• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll admit that one of the reasons I get a lot of figmas and nendos is because I'm cheap :p. Though there's a few I've spent upwards of $100 on, and that Miku 2.0 is going to cost me around $90 shipped. Might do more PVC's around con season or later in the year.

I'll have to live vicariously through your Ultimate Madoka purchase since I'd probably need a new addition on my house just to display it.

KYH is one of the rare cases where I prefer the figma over the nendo.

Same, though I paid $100 for Kyon from Haruhi, though now im kinda mad because I saw one go for 40 + shipping.

also as much as I like Hot Toys and such I have always preferred smaller scale figures.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, its one that I have been considering.
Really like it.

Someone on MFC was kind enough to sell me the Taniguchi head that was included with figma Ryoko Asakura for just the shipping price, I will finally be able to finish my custom Okabe from Steins;Gate. Shame Max Factory didn't make one because Kurisu was great.

I saw a really nice Makise Kurisu figure too. Might have to spring for that one. Are there any good Mayuri ones?

I want to get a persona one as well but only yukiko and rise. The only good yukiko is hard to find and expensive as fuck. The rise one is tempting but... I could wait for something better.

But another must buy from me would have to be one of the bayonettas.

61595.jpg

Was really eye-ing the 2nd one till somebody pointed out the ear. After that I couldn't un-see it =(

LiK

hrm, disappointed MFC is missing too many Hot Toys figures in their database. guess not a lot of HT collectors in there.

SUPARSTARX

hrm, disappointed MFC is missing too many Hot Toys figures in their database. guess not a lot of HT collectors in there.

Yah, it's more of an anime figurine site. I wanted to put in my HT stuff too but there isn't much database for it.

LiK

Yah, it's more of an anime figurine site. I wanted to put in my HT stuff too but there isn't much database for it.

well, looks like they have a ton of Megahouse figures. and it seems i have a lot and didn't even notice. spending so much time adding them in there, lol

Shit, I really want these...

307520_10151177471737344_1442292283_n.jpg

They really need to do a Mark III 2.0. The BD version looks so bad next to the updated sculpt of the Mark II AU.

No Schultz from Django?

No Kanji or Naoto from Persona 4?

No Bayonetta without a weird ear/not-summoning-a-demon?

What kind of hellish world have I woken up in?

So much money but nothing nerdy to spend it on.

LiK

Yeah, I was looking for HT Specter(Socom) earlier but it wasn't on there.
Still one of my favorites I own.

i own almost all the Iron Man ones as well as all the T2, Spider-Man, Dark Knight, Avengers-related ones as well as other movie ones. can't believe none of them are in there. oh well. maybe when i'm bored i can submit some if that's possible.

SUPARSTARX

Shit, I really want these...

307520_10151177471737344_1442292283_n.jpg

They really need to do a Mark III 2.0. The BD version looks so bad next to the updated sculpt of the Mark II AU.

holy shit, wonder how much that;'s gonna cost...

As of this post for the entire set of Iron suits and hall displays...

Mark I 2.0 - $220 (limited retail)
Mark II 2.0/Unleashed - $180-220 (limited retail)
Mark III - $350+
Mark IV - $400+ for solo figure or $500+ for Gantry set (limited retail)
Mark V - $250-290
Mark VI - $400+
Mark VII - $250 (limited retail preorder)

I am almost certain they will charge $60-$80 per display diorama... Suppose you want seven of them for the whole set...$420-$560

You're looking at about $2,500 minimum.

Oh, if you want Iron Monger that's another $450-$500. Whiplash? Throwdown another $300. War Machine? Another $350. Tony Stark body and outfit, probably another $100 since some of the above set comes with his head as extras. There is a custom Pepper Potts made by Iminime, a small Korean figure company that looks pretty good. Their work is fantastic they have very small limited releases so getting one of those is another $300+

YEAH!..... you gotta have a lot of expendible capital to really complete an Iron Man set right now unless you got to purchase these things for $150 each when they first released about 4-6 years ago.

SUPARSTARX

so what you are saying is its better to go for the scantily clad anime women

More figures! YES

edit: I should sell my Iron Man. I only have Mark II and Mark VI. I only care about Batman stuff mostly now.

edit2: The hall of armors have a set of 4 or set of 7 pack too. Wonder how much more discounted will it be.

SUPARSTARX

Hah, collector resources pointing that Iron Man display diorama prices at... one for $100, four pack for $370 and the seven pack for $640.

As of this post for the entire set of Iron suits and hall displays...

Mark I 2.0 - $220 (limited retail)
Mark II 2.0/Unleashed - $180-220 (limited retail)
Mark III - $350+
Mark IV - $400+ for solo figure or $500+ for Gantry set (limited retail)
Mark V - $250-290
Mark VI - $400+
Mark VII - $250 (limited retail preorder)

I am almost certain they will charge $60-$80 per display diorama... Suppose you want seven of them for the whole set...$420-$560

You're looking at about $2,500 minimum.

Oh, if you want Iron Monger that's another $450-$500. Whiplash? Throwdown another $300. War Machine? Another $350. Tony Stark body and outfit, probably another $100 since some of the above set comes with his head as extras. There is a custom Pepper Potts made by Iminime, a small Korean figure company that looks pretty good. Their work is fantastic they have very small limited releases so getting one of those is another $300+

YEAH!..... you gotta have a lot of expendible capital to really complete an Iron Man set right now unless you got to purchase these things for $150 each when they first released about 4-6 years ago.
Gosh, seeing those prices makes me feel so lucky. I'm gonna brag/gush for a moment.

Mark I 2.0 - Wholesale price
Mark II 2.0/Unleashed - Wholesale price
Mark III - Got the Battle Damaged version for $210+tax at a local toy store about 2 years ago.
Mark IV - Gantry set at wholesale price
Mark V - $190 shipped earlier this year.
Mark VI - Got this and War Machine off someone on Craigslist earlier this year for $225 each.
Mark VII - Getting it for wholesale price. :3

I'm not making great money, but working at a comic shop with low rent sure has it's perks!

By the way, new D-Arts Charizard pics! Click the pic for more pics.

Oooh nostalgia =D think I might get this lol
I really dislike how many parts are so exposed in him, makes him look like a robot.
Unfortunately it's pretty unavoidable due to the nature of Pokemon designs.
That and the fact it's posable as well I guess.

...So I'm guessing the general consensus is that non posable figures tend to be better? Due to things I saw on tomopop like this XD:
27662-header.jpg

...So I'm guessing the general consensus is that non posable figures tend to be better?
Depends who you ask. The majority of people in this thread are anime chick PVC statue collectors. That's totally not my scene and I much prefer posable figures most of the time. Posing toys is so much fun, it's like a hobby within a hobby.

And that Shepard is actually a great figure. Excellent detail on the armor and weapons, very posable with a design that lends itself better to hiding joints, and a great size. Given your options, it's the best male Shepard figure a Mass Effect fan can buy. Unfortunately, that's a really unflattering photo of a sample with overdone face shading. The one I own looks much better.

SUPARSTARX

Gosh, seeing those prices makes me feel so lucky. I'm gonna brag/gush for a moment.

Mark I 2.0 - Wholesale price
Mark II 2.0/Unleashed - Wholesale price
Mark III - Got the Battle Damaged version for $210+tax at a local toy store about 2 years ago.
Mark IV - Gantry set at wholesale price
Mark V - $190 shipped earlier this year.
Mark VI - Got this and War Machine off someone on Craigslist earlier this year for $225 each.
Mark VII - Getting it for wholesale price. :3

I'm not making great money, but working at a comic shop with low rent sure has it's perks!

[]http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/2/6/0/2/D-Arts-Charizard-02_1356675734.jpg[/IMG]
Yup. You got it gud! :p

I'm just gonna stick with Batman stuff. My entire collection so far is MSRP priced so it's OK. The only pieces I can't really obtain so far is Two Face which is dead stock. Everything else hasn't been made officially besides the weird decision on HT's part to do a SWAT Gordon. Custom everything else.

That is what I like about posable figures =D
Just saw on kotaku about First 4 Figures, they have a Shenmue teaser:

£200 I bet hahaha

To be honest, the only good thing about F4F is that they shoot up in price, so if anything, they'll be decent investments.

I only base this on the fact that the Gravity Suit Samus I have goes for £600 on ebay... It was a gift from my first girlfriend, and she bought that for £60ish.
Also, their Zelda lines increase in value.

Still, I don't understand how they seemingly get some major licenses.
This makes me laugh every time.

The F4F version is about an inch taller (although I'd attribute that to the thick base)

vertical.jpg
FIG-IPN-3176_01.jpg

One is $80 the other is $110

GUESS WHICH??

ZSS from F4F is a joke, yeah, but their gunships, and the Samus in Varia suit, are fucking shit hot. Anything mechanical in nature and they're pretty good. I have both Metroid gunships and I can attest to them being fucking amazing.

Ok, so, on the other page, people were talking about Persona 4 stuff.

Did Alter or some other company ever make a good Chie? Not a poseable but like a larger one like the good Kukiko there. Replaying Golden myself and I never got myself any P4 stuff yet.

As far the whole Posed vs unposed thing.

I collect both, and I do love posable figs. I have Hot Toys and Medicom figures, as well as Figma and Revoltech figs.

It's a personal preference, but I tend to avoid posable figures, such as the Play arts stuff, mainly because I hate the exposed joints. I know a few of the MGS ones avoid this issue, in the same was Samus does with Figma.

I am however a huge fan of Hot Toys, due to how life like and high quality they are, although they have been getting more expensive lately, but thankfully, i believe that you see the increase in the quality as well.

ZSS from F4F is a joke, yeah, but their gunships, and the Samus in Varia suit, are fucking shit hot. Anything mechanical in nature and they're pretty good. I have both Metroid gunships and I can attest to them being fucking amazing.

I'll agree on the mechanical part. But in general mechanical, non organic type statues are generally the easiest to get right.

Guys, I need advice.
I'm looking to sell a figure but I have no idea what I can ask for it.
I bought it for about $100 when it was new but only 250 pieces exist so I imagine the value went up quite a bit. Seeing it on Amazon for $1500.
I've seen the Varia Suit version on ebay for $600+, but that one was limited to 2500 pieces so the one I'm selling is 10 times as rare (I also own the Varia one but keeping that).
Item has been on display but is undamaged, and this is not my pic.
I do still have the box and the credit card looking thing that comes with it.

https://www.first4figures.com/component/option,com_myphp/Itemid,3/product,45/

Guys, I need advice.
I'm looking to sell a figure but I have no idea what I can ask for it.
I bought it for about $100 when it was new but only 250 pieces exist so I imagine the value went up quite a bit. Seeing it on Amazon for $1500.
I've seen the Varia Suit version on ebay for $600+, but that one was limited to 2500 pieces so the one I'm selling is 10 times as rare (I also own the Varia one but keeping that).
Item has been on display but is undamaged, and this is not my pic.
I do still have the box and the credit card looking thing that comes with it.

https://www.first4figures.com/component/option,com_myphp/Itemid,3/product,45/

This is a funny post, because I just posted that I have the very same figure :p

I only base this on the fact that the Gravity Suit Samus I have goes for £600 on ebay... It was a gift from my first girlfriend, and she bought that for £60ish.

I've seen it sell for about $1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom