• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
anyone please :)

Which Saber Lily exactly? Your picture links are broken, upload them to minus or imgur. Link the exact item because there's a million saber lilys. Personally I wouldn't buy from a user on MFC though, there's tons of scammers on there, and almost all the prices I see on figures are very inflated vs mandarake and amiami.

MCD

Not a fan of Eva but seeing this in nippombashi's Kotobukiya was something.

coD0Qje.jpg

There's LOTS of sites, but for preorders the 3 most popular ones for new item preorders are
http://www.amiami.com/
http://www.hlj.com/
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/
They will usually give a 10-20% discount off mspr on preorders. All 3 are based in Japan, and will be much cheaper and get their products faster than shops based in the US. I wouldn't recommend buying from US shops unless that's your only option because they are sold out at the Japanese shops.
Big exception: Kotobukiya's Bishoujo figures, these will almost always be cheaper in the US, and will be in stock at amazon with free super saving/prime shipping.

Preorder discounts here are only 5%, but their sale section has good deals on recently released figures that aren't selling that great.
http://plamoya.com/

Once something is sold out, your only option to get it is preowned, and for that I mostly use
http://www.amiami.com/top/page/c/preowned.html
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/

Shining Wizard @ Sawachika is the sculptor of that Tharja figure. That guy is probably my single favorite sculptor. Did Catherine, Zero Suit Samus, and all the 7th dragon 2020 figures. The guy does great work.

Another pic.

What are the details of that figurine? Show/Manga/Game?

johnsmith

remember me
New figure from Yoshizawa Mitsumasa/Reflect, from a series of VNs for psp/ios/android called Dangan Ronpa, which is getting an anime adaptation later this year. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
jhSkXYmcHVz5B.jpg

We need more figures based on Kozaki Yusuke's work. Pretty much every No More Heroes boss and every Fire Emblem Awakening character would make for exceptional figures.

@johnsmith I was thinking the samething about Lynn. That shit really does NEED to happen.

Dangan Ronpa has some pretty cool designs. Kinda hoped Aoi Asahina from the first game would get a figure. Maybe once the anime begins to air it will start to pick up in popularity.
HWFttMV.jpg

FwXiSfX.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
We need more figures based on Kozaki Yusuke's work. Pretty much every No More Heroes boss and every Fire Emblem Awakening character would make for exceptional figures.
Yeah, a Bad Girl Shinobu would be an instant buy, especially if sculpted by Yoshizawa Mitsumasa. His Sylvia Kristel is perfect.

Dangan Ronpa has some pretty cool designs. Kinda hoped Aoi Asahina from the first game would get a figure. Maybe once the anime begins to air it will start to pick up in popularity.
HWFttMV.jpg

FwXiSfX.jpg

Yeah, I started looking up stuff on this series and it looks pretty cool, and the concept sounds interesting. It's a PSP game and a visual novel, so there's no chance it'll get translated, but at least the anime is sure to get fan translated. And if that's popular maybe someone will do the android/ios versions.

Yeah, a Bad Girl Shinobu would be an instant buy, especially if sculpted by Yoshizawa Mitsumasa. His Sylvia Kristel is perfect.

Yeah, I started looking up stuff on this series and it looks pretty cool, and the concept sounds interesting. It's a PSP game and a visual novel, so there's no chance it'll get translated, but at least the anime is sure to get fan translated. And if that's popular maybe someone will do the android/ios versions.
If Bad Girl and Shinobu(NMH2 version please) ever get figures I will go absolutely nuts. Especially if they are in scale with Sylvia. Need Alice Twilight as well.

what is she from? those are some big boobies

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. The anime began airing last month. It's pretty good, you should check it out.
*edit* beaten by 4 posts haha.

hayejin

When they try to do too much is when it goes bad, thats why the Final Fantasy Play Arts faces never look that bad
compared to others. when they go crazy on texture, skintone etc it never turns out good.

Im pretty worried how Lara Croft will turn out with all the dirt.

Worried about Raiden. I ordered three bc I thought it would sell out like the cyborg ninja figure. No wonder no one complained of cyborg ninja. He had a helmet on.

Hmm I thought they were showing up, but here are the pictures

I notice the youtube stream at the bottom of one of the pics. I pm the dude asking whats up with this.

so i ended up searching for the youtube video and i believed i have found it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL4kKQ_BeAU.
and that lead me to someone else uploading the video. well i guess my seller, guess it was a fraud http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/BaldwinNguyen

baldwin nguyen is probably legit. I've seen his youtube videos and his MFC account

My advice, look at the person join date, look at activity then look at interaction with other members. If they all checkout then its probably legit.

edit

post the page of the guys account.

baldwin nguyen is probably legit. I've seen his youtube videos and his MFC account

My advice, look at the person join date, look at activity then look at interaction with other members. If they all checkout then its probably legit.

edit

post the page of the guys account.
Yeah, prob should have reword it, Baldwin Nguyen is legit, my seller is most likely not. Pretty sure he just took screenshots of bladwin's video, trying to pass it off as his pictures. http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/rhagnarok

chrono01

Here are more pictures of Tharja/Sallya in-case you are left wanting more [and rightfully so!]. Despite not being painted, I need this thing in my life. Here's hoping Max Factory doesn't take too long with its release, but given their quality control, I'm sure it will be incredible when finished, as it's already amazing.

C58dNb6.jpg

rJMC53T.jpg

And, the most important angle...

MToKBoY.jpg

I think this is my favourite thread on gaf.

There's just something about seeing characters faithfully and expertly sculpted into 3D form.

If I had more cash available I would definitely order some.

Here are more pictures of Tharja/Sallya in-case you are left wanting more [and rightfully so!]. Despite not being painted, I need this thing in my life. Here's hoping Max Factory doesn't take too long with its release, but given their quality control, I'm sure it will be incredible when finished, as it's already amazing.
Give us a GAF update when it's up for preorder lol as well as the Marth Figma. With the recent popularity of Fire Emblem it'll be gone so quickly =S, hopefully it'll go up when I'm online.

chrono01

Give us a GAF update when it's up for preorder lol as well as the Marth Figma. With the recent popularity of Fire Emblem it'll be gone so quickly =S, hopefully it'll go up when I'm online.

I'm excited for the "Marth" figma, as well. The reason I say "Marth" is because [Fire Emblem Awakening spoilers!]
it's not really Marth but Chrom's daughter, Lucina, but even still, she WILL be mine!

As for posting about them here [when pre-orders open], I definitely will! I keep an [extremely] close watch on these things. :)

johnsmith

remember me
Don't worry about it, preorders will be available for a couple of months before they sell out. Only portrait of pirates figures sell out instantly.

I'm excited for the "Marth" figma, as well. The reason I say "Marth" is because [Fire Emblem Awakening spoilers!]
it's not really Marth but Chrom's daughter, Lucina, but even still, she WILL be mine!

As for posting about them here [when pre-orders open], I definitely will! I keep an [extremely] close watch on these things. :)
I know about "Marth" lol, wonder if they'll add extras to change the appearance =D, I hope they'll add more Fire Emblem characters. Was upset when I first started looking at figures and there was a lack of Fire Emblem =(
Don't worry about it, preorders will be available for a couple of months before they sell out. Only portrait of pirates figures sell out instantly.
That's good to know, POP figures sell so quickly, is it due to the One Piece popularity in Japan or the limited natures of those figures? Or some other factor?

chrono01

I know about "Marth" lol, wonder if they'll add extras to change the appearance =D, I hope they'll add more Fire Emblem characters. Was upset when I first started looking at figures and there was a lack of Fire Emblem =(

That's good to know, POP figures sell so quickly, is it due to the One Piece popularity in Japan or the limited natures of those figures? Or some other factor?

One can hope! Honestly, given the popularity of Fire Emblem, I'm surprised that we haven't gotten more merchanidise [figma's, scaled figures, etc.]. Hopefully these announcements signal a change. I would absolutely purchase anything [and everything] Fire Emblem-related, especially if it applies to Awakening.

One Piece figures sell out so fast because of the sheer popularity in Japan. It doesn't help that Megahouse's One Piece releases are forecast ahead of time, and since everyone knows how difficult they are to obtain, they're all there ready and waiting at the designated time. AmiAmi [usually] crashes instantly, often-times before 6:00PM [the time the pre-orders start] with other sites [such as Hobbysearch/HLJ] slowing to a crawl. I was actually fortunate to get all of the Sailing Again crew [minus Franky, damn you EXCLUSIVES!] and Film Z Nico Robin a short while ago. I always feel like I won the lottery when I secure a One Piece pre-order.

are there any good DoReMi posable figures available anywhere?

I have just seen the S.H.Figurearts Precure Cure Peace figure - it looks very cool ... I have never seen Precure, but I watched DoReMi as a kid ;) so a figure of Harukaze would be perfect for me

LiK

Tempting....

(quoting for size)

But I have both of these from the regular Play Arts line. I can't see myself dropping $64+ (each) for these, especially since the others were like $20.

da fuck? they remaking them? i don't need them either. kinda scared they're gonna get the horrible paint job on the faces this time.

I'm not really into Nendoriod figurines too...but I'm a sucker for Macross merch, especially when it comes to the older stuff...

Nendoroid Petite Macross Heroines Set - Good Smile Company

Knowing how destructive Sharon Apple (upper left) is in Macross Plus that cold stare on her face makes her kinda dope lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom