• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

sca2511

Yay, Kirin Hobby finally got bishoujo Huntress in stock and are going to ship her along with Power Girl and Batgirl. Unfortunately, this also means my credit card is going to get charged $161. My DC Bishoujo collection is now complete, except for Catwoman. Here's hoping Kotobukiya rereleases her like they did Wonder Woman because I'm definitely not going to pay $200 for her.

I was considering getting Catwoman, since I'm collecting Marvel/DC bishoujos as well. Then I looked at her face and didn't really like it. For the price she's going for, I'd rather get a Sideshow version of her. I still need the color variants like blue Batgirl and evil Supergirl, but I prefer not to buy versions of just color swaps. Decisions...

Also, MyFigureCollection doesn't have American/western statues in their database?

I was considering getting Catwoman, since I'm collecting Marvel/DC bishoujos as well. Then I looked at her face and didn't really like it. For the price she's going for, I'd rather get a Sideshow version of her. I still need the color variants like blue Batgirl and evil Supergirl, but I prefer not to buy versions of just color swaps. Decisions...

Also, MyFigureCollection doesn't have American/western statues in their database?

It is supposed to be dedicated to Japanese pop culture so I don't think they allow those kind of entries.

johnsmith

remember me
They'll allow western characters as long as the company making them is Japanese. Doesn't even need to be in an anime style.

meijiko

Alice arrived!

jJgdOS1.jpg

Very happy with the overall condition. Though she was marked as "B" on Amiami, I can't find any flaws with her at all. Her box was slightly roughed on top, but boxes aren't really a concern of mine.

We're working on loading up our shelves with all our collections, but I'd like to wait until nearly everything is in place before taking pictures. I already know we have way too much stuff to fit, but it should be easy enough to decide what gets storaged until our next dwelling. Plenty of room for figures, though!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Giving out a warning regarding Anime-Island-

Today I received both the Kotobukiya Bishoujo Powergirl and Huntress from them. I asked them to cancel the order for Huntress on 1/14 and was told this would be fine. Weeks later, I got message that both would be shipping soon. I asked them what happened to the cancellation and never received a reply. My order status also still says that both items are awaiting shipping.

I bought both items via Amazon Payments and am hoping they will work with me for a refund, but I see that they generally settle payment disputes within 30 days of purchase and I was charged the full amount for these items last November. -_-

I can understand mistakenly shipping out an order that was supposed to be cancelled, but there's no excuse as to why nobody from Anime-Island could contact me about this during a period of several weeks.

So I might be stuck with an extra Huntress, brand new in the box. Anyone want it? :p

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Alice arrived!

http://i.imgur.com/jJgdOS1.jpg[IMG]

Very happy with the overall condition. Though she was marked as "B" on Amiami, I can't find any flaws with her at all. Her box was slightly roughed on top, but boxes aren't really a concern of mine.

We're working on loading up our shelves with all our collections, but I'd like to wait until nearly everything is in place before taking pictures. I already know we have way too much stuff to fit, but it should be easy enough to decide what gets storaged until our next dwelling. Plenty of room for figures, though![/QUOTE]

Really really cute figure - if I could stomach the price tag, I would hunt one down. Nice!

johnsmith

remember me

Today I received both the Kotobukiya Bishoujo Powergirl and Huntress from them. I asked them to cancel the order for Huntress on 1/14 and was told this would be fine. Weeks later, I got message that both would be shipping soon. I asked them what happened to the cancellation and never received a reply. My order status also still says that both items are awaiting shipping.

I bought both items via Amazon Payments and am hoping they will work with me for a refund, but I see that they generally settle payment disputes within 30 days of purchase and I was charged the full amount for these items last November. -_-

I can understand mistakenly shipping out an order that was supposed to be cancelled, but there's no excuse as to why nobody from Anime-Island could contact me about this during a period of several weeks.

So I might be stuck with an extra Huntress, brand new in the box. Anyone want it? :p
The fact that you paid months in advance is shifty. I've never had to do that before, from American or Japanese shops.

asrttyoxo

Neo Member

You would have lost 20% on your Huntress had they cancelled for you based on their policy. At least this way you can try to sell it for what you paid. Even if you lose 20% it would be no different than if it would have been cancelled.

I have never had problems with them replying to me. They are also pretty active on mfc, so you might want to try them over there.

Hopefully you get it figured out.

LadyRiven

Alice arrived!

jJgdOS1.jpg

We're working on loading up our shelves with all our collections, but I'd like to wait until nearly everything is in place before taking pictures. I already know we have way too much stuff to fit, but it should be easy enough to decide what gets storaged until our next dwelling. Plenty of room for figures, though!

So jealous! She looks great! Congratulations! One thing I love about Japanese grading the condition of things is that they are so strict about it, I've never bought anything 'used' that didn't still look totally mint.

Bombless

Here comes a new challenger!!

o4kbk7o.jpg

Finally got it yesterday from Hobby Search. Placed the order back in July '12 lol. They pushed the release back twice but patience paid off. Fucking belgian state and post screwing me over : 20€ tax and freaking 12€ paperwork fees...PAPERWORK FEES.

Also have Kongiku ("after March") and Redhead FemShep (March). I'm not holding my breath on the actual release dates though :)

Finally got it yesterday from Hobby Search. Placed the order back in July '12 lol. They pushed the release back twice but patience paid off. Fucking belgian state and post screwing me over : 20€ tax and freaking 12€ paperwork fees...PAPERWORK FEES.

Also have Kongiku ("after March") and Redhead FemShep (March). I'm not holding my breath on the actual release dates though :)

grats. No idea where my momohime is. Ordered it on HLJ and it shipped last week on sunday.

androidcandy

Neo Member

This has always been one of my favorite figures :) I can't wait till I get Kongiku she looks beautiful and the lamp actually lights. I was sad when it was delayed.

sca2511

My Momohime order was delayed on HobbyFan. Requested to cancel because of that and just picked it up from amiami instead. Money saved.

That Alice looks really nice.

Krelian29

o4kbk7o.jpg

Ah well i couldnt resist and just bought it on AmiAmi this will ne nice on my desk!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

Update on this- James from Anime-Island responded and said that someone in their warehouse made a mistake; he's going to send out a return shipping label.

Makes me feel much better about them although the lack of contact is still questionable.

Jessicat

If anyone was looking to nab the Bandai D-Arts MetalGarurumon figure, there's a few webshops taking pre-orders, despite the webshop exclusiveness of the figure;

5,030yen: MIO Boutique Tokyo: Never shopped here before, but this is the best price I've found so far for this figure! Additionally, they apparently take partial payments for pre-orders, great if you can't put down the full payment all at once~

5,500yen: Big in Japan: The pre-order needs to be paid in full, otherwise seems to be a decent price.

$95.99: Big Bad Toy Store: THIS IS AN UGLY MARK-UP, don't buy from them unless it's a last resort XD

If anyone was looking to nab the Bandai D-Arts MetalGarurumon figure, there's a few webshops taking pre-orders, despite the webshop exclusiveness of the figure;

5,030yen: MIO Boutique Tokyo: Never shopped here before, but this is the best price I've found so far for this figure! Additionally, they apparently take partial payments for pre-orders, great if you can't put down the full payment all at once~

5,500yen: Big in Japan: The pre-order needs to be paid in full, otherwise seems to be a decent price.

$95.99: Big Bad Toy Store: THIS IS AN UGLY MARK-UP, don't buy from them unless it's a last resort XD

Aww, no WarGreymon or Omnimon (or Omegamon if you prefer)?

My Momohime came in! It's my first PVC figure, so I'm rather pleased with the quality and beauty of it. I have no place to display her though. I need to go through and store some things and go back to displaying a few select pieces instead of everrrrything.

We've built three Ikea Detolfs, and they're really easy to put together with two people. The worst part is that they only have three shelves, so if you're displaying normal-sized 1/8s or whatever, it's easy to run out of space and have a lot of top room left over. Risers are pretty good for making use of the height, but if you want more shelves, the Klingsbo cabinets are pretty good too. They're just more of a pain to put together.

Bonus progress pic of the collection room showing the two cabinets:

What are the white shelf/cabinets in the back? I really need something like that.

meijiko

What are the white shelf/cabinets in the back? I really need something like that.

They're 15" deep Billy bookcases with Billy Morebo clear glass doors. Some of the better-looking shelves you can get for $70, but the doors are pretty expensive at $50 each door (so $170 for the whole thing). You can also customize them with glass shelves, which we're doing in a few places. I don't think they're on the website, though, so you might have to go to a physical store and buy them there.

from Kojima tweet. P-A Liquid Snake coming soon. Includes Rocket Launcher. woot

BCZPfGSCUAAOQ6J.jpg:large

Instant buy, also
69c1b90c01393d7c53347b1a860ed952_zps3125e3fe.jpg

04876535970f3f299fadbdfdee093aa1_zps4e7f0544.jpg

Hope they eventually do MGS2 Snake & Olga.

My wallet cries: "Hurt me more!"

They messed up though; Liquid never had one sleeve rolled up, and Raiden's HF Blade is straight, not curved.

These better be in the 10" scale with Snake, Fox, and Solidus. The Revengeance Raiden is listed as 11.1" -- I don't like that.

LiK

My wallet cries: "Hurt me more!"

They messed up though; Liquid never had one sleeve rolled up, and Raiden's HF Blade is straight, not curved.

These better be in the 10" scale with Snake, Fox, and Solidus. The Revengeance Raiden is listed as 11.1" -- I don't like that.

i don't like P-A Raiden's hair either. looks more like MGR Raiden hair than the classic MGS2 one. whatever.

LiK

They sure are making a lot of PA MGS. Maybe I should collect them... all. :eek:

Solidus' price is preventing me from collecting all the clones right now. they really overpriced him. should've been $80 max. even the Vanquish Play-Arts were cheaper and just as large.

MCD

Took this shot at Volks shop in Akihabara.

Me: This....onegai- insert broken Japanese here

Salesman: naaaaay naaaaaay not for sale naaaaay

Me: but but but waaaaaaaaaaaah

Salesman: naaaaaaaaaaay

grrrrrrr

BadWolf

Instant buy, also
69c1b90c01393d7c53347b1a860ed952_zps3125e3fe.jpg

04876535970f3f299fadbdfdee093aa1_zps4e7f0544.jpg

Hope they eventually do MGS2 Snake & Olga.

I really want an MGS figure but with the various negativity around Play-Arts I'm kinda afraid to pull the trigger. Like I was watching a review of their Solid Snake figure (MGS1) and the guy said that one eye was painted smaller than the other and then there were pics posted of various messed up faces in this thread, stuff like that would definitely get on my nerves.

LiK

I really want an MGS figure but with the various negativity around Play-Arts I'm kinda afraid to pull the trigger. Like I was watching a review of their Solid Snake figure (MGS1) and the guy said that one eye was painted smaller than the other and then there were pics posted of various messed up faces in this thread, stuff like that would definitely get on my nerves.

Yea, the paint and airbrush for the faces are always messed up. I dunno why. The prototype shots look great. They should just follow that template.

Damn can't believe I forgot Pliskin, with the bandana in the concept art thats my favorite look for Snake.
1. Pliskin
2. Olga
3. Snake
4. Cyborg Ninja

:) Also, Pliskin needs to come with the shaver as an accessory. But yeah, I have to say that I prefer the Pliskin look for Snake over his sneaking suit version in MGS2, probably because he strangely looks at home wearing all that gear. Or maybe it was just seeing him wearing the headphones that made me like the look more.

Regardless, I have the MGS2 trading figure of Pliskin on my desk at work (he's an extra as I have another with the entire set) and just love the look of him.

Bombless

A better picture with natural light and an actual camera :p

nVUfbgJl.jpg

Now I just need to change appartments to get an actual place for it haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom