• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really hoping the Play Arts Catwoman turns out decent

Arkham or TDKR?
TDKR was looking great last I saw, same for TDK Joker
28095-00%20Head.jpg

Batman needs some work but Bane looked horrible imo.
Im actually liking their Catwoman more than Hot Toys.

Arkham or TDKR?
TDKR was looking great last I saw, same for TDK Joker
28095-00%20Head.jpg

Batman needs some work but Bane looked horrible imo.
Im actually liking their Catwoman more than Hot Toys.

Arkham one, I just prefer that design personally. I also plan on getting TDKR Batman cause he's been lookin good I think

Woah, I haven't opened my Kratos...I better check it out. My Nathan Drake had a shitty wash over his face too.

Man, I wonder if I should order the two Pit figma's from Amiami like I did Link or see if BBTS manages to get these.

Also, I laughed out loud of fist crotch

Rootbeer

Banned
I wish they'd offer a Pit/Dark Pit box set at a slightly discounted price.

Asking too much, I'm sure.

Oh well, I ordered both from amiami. They are very similar but I don't care -- must have both :p

Tempted to get the new sword arts online figma of Kirito as well

Rootbeer

Banned
Awesome just ordered both, I use http://www.otacute.com/ for most of my import orders I find the service and pricing better than most.

I've never completed an order with them yet but I do have a Berserk Vol. 37 with Figma on pre-order there... I hope they fulfill it because the price is good.

amiami has the Pit figmas a few dollars cheaper, but is the shipping cheaper with otacute? *edit* well upon researching it appears no, not really. Guess I'll stick with amiami because i've had nothing but great experiences ordering from them (well except for how expensive the shipping is but that's not their fault :p)

Sushigod7

I've never completed an order with them yet but I do have a Berserk Vol. 37 with Figma on pre-order there... I hope they fulfill it because the price is good.

amiami has the Pit figmas a few dollars cheaper, but is the shipping cheaper with otacute? *edit* well upon researching it appears no, not really. Guess I'll stick with amiami because i've had nothing but great experiences ordering from them (well except for how expensive the shipping is but that's not their fault :p)

The few orders I compared shipping on they were competitive but I'm sure it varies. I'll have to try Amiami on my next order.

Hmm, don't really care for Pit, but the amiami price converted from yen to USD brings it to $35. I feel like not getting one would be foolish

bishoujo Supergirl already came out a while ago right?? I see she's up fro pre-order on BBTS, does that means she's getting a re-release or somethin?

johnsmith

remember me
bishoujo Supergirl already came out a while ago right?? I see she's up fro pre-order on BBTS, does that means she's getting a re-release or somethin?

Original release date was June/July 2011. I think she may have not sold out everywhere. I'm still seeing her available in some shops.

http://store.kotous.com/dc-comics-bishoujo-collection-supergirl-bishoujo-statue.html
http://www.kirinhobby.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=3447

Just went on a bit of a preordering binge after missing out on the 7th Dragon 2020 Samurai preorder discounts and having to pay retail. Ordered the 7th Dragon Hacker figure that goes along with her, and Atelier Meruru.

Got an email from amiami, D-Arts Mega Man is ready to ship and I paid it off. I combined the order with Tali from ME3 and was still able to pick SAL Registered. Final total was $106, ouch. I don't even like the ME3 figures!

Oh man... forgot to order D-Arts Mega Man. But this one is coming to the USA, right?

Oh yeah, nothing to worry about, you can still find the X line on amazon right now. In fact they're taking "temporarily out of stock" orders for the D-arts Classic Mega Man, but I think that's just their way of saying "not available yet but you can still buy." Price seems a little high, though

Rootbeer

Banned
Oh yeah, nothing to worry about, you can still find the X line on amazon right now. In fact they're taking "temporarily out of stock" orders for the D-arts Classic Mega Man, but I think that's just their way of saying "not available yet but you can still buy." Price seems a little high, though

Yeah but that free Prime shipping. So much easier on the wallet than EMS.

Man why can't it be this easy to get Figmas

EYEL1NER

Wow. I got my two Revoltechs in and they are just amazing. The Sengoku Basara Date and Sanada. Both gorgeous and completely badass at the same time. Being my first experience with Revoltechs, it took me a while to get the hang of positioning the joints and limbs just right. And I had a hard time separating one of the faces from the head, so that figure will remain how it is for now. I was extremely cautious the whole time too, so that added to the time it took to get them out of the package and set up. I didn't want to break anything.

While I love the way the Date looks in the promo shots and in person, I enjoyed posing Yukimura more; he was a lot easier and more flexible. That was something I had read in reviews though, that Masamune was harder to pose due to his coat and the swords on his sides.

I still need to get the hang of the Revoltech joints, but overall, I am glad I got these. I have wanted them since laying eyes on them and missed the Date rerelease earlier in the year. $70 total for both was an absolute fucking steal and probably the best and my most favorite deal I have gotten all year on something (I get a pretty big adrenaline rush when buying and getting deals on stuff; it's probably why I am approaching 500 360 games and have barely played half of them).

Not only do I love these two figures, I just plain love Revoltechs now. I really liked the detail on the Figma Kanu Unchou I have and how the features are more soft, but for pose-ability, cool additional stuff and accessories, and looking awesome, my Revoltechs stomp all over it. Next up is the Lupin the III and Jigen Revoltechs, since they are getting rereleased. I think I have a thing for the ones that look good paired together. The promo shots of Jigen sitting in a chair with gun in hand and cigarette in mouth while Lupin sits next to him examining a jewel look great. As do the pics of them running from gunfire. Straight out of the anime. I think that is one of the reasons I was drawn to the Sengoku Basara figures; they look great together.

I only have my iPhone 4S with me and for whatever reason the laptop I am currently using won't detect it as a camera, so it will be a bit before I can take pics, but I will try to get some soon. I got my Ryomou in today too, but waiting to take pics will allow my other figures to come in. A guy coming back from the states next week has a wireless router, so as soon as he gets his internet activated again, I will upload the pics from my phone that way.

This is really a bad hobby to get into man....

shit.

I bought this a while ago and I am still waiting for it.
Karen%20Araragi%20figma%2001.jpg

but now I want this

0figma_drossel_pbx_004.jpg

good thing it's sold out everywhere(right?)

I am going to be broke from this shit man.

johnsmith

remember me
This is an awful hobby to get into if you have no self control. I know from experience. And nothing is ever sold out forever as long as you're patient (and can spend the cash). That Drossel figma frequently pops up on amiami's preowned section.
http://www.amiami.com/top/page/c/preowned.html

And she's in stock at mandarake, though they will tack on an extra 500 yen handling fee for orders under 5,000 yen, and they only do registered sal.
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-332270.html
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-417916.html
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-230075.html

Not a fan of that new Elf personally. I like the orchid seed one better.

hmmm....

anyone ordered from this Mandrake place before?

I don't want to buy a fake (which apparently that figure is well known for having...)

This is really a bad hobby to get into man....

I am going to be broke from this shit man.
I hear ya dude...

I pre-ordered BOTH 2011 and 2012 JGTC Race Queen Miku figmas for about $115+ each...I never spent that much on a small action figure before...much less pre-ordering two of them at practically the same time. Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom