• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

What's the approximate time for amiami when doing SAL to the US?

shippinghiuxs.png

According to their website. I have only recently tried it for a nendo that has yet to come here, therefore I can't give you a personal testimony.

cajunator

Banned
i did it. I bit the bullet and I don't know why I did it but I did it.

So I have zero figures and now I'm getting/pre-ordering

Christie (koto)
Alisa (SDCC koto)
Kurisu (koto)
Sigrid (japan embrace)
Mai (alpha max)

And I still want Xiaoyu (koto) when it comes out. What have I done!?

good thing that it slows down after this (I hope) since I pretty much only want Fighting game related figures unless they look amazing and are under 100usd before shipping.

Its too late for you.
Youve been bitten.
Say goodbye to vast amounts of money.

dankir

For anybody wondering how freaking huge the Hot Toys Iron Monger is, here's a few comparison pics. Cell phone quality so they aren't that hot.

Original Tumbler box with a regular 1/6 hot toys figure box.
IMG_20121229_1552061_zpsb9190f9c.jpg

Compared against Original Dark Knight Hot toys figure and Dark Knight Rises Batpod, almost double the size of a regular figure.
IMG_20121229_155739_zps0c4168ba.jpg

Against the original tumbler
IMG_20121229_161127_zps031f1e02.jpg

If you guys can pick him up, he's freaking glorious. The detail, the size, the scale one of my favorite HT figures ever.

I just opened my Hot Toys Iron Monger last night and it truly is glorious. Although Hot Toys' cheap glue shines again. One of the pistons that connects from the backside of the upper right arm to his back came detached out of the box and one of the missiles from the left arm was also detached.

cajunator

Banned
NOPE! only fighting game figures or figures from series I really like (Steins;Gate is my personal best anime I have ever seen). Bayonetta is too fucking expensive and that ear.

Steins;Gate is indeed amazing. I was hooked on that show from start to finish.
I really want Makise and Mayuri figures now.
Maybe Faris too.

SUPARSTARX

For anybody wondering how freaking huge the Hot Toys Iron Monger is, here's a few comparison pics. Cell phone quality so they aren't that hot.

[]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/DANKIR/IMG_20121229_1552061_zpsb9190f9c.jpg[/IMG]

Compared against Original Dark Knight Hot toys figure and Dark Knight Rises Batpod, almost double the size of a regular figure.
[]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/DANKIR/IMG_20121229_155739_zps0c4168ba.jpg[/IMG]

Against the original tumbler
[]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/DANKIR/IMG_20121229_161127_zps031f1e02.jpg[/IMG]

If you guys can pick him up, he's freaking glorious. The detail, the size, the scale one of my favorite HT figures ever.
Godlike!!

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2

IMG_20121229_1552061_zpsb9190f9c.jpg

Holy shit, for a second I thought the Jim Gordon box was a bootleg DVD case. That is a gargantuan figure.

Busaiku

Will AmiAmi let me change my shipping for a pre-order?
It's incredibly stupid that I can't cancel an order, but I guess I should have read it before shopping there.

Giolon

It's incredibly stupid that I can't cancel an order, but I guess I should have read it before shopping there.

Pretty much all of the internet figure shops have a no cancelations policy on paper, but they will generally let you if its far enough in advance and you don't have a long history of cancelations.

As for changing your shipping, yes you can. Just log into your account and there's a link to change your shipping. You can even change your shipping all the way up until the moment you pay for your item once it's released.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu

I think you can change the shipping when you're order is about to be paid for. Agreed on the cancellation part.

How much did that 3A Rex run you guys?

Almost $500.

Looking at that 2nd to last pic, it looks too small -- didn't Stane fit completely inside the torso in the film?

Ken

I was able to get AmiAmi to cancel an order once after contacting them through email, but I've ordered a lot from them previously before so hum.

fmpanda

I use www.hobbyfan.com the owner is very friendly and will personally contact you if there are any problems. The shipping is reasonable and fast, the loyalty discount keeps me coming back. I'm sure I've spent around $3k with this store and only have ever had one order canceled due to distributor error.

Thank you for showing me this, finally was able to get a pre-order in on the statue for Asuna.

Torraz

Ranma figs are hard to come by. i have the trading figs that were released a few years ago. shame they haven't made any new figures for such a classic show.

AmiAmi!

not sure why they chose Carter. he's not that popular compared to the rest of the team. hope they do Master Chief or one of the other Reach members.

Sorry, follow up question. Where do you live? Japan?

Cause the Hibari and Ikaruga figures said something like "for sale in Japan", and I live outside of Japan but would really like the Ikaruga figure.

Seems like everyone's Milla Maxwell is arriving except mine. Did you do SAL registered?

I used EMS because I wanted it to arrive before the end of the holidays.

Cause the Hibari and Ikaruga figures said something like "for sale in Japan", and I live outside of Japan but would really like the Ikaruga figure.

If this is about Amiami having that in the sidebar, I have no idea what they're referring to.

Regardless, they will ship to you just fine. I have ordered a tonne with that designation.

is anyone buying d-arts mewtwo?

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-IPN-05346

is this the first in a series or are there more d-arts pokemon? mewtwo would not have been my first choice, but it looks cool. if this is the first in a series: why did they choose mewtwo??? wouldn't pikachu be better?

Too many Pikachu figures XD; seriously just too much, if you look at amiami there are Pokemon evolution lineup figures and I'm not kidding each one has a Pikachu along with the evolution lines. The only exception is Charmander evolution sets.

is this the first in a series or are there more d-arts pokemon? mewtwo would not have been my first choice, but it looks cool. if this is the first in a series: why did they choose mewtwo??? wouldn't pikachu be better?

mewtwo is humanoid though, making the poseable aspect possible. pikachu is like potato shaped with stubbly arms an legs. How much would you even be able to pose a pikachu figure? probably why they went with mewtwo

sky

I wonder how long until they'll just sell us the 3d model files, and we print these kind of things at home.

I think it looks cool, but I wasn't sure I needed it. Preordered it just to be safe. If their Megaman X line is any indication, D-Arts figures seem to be aimed at slightly older crowd, the same kind of people that probably grew up with Pokemon Red/Blue/Green and Mewtwo Strikes Back/Pokemon the First Movie. To those people, and myself, Mewtwo was the ultimate badass. Bring on the Armored version!

armored-mewtwo.jpg

I think it looks cool, but I wasn't sure I needed it. Preordered it just to be safe. If their Megaman X line is any indication, D-Arts figures seem to be aimed at slightly older crowd, the same kind of people that probably grew up with Pokemon Red/Blue/Green and Mewtwo Strikes Back/Pokemon the First Movie. To those people, and myself, Mewtwo was the ultimate badass. Bring on the Armored version!

armored-mewtwo.jpg

Hi five!

Gimme Lugia, and I'll be happy

*preordered Mewtwo as well

RichieS99

Banned
3Sqbb.jpg

Apologies to Futurevoid for stealing his pic but I am a lazy bastard and dont want to go through all the pages looking for pics again.

Does anyone know the site I can go on to get these types of movie figures. I am not a fan of Ebay.

vareon

Yes, this is thd first Pokemon D-arts. Charizard is already open for preorder, and we have seen prototypes of Bulbasaur and Blastoise, though Bandai is known for making prototypes for shows and not selling them.

johnsmith

remember me
black widow figure going for 32 on amazon. Its too cheap not to say nooooo Fml. Free super saving shipping

That's really cheap, but I don't like that figure at all. They need to stop using that sculptor. His faces are awful. He did the Men in Black and Ghostbusters bishoujo, X-23, Harley Quinn, and Supergirl. Supergirl is ok, but they are all the bottom tier of Bishoujo figures for me. I also need to stop buying stuff just because its cheap. Bought the Invisible Woman bishoujo just bc it was 35.99, and I regret it.

At least I'll be able to recreate this pic
ibni3l39e1kXQy.jpg

black widow figure going for 32 on amazon. Its too cheap not to say nooooo Fml. Free super saving shipping

kasumi also for 3000 yen on mandarake. Thinking about it but.... shipping might be a bitch. Would probably end up being around 5000yen total

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-479931.html

Wait this isn't the same as the SDCC exclusive is it? Because they clearly both look remarkably similar....and yes, I know they're both Kotob. :p

That's really cheap, but I don't like that figure at all. They need to stop using that sculptor. His faces are awful. He did the Men in Black and Ghostbusters bishoujo, X-23, Harley Quinn, and Supergirl. Supergirl is ok, but they are all the bottom tier of Bishoujo figures for me. I also need to stop buying stuff just because its cheap. Bought the Invisible Woman bishoujo just bc it was 35.99, and I regret it.

At least I'll be able to recreate this pic

was debating invis woman but decided not to since the face bother me. I was fine with bwidow

i did it. I bit the bullet and I don't know why I did it but I did it.

So I have zero figures and now I'm getting/pre-ordering

Christie (koto)
Alisa (SDCC koto)
Kurisu (koto)
Sigrid (japan embrace)
Mai (alpha max)

And I still want Xiaoyu (koto) when it comes out. What have I done!?

good thing that it slows down after this (I hope) since I pretty much only want Fighting game related figures unless they look amazing and are under 100usd before shipping.

Thats how it started for me too. But then I started seeing more and more figures that I liked and so I read and watched the respective manga and anime that the characters came from and opened up a can of worms. Now my collection consists mostly of anime/manga as opposed to videogame and fighting game characters.

And for some of the newer folks to the thread heres my MFC page. Feel free to add me if you'd like.

http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/devastator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom