• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
remember to factor in shipping if you over things from overseas.

From what I've heard shipping is about 15-20 bucks for figures for register sal. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah the EMS shipping for my Ultimate Madoka figure was pretty expensive.

What's the recommended delivery option if I don't mind waiting 2 weeks or so? So far all my preorders are SAL Small Packet (Registered); $15-20 should be okay for me I guess since that's £9-12.50 or so at current rates.

Anyone know any American sites that have Figma besides BBTS.
or if its possible to use money from a prepaid card on paypal and use it on Mandarake or Amiami?

I got about $250 in prepaid card for Christmas.

edit: Painted Figma Asuna
5PIIA.jpg

Having never used Mandarake before, the prices on here are fuckin' pretty great.

If it wasn't the constant reassurances in this thread, I'd assume it was peppered with fakes.

Gonna probably jump on something from here in a moment.

johnsmith

remember me
or if its possible to use money from a prepaid card on paypal and use it on Mandarake or Amiami?

Both sites accept paypal, it's how I pay for all my purchases. I don't see why a prepaid paypal card wouldn't work, as long as it's tied to a regular paypal account.

Some of my mandarake purchases:

Lisa Silverman - Freeing
hF6Tc.jpg

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1101602.html
Sub total: 5,000 yen
Shipping Fee: 1,280 yen

Mitsuru Kirijo - Kotobukiya
1EpE1.jpg

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-608744.html
[Shop Item No.:fko-fg1423]コトブキヤ:P3:桐条美鶴
4,000 yen x 1
Lineage 2 Elf - Orchid Seed
aa82q.jpg

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-968568.html
[Shop Item No.:fko-fg1967]オーキッドシード:リネージュⅡ エルフ 通常版※未開封 箱小イタミ
5,000 yen x 1
Sub total: 9,000 yen
Shipping Fee: 4,700 yen
I hate paying for EMS so much.

Alisa Amiella - Plum
29reU.jpg

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1008542.html
Shipping Fee: 1,580 yen

Both sites accept paypal, it's how I pay for all my purchases. I don't see why a prepaid paypal card wouldn't work, as long as it's tied to a regular paypal account.
I mean its just a standard prepaid visa that I have linked to my paypal.
probably just wait until I get paid next Saturday.

LuCkymoON

Banned

I use www.hobbyfan.com the owner is very friendly and will personally contact you if there are any problems. The shipping is reasonable and fast, the loyalty discount keeps me coming back. I'm sure I've spent around $3k with this store and only have ever had one order canceled due to distributor error.

johnsmith

remember me
Thanks to johnsmith's mandarake links, I have Japanese text for Persona figures I can search for on that site. :D

http://myfigurecollection.net/ will have the Japanese name of the character, series, and the company who produces it, so you can find any figure easily that way. Though some company names are sometimes listed by their English name, so sometimes you have to try different combinations out.

Jesus Tittyfucking Christ on a pogo stick.

Maybe they'll be shipped out in time for 2034, considering the rate Rex is going at. (And we haven't heard hide nor hair re: Ray since that initial reveal, have we?)

NEO0MJ

Maybe they'll be shipped out in time for 2034, considering the rate Rex is going at. (And we haven't heard hide nor hair re: Ray since that initial reveal, have we?)

Nope, and probably for the best. It would be pretty stupid of them to hype up the next Metal Gear when they still haven't shipped out Rex.

Nope, and probably for the best. It would be pretty stupid of them to hype up the next Metal Gear when they still haven't shipped out Rex.

I'm hoping that at this point, the delay is because they are sourcing real mini-nukes that can be actually launched from the now completely functional rail-gun.

Totally missed the scan, only saw the original prototype reveal way back. Neato.

Gonna wait for my Rex to show before I get excited about anything else though.

On an unrelated note, starting to browse Mandarake. Already bought some shit.

You people are a terrible influence.

Torraz

yea, gonna take a while. i literally own hundreds and hundreds of figures from years of collecting. might just start with my Hot Toys stuff to ease myself into it.

i usually post my stuff in pick-ups but here's soem figures i got recently.

May I ask where you purchased that Hibari figure?

---

Hooray, my second figure, Milla Maxwell by Alter arrived today.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
How much did that 3A Rex run you guys? I've been eyeing the Twin Tower Five Star Story resin kit, but I can't fathom $800 for a model kit of sorts. :/

Acid08

Banned

Some of my mandarake purchases:

Lisa Silverman - Freeing
hF6Tc.jpg

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1101602.html
Shipping Fee: 1,280 yen

Mitsuru Kirijo - Kotobukiya
1EpE1.jpg

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-608744.html
[Shop Item No.:fko-fg1423]コトブキヤ:P3:桐条美鶴
4,000 yen x 1
So jealous.

bkw

Whoa, those Portal 2 figures look awesome... do want... and I haven't even played the game to know if those characters are cool or not.

LiK

Figma Ranma
Please don't be a custom.

Edit: ugh, custom.

Ranma figs are hard to come by. i have the trading figs that were released a few years ago. shame they haven't made any new figures for such a classic show.

May I ask where you purchased that Hibari figure?

---

Hooray, my second figure, Milla Maxwell by Alter arrived today.

AmiAmi!

Those are lovely. The 1/6 scale Halo Reach Carter is always absent from these shows though. :(

3A_Halo_CommanderCarter_Ad_online2.jpg

not sure why they chose Carter. he's not that popular compared to the rest of the team. hope they do Master Chief or one of the other Reach members.

i did it. I bit the bullet and I don't know why I did it but I did it.

So I have zero figures and now I'm getting/pre-ordering

Christie (koto)
Alisa (SDCC koto)
Kurisu (koto)
Sigrid (japan embrace)
Mai (alpha max)

And I still want Xiaoyu (koto) when it comes out. What have I done!?

good thing that it slows down after this (I hope) since I pretty much only want Fighting game related figures unless they look amazing and are under 100usd before shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom