• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

Took this shot at Volks shop in Akihabara.

Me: This....onegai- insert broken Japanese here

Salesman: naaaaay naaaaaay not for sale naaaaay

Me: but but but waaaaaaaaaaaah

Salesman: naaaaaaaaaaay

grrrrrrr

I was shocked the first time I visited a hobby shop and discovered some toys weren't for sale. I so wanted that sentai dragonzord!

Took this shot at Volks shop in Akihabara.

Me: This....onegai- insert broken Japanese here

Salesman: naaaaay naaaaaay not for sale naaaaay

Me: but but but waaaaaaaaaaaah

Salesman: naaaaaaaaaaay

grrrrrrr

Heh, when I was in all of the hobby shops in Japan, I assumed most stuff behind the glass wasn't for sale anyways. Was probably a good thing I didn't have anything in mind of buying at the time anyways.

sca2511

Received Gwendy today, got it for a good price (I think), also two of my most recent pickups.

kVXtdDJl.jpg

7phTZLrl.jpg

gbTzZPtl.jpg

Sorry for the phone pictures.

Should have also received the Jean Grey Bishoujo a couple of weeks ago, but it seems that it got lost in the mail.

Received Gwendy today, got it for a good price (I think), also two of my most recent pickups.

Sorry for the phone pictures.

Should have also received the Jean Grey Bishoujo a couple of weeks ago, but it seems that it got lost in the mail.

how much did you get gwen for?

I really want an MGS figure but with the various negativity around Play-Arts I'm kinda afraid to pull the trigger. Like I was watching a review of their Solid Snake figure (MGS1) and the guy said that one eye was painted smaller than the other and then there were pics posted of various messed up faces in this thread, stuff like that would definitely get on my nerves.

The MGS Play Arts are definitely the best in the line, slightly above FF.
The only major problem with Solid is the blend of paint on the face.
bang.jpg

VS
8019696456_af6d0d37b9_z.jpg

A small amount have it but Its been corrected I have heard.

nearly every other MGS figure has been perfect besides Meryl,
and thats only preference.

meijiko

$111 inc shipping from eBay, which I considered pretty good because the shipping times would be much faster.

That's not a bad price, and probably about what we paid for her re-release back when the yen was so strong (including EMS shipping). She's one of my favorite figures.

Some wonderfestival sneak peaks from Wing. We have already seen Fiona from Border Break but it looks like they are making another one of her based off of this Shunya Yamashita art! Obviously I've never played Border Break but I really like Fiona's design.

6Y57ZML.jpg

9qSqOgL.jpg

Good Smile Company should post some teasers in a few hours as well. Get Hype!

BadWolf

Being sculpted by Reflect? If that means Yoshizawa Mitsumasa then this should be amazing.

Hell yes, I've been gawking at his sold out+overpriced amazing work for a while now.

Don't know this character but considering the people involved I don't think I'll care.

bang.jpg

VS

Dunno man, Revengeannce Raiden's face already looks kind of iffy.

There's also that Revoltech Naked Snake to look out for.

Hell yes, I've been gawking at his sold out+overpriced amazing work for a while now.

Don't know this character but considering the people involved I don't think I'll care.

Dunno man, Revengeannce Raiden's face already looks kind of iffy.

There's also that Revoltech Naked Snake to look out for.

I think BBTS got that wrong, I have heard no news from Revoltech for the Snake Figure. That would be a pretty big deal and as soon as a figure is ready they post it on the Kaiyado site or revoltech.in

bang.jpg

VS

Chun Li thighs

Super GT Racing Miku (2011 ver. Returns) figma finally arrived, yo. *woot*

(Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic lol)

dbOwrBU.jpg

Racing Miku 2012 should be shipping out soon.

picked up milla maxwell (alter) for 6k yen b/b

was eye-balling gertrud yesterday but i didn't bite and it sold o well. Probably a good thing tho

eucharis

I want to sculpt a statue but have no sculpting skills.

What kind of statue? I can point you in the direction of best inexpensive materials to use if you ever want to take a try at it.

I used to go on a Gundam kit forum and they help scratch building etc contests. It would be so cool if we had something like that here. heh heh heh. Or just others that are interested in making garage kits.

SUPARSTARX

What kind of statue? I can point you in the direction of best inexpensive materials to use if you ever want to take a try at it.

I used to go on a Gundam kit forum and they help scratch building etc contests. It would be so cool if we had something like that here. heh heh heh. Or just others that are interested in making garage kits.

I have some sculpey at home but that's about it.

I was interested in sculpting 1/6 heads for a while for customs lol.

Labrys

Oh, wow, this looks like my kind of thread!
I've slowed down with collecting as of late, but here's part of my collection:
Sorry about the picture quality, I really need to get a new camera one of these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom