• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giolon

Hey guys, about to order some stuff from amiami. First time ordering from the site or even from Japan. Whats the best type of shipping? EMS or Sal? I know this question has been posted a few times but I cant seem to find it. and how long does it normally take for a shipment to eastern side of the US?

Thanks!

btw the figure is http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-0101
and Labrys, Aigis and Saber when they are release next month :)
EMS is most expensive, usually about $30-$40 for the average figure I buy, and it is something like a 3-4 shipping time. SAL Registered usually costs about $20, and is a 7-30 day shipping time (majority of the time, I get my stuff in less than two weeks, but every now and then it ends up dragging on to the upper end, like my Tali Play Arts Kai recently).
SAL (not registered) usually costs about $15 with the same shipping time as SAL Registered, but there's no tracking for it.

EMS is most expensive, usually about $30-$40 for the average figure I buy, and it is something like a 3-4 shipping time. SAL Registered usually costs about $20, and is a 7-30 day shipping time (majority of the time, I get my stuff in less than two weeks, but every now and then it ends up dragging on to the upper end, like my Tali Play Arts Kai recently).
SAL (not registered) usually costs about $15 with the same shipping time as SAL Registered, but there's no tracking for it.

Gotcha I would assume EMS be the most fastest due to the price alone. So SAL reg is the best way to then?

johnsmith

remember me
Gotcha I would assume EMS be the most fastest due to the price alone. So SAL reg is the best way to then?

No, sal registered takes just as long as unregistered, it just gives you a useless tracking # and some insurance. It's like buying an extended warranty, you're paying extra for something that's most likely not going to help you.

You have to decide the right shipping method yourself. Do you want it faster, or do you want it cheaper?

Giolon

No, sal registered takes just as long as unregistered, it just gives you a useless tracking # and some insurance. It's like buying an extended warranty, you're paying extra for something that's most likely not going to help you.

You have to decide the right shipping method yourself. Do you want it fast, or do you want it cheap?

I can't stand not being able to know where my package is, and I have had it go missing before and had to call the USPS and ask them what's up for them to find it. I find the extra couple bucks SAL Registered costs over SAL Unregistered worth the peace of mind - especially for expensive figures or things that are sold out.

I can't stand not being able to know where my package is, and I have had it go missing before and had to call the USPS and ask them what's up for them to find it. I find the extra couple bucks SAL Registered costs over SAL Unregistered worth the peace of mind - especially for expensive figures or things that are sold out.
yeah I agree with you there,I would rather have the peace of mind as well.

SUPARSTARX

If EMS is substantially more expensive for whatever bulk of items I am ordering I usually get registered mail for tracking. The stuff usually takes 2-3 weeks to get here and for the most part it updates good enough for me to see the items leave the country and reach NY customs here.

jdl

Banned
SAL registered tracking sucks once the shipment leaves Japan, for me at least. There will be daily updates while its still in Japan, then nothing for like 3 weeks, then BAM delivered. Nothing in-between but the tracking number gives me peace of mind. I start to refresh the tracking page every hour after a while so I might just go with EMS from now on.

hayejin

SAL registered tracking sucks once the shipment leaves Japan, for me at least. There will be daily updates while its still in Japan, then nothing for like 3 weeks, then BAM delivered. Nothing in-between but the tracking number gives me peace of mind. I start to refresh the tracking page every hour after a while so I might just go with EMS from now on.

You can use USPS tracking site to track ems and sal tracking. Gives you better info after it leaves Japan.

You can use USPS tracking site to track ems and sal tracking. Gives you better info after it leaves Japan.

Well actually, I am referring to the USPS tracking. I'm northeast, Philly suburb, and the SAL Registered tracking has done this for me all 4 times I have used it. Not the case with you? Still only takes 2-3 weeks though, which is within the estimate. I've never tried EMS, not yet anyway

Fantomex

Finally snagged him guys! For $25! I don't know if I want to take him out of the package. Was debating ordering the play arts version for rising in February but just really love the detail on this one.

1FBHB3k.jpg

Fantomex

I think it might be worth more to me to play with it :) I tend to not have the cash flow to buy another one anyway. All my figures are open for the most part now that I think about it :)

AMUSIX

So today I learned that the workers I had in the house yesterday broke my Premium Format She-Hulk....this one:
7179_press01-001.jpg

Not a big break, but the long tendril of hair is snapped, the bangs and fist are scuffed/dented/scratched, and the belt and pants are pulled (that was because they left it on the floor and the dog checked it out).

Would I be out of line telling my contractor that he gets to track a new one down?

LiK

So today I learned that the workers I had in the house yesterday broke my Premium Format She-Hulk....this one:
7179_press01-001.jpg

Not a big break, but the long tendril of hair is snapped, the bangs and fist are scuffed/dented/scratched, and the belt and pants are pulled (that was because they left it on the floor and the dog checked it out).

Would I be out of line telling my contractor that he gets to track a new one down?

can you get them to reimburse you for the price of the figure at least?

AMUSIX

can you get them to reimburse you for the price of the figure at least?

Problem is that its the figure I want, not the money. But the figure is sold out, so finding it means inflated prices. Do I have him reimburse me list price? Or the price it goes for now?

LiK

Problem is that its the figure I want, not the money. But the figure is sold out, so finding it means inflated prices. Do I have him reimburse me list price? Or the price it goes for now?

i dunno, never had people from outside break my stuff so i have no experience with this. but i would assume the list price is probably what they will pay cuz i assume they will want proof that it's worth that much. but i guess you could try getting to give you more than that since it's rare.

sucks to hear that happened. i would be furious if someone broke something like that in my collection.

johnsmith

remember me
7179_press01-001.jpg

That really sucks. I don't normally like western figures, but that's a damn nice looking statue.

XOF

Neo Member
Finally snagged him guys! For $25! I don't know if I want to take him out of the package. Was debating ordering the play arts version for rising in February but just really love the detail on this one.

1FBHB3k.jpg

$25?! Score! I'd love to get the full set one day, just so I could build RAY.

Don't open it unless you get a second one.

Pretty sure I still see them boxed for around $40 each, so they're not worth a heck of a lot. Open the crap out of it, dude! I'm not a huge fan on keeping my Metal Gear figures MOC.

got him a temporary location so i can just stare at it

39B71E5A-7C3F-4173-AF6C-CD450DD9B2E4-5829-000004735FB1D7B1.jpg

That is a thing of absolute beauty. So jealous.

Should have Hot Toys bat pod here this week! Stuck a flexpay on tumbler too, spread it out though, in no rush, need time to find/build a display for them both :p

Chamai

Banned

1FBHB3k.jpg

do you know how much the whole set is worth? i actually have the whole set still in the package. i bought it more than 10 years ago and i still really want to open it. if the price is right, i will consider selling it.

IMG_3166_zps6b398209-1_zpsde8c9823.jpg

LuCkymoON

Banned
7179_press01-001.jpg

no it would certainly not be out of line!

Fantomex

do you know how much the whole set is worth? i actually have the whole set still in the package. i bought it more than 10 years ago and i still really want to open it. if the price is right, i will consider selling it.

IMG_3166_zps6b398209-1_zpsde8c9823.jpg

You could probably easily sell the set for $200. $300 if you are willing to wait.

cajunator

Banned
I got my Kuroyukihime Figma in today! (first and only Figma)
She's sooooo adorable!
Please excuse the horrendous cellphone picture for now.
HA35g66.jpg

She's sooooo adorable!
HA35g66.jpg

That actually looks pretty good for a Figma. Kinda makes me want to get one, if it weren't for the fact that I still much prefer non-arctiulated figures....

She's sooooo adorable!

nice!

so what happens if one of the figure companies send you an item that you canceled 2 weeks ago when you spoke to somebody who canceled it on the spot and confirmed it via email? rofl >_>

cajunator

Banned
That actually looks pretty good for a Figma. Kinda makes me want to get one, if it weren't for the fact that I still much prefer non-arctiulated figures....

I agree. Figmas aren't my thing but its KUROYUKIHIME. She's a goddess. I have another figure of her from Kotobukiya ordered too. She's amazing.

nice!

so what happens if koto send you an item that you canceled 2 weeks ago when you spoke to somebody who canceled it on the spot and confirmed it via email? rofl >_>

I have no idea. Never experienced this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom