• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I used to buy a bunch of figures all the time, but I've slowed down a bit to the point where I only buy one or two every year. I currently don't have any updated images of my collection at home (since we recently remodeled so half my figures are in storage atm), so here's an image of my workstation.

7E5567BE-E635-49BE-B6EC-30F1CAF3487B-25025-00001BC9416A159D.jpg

multiple Kuronekos? Nice! I have two as well, but I want the one with the white dress that you have here.

LiK

i have a ton of scantily clad figures in bins right now too. kinda not into them anymore and they're not that great to display with what i'm doing for my current displays. i think any sexy figure will be reserved for video game gals.

i'll probably round up a bunch i don't want and also do what kiryogi is doing. i doubt it's worth selling them on eBay loose anyway.

i have a ton of scantily clad figures in bins right now too. kinda not into them anymore and they're not that great to display with what i'm doing for my current displays. i think any sexy figure will be reserved for video game gals.

i'll probably round up a bunch i don't want and also do what kiryogi is doing. i doubt it's worth selling them on eBay loose anyway.

I feel you on that. I have tons of bikini clad anime girls in storage. I tried selling some on eBay before but didn't get any ROI since they were loose. I might just bring them to a swap meet at Fanime or something and try to unload them then...idk.

cajunator

Banned

I pretty much collect characters in their original show outfits. More diversity that way and more interesting to look at. Of course I made an exception for Charlotte Dunois and got the bunnygirl version because its unbelievably cute. IMO if you have one bikini clad figurine you have them all. So plain.

LiK

I feel you on that. I have tons of bikini clad anime girls in storage. I tried selling some on eBay before but didn't get any ROI since they were loose. I might just bring them to a swap meet at Fanime or something and try to unload them then...idk.

yea, or maybe if no one wants them here then i will try to ebay them and try to sell them in a lot.

I pretty much collect characters in their original show outfits. More diversity that way and more interesting to look at. Of course I made an exception for Charlotte Dunois and got the bunnygirl version because its unbelievably cute. IMO if you have one bikini clad figurine you have them all. So plain.

yea, and i'm starting to notice that many of the bikini figures have pretty dumb poses. but i'll keep my Rise (P4) bikini figures. very cute and good quality.

i also have some figures in bunny outfits. not even sure why i bought them cuz i hate bunny outfits. i thought the faces were cute only, lol...

Out of my collection, most of the figures I buy now are wearing their original outfits too. With the exception of my Kamineko figure which was too cute to pass up.

I should really setup a MFG account...but too lazy atm :/.

LiK

You gonna add all your stuff to it?

yea, gonna take a while. i literally own hundreds and hundreds of figures from years of collecting. might just start with my Hot Toys stuff to ease myself into it.

i usually post my stuff in pick-ups but here's soem figures i got recently.

2795B69A-F0AA-4138-9778-6A80CF5F0F0D-3703-0000029AE88FE65A.jpg

E000C932-C751-4A0A-82DB-E107737FCFC1-3703-0000029AF8C01AD2.jpg

5E3C3D6D-D988-4418-A353-CAC7240D07C3-3703-0000029AF29789A9.jpg

Just added you all on MFC. GAF club on there might be cool.

I don't really think I have much in the way of scantily clad figures. Closest I've come is ordering and then cancelling a bunch of Beach Queens.

cajunator

Banned
I dont like the Beach queens ones.
I hope Alter and GSC come up with a butterfly avatar version of Kuroyukihime. Right now I just have the Kotobukiya one ordered.
Also I HAVE to get my hands on that Shangri-La Kuniko Hojo figure. Its so gorgeous.

holy shit, adding figures is easy. well, guess my collection will be available for all to see soon, lol

I'm just adding the ones that I can remember from the top of my head and are in my display case. I have tons that are in storage that I honestly don't know what to do with.....

cajunator

Banned
I'm just adding the ones that I can remember from the top of my head and are in my display case. I have tons that are in storage that I honestly don't know what to do with.....

I already see several that you have that I didnt know existed. now I want them and I bet Ebay is my only option.

Wow ebay has both!
Might have to bid on the Utawarerumono girls as the Triggerheart figure looks much easier to get.

holy shit, adding figures is easy. well, guess my collection will be available for all to see soon, lol

That's why I like it. Good way to keep track of stuff and see what else is out there. Especially good for preorders so I don't forget them. Though I still missed the Miku 2.0 nendo twice on AmiAmi before resorting to jlist :/.

cajunator

Banned
I just hate how small the window is to preorder anything, and how a lot of stuff goes under the radar. Then I find out about figurineS I absolutely have to have and theyve been sold out for years.
This was the case for the Saber Lily figure and I ended up spending $250 on Ebay for it. Yeah I know that was a huge risk but I got an authentic one so it worked out.

LiK

Hmm, noticed that putting them in custom lists doesn't show up in my collection section in my profile. Will need to readd them later.

I just hate how small the window is to preorder anything, and how a lot of stuff goes under the radar. Then I find out about figurineS I absolutely have to have and theyve been sold out for years.
This was the case for the Saber Lily figure and I ended up spending $250 on Ebay for it. Yeah I know that was a huge risk but I got an authentic one so it worked out.

I've been okay with ebay, but I either do a LOT of investigation or just deal with people I already know. And speaking of that Saber Lily...I'd still love to get it, but it's a bit too rich for me. Nendos and figmas tend to eat up most of my figure "budget" (I use that term loosely).

cajunator

Banned
I've been okay with ebay, but I either do a LOT of investigation or just deal with people I already know. And speaking of that Saber Lily...I'd still love to get it, but it's a bit too rich for me. Nendos and figmas tend to eat up most of my figure "budget" (I use that term loosely).

Yeah I think Nendos are super cute, but I just dont want to own any of them.
I prefer normal scaled figures of characters. Also not fond of Figmas, but I have a small jointed Saber I picked up at a convention years ago (not a Figma brand) and Im buying my very first one when Kuroyukihime comes out. Although even that got delayed. they delayed the shit out of everything I ordered :(
But Ultimate Madoka just shipped so she should be here next week and I will indeed take pictures of that beauty.

Yeah I think Nendos are super cute, but I just dont want to own any of them.
I prefer normal scaled figures of characters. Also not fond of Figmas, but I have a small jointed Saber I picked up at a convention years ago (not a Figma brand) and Im buying my very first one when Kuroyukihime comes out. Although even that got delayed. they delayed the shit out of everything I ordered :(
But Ultimate Madoka just shipped so she should be here next week and I will indeed take pictures of that beauty.

I'll admit that one of the reasons I get a lot of figmas and nendos is because I'm cheap :p. Though there's a few I've spent upwards of $100 on, and that Miku 2.0 is going to cost me around $90 shipped. Might do more PVC's around con season or later in the year.

I'll have to live vicariously through your Ultimate Madoka purchase since I'd probably need a new addition on my house just to display it.

KYH is one of the rare cases where I prefer the figma over the nendo.

I'll admit that one of the reasons I get a lot of figmas and nendos is because I'm cheap :p. Though there's a few I've spent upwards of $100 on, and that Miku 2.0 is going to cost me around $90 shipped. Might do more PVC's around con season or later in the year.

I'll have to live vicariously through your Ultimate Madoka purchase since I'd probably need a new addition on my house just to display it.

Only nendo I own is Totori. Haven't had a strong enough desire to purchase any despite some of my favorite VN characters being available ONLY as nendos.

cajunator

Banned

The problem is I am out of room in my curio, but I have to figure out how to display Madoka, along with that rather large Princess of the Crystal, and a little later on the butterfly avatar version of Kuroyukihime. These will all take up a lot of space from the looks of it and I havent figured out the arrangement yet.

I still kind of want a Shinobu figure.
the one with the donuts.

Yeah, its one that I have been considering.
Really like it.

Someone on MFC was kind enough to sell me the Taniguchi head that was included with figma Ryoko Asakura for just the shipping price, I will finally be able to finish my custom Okabe from Steins;Gate. Shame Max Factory didn't make one because Kurisu was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom