• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow780

You guys know whatever happened to Sephiroth Masterpiece Arts?

NZ1qq.jpg

I think I still have a pre-order but they kept changing the release date for almost 3 years now lol.

EYEL1NER

*snip*

I think I still have a pre-order but they kept changing the release date for almost 3 years now lol.

I don't know but it sure looks good.
I really want the 1/4 Cloud that is being sold in the B/S/T thread, but the poster didn't list a price and I shudder to think of what would constitute a reasonable offer. I can't pony up that kind of cash, but I am looking at the Cloud tattoo on my calf and he is whispering to me "Do it."
Seeing that Sephiroth has got me avoiding looking at my other calf, lol.

Shadow780

Yeah the craftsmanship on Cloud is really great, I'm surprised they didn't make more of those for different characters.

I just want a Tifa one, obviously

EYEL1NER

Yeah the craftsmanship on Cloud is really great, I'm surprised they didn't make more of those for different characters.

I just want a Tifa one, obviously

Well thank god there isn't one, because then I would want her as well. Thinking about getting a tat of her as well. I've still got the inner calves looking pretty bare; there is certainly enough room for her and Vincent down there.

I hate that the 3000 yen Max Factory Kasumi got posted on the last page. I rarely visit Mandarake, so I would have never seen it and been tempted by it. I've been wanting that for a while (would much rather have her blue P1 costume though).

kiryogi

Banned
Well thank god there isn't one, because then I would want her as well. Thinking about getting a tat of her as well. I've still got the inner calves looking pretty bare; there is certainly enough room for her and Vincent down there.

I hate that the 3000 yen Max Factory Kasumi got posted on the last page. I rarely visit Mandarake, so I would have never seen it and been tempted by it. I've been wanting that for a while (would much rather have her blue P1 costume though).

I have the P1 :D

Get to pick up my Akarin and Hakase nendos from the post office today...but due to all the new year's stuff happening I won't have time to unbox them until tomorrow :(.

SUPARSTARX

NZ1qq.jpg

Wasn't this already released? I've seen some huge boxed Sephiroth and Cloud Strife scaled statues somewhere. I think they were 1/4 scaled too.

Light was shining in my room at a good angle so I decided to snap a pic of my Play Arts Shepard's face. Say what you want about the sculpt itself, but they don't all have that overshadowed zombie look, especially under natural lighting conditions. Compare to this. Armor and gun paint and sculpt are still top notch. Still much better than the comptetition. Except for the Sideshow Premium Format Shepard, but I hate that pose and it's $350.

J6ZFq.jpg

Light was shining in my room at a good angle so I decided to snap a pic of my Play Arts Shepard's face. Say what you want about the sculpt itself, but they don't all have that overshadowed zombie look, especially under natural lighting conditions. Compare to this. Armor and gun paint and sculpt are still top notch. Still much better than the comptetition. Except for the Sideshow Premium Format Shepard, but I hate that pose and it's $350.

I'm sorry, but...there's no way to sugarcoat that. Play Arts Shepard is easily one of the most inexplicably awful face sculpts/paint jobs of all time. I have no idea how they could have ok'ed such a product for release. It's a $5.99-value head on a premium body.

jdl

Banned
I'm sorry, but...there's no way to sugarcoat that. Play Arts Shepard is easily one of the most inexplicably awful face sculpts/paint jobs of all time. I have no idea how they could have ok'ed such a product for release. It's a $5.99-value head on a premium body.

They're having blindfolded competitions at the factory.

I never said it was great, but at least the skin tone on mine is the same color as the neck piece without the awful zombie shading. I can't say the same for the one in the Tomopop picture that everyone loves to link to. And "of all time?" Really? You're going to bust that one out? Okay buddy. Regardless of the mediocre headsculpt it's still the best Shepard figure on the market save for a $350 unposable statue. As a Mass Effect fan that loves me some toys, I'm quite happy with it.

This thread is quickly turning into a circle jerk of elitists and their moe anime girls. If not for the convenient heads up on D-Arts/Nintendo Figma preorders being open I'd have already unsubscribed.

Even though I posted that pic I still plan on getting Play Arts Catwoman and The Dark Knight Batman lol. I collect everything from cheapy stuff like Marvel Legends and Neca Predators to a couple of high enc Hot Toys stuff. I think there's room for a lil of everything in here

Even though I posted that pic I still plan on getting Play Arts Catwoman and The Dark Knight Batman lol. I collect everything from cheapy stuff like Marvel Legends and Neca Predators to a couple of high enc Hot Toys stuff. I think there's room for a lil of everything in here

Same here.

J6ZFq.jpg

I actually like the koto one. Never been a big fan of SE Play Arts other than Gabranth. Probably cuz we don't have to see his face...

edit: Happy New Year all! May we all get some awesome figures this year :).

Ken

Light was shining in my room at a good angle so I decided to snap a pic of my Play Arts Shepard's face. Say what you want about the sculpt itself, but they don't all have that overshadowed zombie look, especially under natural lighting conditions.

Iron Man's in the back going "who let this guy in here."

Love the Hakase Nendo. It's one of my new favorites. I really regret not getting the Nano figure now. :(

It would have been great to set up the table and both figures.

Hero

Whatever happened to those Avengers Figma that they announced over the summer? Haven't been able to find anything on them. Do they typically announce things in that much of an advance?

cajunator

Banned
Quick unboxing and iPhone 4S pic of the Akarin and Hakase nendos:

Thats adorable!

I wish EMS site was better updated so I could keep track of my shipments once they leave Chicago. NOt sure how to track them past that point because it pretty much just tells you when it gets to the US and thats it.
Ultimate Madoka is apparently a pretty large box and I hope it doesnt get damaged.

Whatever happened to those Avengers Figma that they announced over the summer? Haven't been able to find anything on them. Do they typically announce things in that much of an advance?

Not sure about those but I do know there have been occasions were it was about a year from the prototype shown to actual release.

Ronok

I don't know but it sure looks good.
I really want the 1/4 Cloud that is being sold in the B/S/T thread, but the poster didn't list a price and I shudder to think of what would constitute a reasonable offer. I can't pony up that kind of cash, but I am looking at the Cloud tattoo on my calf and he is whispering to me "Do it."
Seeing that Sephiroth has got me avoiding looking at my other calf, lol.

That would be my Cloud. =D It is pretty expensive, but honestly I don't want to set a definite price, I'd rather reach a price both parties consider fair, that's why I asked for offers. If you really wanted me to set one I'd do that through pm though.

For the record, it really is in awesome condition.

For the record I also pre-ordered that Sephiroth, I don't know if that order still stands or if it will ever come out though. lol

Kotobukiya Charlotte Dunois Bunny Ver.

Since it's Koto, you should be able to get it for a good price :D Got mine from Anime Island, who undervalued it on the box so I avoided customs. They rule :)

Since it's Koto, I'm guessing that it's printed netting right? I'd be amazed if they actually used real leggings....

But ya, glad to know Anime Island is a good/solid company. I pre-ordered my GSC Tenshi from them last week but hadn't heard of them until I signed up for MFC.

LiK

Since it's Koto, I'm guessing that it's printed netting right? I'd be amazed if they actually used real leggings....

But ya, glad to know Anime Island is a good/solid company. I pre-ordered my GSC Tenshi from them last week but hadn't heard of them until I signed up for MFC.

looks like real leggings from the pic.

Can you not tell it is actual netting from my leg pic ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom