• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
27637.jpg

Just saw this and I'm like "INSTANTBUY!" but sadly its sold out everywhere =(

Preorder this on amiami. I'm liking almost everything about this. There are certain parts of the hair that I wished were better but overall this whole setpiece is nice.

I like this mai figure, debating on preorder it as well but I don't know if I rather spend money on the new upcoming Street Fighter Kotobukiya figures.

I also ordered the Kurisu figure from Kotobukiya (backorder). I'm still on the fence between the Kotobukiya figure or the Good Smiles one. I like the pose in GS but the gears are so appealing to me in the kotobukiya. Dem First World problems.

kiryogi

Banned
So I'm finally looking to do something about my scantily clad figs in my collection. I'd hate for them to be in storage forever, so I'd like to find a good home for them. Only thing I ask is that you cover shipping and tell me how to package/send it lol. Otherwise I don't think I could get anything for them since they're not NIB or something.

johnsmith

remember me
No other Mai will ever be as awesome as the Max Factory one based on Kinu Nishimura's art. Mine finally arrived last week. Only 8,080 yen from amiami, B/B preowned, but in perfect shape and absolutely, 100% the real deal. She's a huge 300mm / 11.8 inches. She's definitely worth stalking mandarake or amiami's preowned section to get her.

ibbr4kka0Lyj16.jpg

So I'm finally looking to do something about my scantily clad figs in my collection. I'd hate for them to be in storage forever, so I'd like to find a good home for them. Only thing I ask is that you cover shipping and tell me how to package/send it lol. Otherwise I don't think I could get anything for them since they're not NIB or something.

What figures are we talking about here?

kiryogi

Banned
20121226_183421.jpg

20121226_183439.jpg

No, Kosmos/T-elos are not going lol. But the Shining gals/Naru etc are. Mizuho's been claimed already. Naru too.

Also these, but this is acutally NIB... dno what to charge for them on the other hand.

20121226_184216.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Just saw this and I'm like "INSTANTBUY!" but sadly its sold out everywhere =(

Preorder this on amiami. I'm liking almost everything about this. There are certain parts of the hair that I wished were better but overall this whole setpiece is nice.

I like this mai figure, debating on preorder it as well but I don't know if I rather spend money on the new upcoming Street Fighter Kotobukiya figures.

I also ordered the Kurisu figure from Kotobukiya (backorder). I'm still on the fence between the Kotobukiya figure or the Good Smiles one. I like the pose in GS but the gears are so appealing to me in the kotobukiya. Dem First World problems.

Momohime is a gorgeous figure.
I got her the first time.
Well worth whatever she ends up costing.
I paid about 100$.

Also got an email from hobby search that Ultimate Madoka stock is in!
Expensive figure at 150$ but so worth it.
The detail on her looks absolutely incredible.

Also I recently watched Steins;Gate and I REALLY want a 1/6 scale Makise Kurisu and a Mayuri figure. Preferably from good smile co or alter.
I have purchased from ebay before so thats an option.
Anyone can find a link to some in stock?
Cant wait!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I use paypal and within paypal, I have it taken out of my bank acct rather than my credit card, even though I use my CC for EVERYTHING.

One time I bought something from Canada with my CC and they charged me some additional fee, "foreign transaction" or something like that. It was a big purchase so it was an extra ~$40. So I use paypal + bank acct for anything outside of the US now.

Hmmm, if I use Paypal for a site like AmiAmi, how would I know how much to send for shipping? And with the changing exchange rate?

Momohime is a gorgeous figure.
I got her the first time.
Well worth whatever she ends up costing.
I paid about 100$.

Also got an email from hobby search that Ultimate Madoka stock is in!
Expensive figure at 150$ but so worth it.
The detail on her looks absolutely incredible.

Also I recently watched Steins;Gate and I REALLY want a 1/6 scale Makise Kurisu and a Mayuri figure. Preferably from good smile co or alter.
I have purchased from ebay before so thats an option.
Anyone can find a link to some in stock?
Cant wait!

yeah on ebay its 130-200. A little too much for me.

That madoka one looks amazing =X I think I started a bad hobby

edit

Momohime is 130 only from hongkong...=( which means high chance of fakkkkkkeee

fmpanda

Hmmm, if I use Paypal for a site like AmiAmi, how would I know how much to send for shipping? And with the changing exchange rate?

Amiami works by sending you a final bill once you the item you ordered is ready to ship. So you're not going to know your final shipping rate until then. It also depends on what you're choosing for shipping along with the weight of the item.

Amiami works by sending you a final bill once you the item you ordered is ready to ship. So you're not going to know your final shipping rate until then. It also depends on what you're choosing for shipping along with the weight of the item.

is it true sal register is the best shipping method overall? Never ordered figures from overseas.

fmpanda

is it true sal register is the best shipping method overall? Never ordered figures from overseas.

I would say it depends. I usually use EMS as I like my stuff getting to me quickly, but I've actually used SAL once or twice on accident and I still got everything pretty decently quick and in one piece.

cajunator

Banned
yeah on ebay its 130-200. A little too much for me.

That madoka one looks amazing =X I think I started a bad hobby

edit

Momohime is 130 only from hongkong...=( which means high chance of fakkkkkkeee

Ive ordered some from hong kong and they were authentic.
Just make sure the seller lists it as such.
Fakes are not only obvious, but the seller often lists them as "faithful replica"
Without experience I dont recommend going that route at first.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Hm, I placed one pre-order with a credit card and would like to switch to Paypal. Can I just wait for my order to be ready to ship and then switch payment methods?

johnsmith

remember me
Hm, I placed one pre-order with a credit card and would like to switch to Paypal. Can I just wait for my order to be ready to ship and then switch payment methods?

Update shipping info/payment method
> Update shipping/payment info for your orders.

I use sal unregistered, and have never had a problem. But be prepared to wait up to 3 weeks to get your stuff in the US. I only use EMS if I don't have a choice because the box is too big, or I order a ton of stuff at once.

And stay the hell away from hong kong/ebay sellers for figures known to be bootlegged. Just keep watching amiami once we know the release date and maybe setup a notice for http://www.figinstock.com/ . They will probably open up orders again. Or keep checking amiami's preowned section or mandarake.

fmpanda

If I were you I would switch it to Paypal now, which you can do via going to your Account page on Amiami, click on Update Shipping/Payment Method, then clicking on your Pre-Order.

fmpanda

The price is definitely worth it for her. Shipping is the real killer though.

Yup, between shipping and being released during Xmas time, I unfortunately had to pass for now, but she's on my list of things to pick up once AKon is going later this year.

cajunator

Banned
The price is definitely worth it for her. Shipping is the real killer though.

I have money set aside for her and four others.
The other ones are in january/feb.
Just got the notice that she will ship soon.
When she arrives in january I will post pics.
I just have no idea where to put the figure yet.

so I think I decided for sure to get xiaoyu (kotobukiya) and Sigrid (Japan Embrace). Now whether to get alisa (koto) + chun li (koto) or mai.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Update shipping info/payment method
> Update shipping/payment info for your orders.

If I were you I would switch it to Paypal now, which you can do via going to your Account page on Amiami, click on Update Shipping/Payment Method, then clicking on your Pre-Order.

Ah, thanks for the quick response! I'll go ahead and change it now.

BadWolf

No other Mai will ever be as awesome as the Max Factory one based on Kinu Nishimura's art. Mine finally arrived last week. Only 8,080 yen from amiami, B/B preowned, but in perfect shape and absolutely, 100% the real deal. She's a huge 300mm / 11.8 inches. She's definitely worth stalking mandarake or amiami's preowned section to get her.

ibbr4kka0Lyj16.jpg

How much did you pay for shipping?

SUPARSTARX

I thought about camping out for the og Mai pvc figure but held out since I am not a super KOF fan. The new one looks good too cuz it matches the KOFXIII art.

Can't wait for Enterbay's Michael Jordan 1/6. Looks hella good. I'm gonna order it when it comes out. It looks like they are doing four different limited editions with different jerseys for Jordan in it. Enterbay struck a pretty good deal since Upper Deck has all these merchandise licensing with Jordan.

431406_354179647989908_361229296_n.jpg

69464edejw1dygicny61zj.jpg

69464edejw1dyghe8cge2j.jpg

I used to buy a bunch of figures all the time, but I've slowed down a bit to the point where I only buy one or two every year. I currently don't have any updated images of my collection at home (since we recently remodeled so half my figures are in storage atm), so here's an image of my workstation.

7E5567BE-E635-49BE-B6EC-30F1CAF3487B-25025-00001BC9416A159D.jpg

I used to buy a bunch of figures all the time, but I've slowed down a bit to the point where I only buy one or two every year. I currently don't have any updated images of my collection at home (since we recently remodeled so half my figures are in storage atm), so here's an image of my workstation.

7E5567BE-E635-49BE-B6EC-30F1CAF3487B-25025-00001BC9416A159D.jpg

Dat mousepad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom