• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Zelda premium figure sculpts; First 4 Figure prototypes: Edit:
Those are Unbox Industries Toys new prototypes for a line of Zelda figures they are doing. http://www.unboxindustries.info/home/
They are also doing some Star Wars Figures and they had a prototype for Bub and Bob plush from Bubble Bobble. Great guys to work with and they had some really good stuff at Toyfair.
http://videogamemm.com/main/content/new-zelda-premium-figure-sculpts-seen-london-toy-fair
lozsslink1.jpg

lozsslink2.jpg

lozganondorf.jpg

lozsspirate.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
Speaking of Persona figures, if anybody wants Kotobukiya's Akihiko, I just bought him for $78.41 shipped and there's a bunch more left from an Italian seller. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Persona-3-Sanada-Akihiko-1-10-Pvc-Statue-KOTOBUKIYA-/330789596271
There's no reports of this guy being bootlegged, looks like it might be some German/Italian store cleaning out old inventory.

I've never seen this guy pop up on mandarake or amiami's preowned, and his US ebay prices are ridonculous, so I ordered him right away. It really sucks he's not to scale to Mitsuru though. Instead they made him to be paired up with the P3 MC which I will never own because he sells for 10-15,000 if he even pops up on mandarake.

gwukV.png

This arrived today. It's definitely the real deal. It has the Atlus sticker, and even came with a drama cd, Episode "Rain". If anybody can find me a translation I'd appreciate it. Google didn't bring up anything.

One corner of the box is pretty beat up, but the figure is fine. He looks a lot better in person. I really like him. My only complaint is that he's a bit too small, I wish he was the same scale as Kotobukiya's Mitsuru, and that I'll never be able to pair him up with the P3 MC. If anybody still wants him he's still for sale.

Don't even know where that's from, but it looks wonderfully stylized.
It's the Elin race from the mmo Tera.

LadyRiven

Amiami has some nice figures for good prices right now in their sale section. With the current exchange rate, it's a good time to pounce on them! Here's a few that caught my eye.

Y8viKIJ.jpg

Gift Saber Lily 5,880 JPY

3ku7r99.jpg

Kotobukiya's Melty for 3,550 JPY

HwsMrBw.jpg

Phat Company's Rorona for 4,980 JPY

Lots more in the sale section.

I have the Gift Saber Lily and she is beautiful, but some folks don't like her face sculpt. I think it's gorgeous. I decided to order the Melty, even though I haven't played the game. She's really cute!

LadyRiven

Gift's Saber Lily is actually what convinced me to watch Fate in the first place. I really like Satoshi Toda's face sculpts. Basically, he takes a boring flat art style and gives it new life. Some people really like when Shunya Yamashita or Taka Tony make their own design of a popular figure; and that's how I feel about Satoshi Toda.

To me, it's nice to have a detailed face sculpt option for enjoyable shows like Fate and Madoka, which both have extremely flat art styles. Fate figures usually make up for the boring-face-syndrome with their extremely dynamic poses and costume details.

I'm really looking forward to his version of Homura. GSC's original Homura figure just didn't do anything for me, even if it does look like her.

sThNPTb.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Gift's Saber Lily is actually what convinced me to watch Fate in the first place. I really like Satoshi Toda's face sculpts. Basically, he takes a boring flat art style and gives it new life. Some people really like when Shunya Yamashita or Taka Tony make their own design of a popular figure; and that's how I feel about Satoshi Toda.

To me, it's nice to have a detailed face sculpt option for enjoyable shows like Fate and Madoka, which both have extremely flat art styles. Fate figures usually make up for the boring-face-syndrome with their extremely dynamic poses and costume details.

I'm really looking forward to his version of Homura. GSC's original Homura figure just didn't do anything for me, even if it does look like her.

sThNPTb.jpg
Definitely not a fan of that style but I know it does have its fans. I like figures to be as close to the original as possible
D

LiK

This arrived today. It's definitely the real deal. It has the Atlus sticker, and even came with a drama cd, Episode "Rain". If anybody can find me a translation I'd appreciate it. Google didn't bring up anything.

One corner of the box is pretty beat up, but the figure is fine. He looks a lot better in person. I really like him. My only complaint is that he's a bit too small, I wish he was the same scale as Kotobukiya's Mitsuru, and that I'll never be able to pair him up with the P3 MC. If anybody still wants him he's still for sale.

I have him but I don't remember where I put him :(

I don't think these are F4F the link doesn't say that it just says it's the same pose as F4F Ganon. I'd be interested if it's done in a good material we'll see how the color turns out looks amazing.

Those are Unbox Industries Toys new prototypes for a line of Zelda figures they are doing. http://www.unboxindustries.info/home/
They are also doing some Star Wars Figures and they had a prototype for Bub and Bob plush from Bubble Bobble. Great guys to work with and they had some really good stuff at Toyfair.

johnsmith

remember me
Any good Ghost in the Shell or Cowboy Bebop figures with quality/prices in the P.O.P. line's ballpark?

These are the only 2 cowboy bebop figures released recently. There never were many good cowboy bebop figures.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-IPN-4459
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-IPN-4460

Amiami has a couple of preowned ghost int he shell figures for sale, and you could try searching on mandarake. I don't think anything has been released for this series recently either.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-2593
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=HOB-FIG-8731

I suggest searching on http://myfigurecollection.net/ to see what's out there.

SegaFanac

Neo Member
Well the wait is finally over...... just got it today via BBTS

mp13.jpg

"Soundwave superior..... all other figures inferior!"

I will have to play with him tomorrow after work, it has been a long day for me and I need some rest, I want to give Soundwave my full attention. Soundwave is my 4th MP figure and from what I have seen so far he is my favorite (well he was always my favorite anyways....)

MP Soundwave - Takara release
MP Optimus Prime TRU "aka MP-10" - Hasbro release
MP Grimlock TRU - Hasbro release
MP Movie Starscream - Takara release

I cannot wait to get all his cassettes!

I know this may sound odd... but I may double dip for the Hasbro release, just because it is Soundwave.

Oh quick side note: It is a shame that Takara did not make Soundwave a functional MP3 player as well.... now that would be awesome!

Beth Cyra

sThNPTb.jpg

God, this Homura is so freaking amazing. Pre Ordered it the moment I saw it months ago. Easily the best version of Homura I've ever seen.

gotoadgo

mp13.jpg

I will have to play with him tomorrow after work, it has been a long day for me and I need some rest, I want to give Soundwave my full attention. Soundwave is my 4th MP figure and from what I have seen so far he is my favorite (well he was always my favorite anyways....)

I know this may sound odd... but I may double dip for the Hasbro release, just because it is Soundwave.

Oh quick side note: It is a shame that Takara did not make Soundwave a functional MP3 player as well.... now that would be awesome!
I recently bought MP-10 while in Japan and also saw sound wave, starscream(gen 1) and rodimus. I really should have gotten sound wave and I regret not buying him. I did get the kotobukiya metal gear model though, I just need to figure out how to put it together and paint it :-/ (never painted a model before).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I did get the kotobukiya metal gear model though, I just need to figure out how to put it together and paint it :-/ (never painted a model before).

I still need to put mine together.

As for painting, yeah, Gundam Eclipse is a great site to start with. /r/Gunpla is also a fantastic resource. Gundam Australia Forum (GAF Gundam, ha) also has a load of great tips.

My suggestions? If you're only going to be doing ONE model kit (the REX), you can get away with a few spray cans and a few bottles of cheaper model paint. If you're seriously going to start doing model kits, we can talk. :p

gotoadgo

Yeh, I don't plan on making this a hobby to be honest so I may not end up painting it at all. I'll see how hard it looks to paint it and go from there.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeh, I don't plan on making this a hobby to be honest so I may not end up painting it at all. I'll see how hard it looks to paint it and go from there.

It's not bad unpainted from the pictures I've seen, but it's very plain. If you want to do the urban camo thing, you'll need to do a bit of painting. It can all be achieved with some patience, spray cans, and artist masking tape.

Ongoing saga with damaged Rex.

Communication with the CS is positive, but somewhat distorted thanks to the language difference. They have asked me to send in the radar dome. They will provide the other missing piece (under-slung laser) as well.

Does anyone who owns this thing know if the radar assembly itself is removable off the figure? Is it attached with screws somewhere so the whole piece can be removed? I'd INFINITELY prefer to send just that assembly back to them, rather than the whole unit. I imagine they would too, as if it can't, I will request they send me a pre-paid EMS postage slip for both legs of this thing's journey. And that's not cheap.

(Man, my MP Soundwave is in the mail too. Can't wait.)

LiK

Communication with the CS is positive, but somewhat distorted thanks to the language difference. They have asked me to send in the radar dome. They will provide the other missing piece (under-slung laser) as well.

Does anyone who owns this thing know if the radar assembly itself is removable off the figure? Is it attached with screws somewhere so the whole piece can be removed? I'd INFINITELY prefer to send just that assembly back to them, rather than the whole unit. I imagine they would too, as if it can't, I will request they send me a pre-paid EMS postage slip for both legs of this thing's journey. And that's not cheap.

CSR didn't let you know if the radar could be removed or not? I never tried to unassemble it so I dunno.

CSR didn't let you know if the radar could be removed or not? I never tried to unassemble it so I dunno.

I asked for further instruction; but since their business hours is basically during my sleep schedule, and I only just replied while at work, I likely won't hear back until tomorrow.

I was hoping someone who's been looking over the thing might have seen some method of disconnection. I have not, but I admit I haven't been overly thorough. I will do more looking tonight.

Wait, is there supposed to be a piece that holds the railgun up? Mine just kinda droops down sadly...

Edit: Oh wait, you're talking about the gun on the undercarriage. I'm dumb. Nevermind.

What the even is this? No seriously, even for Gurren Lagann this really is out of nowhere.

It's from an illustration by Sushio in an exhibition they did for GL's 5th anniversary. It was sculpted by MiRock who is a garage kit model guy who also did Eva figures.

Unbox's prices are pretty fair, I couldn't really get the scale of the Zelda figures so I have no idea how much they will be.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

mp13.jpg

Oh, for some reason I thought TF's were off limits for this thread... Luckily not. My MP13 has shipped a few days ago, can't wait to get him.

On a side note, new TF MP's 17-18-19 have been announced : Prowl, Smokescreen & Bluestreak. All variations of the same mold obviously, but cool nonetheless. After that it's time for a Decepticon again, everyone seems to hoping for that Megatron 2.0

And take a look at quake wave fanstoys, basically MP Shockwave:

GdPB4.jpg

Early vid review, looks ace

I've been looking at third party TF's for a bit, and I can't believe how impressive some of the figures are. Chromedome e.g looks amazing as well

Wait, is there supposed to be a piece that holds the railgun up? Mine just kinda droops down sadly...

Edit: Oh wait, you're talking about the gun on the undercarriage. I'm dumb. Nevermind.

My railgun ratchet joint is basically two stage. If put at the lower angle, it's kinda droopy, but at the higher angle it's tight and holds correctly. The higher angle looks more accurate to the model anyway, so that's the least of my concerns.

The fact that mine just doesn't have the laser on the bottom is kind of a huge frownyface. From the looks of the piece, it should just insert in there over the grommet and sort of float in there? I'm not entirely certain.

On a side note, new TF MP's 17-18-19 have been announced : Prowl, Smokescreen & Bluestreak. All variations of the same mold obviously, but cool nonetheless. After that it's time for a Decepticon again, everyone seems to hoping for that Megatron 2.0

Yeah, I want to see some shots of these. Prowl is a badass, so it'd be awesome to see what comes of it.

And take a look at quake wave fanstoys, basically MP Shockwave:

GdPB4.jpg

Early vid review, looks ace

I've been looking at third party TF's for a bit, and I can't believe how impressive some of the figures are. Chromedome e.g looks amazing as well

3rd party TFs are something I haven't gotten into myself just yet but I think I'm going to start, the upcoming Stunticons from Fansproject look RIDICULOUS. I want to see what they do with Motormaster.

Takuan

Ask at ThreeA's official forums. It's a tight-knit community and someone will be able to help you out, for sure.

http://www.threeaonline.com/forum/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom