• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only got the Varia one. Had no idea it sold for 600. Thought it was about half that, but I haven't checked in quite a while, so.

I'd love that Gravity Suit one, but I can't justify buying it off you while giving us both a fair price this soon after Christmas.

I jelly as fuck.

LiK

As of this post for the entire set of Iron suits and hall displays...

Mark I 2.0 - $220 (limited retail)
Mark II 2.0/Unleashed - $180-220 (limited retail)
Mark III - $350+
Mark IV - $400+ for solo figure or $500+ for Gantry set (limited retail)
Mark V - $250-290
Mark VI - $400+
Mark VII - $250 (limited retail preorder)

I am almost certain they will charge $60-$80 per display diorama... Suppose you want seven of them for the whole set...$420-$560

You're looking at about $2,500 minimum.

Oh, if you want Iron Monger that's another $450-$500. Whiplash? Throwdown another $300. War Machine? Another $350. Tony Stark body and outfit, probably another $100 since some of the above set comes with his head as extras. There is a custom Pepper Potts made by Iminime, a small Korean figure company that looks pretty good. Their work is fantastic they have very small limited releases so getting one of those is another $300+

YEAH!..... you gotta have a lot of expendible capital to really complete an Iron Man set right now unless you got to purchase these things for $150 each when they first released about 4-6 years ago.

Actually, i own all of them except for the Gantry, Whiplash and Iron Monger. :) So I could just get that display base and I'm set?

I've only got the Varia one. Had no idea it sold for 600. Thought it was about half that, but I haven't checked in quite a while, so.

I'd love that Gravity Suit one, but I can't justify buying it off you while giving us both a fair price this soon after Christmas.

I jelly as fuck.
I'd love to make you a great deal on account of your awesome avatar but if I wasn't in dire need of money I wouldn't be selling it in the first place :(
However, I tend to be lazy with these kinds of things so if you suddenly feel like you can splurge again you could shoot me a PM to see if I still have it.

Sushigod7

I'd love to make you a great deal on account of your awesome avatar but if I wasn't in dire need of money I wouldn't be selling it in the first place :(
However, I tend to be lazy with these kinds of things so if you suddenly feel like you can splurge again you could shoot me a PM to see if I still have it.

Shin I'm shooting you a PM about it. Love the F4F figures haven't been able to get any yet.

I'd love to. Depending on if you make a deal with sushigod or not I'll follow up for sure after I get my January paycheque.

Debating whether to preorder Rise and Chie or wait for a massive price drop like all other High Priestess figures.

Reposting this question for a new page.

Was there ever an ALTER Chie? Or are these High Priestess figs the best quality PVCs we can expect for her?

johnsmith

remember me
Reposting this question for a new page.

Was there ever an ALTER Chie? Or are these High Priestess figs the best quality PVCs we can expect for her?
Alter only made Yukiko and swimsuit Rise. At the moment Megahouse's High Priestess Chie is the only upcoming full sized scaled figure of her. There's also a couple of prize figures, a smaller figuarts zero, some chibi trading figures, half aged figures, and the figma.

Alter only made Yukiko and swimsuit Rise. At the moment Megahouse's High Priestess Chie is the only upcoming full sized scaled figure of her. There's also a couple of prized figures, a smaller figuarts zero, some chibi trading figures, half aged figures, and the figma.

Thanks for this. I've seen the figuarts, and the chibi/other crap sort of didn't interest me. The figma was pretty good though.

Can't check while at work, does amiami have preorders up on the Megahouse one yet?

I want the Chie figma, I haven't even played P4 yet though (it's on my shelf, I loved P3P). Is that weird? It's just something I know I'll want once I start playing P4

Thanks for setting up the GAF club on MFC, Red_taiyaki.

Hoping that my Akarin and Hakase nendos show up tomorrow. Then crappy iPhone 4S pics will commence :p. Yeah, I need to get a real camera again.

And speaking of nendos, I'm somewhat ashamed that I don't have Yukiko. She came out during my figure buying freeze...wasn't really paying attention to anything. Going to have to fix that soon.

cajunator

Banned
As far the whole Posed vs unposed thing.

I collect both, and I do love posable figs. I have Hot Toys and Medicom figures, as well as Figma and Revoltech figs.

It's a personal preference, but I tend to avoid posable figures, such as the Play arts stuff, mainly because I hate the exposed joints. I know a few of the MGS ones avoid this issue, in the same was Samus does with Figma.

I am however a huge fan of Hot Toys, due to how life like and high quality they are, although they have been getting more expensive lately, but thankfully, i believe that you see the increase in the quality as well.

I'll agree on the mechanical part. But in general mechanical, non organic type statues are generally the easiest to get right.

I avoid figmas and other poseables for that reason. Do not like the joint look. Even if it is well done. I make occasional exceptions, such as a small Saber figure I picked up years ago as well as a Kuroyukihime figma that is coming out next month. because, well, ITS REALLY CUTE.

Oh, and I joined the club Red_Taiyaki

SUPARSTARX

Actually, i own all of them except for the Gantry, Whiplash and Iron Monger. :) So I could just get that display base and I'm set?
Yeah if you want to drop the money though. I think it's way over priced. For the price of seven cases proposed I'd rather dip into more 1/6 or some 1/4 stuff.

I prefer poseables and figmas particularly. Visible joints do suck and how obvious they are can be a deciding factor for me. That said, I'm nervous/afraid of statue figures. They often have more fragile pieces and I'd be uncomfortable dusting them off when needed. The poseables, and figmas especially, are more like toys. I don't mind roughing them up and wouldn't even care if they got scuffed or scratched. OK I would care, but not as much as I would a statue. Plus I like changing the poses, hands, accessories around every few months; it's like a whole new figure when you do.

I collect both, and I do love posable figs. I have Hot Toys and Medicom figures, as well as Figma and Revoltech figs.

For posed vs unposed, I prefer posed. It's probably why I don't own any Figmas and the only Nendo I own is Totori.

17765-550x-11-0226-atelier-nendo-totori.jpg

I for one have never been fond of having to find a place to stow all the individual pieces and don't like seeing joints on my figures. Reminds me too much of the GI Joe's that I had when I was a kid haha.

Nope, just checked AmiAmi and I don't see it.

Much thanks, I'll keep an eye out in the coming weeks. Hopefully it won't be that far out, although I'm not sure when she's scheduled to drop.

The only Nendos I have are the minis from the Falcom set and the Jack Frost. Not too much of a fan of the look, in most cases. I consider myself thankful for that because that could get pricey as fuck real quick.

cajunator

Banned
I prefer poseables and figmas particularly. Visible joints do suck and how obvious they are can be a deciding factor for me. That said, I'm nervous/afraid of statue figures. They often have more fragile pieces and I'd be uncomfortable dusting them off when needed. The poseables, and figmas especially, are more like toys. I don't mind roughing them up and wouldn't even care if they got scuffed or scratched. OK I would care, but not as much as I would a statue. Plus I like changing the poses, hands, accessories around every few months; it's like a whole new figure when you do.

I agree that the poseables are more like toys and can be fun to play with. I collect figures to display mainly, so I buy the statue ones with a set pose. They do often come with alternate pose parts so there is a little bit of flexibility, but I love the dynamic look of a high quality figure. they can be absolutely beautiful. Momohime is a great example. One of the gems of my collection. Also fully in love with the Senjougahara figure with all the stationery from her skirt.

Cleaned off my "collection" and decided to take some pics (albeit shitty Iphone pics but pic nonetheless).

First off is Play-Arts Cloud from Advent Children. It was the first figure I bought...looks cool but data sword is too heavy for him lol.
Qzcjj.jpg

Figma Saber Alter. I had no clue who she was at the tie. Thought she looked cool. Sword is broken tho.
8Yqmhh.jpg

Overman King Gainer? Also though he looked cool plus he was cheap..still don't know where he's from.
TYUEwh.jpg

Figma Ed Elric. I love FMA and he was on sale at the time. Not too fun to pose due to that coat.
6xbDrh.jpg

No Clue. Thought she looked cool. Also a pain to pose due to the coat (so basically don't buy figmas/revoltechs with coats)
Ihw5qh.jpg

Noel Vermillion Nendo. I think I got it with a special edition of BlazBlue. I do know that they are crazy expensive tho.
i5yaLh.jpg

Black Rock Shooter Strength. I saw the OVA (wtf even happened?) but this figure looked cool. Like Cloud's sword her hands to too heavy to hold up and the other stand stick for her other hand broke...soooooo.
cMrVxh.jpg

Karen Argaragi(sp). Got this recently. Fun to pose and stuff. Some nice details here.
MCXBvh.jpg

Aegis Chokogin. Awesome figure probably my favorite. Quality stuff. Too bad Chokogins stuff also come with a price tag that says "yeah we quality over here".
XnRL3h.jpg

Figma Drossel. Just got it. Probably the best Figma I have. It doesn't feel like it would get lose joints, like some of my others (Strength mainly).
8vBcYh.jpg

I've begun to run out of space but outside of Figma Labrys, I might be done for a while lol. ....maybe....ok...probably not.
qfs

cajunator

Banned
Cleaned off my "collection" and decided to take some pics (albeit shitty Iphone pics but pic nonetheless).

First off is Play-Arts Cloud from Advent Children. It was the first figure I bought...looks cool but data sword is too heavy for him lol.

Figma Saber Alter. I had no clue who she was at the tie. Thought she looked cool. Sword is broken tho.

Overman King Gainer? Also though he looked cool plus he was cheap..still don't know where he's from.

Figma Ed Elric. I love FMA and he was on sale at the time. Not too fun to pose due to that coat.

No Clue. Thought she looked cool. Also a pain to pose due to the coat (so basically don't buy figmas/revoltechs with coats)

Noel Vermillion Nendo. I think I got it with a special edition of BlazBlue. I do know that they are crazy expensive tho.

Black Rock Shooter Strength. I saw the OVA (wtf even happened?) but this figure looked cool. Like Cloud's sword her hands to too heavy to hold up and the other stand stick for her other hand broke...soooooo.

Karen Argaragi(sp). Got this recently. Fun to pose and stuff. Some nice details here.

Aegis Chokogin. Awesome figure probably my favorite. Quality stuff. Too bad Chokogins stuff also come with a price tag that says "yeah we quality over here".

Figma Drossel. Just got it. Probably the best Figma I have. It doesn't feel like it would get lose joints, like some of my others (Strength mainly).

I've begun to run out of space but outside of Figma Labrys, I might be done for a while lol. ....maybe....ok...probably not.

You're never done. Trust me on that.
You might quit for a while but you will return to it. Its so addictive collecting these things.

Knux-Future be careful with that Karen heard from a few different people that the clothes tear easily.
haven't gotten mine yet so im not sure though.
Do any of them come packed with boulder smashing action?
varies
have this ugly one on one shelf
and these shrimps on another
palre3chris7.jpg

Hot Toys STARS and the NECA 10th Anniversary are my favorites.

I think I have 1-2 myself, just the OG one from when RE2 came out (I'm forgetting the brand off the top of my head) and the NECA one from REMake.

But yah, I have a crapload of Roy Mustang figures myself.
Toy Biz, still have mine as well.

It's a personal preference, but I tend to avoid posable figures, such as the Play arts stuff, mainly because I hate the exposed joints. I know a few of the MGS ones avoid this issue, in the same was Samus does with Figma.
Does not compute.

Does not compute.

For the record, the Revoltech figs I have are -

Danboard
Yotsuba
Walle
Anubis
Alucard
Yoko
Rei

Rei and Yoko would be the reason why I don't get Revoltech figures.

I only got Alucard as there are NO OTHER FIGURES :(

The rest are exceptions to the rule (even Yotsuba, because she's a very unique revoltech figure)

I avoid figmas and other poseables for that reason. Do not like the joint look. Even if it is well done. I make occasional exceptions, such as a small Saber figure I picked up years ago as well as a Kuroyukihime figma that is coming out next month. because, well, ITS REALLY CUTE.

Oh, and I joined the club Red_Taiyaki

I can see that, and that's why I've been moving away from figmas. Probably just nendos and PVC's from here on out.

I got the Blue Monster Hunter Revoltech, revoltech seems the better of posable figures, when I was at Hong Kong, early November =D, not my pic but you get the idea:
And I've preordered the Naked Jehuty at amiami:
Oh and I was lucky as hell to find this new at Hong Kong for $290 HKD, around $38 USD; was so happy =D, I mean looking at eBay prices sheesh =/

Question to those who also buy from eBay should I avoid buying figures from sellers located at China, i.e. had any bad experiences?
I'm hoping to complete my One Piece New World Figuarts Zero crew and untill I get a reply on whether their figures are in boxes from a Hong kong seller.

I'm bracing myself as a back up I wanna know if the sellers that write Chinese version should be avoided as it seems super fishy to me.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/One-Piece-After-2-Years-New-World-Franky-1-7-PVC-Figure-/251205908759?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7d09f917

cajunator

Banned
I got the Blue Monster Hunter Revoltech, revoltech seems the better of posable figures, when I was at Hong Kong, early November =D, not my pic but you get the idea:

And I've preordered the Naked Jehuty at amiami:

Oh and I was lucky as hell to find this new at Hong Kong for $290 HKD, around $38 USD; was so happy =D, I mean looking at eBay prices sheesh =/

Question to those who also buy from eBay should I avoid buying figures from sellers located at China, i.e. had any bad experiences?
I'm hoping to complete my One Piece New World Figuarts Zero crew and untill I get a reply on whether their figures are in boxes from a Hong kong seller.

I'm bracing myself as a back up I wanna know if the sellers that write Chinese version should be avoided as it seems super fishy to me.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/One-Piece-After-2-Years-New-World-Franky-1-7-PVC-Figure-/251205908759?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7d09f917

Word of advice. If its really cheap and from hong Kong or China, stay the hell away from it. On Ebay if its legit, you're probably not going to get a good deal. that's why I knew my Saber Lily was authentic right away. It was outrageously expensive. Even the Chinese knockoffs go for over a hundred so it bumped the real thing to over $250

Word of advice. If its really cheap and from hong Kong or China, stay the hell away from it. On Ebay if its legit, you're probably not going to get a good deal. that's why I knew my Saber Lily was authentic right away. It was outrageously expensive. Even the Chinese knockoffs go for over a hundred so it bumped the real thing to over $250

Hmmm thank you, I expected so was hoping to not spend crazy money to get the other 7 I needed XD, damn my lack of luggage space when I was at Hong Kong lol.

cajunator

Banned
Hmmm thank you, I expected so was hoping to not spend crazy money to get the other 7 I needed XD, damn my lack of luggage space when I was at Hong Kong lol.

I have ordered authentic stuff from Hong Kong sellers before, like a Millhiore F biscotti figure, but I try not to if I have other options.

I have ordered authentic stuff from Hong Kong sellers before, like a Millhiore F biscotti figure, but I try not to if I have other options.

Same, I've ordered from Hong Kong and Japanese sellers before, not China ones XD, but yeah the price seemed too cheap and the negative feedback calling some items as knockoffs/bootlegs just made me vary wary.
I think I'm gonna abandon the collection for now lol and stick with amiami preorders, lol I've preorder things yet to buy so no experience with them lol XD

Same, I've ordered from Hong Kong and Japanese sellers before, not China ones XD, but yeah the price seemed too cheap and the negative feedback calling some items as knockoffs/bootlegs just made me vary wary.
I think I'm gonna abandon the collection for now lol and stick with amiami preorders, lol I've preorder things yet to buy so no experience with them lol XD

I've ordered from AmiAmi before. They're a good, solid service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom