• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Was michelle ever confirmed? Don't remember that at all.

If by wednesday they don't show off a prototype of xiaoyu then you can expect xiaoyu not to be ready by ATLEAST winter 2013.

which saves me a lot of money.

I mean chun li got announced almost a year ago or something and she still doesn't have a prototype (so far, NY Toy event could change that).
I'm secretly hoping JayCee and Lili will be the only ones this year. ^_^

Anyway I hope somebody will keep us updated with the Tekken line in here as this is where I go for figure news. :)

NEO0MJ

Didn't see much talk of these. Anyways, Fewture just revealed the remaining member of the Getter G team!
usE3vicnecLnTmABKVKohQ.jpg

twH.SPfexvTwuD3vzaKebg.jpg

cRMNWsVTiGJFrLSJz35uCg.jpg

oNbySbsUD4ZZ9X4h.cMs4Q.jpg

EEp2TtrNu8dKUmT9vPrtqA.jpg

Du2bkj0ICTWZdkujuLJB6w.jpg

.10ugHXsttIaVyJJrjK5tw.jpg

oKV4H5yHgviwJqW2yAeFYQ.jpg

From the pics there's no doubt that Getter Poseidon is the weakest of them, though that was kinda Obvious from the Sketch. Mr.Sato didn't manage to go far with him before he passed away.

johnsmith

remember me

Kazzy

Hope Mitsuru ends up looking good. Need a damn Yukari figure though.

I'm kind of surprised that, for all the dominance of female characters in the figure world, there are some glaring omissions such as these.
Though I live in hope of a Yosuke figure. A good one.

SUPARSTARX

Play Arts TDKR line is an easy pass. I have Hot Toys pending!

The other designs look cool but I do not like hard sculpted cloaks. O_O

And Play Arts face painting... why are they so weird and bad?

Dead

well not really...yet
I love that PAK Wonder Woman lol

As if the designer was asking himself how could WW possibly show more skin...

johnsmith

remember me
So what new announcements are you guys definitely going to buy?

Day 1 preorders
Max Factory - Hatsune Miku 7th Dragon 2020 ver
Max Factory - Tharja

90% Sure I will order unless they really screw up the paint job. Would be 100% if it wasn't a new company.
Ques Q - Elizabeth

The list of stuff I'm interested in but want to wait to see the final version of and price is way too long.

Play Arts TDKR line is an easy pass. I have Hot Toys pending!

The other designs look cool but I do not like hard sculpted cloaks. O_O

And Play Arts face painting... why are they so weird and bad?
When they try to do too much is when it goes bad, thats why the Final Fantasy Play Arts faces never look that bad
compared to others. when they go crazy on texture, skintone etc it never turns out good.
Good
review_squall_1.jpg

22983-LightningReviewHeader1x2.jpg

Pushing it
GEDC3145.JPG

Too much
PlayArts_Figures001.jpg

Im pretty worried how Lara Croft will turn out with all the dirt.

BadWolf

Day 1 preorders
Max Factory - Tharja

90% Sure I will order unless they really screw up the paint job. Would be 100% if it wasn't a new company.
Ques Q - Elizabeth

The list of stuff I'm interested in but want to wait to see the final version of and price is way too long.

Just Revoltech Big Boss.

Was looking forward to something new for 7th Dragon 2020 because of the Samurai I saw from there (looks so awesome) but can't say I'm much of a Miku fan.

When they try to do too much is when it goes bad, thats why the Final Fantasy Play Arts faces never look that bad
compared to others. when they go crazy on texture, skintone etc it never turns out good.

They just suck overall at any detail paint jobs. Simple anime like characters is all they can do. Whenever they do any shading, it looks like they just dipped the figures in some stain and called it a day, so sloppy.

LiK

They just suck overall at any detail paint jobs. Simple anime like characters is all they can do. Whenever they do any shading, it looks like they just dipped the figures in some stain and called it a day, so sloppy.

Seriously, they should stay away from any sort of shading with black paint. It's dreadful and ruins the face sculpt.

meijiko

I really, really wish SE would allow other companies to make figures of their characters. With the exception of the overly expensive static figures and statues, most of their efforts have fallen way below my expectations. Their latest Creatures Kai set was probably the most miserable set of trading figures I've had to put together.

My favorite Final Fantasy figure is actually Kotobukiya's X-2 Yuna, and I never understood why they never made other quality scale figures from other games.

I really, really wish SE would allow other companies to make figures of their characters. With the exception of the overly expensive static figures and statues, most of their efforts have fallen way below my expectations. Their latest Creatures Kai set was probably the most miserable set of trading figures I've had to put together.

My favorite Final Fantasy figure is actually Kotobukiya's X-2 Yuna, and I never understood why they never made other quality scale figures from other games.

Im pissed that we get a million completely different Clouds and Soras but we can't get a single figure of Squall as Leon. One of my favorite character designs ever.

Im pissed that we get a million completely different Clouds and Soras but we can't get a single figure of Squall as Leon. One of my favorite character designs ever.

Square's shaking that FF7 & KH horse for all it's worth XD.

So now that they've revealed these figures when do they normally release or go up for preorder? Or are these to test the reactions of what figures have gain the most attention?

johnsmith

remember me
So now that they've revealed these figures when do they normally release or go up for preorder? Or are these to test the reactions of what figures have gain the most attention?

While sometimes things that are shown don't make it to retail, most of them will. They probably won't be released until very late this year, maybe even early 2014. Most of these unpainted figures won't go up for preorder until summer.

ptown

Day 1 preorders
Max Factory - Tharja

Ques Q - Elizabeth

Day 1 - Marth figma.

I will keep my eye out on the Max Factory Tharja to see how that turns out.

I'm really digging all these Nintendo figmas/statues.

Holy shit, are these coming out? By whom?

It's some guy name Ronculus (customs) I'll have to figure it out but he used to make them for people but then stop doing it..trust me i wish I could get all of these as well but the only one available is from medicom which is Gizmo and it's like 1000ish or maybe a bit less

4f493b8f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom