a standard figure thread, but whatever. ;) I will say, the kit is cool, but the connections are a bit of a bitch. He sort of falls apart more than I'd like when I pose him.

9B0C19C3-85EF-4B67-AE38-01CB802C7089-6981-0000042C2965DD1D.jpg

lookin' good dude. glad to see him being used and not in pieces in my closet

looks like I ran into some money and can buy myself a Hot Toys DX12 Batman, anyone have any suggestions if I should go through bigbadtoystore or sideshowcollectibles to get him?? price is pretty much the same between them so thats not really a factor

looks like I ran into some money and can buy myself a Hot Toys DX12 Batman, anyone have any suggestions if I should go through bigbadtoystore or sideshowcollectibles to get him?? price is pretty much the same between them so thats not really a factor
I would personally go with Sideshow because their costumer service is amazing and I'd rather support a company that makes wicked shit than the Walmart of online toystores.

Wish I hadn't hesitated on Play Arts Solid Snake(proportions had bothered me then).
Now I have to pay an arm and a leg for him.
should look good next to my DMC4 Dante till I get the others.

Sushigod7

Wow finally Pit! I might have to get both, Dark Pit isn't really a must but I'd like to continue support for this line in hopes we'll get more Zelda (Wind Waker!!), Metroid and maybe a Captain Olimar with a bunch of Pikmin. They aren't terribly expensive at least. No pre-orders have been announced yet.

Wow finally Pit! I might have to get both, Dark Pit isn't really a must but I'd like to continue support for this line in hopes we'll get more Zelda (Wind Waker!!), Metroid and maybe a Captain Olimar with a bunch of Pikmin. They aren't terribly expensive at least. No pre-orders have been announced yet.
Fox/Falco next pls
. Fox NcCloud would be so great.
I am getting both. Hell the line is great! I will get them all.

EYEL1NER

Every so often I get the urge to look for Highschool of the Dead figures and after rewatching all the episodes on BRD right now, I decided to look again. Why are there not more figures of the characters from this show? And the few that exist are all stupid prices...
Hopefully if Season 2 ever comes out it will drum up some interest in the series and more figures will see the light of day.

I would personally go with Sideshow because their costumer service is amazing and I'd rather support a company that makes wicked shit than the Walmart of online toystores.

What's wrong with BBTS? I have looked there occasionally and usually anything I would want is OOS, but they currently have the preorder for the Lupin III Revoltech rerelease back in-stock (it was OOS for a while, Jigen is OOS at the moment though).
I ask because I was thinking about ordering Lupin (and Jigen if he comes back in-stock, but I see him for cheaper a couple other places).

What's wrong with BBTS? I have looked there occasionally and usually anything I would want is OOS, but they currently have the preorder for the Lupin III Revoltech rerelease back in-stock (it was OOS for a while, Jigen is OOS at the moment though).
I ask because I was thinking about ordering Lupin (and Jigen if he comes back in-stock, but I see him for cheaper a couple other places).
My personal beef (and it is a very personal one) is their effect on small businesses, hence the Walmart comparison. I would rather my dollars support a company like Sideshow, that's all. Most probably don't feel the same or are completely indifferent.

bangai-o

Banned
the koboyuki anime Power Girl statue is already starting to get price raised in some shops. is it worth the current 50+ pricetag?

the koboyuki anime Power Girl statue is already starting to get price raised in some shops. is it worth the current 50+ pricetag?

I picked her up because I have a feeling she may go up in price eventually. I also really like her so I'll probably just keep her though

Hey whats cooler Hot Toys 89 Batman or The Dark Knight Rises one. I eventually want to get one Keaton Batman and one Bale one but I can't decide if I should jump on the 89 one or wait for a Batman Returns one down the road

SUPARSTARX

Hey whats cooler Hot Toys 89 Batman or The Dark Knight Rises one. I eventually want to get one Keaton Batman and one Bale one but I can't decide if I should jump on the 89 one or wait for a Batman Returns one down the road

I have BOTH. They are both amazing. I guess it depends on how much of a fan you are for them.

Wait for the Batman Returns 1/6 to show up first. 89 Batman isn't running out of stock anytime soon. TDKR Batman on the other hand is kind of sold out and on backorder everywhere. All of the retail sites are fulfilling preorders so no word on when regular orders are going out.

Straight out the box, both sets are great. Keaton Batman is kind of stiff since the armor is full soft rubber and articulation isn't great.. Bale Batman on the other hand has better articulation since they have redesigned the suit to be cloth with glued/sewn on armor pieces.

Kyou

I seriously can not get the bottom of the hilt off on Link's mastersword

I'm afraid of breaking the thing with the force I'm using

I have BOTH. They are both amazing. I guess it depends on how much of a fan you are for them.

Wait for the Batman Returns 1/6 to show up first. 89 Batman isn't running out of stock anytime soon. TDKR Batman on the other hand is kind of sold out and on backorder everywhere. All of the retail sites are fulfilling preorders so no word on when regular orders are going out.

Straight out the box, both sets are great. Keaton Batman is kind of stiff since the armor is full soft rubber and articulation isn't great.. Bale Batman on the other hand has better articulation since they have redesigned the suit to be cloth with glued/sewn on armor pieces.

are you sure about him being in stock because I don't see him for sale anywhere which is part of the reason I want to jump on him if given the opportunity. I would regret getting him though if the returns version comes out better though. Thanks for the input though, I think I'll go towards the Bale version since they probably won't be making any new Bale Batmans down the line and just save my money for when the Returns versions comes out

johnsmith

remember me

Just ordered her along with Huntress and Batgirl from Kirin Hobby. The only DC girl I'm missing now is Catwoman, and I won't get her unless there's a rerelease like Wonderwoman. There's no way I'm paying the $200+ ebay prices.

SUPARSTARX

are you sure about him being in stock because I don't see him for sale anywhere which is part of the reason I want to jump on him if given the opportunity. I would regret getting him though if the returns version comes out better though. Thanks for the input though, I think I'll go towards the Bale version since they probably won't be making any new Bale Batmans down the line and just save my money for when the Returns versions comes out

Ahh.. hmm.. I saw a lot of Joker so I thought the Batman one is not too far behind on stock. I see plenty of auctions up for it though. You can still snipe some off for MSRP, a lot of people are trying to flip it for $300+ though.

The Batman Returns one might turn out better because it's possibly they rectify articulation with the 1989 Batman set.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Seems a good place to put this.

I was at the Hallmark store, picking up this years Star Trek ornament, and I saw this...

31ss2A%2B9qTL.jpg

A Delorean ornament. Picked it up, and it really looks great.

Just ordered her along with Huntress and Batgirl from Kirin Hobby. The only DC girl I'm missing now is Catwoman, and I won't get her unless there's a rerelease like Wonderwoman. There's no way I'm paying the $200+ ebay prices.

ooohh nice I was looking around for a batgirl since she is starting to disappear from a lot of sites

Damn, both Pits are shit-hot. Now that the coloured protos are out I gotta keep an eye out for pre-orders.

Also obligatory "what the fuck 3A" since I don't think it's been mentioned in 3 pages or so.

Yeah, I've been seeing the price of even the black recolor of Batgirl start to rise in price, so I decided to grab her while I could still find her at a decent price. Free shipping since it was $160 for all 3 too.

http://www.kirinhobby.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=3704

fuck I wish I could take advantage of that free shipping. Amazon prime has me so spoiled so having to pay 10 bucks for shipping an item just feels absurd to me sometimes

well $66 after shipping isn't that bad, I just snagged Poison Ivy off TFAW for 38.99 with free shipping so they will look nice together

johnsmith

remember me
Oh yeah, TFAW will have good prices on them if you can catch them as they start to clearance them out. Was able to get the Bishoujo Scarlet Witch figure from them for 38.99 with free shipping too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom