• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Uno Ill Nino said:
I put my Capcom Girls Collection "Poison" up on Ebay tonight. $45 w/free shipping (US only). I know some of you are waiting for a deal where you find it for under $60, so I thought I'd put up a notice here. Otherwise, I wouldnt since I know its kinda risky and generally frowned upon as spam.

Official buy/trade/sell thread might get you more eyeballs.

Tirade

placeholder
First figure ever is coming in the mail: The Gurren Lagann Revoltech.

Might pick up Lazengann and a EVA-01 after if I like this one.

2549955096_09b4d19165.jpg
2549955084_49474068bc.jpg
2549955074_b48fbe4421.jpg

my shelf of toys. not exactly figure models, though i do have a nice collection of gundam models and star wars figures that i grew out of. as you can tell, i'm a huge fan of retro nintendo stuff, especially mario.

S. L.

CCA gallore for me.
the two HGUC Jagd Dogas and a Nu Gundam. Alpha Azieru is still in the mail and Sazabi and Re-GZ will follow later this month. :D :D
pict4717smalld06.jpg

BobLoblaw

Banned
Completely forgot about this thread. Here's my contribution. Built all of these in the last 6 weeks. :O Haven't decided whether or not I'm going to "paint" them.

1-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

11-2.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Wired

BobLoblaw said:
Completely forgot about this thread. Here's my contribution. Built all of these in the last 6 weeks. :O Haven't decided whether or not I'm going to "paint" them.

Hey, if you know how to paint then go for it. If you don't however, well you know you'll just ruin them and cry yourself to sleep for the rest of your life.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Zyzyxxz said:
what anime is that from? Macross Frontier?
Armored Core. It's a video game only as far as I know. The models have gotten progressively better over time. I can't wait until the Rosenthal model comes out in Oct. It's the best looking mech I've seen probably ever.

all_02.jpg

LuCkymoON

Banned
BobLoblaw said:
Mecha are very easy to paint, as long as you piant them before assembly.

S. L.

BobLoblaw said:
or for the super lazy, just sand the nubs off and give them a flat clear topcoat, supereasy and makes them look a lot better and less plasticy.

Zyzyxxz

brassica said:
Well folks, I decided to start collecting figures.

this week, I ordered THIS.

I also pre-ordered THAT.

And of course, all those will fit in the DETOLF.

too cute for me. I wish I had space for one of those cases though. Everyone seems to buy em.

Tirade

placeholder
brassica said:
Well folks, I decided to start collecting figures.

this week, I ordered THIS.

I also pre-ordered THAT.

And of course, all those will fit in the DETOLF.

Dear god don't tempt me.

Hmm, not pleased with the left leg of my Gurren Lagann Revoltech falling off, still looks nice and manages to stay on when its foot is on the ground. The Core Drill is awesome, justifies the purchase completely.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Haven't posted here in a while. Bought a lot of stuff over the past few months, but I don't know if I'm going to post it all. Found entire sets of DOAX trading figures, Konami Gurenn Lagann trading figures, old-school Athena figure, Air Gear Ringo figure, Queens Blade Echidna figure (too perverted), a Konami Otomedius trading figure, Shuunya Yamashita Kasumi figure, Revoltech Gurenn Lagann, Onegai Teacher trading figures, Masamune Shirow trading figures (Orion! Appleseed!!), and more. Most of it is still boxed up and I might keep it that way; it's time to start selling!

I did break down and buy this figure set the other day: A 1/15 scale action figure set of Priss and her Motoslave from the original Bubblegum Crisis! They are both highly posable and come with various hands/arms, etc. The Motoslave can also be transformed from its original bike mode to mech form (as seen below) or combined with Priss for mobile armor. Pretty cool little old-school geek toy, although a bit pricey at 6000 yen.

2624256333_6bbfbc7426_b.jpg

2624722812_9561f24d66_b.jpg

Speaking of old school, I also found a set of original Dirty Pair figurines. I <3 old-school anime.

2623987555_7e67d717ef_b.jpg

And another Lum figure. Found this for 1000 yen mint in box.

2623987557_b86427a61a_b.jpg

Finally, the RAREST OF THE RARE- A NON-FEMALE FIGURE! :0 Have Alex already; still need Ryu and I think Leo too.

2624843426_c9d49cf1bd_b.jpg

Koshiba

I have that Lum figure already.. but I kinda want those dirty pair figures. ;-; Why do they look extra skinny with bigger boobs though? I liked their body types they had in the anime.

Lyte, sweet Dirty Pair!

Anyhow this month is a terrible month for me!

Two epic toys of costliness are threatening to steal my monies! :(

lancer.jpg

and

rmika.jpg

They're running about $75 a pop. I need to shop around, but god damn! I've wanted a Lancer Cyclone ever since Robotech first aired when I was a kid. :D :D :D

S. L.

oh yeah, i finished building my HGUC Jagd Doga Quess Custom
minebau.jpg

minezji.jpg

more pics and some wip pics here

Also i orderd a resin kit of the Silicon Tribe Qubeley
qube05.w13.jpg

link
will the the first resin kit i build, and it will probably be a super bitch to paint.
but my love for Qubeleys is endless <3

Went to Anime Expo during the holiday weekend...spent too much damn money lol:

DSC_6670.jpg

- Yamato Macross Plus 1/60-scale YF-21 Strumvogel Valkyrie
- Yamato Macross Plus 1/60-scale VF-19 Excalibur Valkyrie
- Kaiyado Revoltech Macross DYRL VF-1A Valkyrie action figure
(I bought the other two old-school style Valks years ago)

I also got Sgt. Keroro models for my wife (I'll have to build them for her):

DSC_6694.jpg

zoku88

S. L. said:
Also i orderd a resin kit of the Silicon Tribe Qubeley
qube05.w13.jpg

link
will the the first resin kit i build, and it will probably be a super bitch to paint.
but my love for Qubeleys is endless <3
<3 Qubeley

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I was wondering if you guys could help me find out some information on a figure I just picked up. It's a Tiamat repaint of Bahamut from the Master Creatures line. I've heard it was exclusive to a convention but I found it at a local FYE for $7.25 so I doubt it's as rare as that. I've had a hard time finding anything about it so if someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Lyte Edge

Flock said:
Fuckkkkkk, these are so awesome. Where on earth did you find them?

At a mandarake shop in Nakano Broadway. I think they came out in 2006.

atomsk

Party Pooper
SOGEKING has finally arrived

105xvyv.jpg

so now i've got about half the crew. still need Luffy, Nami, Robin, Franky and (the yet to be released) Brooke

339h849.jpg

ryuen

Anybody have suggestions on where to buy good (but not too expensive) plastic display cases? The plastic(?) see-through ones that are stacked on top of each other would be really ideal.

c56dd3d2af2e1de688678e5c8e639bf9.jpg

btkadams

DOLLS ARE FOR SISSIES!!!!!!

anyways, i dont collect figures nah, i never really liekd that sort of thing, even as a kid. i was more into the transformer shit or machines and stuff

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
atomsk said:
SOGEKING has finally arrived

105xvyv.jpg

so now i've got about half the crew. still need Luffy, Nami, Robin, Franky and (the yet to be released) Brooke

339h849.jpg

Dude, that is so awesome. :D

I got these over the weekend at London Film and Comic con. Also got the Kureha one at Tokyotoys for £20
Motoko Aoyama
100_3820.JPG

£10

100_3824.JPG

£5 each!

100_3821.JPG

Lyte Edge

Got the R. Mika figure for 3500 yen (plus shipping) from Amazon Japan. That's like half the retail price! If the same seller offers the Felicia figure for that price, I'll get that too.

2727191730_53ea86bc0c.jpg

Lyte Edge said:
Got the R. Mika figure for 3500 yen (plus shipping) from Amazon Japan. That's like half the retail price! If the same seller offers the Felicia figure for that price, I'll get that too.

2727191730_53ea86bc0c.jpg

Son of a bitch! >:|

Man sucks to be getting buttraped for these figures in the US. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom