• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

So wait, when you pre-order from AmiAmi, it doesn't lock you in at the yen conversion at the date you pre-ordered, right? It only calculates it around the time where you're actually paying?

Well the wait is finally over...... just got it today via BBTS

mp13.jpg

"Soundwave superior..... all other figures inferior!"

I will have to play with him tomorrow after work, it has been a long day for me and I need some rest, I want to give Soundwave my full attention. Soundwave is my 4th MP figure and from what I have seen so far he is my favorite (well he was always my favorite anyways....)

MP Soundwave - Takara release
MP Optimus Prime TRU "aka MP-10" - Hasbro release
MP Grimlock TRU - Hasbro release
MP Movie Starscream - Takara release

I cannot wait to get all his cassettes!

I know this may sound odd... but I may double dip for the Hasbro release, just because it is Soundwave.

Oh quick side note: It is a shame that Takara did not make Soundwave a functional MP3 player as well.... now that would be awesome!

Cannot wait for this to come state-side

Takuan

So when did this bad motherfucker become available for pre-order? I saw a Figuarts Zero version of him just by chance, which will be available in about 4 hours. Not gonna bother staying up for it, but I would've for the Megahouse figure!

Edit: Apparently this was available for pre-order on Jan 8... didn't read about it anywhere. God dammit. No other options than eBay, and I'm not about to take that risk again.

Luigi87

So when did this bad motherfucker become available for pre-order? I saw a Figuarts Zero version of him just by chance, which will be available in about 4 hours. Not gonna bother staying up for it, but I would've for the Megahouse figure!

Edit: Apparently this was available for pre-order on Jan 8... didn't read about it anywhere. God dammit. No other options than eBay, and I'm not about to take that risk again.

Holy crap that is an awesome figure of Law. Wish I had known about it @_@

Takuan

Holy crap that is an awesome figure of Law. Wish I had known about it @_@

Same. Mmm

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-IPN-05840&page=top

This one will be available for pre-order in a few hours. Pales in comparison, but it's also way cheaper.

Where are people buying their masterpiece transformers from? Any particularly good site?
TRU/Wal-Mart. BBTS if you're okay with paying a premium to save time and frustration of hoarders/crooked staff.

Fantomex

Any of you guys in here into Transformers? i've never purchased a MP before. Love the FOC designs. I'm wondering if I should just pay the price for a MP Grimlock or if the Prowl or Jazz would be a good starting point. Wasn't really impressed by the Starscream and Thundercracker MP.

Hero

Max Factory Zero Suit Samus - 8,980 yen
Holy crap, this thing went up in price.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-IPN-3176-R007

Yeah, I'm glad I have one. Freaking the Samus Figma is absurdly expensive on eBay as well.

I wish they would make a ZSS figma
Me too.

Any of you guys in here into Transformers? i've never purchased a MP before. Love the FOC designs. I'm wondering if I should just pay the price for a MP Grimlock or if the Prowl or Jazz would be a good starting point. Wasn't really impressed by the Starscream and Thundercracker MP.

Grimlock is probably one of the best MP's. Love mine but expect to pay a lot for him now.

Thanks for the info.

johnsmith

remember me

My guess is no. The comments are all saying they had to do EMS, and the box dimensions are 82.1cm, it needs to be under 90cm, so the box and packaging would probably put it over. The only place that I could find it in stock that gives shipping estimates, plamoya, says EMS only. http://plamoya.com/en/black-rock-shooter-pvc-figure-p-9312.html

Mandarake also specifically states no sal shipping. http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-728586.html

SUPARSTARX

Wait for the release month. There will be some overstock.

My guess is no. The comments are all saying they had to do EMS, and the box dimensions are 82.1cm, it needs to be under 90cm, so the box and packaging would probably put it over. The only place that I could find it in stock that gives shipping estimates, plamoya, says EMS only. http://plamoya.com/en/black-rock-shooter-pvc-figure-p-9312.html

Mandarake also specifically states no sal shipping. http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-728586.html

aight thanks.

what about this one

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10118416

hobbysearch doesn't have listed as sal-able but its a lot lighter. Couldn't find it on playmoya.

Fantomex

Grimlock is probably one of the best MP's. Love mine but expect to pay a lot for him now.

I'm just going to have to spend the 220 people want for the Grimlock. I'm looking at Optimus, Prowl, Jazz and all those other MP's don't quite do it for me. I've seen the Year of The Snake Omega Supreme and it looks cool but I mean it's going for half of what a Grimlock would cost.

Prowl, Jazz and Omega don't have MPs (Prowl gets one this summer). Grimlock is excellent, but rather than the Year of the Snake Omega you could look for the Encore reissue of Omega, it can possibly be found still.

Takuan

Wait for the release month. There will be some overstock.

Wasn't aware this ever happened, but I will definitely check for it. Thanks.

So the SH Figuarts Iron Man figures are available for pre-order on Amiami. They look good for what they are, but part of me wonders if I should just buy the real deal...

Fantomex

There's also an unofficial WFC Omega Supreme by planet X coming soon if you're into that stuff.

http://robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=&II=PLANETX001&lang=us
It looks great and I even saw one in person, I'm just afraid even with my tax return its out of my sanity budget :)

Prowl, Jazz and Omega don't have MPs (Prowl gets one this summer). Grimlock is excellent, but rather than the Year of the Snake Omega you could look for the Encore reissue of Omega, it can possibly be found still.

I looked at the encore and it's somewhere around 250 right now. I guess in a way I'm searching for my holy grail transformer. Need to make a decision or find a good desperate seller soon in the $200 range.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Is MP Soundwave at TRU and such yet?

There hasn't been confirmation for a US release yet, but it's a safe bet Hasbro will release one later this year. This one's from Takara, so you have to import

Oh, just read TRU Australia will get Soundwave mid 2013, june or july. News of a USA date can't be too far behind

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I think I'm done ordering from Anime-Island. They finally got their shipment of Bishoujos months after everyone else and are shipping me Huntress after I asked them to cancel the order. -_-

Fantomex

So guys, If I buy a figure from a person on a forum. What is a good payment service or payment arrangement to make to minimize the chance of getting burned? Paypal?

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
FansProject, a top notch third party Transformers company, has finally put up color shots of four of their five unofficial Stunticons. And they are glorious.

734677_10151245584901711_647994565_n.jpg

No shots of Motormaster or the combined Menasor form yet, but they do combine.

The first two, Car Crash (Breakdown) and T-Bone (Wildrider) can be preordered at Big Bad Toy Store.

The third party TF scene is really exploding currently. Some amazing stuff is in the pipeline from multiple companies.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
It's pretty cool of Hasbro to let them be. I haven't bought any of them yet, though I am eying not-Sixshot.

A third party Masterpiece-style Soundwave was cancelled when Takara announced their MP Soundwave, although nobody seems to know if that was due to pressure from Takara or just the third party group wisely deciding that there wouldn't be much market for it with an official toy on the way. I think at this point Hasbro/Takara ignores it because they have no intention of moving into the high end collector figure combiner team market. If anything, these third party toys almost serve as R&D for the inevitable official Masterpiece combiner teams years down the road.

Considering the Break Down image galleries we're seeing from this FP set, Motormaster is going to be fucking full on balls to the wall.

TFC's Project Uranos is also pretty crazy.

I haven't started getting into that 3rd party scene, but it seems like many things I missed that are too awesome for words are going to cost me an arm and a leg to catch up on if I did. City Commander and Defender come to mind immediately.

Xovergen's recent Trailerforce is actually pretty awesome as a trailer for Classics Prime /let's turn Classics into a Power Master. Love the aesthetic as a trailer, there.

Quake Wave is pretty fucking excellent looking, and everyone who got an early one is busting a nut. Lots of places sold out too, even the second wave. If you want in, I hope you have a bit of success finding one.

Whooo customs charges =I, so far all packages from HobbyLinksJapan has been charged with customs T.T... This a normal reoccurance in everywhere else, with HLJ? (UK here). AmiAmi has been on & off luckily, but it's the price to pay I guess. But I think I can finally slow down for a bit now =)
Edit: Btw anyone interested in buying this for cheap? All gone
$T2eC16NHJF8E9nnC6IONBQ3NN!Vcbg~~60_12.JPG

Quote for info, lurkers mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom