• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

meijiko

Update for the weekend:

It took us Friday evening and a good chunk of Saturday to get this room cleaned out. Our apartment is kind of half-livable at the moment, but I'll spare you the pictures of our messy living room.

But it got done:
E3Vfn54.jpg

...mostly. Mario stayed because that was one of the safer places for him. Part of the process took us so long because we were transferring the big set of square shelves to our bedroom, which required some rearranging there as well.

After Saturday, we'd completed the bulk of construction on two bookshelves and called it a night.

Here's what it looks like after Sunday:
VKHJtoC.jpg

GV6Nj2h.jpg

We mounted all five of our bookcases to the wall, got shelves put in, and managed three sets of doors before our arms couldn't lift anymore. Our next goal is to get the final two sets of doors put on, and then we move on to constructing four glass cabinets.

Anyone get the 3A REX wanna explain to me how to rotate his "Knee" joint left and right? I've been trying to do what the instructions show, but it's really tight and I'm petrified of breaking him.

The joint that holds his railgun up is already broken... :(

LiK

Update for the weekend:

It took us Friday evening and a good chunk of Saturday to get this room cleaned out. Our apartment is kind of half-livable at the moment, but I'll spare you the pictures of our messy living room.

But it got done:
E3Vfn54.jpg

...mostly. Mario stayed because that was one of the safer places for him. Part of the process took us so long because we were transferring the big set of square shelves to our bedroom, which required some rearranging there as well.

After Saturday, we'd completed the bulk of construction on two bookshelves and called it a night.

VKHJtoC.jpg

GV6Nj2h.jpg

We mounted all five of our bookcases to the wall, got shelves put in, and managed three sets of doors before our arms couldn't lift anymore. Our next goal is to get the final two sets of doors put on, and then we move on to constructing four glass cabinets.

you're my favorite couple

sca2511

Update for the weekend:

But it got done:
img

img

img

Looks great. I'm planning on doing the same to my bookshelf.

Does anyone here know a site that is still offering pre-orders for this?

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de....jp/images/product/main/102//FIG-MOE-1096.jpg

Velvet
Price is higher though. + tax if in CA

It's where I preordered Momohime, didn't want to cancel when amiami had it restocked since there's a 15% fee for cancellations when release is less than a month away.

cajunator

Banned
Update for the weekend:

But it got done:
E3Vfn54.jpg

VKHJtoC.jpg

GV6Nj2h.jpg

Nice!
I ereally just want to know where you got those shelves with the glass doors. Is that all Ikea? We don't have an Ikea here.

meijiko

I'm not sure which looks better, Alter's or Yamato's Gwendolyn... having a hard time deciding for a future purchase.

I've always been a huge fan of Alter's, since to me her dynamic pose gives her a stronger presence despite her smaller scale. And I have a thing for wings. But I admit that Yamato's is quite pretty, and is likely more stable. She's also easier to find room for, since Alter's is so tall.

Anony

meijiko
that room is going to look so classy when it's done

pretty cool that both partners can share a hobby like collecting figurines and video games
i'm just gonna assume that never happens

Sigh.

Rex got here and the fucking ball joint the antenna on the dish is on is snapped right off.

Fan-fucking-tastic. I'll have to go pick up some super glue, and I guess the antenna will never move. Better pick a pose for it I guess.

Edit: You know what, fuck that.. This thing was HALF A GRAND.

They better god damn RMA it.

Giolon

Sigh.

Rex got here and the fucking ball joint the antenna on the dish is on is snapped right off.

Fan-fucking-tastic. I'll have to go pick up some super glue, and I guess the antenna will never move. Better pick a pose for it I guess.

Not likely in my experience. It sucks, but it's life w/ international shipping. :(

I figured this would be a good place to ask, Im looking for a really well build E.D. 209 from Robo cop but Ive been unable to locate one. Would anyone have any suggestions?

Not likely in my experience. It sucks, but it's life w/ international shipping. :(

They can bite me, then. I found a SECOND issue with it too.

The fucking laser on the bottom is gone. I only found out about it because I found the circular grommet it mounts to.

I am unbelievably fucking mad right now.

rikichi

bro id return that shit right away. payed that much for a figure, you best believe i'd get my moneys worth.

call em, email em, do both.

bro id return that shit right away. payed that much for a figure, you best believe i'd get my moneys worth.

call em, email em, do both.

Already done, with photo evidence.

Credit card gives me a year's timeframe to initiate a chargeback. So by my count that gives 3A pretty much 4 and a half weeks to get this shit right before I get my 500 dollars back.

Takuan

Sigh.

Did you order it from 3A? If so, contact their customer service. They have an incredible reputation.

I'm not sure which looks better, Alter's or Yamato's Gwendolyn... having a hard time deciding for a future purchase.
I prefer the Yamato figure. Better details and looks closer in style to the source material.

meijiko

Preorders of that Elin figure are up. It's being released by a company called Arcadia, not Yamato, and this is their first figure. It's really damn expensive too, 11K yen. She's pretty big, 280mm, but i dunno. Also they got rid of the cool base and are using a plain wooden one, but hopefully the base will be better in the final figure.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-7231
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10214310

I like her design, and considered pre-ordering her when I first saw her back at wonfes, but I don't like her price. A lot of my love of the figure is based on how well it's painted, and I don't know if I can trust this new company to do well. Also where is that pretty water base it had?

johnsmith

remember me
Apparently the Chie and Rise Megahouse figures are going to be exclusives. God damn it. So much for getting them cheap from the bargain bin. I was even considering getting 2 Chies for both her outfits if she was as cheap as Yukiko was.

Apparently the Chie and Rise Megahouse figures are going to be exclusives. God damn it. So much for getting them cheap from the bargain bin. I was even considering getting 2 Chies for both her outfits if she was as cheap as Yukiko was.

serious? that sucks

Well I'm hoping for alter to re-release yukiko...I hope.

exclusives to a seller? or..site please? I really wanted to get Rise figure.

Preorders of that Elin figure are up. It's being released by a company called Arcadia, not Yamato, and this is their first figure. It's really damn expensive too, 11K yen. She's pretty big, 280mm, but i dunno. Also they got rid of the cool base and are using a plain wooden one, but hopefully the base will be better in the final figure.

Really wanted this but that new wooden base is seriously killing it for me.

How did you get the cardboard to stick onto his head, mine keeps falling off?

Hrm, hard to describe but the TV tube projecting from the back of his head goes right through the hole in the cardboard box. Once on it's pretty secure, I can't imagine it coming off unless I try to remove it.

Oh god, is there a Mecha Frieza version of that?

Tamashii hasn't announced anything. I think they'll get through the other normal characters before they start making one offs like that (Mecha Frieza was in 2 episodes?). It'll probably end up being a Tamashii Web-Exclusive if anything.

NEO0MJ

Sigh.

dude, that sucks. Hope it works out well for you, brah.

LiK

jbtrTeiUeAVEmP.jpg

so expensive but around the same price as Hobbyfan's prepainted bootlegs. i'm on the fence.

ah fuck it, gonna preorder it from HobbySearch cuz it's the cheapest there. cancellations is a lil easier with them too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom