• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronok

EvaPlusMinus said:
Oh fuck yes.

122dn9v.jpg

How reliable is this site? I must have this.

http://www.kidnemo.com/

Yeah they're reliable, I posted about them a few posts up. They took a bit of time to ship, but, I think it was because they were waiting on stock. Can't remember.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
not a huge fan of figurines. i find the whole process of collecting them rather creepy (the exception would be plastic models that require the good old plastic cement and model paint). however, i find my fanboy nature trying to get me to at least think about buying this:

kino.jpg

i really am a terrible Kino fanboy, aren't i :(

doomed1 said:
not a huge fan of figurines. i find the whole process of collecting them rather creepy (the exception would be plastic models that require the good old plastic cement and model paint). however, i find my fanboy nature trying to get me to at least think about buying this:

kino.jpg

That's fucking awesome. Where can I buy that at?

hellclerk

Absinthe said:
That's fucking awesome. Where can I buy that at?
oh please don't make me tell. it's sold out in most places i've looked, but damn, please don't. i'll have the sudden need to have it too. :'(

hellclerk

Absinthe said:
PM me please. But don't, if you don't want to.
nah, everywhere i've looked is sold out anyway. i just checked. it was recent though, there might be a second run some time soon...

AMUSIX

OK, finally getting around to posting my wife's collection. Well, most are hers, a few (like Jessica) are mine.

She has most of her figures in this case. Good to keep them clean, though it still needs to be dusted from time to time (actually, looks like it could use it now). Sorry for the darkness of the shot...
case.jpg

This is pretty much shelf 1, there's a large Lady Death in back, a Catwoman up front (shown below) as well as a Devilman Lady statuette (carefully covered to keep things safe for work):
shelf1.jpg

catwoman.jpg

Shelf 2...standouts are the Soryama Replicant (shown in better detail below) and the Comicon exclusives.
shelf2.jpg

replicant.jpg

One side of Shelf 3...The big wings belong to a Witchblade figure hiding behind the bondaged Alice...and a small figure of Franziska von Karma behind the spider.
shelf3a.jpg

The other side of Shelf 3...nothing too special here, besides Christopher Walken as the Hessian and a tiny figure of Gorobei Katayama.
shelf3b.jpg

Shelf 4...Fujiko, Leia, and a collection of little DoA girls. Seems about right. Oh, and Harley Barbie.
shelf4.jpg

The bottom shelf...minus another Fujiko and Gollum, both out of the camera to the left. The most valuble figure in the case is on this shelf...granted, all the figures here have lost a majority of their value because they were opened, but Lisa doesn't understand why you wouldn't want to display them.
bottom.jpg

These three simply won't fit in the case, and so have found homes elswhere in the house.
3women.jpg

Finally, she has some NSFW ones...so I'll just link to them. Well, the first one is semi-SFW, but didn't want to take the chance, just in case.
Dixie Clemets
An old friend
Gotta love artistic license
A neat use of mirrors

We've got a number of others on the way, so we'll probably have to come up with a new case. Heck, a lot of them we'll have to find better places for...like this guy who currently resides over the corner of the dining room.
lichking.jpg

Zaptruder

Banned
For such a large figure collection, I'd probably recommend a rotating gallery (if you don't have the shelf space).

Have themes to the collection, and group them appropriately.

Otherwise, it ends up been a lot of visual noise.

Amusix: o_O @ your wife's NSFW figures btw.

nny

Koshiba said:
Omg~ I need that one. :) I have the same one in the line with her tiger striped bikini. :D

yep, I know that one; I was pondering getting both but then I just picked the school uniform one ^^

AMUSIX

Zaptruder said:
For such a large figure collection, I'd probably recommend a rotating gallery (if you don't have the shelf space).

Have themes to the collection, and group them appropriately.

Otherwise, it ends up been a lot of visual noise.

Amusix: o_O @ your wife's NSFW figures btw.
Yeah, the figures really aren't arranged correctly...we've been meaning to pull all of them out of the display and reset them for a long time now, just haven't gotten around to it.

Also, there's a lot of ones that need to be put away, like the small catwoman figure. We like the display well enough, the curved design allows you to see the figure from three sides, but it is getting a bit crowded.

Yeah, her NSFW figures are pretty funny. The blue haired girl we got in Tokyo because it cracked us up so much. It's just so completely 'out there', there's no 'art' to it at all. The girl against the mirror we thought was a really cool concept and works quite well. Christy (and one of Kylie) were friends of hers, so when they got figures made of themselves, we had to get them. Unfortunately, her best NSFW piece is being repaired. It's a woman in bondage, arms restrained behind her, her head back and up. The entire figure hangs off the ground by a chain attached to a horse's bit in her mouth.

painey

2431359458_99fb22c5be_b.jpg

2430545349_f430b9b91e_b.jpg

These are my Final Fantasy Trading Arts figures, they are so awesome. Series 2 is such a huge step up in quality and painting.

AMUSIX

OK, think I found an artist to paint some models for me (as I simply can't do it). Now to decide which ones to get my wife for Christmas (as it'll take just about that long).

There's the Pegaso Fire model, which is slightly NSFW, but all incredible.

There is this PowerGirl statue, which is safe for work, but may be difficult to get, as it was a one-off.

Then there's this one, which is certainly NSFW, but just makes me laugh at how ridiculous it is.

Personally, I'm leaning towards the Fire one, but it is the most complex of the three. Prepainted figures would definintely be the way to go, just got caught up in the design of these.

Zaptruder

Banned
So I finally got around to uploading pics of my figures.

There are a lot of them, so I've only chosen to post a few select pics. If you want to see them, just check out the URL and edit the number... goes upto 31.

figures01.JPG
figures11.JPG
figures12.JPG

figures28.JPG

figures17.JPG

figures15.JPG
figures18.JPG

figures31.JPG

figures29.JPG

figures19.JPG
figures20.JPG

figures21.JPG

Since then, I've setup my display with a different style to it.

display01.JPG

display04.JPG

display05.JPG

display06.JPG

display07.JPG

Zyzyxxz

Zaptruder said:
So I finally got around to uploading pics of my figures.

There are a lot of them, so I've only chosen to post a few select pics. If you want to see them, just check out the URL and edit the number... goes upto 31.

figures11.JPG

is it me or does everyone own this figurine?

NECA's first appearance Ninja Turtles are great

CIMG0673.jpg

I wish I had ordered a set online when I had the chance and saved a few bucks.

I'm no much of a statue collector, but I do wish I had the cash for Berserk Art of War figures.

Innotech

Banned
I have a shelf or two full of them. Many of them actually came with anime I bought.
Scrapped Prioncess for example came with two 13 inch figures, several 6 inch figures and some smaller ones. That was a pretty neat extra but costly. I think the whole set of 6 cost me like $300 (with the DVDS).

Innotech

Banned
AMUSIX said:
This is pretty much shelf 1, there's a large Lady Death in back, a Catwoman up front (shown below) as well as a Devilman Lady statuette (carefully covered to keep things safe for work):
shelf1.jpg
I have the catgirl but in green. Where did you find the metallic blue?

Innotech

Banned
doomed1 said:

kino.jpg

OOOOH SHIT DO WANT!!!!

AMUSIX

Innotech said:
I have the catgirl but in green. Where did you find the metallic blue?
The blue was a San Diego Comicon exclusive a few years back.

GekigangerV, those turtles are awesome...color me jealous.

Zaptruder, nice collection, great display. Do you have multiples of Mai and Chun Li or did you just reposition them with the game? Also, that display case, where did you get it? Looks like it'd work in my office quite nicely.

Zaptruder

Banned
AMUSIX said:
The blue was a San Diego Comicon exclusive a few years back.

GekigangerV, those turtles are awesome...color me jealous.

Zaptruder, nice collection, great display. Do you have multiples of Mai and Chun Li or did you just reposition them with the game? Also, that display case, where did you get it? Looks like it'd work in my office quite nicely.

Thanks man.

The idea is to have a rotating display... I have too many figures; but having the entire display loaded up on figures only makes me look like a creepy otaku. Also spoils the general feel of the room. Disguising it carefully with other stuff makes it seem far more palatable. IMO anyway!

As you can see, its the same display... I just swapped them around. So I've boxed the other figures for now, but I'll pull them out later.

Also, I've got a nice Gran Turismo (Polyphony Digital) livery Ford GT coming;

80514a2.jpg

80514d2.jpg

I'll swap the wheel out for it... and when Auto-art get around to releasing a GTR 35 model (I hope they do anyway), I'll pick that up too. From what I can see in pics on the net... these are incredibly detailed, which i'm all about.

As for the case... it's all ikea parts.

the case itself is mentioned a few times already in this thread... the detlof? something like that.

And the lights are also from ikea; white dioder strips. And finally the mirrors; 2 sets of lot mirrors. Very cheap, but changes the entire feel of the case dramatically... but also subtly, because people don't even realise they're there! (of course you can see a massive difference between when they're there and when they're not there).

YakiSOBA

i've never bought a figurine before, but there is only ONE that I would buy instantly IF I knew where the heck to find it!!!

It was this kick ass Raiden (metal gear solid) figure someone posted in gaming side... holy SHIAT it blows away everything! it was single handedly the most badass thing i've ever seen... likely because I had just finished MGS2 when I saw it...

anyone know where I could order that? i dont even have the image to show you guys =(

Innotech

Banned
Zaptruder said:
Thanks man.

The idea is to have a rotating display... I have too many figures; but having the entire display loaded up on figures only makes me look like a creepy otaku. Also spoils the general feel of the room. Disguising it carefully with other stuff makes it seem far more palatable. IMO anyway!

As you can see, its the same display... I just swapped them around. So I've boxed the other figures for now, but I'll pull them out later.

Also, I've got a nice Gran Turismo (Polyphony Digital) livery Ford GT coming;

80514a2.jpg

80514d2.jpg

I'll swap the wheel out for it... and when Auto-art get around to releasing a GTR 35 model (I hope they do anyway), I'll pick that up too. From what I can see in pics on the net... these are incredibly detailed, which i'm all about.

As for the case... it's all ikea parts.

the case itself is mentioned a few times already in this thread... the detlof? something like that.

And the lights are also from ikea; white dioder strips. And finally the mirrors; 2 sets of lot mirrors. Very cheap, but changes the entire feel of the case dramatically... but also subtly, because people don't even realise they're there! (of course you can see a massive difference between when they're there and when they're not there).

that reminds mer too. I have like 20 1:18 car models as well. Now THOSE get expensive.

dasein

sorry I haven't looked through the entire thread, but does anyone own a figure model of L? L is my hero.

Edit: I found this online

GSC070907.jpg

:D

Ephemeris

dabookerman said:
PA.44042.001.jpg

This one right.

I got that, it's dirt cheap.

Been looking for those for a while. I did find them in a store last year.. but the guy wanted like $150 for them (he was also including an all-black set as well) but that's too pricey for me. There's been some on Ebay from an asian seller but they don't look too right.. :/

Kazenone

Okay late to the party on this one. Moved recently and i've just gotten round to unpacking the models

bookcase1.png

100_0266.jpg

100_0267.jpg

100_0268.jpg

100_0269.jpg

100_0270.jpg

I don't like taking them out of the box but it looks a lot nicer. I kept Siren/Cloud MIB because the boxes might get ruined if I open them. Leviathan actually broke during the move so I had to fix it.

edit; more

100_0273.jpg

100_0271.jpg

100_0272.jpg

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Why is AC Tifa and Aerith sold out everywhere, i got cloud and sephi so it would be nice to get those 2 later :/

nny

dasein said:
sorry I haven't looked through the entire thread, but does anyone own a figure model of L? L is my hero.

Edit: I found this online

GSC070907.jpg

:D

I've been pondering getting it, I really like what they've done with this one, love the expressions.

robot

YakiSOBA said:
damn where can i get this???

edit: and how big is the raiden figure about?

They're about 4 inches tall but the detail is amazing. I was lucky to find the whole set on ebay (22 figures from MGS 1 & 2, w/ a few pewter variants) for about $55 shipped. Came with the boxes too.

They're pretty tough to find, check ebay for individual figures. They also make raiden with a scuba mask on.

EDIT:Found the auction

Lelielle

I REALLY want the L figure, so cute!, I have my eyes on some Yamato Bubblegum Crisis hardsuit figures, from the original series, they even have the transforming motorbikes. Poseable figures are the best imo, I like putting them in different poses around the house and create humorous tableaus. :D

AMUSIX

MarkMan said:
AMUSIX - WOW, your wife has an awesome collection! Props!
I'll pass on the praise...I'd have her read it, but I've shown her this thread once and we now have a bunch more figures on the way.

Thanks Gaf, now I need to find a new display case.

That said, I was able to get the Powergirl figure I linked to above...now I've got to find someone to paint it before Christmas.

My new score:

20ubc47.jpg

2q09fzk.jpg

I eBayed the Monkeyman as it's cheaper than buying the Legendary Heroes figures I didn't want just for Monkeyman parts.

Shame Marvel is killing this line after just two series. :(

I put my Capcom Girls Collection "Poison" up on Ebay tonight. $45 w/free shipping (US only). I know some of you are waiting for a deal where you find it for under $60, so I thought I'd put up a notice here. Otherwise, I wouldnt since I know its kinda risky and generally frowned upon as spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom