• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless someone makes a scaled pvc of Snow Miku then I might get that Miku as well. I love Miwa Shirow's art. Hoping they make Psychic and Trickster as well.

meijiko

I rather like this one:

3OsGFek.jpg

meijiko

How do you guys store your boxes? Flatten them?

Revoltech Snake looks really good.

It really depends on the figure. For static scale figures we usually end up keeping the box with all the insides together. I'm a bit less attached to my figma/nendoroid boxes, unless they're special ones (like Link or Samus), so a bunch of them got gutted and flattened. It certainly is quite a pain to store so many boxes when you have a big collection, though.

Given the rarity and the prices on eBay I was debating whether or not to open the Super GT Race Queen Racing Miku 2011 figma I got yesterday...

...oh well, screw it.

This figure's amazing.

rJHu7PV.jpg

This also came in from Amazon earlier this week: Bandai Tamashii Nations MS Girl GP03S Stamen - Armored Girls Project

wgpHq6d.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
new POP hotness for SUPARSTARX
i7lxOtpm90MUZ.jpg

And looks like Max Factory is making some more Nintendo scaled figures. Tharja from Fire Emblem Awakening. Didn't realize this was from Fire Emblem until tomopop posted about it. It's a little too pervy for a Nintendo game, but I'm glad they're making more Nintendo figures besides figmas. Max Factory always does great work and they're one of my favorite companies, so this is something I'll be keeping an eye on.
jb2wXXPgNd1pqX.jpg

jPsRdxQgUU1HR.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
^ I was wondering the same thing earlier.

New Elizabeth figure from Ques Q. Need to see the painted version, but definitely has potential.
YvPxg0U.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
Alter is still making Tales of Vesperia figures. They'd better make Judith, since she's the only one I'd actually buy. I can't believe they made all the guys, but no Judith.
8459281057_ccaa50dba5_b.jpg

Shunya Sonico concept art, no sculpt yet.
ibnQOLvratykrK.jpg

Hero

Fire Emblem Awakening figures? God damn.

Figma Marth. Max Factory Tharja?

I can't believe they're allowed to do that. I think the Samus one was somewhat saucy for Nintendo to allow but this is pretty blatant.

Oh well, she's my waifu in the game so I guess I'm kind of obligated to get her.

Make a Figma Ike please.

Hero

Holy crap, huge Transformers reveal at Toy Fair this weekend.

Two foot tall G1-design Metroplex, has all three transformations like his original toy. (Robot, base, assault carrier)

r_DSC02017.jpg

125.00 but damn, that thing looks beautiful.

Have Kotobukiya announced the next Tekken figure yet? Is it Ling Xiaoyu? No more announcements expected from that line-up?

Supposedly koto saves bishoujo news for US events since its more US tied (Mass Effect, DC, Marvel etc etc) so possibly news to some extent in a few days (NY toy fair thing).

xiaoyu and hworang or whatever are the next 2 IIRC

NEO0MJ

Holy crap, huge Transformers reveal at Toy Fair this weekend.

Two foot tall G1-design Metroplex, has all three transformations like his original toy. (Robot, base, assault carrier)

125.00 but damn, that thing looks beautiful.

I'm surprised they didn't fix the lack of abdomen the original had. Just a giant blocky chest connected to to a tiny waist via a twig.

Wouldn't Hhworang look kinda off in that line?

Koyuga

I'm so absolutely excited for the figma Guyver coming out. I don't have to hunt down one of the old ones anymore!
This Wonfes has been amazing so far, so many figures that I just have to get.

Fire Emblem Awakening figures? God damn.

Figma Marth. Max Factory Tharja?

I can't believe they're allowed to do that. I think the Samus one was somewhat saucy for Nintendo to allow but this is pretty blatant.

Oh well, she's my waifu in the game so I guess I'm kind of obligated to get her.

Make a Figma Ike please.
This!!
i'd buy any and all versions as long as it isn't the Awakening DLC one.
Vanguard or Radiant Dawn ver would be my first choice.

Ban Puncher

I'm going to have to stay the fuck out of AmiAmi's pre-owned section as to direct funds at all these fantastic new figures being announced.

Pachimari

Supposedly koto saves bishoujo news for US events since its more US tied (Mass Effect, DC, Marvel etc etc) so possibly news to some extent in a few days (NY toy fair thing).

I really don't think Hwoarang is next in line, I think that picture is a misunderstanding.

When is the NY event? I thought that was the one which started today.

Did you guys know that Shunya has done art for every single character from TTT2?
In the This is Tekken edition, you get an artbook with all his artwork in it.

I'm surprised they didn't fix the lack of abdomen the original had. Just a giant blocky chest connected to to a tiny waist via a twig.

First of all, OMG! Second of all, he's based off Fall of Cybertron Metroplex who is a pretty straight homage to G1 to begin with.

I was going to cut down on Transformers buys, but I'm quite interested in Springer, Blitzwing and Trailbreaker. Obviously gonna get Soundwave with his tapes, so happy I didn't go for the JP version. Expect this one to be scalped like CRAZY though.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
For the big MP's I'm definitely waiting for Hasbro's announcement from now on. They're not messing around. I had MP15 pre-ordered on RobotKingdom as well, and I don't think cancelling is easy with them.

I'm getting Blitzwing, Springer & Trailbreaker as well. Love the nod to Animated with Blitzwing's changing head.

ptown

What are good places to buy from? So far, I've heard of amiami.

I MUST have that Marth figma whenever that comes out.

johnsmith

remember me
What are good places to buy from? So far, I've heard of amiami.

I MUST have that Marth figma whenever that comes out.

There's LOTS of sites, but for preorders the 3 most popular ones for new item preorders are
http://www.amiami.com/
http://www.hlj.com/
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/
They will usually give a 10-20% discount off mspr on preorders. All 3 are based in Japan, and will be much cheaper and get their products faster than shops based in the US. I wouldn't recommend buying from US shops unless that's your only option because they are sold out at the Japanese shops.
Big exception: Kotobukiya's Bishoujo figures, these will almost always be cheaper in the US, and will be in stock at amazon with free super saving/prime shipping.

Preorder discounts here are only 5%, but their sale section has good deals on recently released figures that aren't selling that great.
http://plamoya.com/

Once something is sold out, your only option to get it is preowned, and for that I mostly use
http://www.amiami.com/top/page/c/preowned.html
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/

Shining Wizard @ Sawachika is the sculptor of that Tharja figure. That guy is probably my single favorite sculptor. Did Catherine, Zero Suit Samus, and all the 7th dragon 2020 figures. The guy does great work.

Another pic.

I'm all for Whoarang but they're raping my wallet and now none-existent money. =(

I guess the releases will go like this: JayCee, Lili, Xiaoyu, Hwoarang, Michelle.

Was michelle ever confirmed? Don't remember that at all.

If by wednesday they don't show off a prototype of xiaoyu then you can expect xiaoyu not to be ready by ATLEAST winter 2013.

which saves me a lot of money.

I mean chun li got announced almost a year ago or something and she still doesn't have a prototype (so far, NY Toy event could change that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom