• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda want to collect the PA Kai Street Fighter stuffs. :( But the paint jobs annoy me.

I have the Ryu and Chun Li and the Chun Li shoulder cracked from like a few pivots. Really pissed with how poor the stuff was constructed.
Someone traded in a couple them at the store I work at and I noticed the Chun Li had the same issue. It remains functional, but really lose. Disappointing. Ryu and Akuma look awesome though, and they just announced Ken at the NY Toy Fair.

SUPARSTARX

If I get them I'll probably never remove them from the box. I didn't even remove Ryu from the box. I only opened Chun Li and Im like....... fuck this... no more disappointments. I don't even wanna know if that one can be messed up.

Acid08

Banned
Someone traded in a couple them at the store I work at and I noticed the Chun Li had the same issue. It remains functional, but really lose. Disappointing. Ryu and Akuma look awesome though, and they just announced Ken at the NY Toy Fair.

My money, take it already.

3 days without internet... and on such an eventful weekend.

Lots of figures that interests me and I thought 2013 was going to be another empty year.

Disappointed that there were no sculpts of Shunya's Sonico (artwork is nice) or Bishojo Chun Li (nice pose showcasing her thighs)

8460574950_6bcdc0cdde_c.jpg

Aion - Shadow Wing - 1/7 (Orchid Seed)

First I've heard of this. I might get this once I see it in color.

Wing's Fiona from Border Break by Shunya looks amazing! There's something bewitching about her face. I might end up getting this as well.

Max Factory's Dark Elf. Looks great. Her lips could be darker to help with contrast with her skin.

Figure seems to be based on this illustration

Looks nice in tan as well.

The new Megahouse Rise just went up for preorder. Unfortunately she's super expensive because she's a bandai and megahouse online shop exclusive.
http://p-bandai.jp/megatreshop/item-1000079657/?TOP_A
So you have to use a reseller like http://www.biginjap.com/pvc-figures/6771-persona-4-high-priestess-kujikawa-rise.html or a proxy service.

I probably shouldn't buy it, or hope she pops up cheaper on mandarake or amiami, since she's not that great, and I already have Wave's, but I'm going to do it anyway.

She is expensive but should be available from US retailers for $165.00, so you don't have to go through a 3rd party. We ordered 1.

LosDaddie

Banned
Do you guys think Hot Toys will release another 'proper' 1/6 scale Iron Man figure for IM3, and not the statue Side Show has shown so far? I think it was part of the 'Power Pose' line

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Giving out a warning regarding Anime-Island-

Today I received both the Kotobukiya Bishoujo Powergirl and Huntress from them. I asked them to cancel the order for Huntress on 1/14 and was told this would be fine. Weeks later, I got message that both would be shipping soon. I asked them what happened to the cancellation and never received a reply. My order status also still says that both items are awaiting shipping.

I bought both items via Amazon Payments and am hoping they will work with me for a refund, but I see that they generally settle payment disputes within 30 days of purchase and I was charged the full amount for these items last November. -_-

I can understand mistakenly shipping out an order that was supposed to be cancelled, but there's no excuse as to why nobody from Anime-Island could contact me about this during a period of several weeks.

So I might be stuck with an extra Huntress, brand new in the box. Anyone want it? :p

Update on this- James from Anime-Island responded and said that someone in their warehouse made a mistake; he's going to send out a return shipping label.

Makes me feel much better about them although the lack of contact is still questionable.

Update on this- I still have not received a return shipping label -or a response as to why- after a week.

Does anyone want to buy this Bishoujo Huntress figure? If not, back to Amazon customer support I go.

LiK

Update on this- I still have not received a return shipping label -or a response as to why- after a week.

Does anyone want to buy this Bishoujo Huntress figure? If not, back to Amazon customer support I go.

Oh, did you buy from a reseller on Amazon? You should be refunded easily by Amazon's return policy for resellers. Some dude sent me a bootleg DVD once.

Lyte Edge

Oh, did you buy from a reseller on Amazon? You should be refunded easily by Amazon's return policy for resellers. Some dude sent me a bootleg DVD once.

Anime-Island. They have their own site, too- I pre-ordered the figure and paid using Amazon payments.

They got back to me about a return/refund and that's when Anime-Island responded that they would send out a return label...and then nothing. It's poor customer service.

LiK

Anime-Island. They have their own site, too- I pre-ordered the figure and paid using Amazon payments.

They got back to me about a return/refund and that's when Anime-Island responded that they would send out a return label...and then nothing. It's poor customer service.

Ah ok, so it wasn't from Amazon's site. Good luck.

Lyte Edge

Ah ok, so it wasn't from Amazon's site. Good luck.

That's what I was saying before- Amazon got back to me and was about to go through with the refund process when Anime-Island said they'd send a return shipping label.

SUPARSTARX

Do you guys think Hot Toys will release another 'proper' 1/6 scale Iron Man figure for IM3, and not the statue Side Show has shown so far? I think it was part of the 'Power Pose' line

Don't worry, they will milk the living shit out of Iron Man 3. There is at least Mark 8, War Machine and Patriot colored WM I'm sure. You can still preorder Mark 7 right now under the Avengers line.

In hand pics of Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers Thor is out.

ThorHD1_zpsa7b9445c.jpg

ThorHD29_zpscdaf7cf8.jpg

ThorHD57_zps6d02fd20.jpg

ThorHD60_zpsa654d5b9.jpg

ThorHD60_zpsa654d5b9.jpg

BadWolf

Better shots of Revoltech Big Boss: http://www.metalgearsolidtv.com/2013/02/metal-gear-solid-more-photos-of.html

We got some nice close-up photos of the new Revoltech's Naked Snake figure here! This figure is part of Kaiyodo's posable Revoltech Yamaguchi line which is incredibly detailed and articulated.

This Naked Snake from Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker figure will be priced at ¥3,980 (US$43) which is quite affordable compared to other Play Arts Kai MGS figures and it will be out on April 15. Pre-orders start on February 15 in Japan.

Lyte Edge

Man, they are so shady

Yup- will not be using them again. If I don't get anything back from them by tonight I'm just going to contact Amazon again.

Meanwhile I see Play-Asia's figure shipping prices are back to more normal levels -ridiculous UPS near-$50 price aside (Fedex was less than half that)- so I went ahead and ordered the Bishoujo Tekken Jay Cee figure that's already in stock.

LosDaddie

Banned
Don't worry, they will milk the living shit out of Iron Man 3. There is at least Mark 8, War Machine and Patriot colored WM I'm sure. You can still preorder Mark 7 right now under the Avengers line.

Word. I'm almost done paying off the HT Avengers Hulk, so I might to get on that M7 Iron Man while I can.

That's not a proper 1/6th scale figure though. I mean, it's 1/6th scale but it isn't their usual articulated figure. It's part of their power pose line which means it's not articulated and you can only swap out the thigh/arm to change to one other pose (hence the cheaper price).

To answer the question though, yea. They will most assuredly have 100 other Iron Man releases before its all said and done. You can bank on the Mark XLII and the Patriot Iron Man armor as the first releases shortly after the movie is out...

SUPARSTARX said:
In hand pics of Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers Thor is out.
Not a fan of the likeness at all to be frank. Thought their first go at it from the Thor movie was stronger.

images

Hot-Toys-Thor-Figure-12.jpg

chrono01

Well.. here's how it looks right now. (shitty pic I know)
There is A LOT that is stored away since these are the only cabinets I have.

Damn you for owning Max Factory's Asuka. I want, nay...NEED her, and opted against purchasing Kotobukiya's because I prefer MF's version so much more. Also, knowing MF they'll never re-release her. -_-

I got into collecting figures seriously a few months after she was released. *sigh*

just bought

for 5500 on mandarake! scoreeeeee

mannn

In the past month and a half I went from 0 figures to 15 figures + 3 more preorder.
Nice! Just preorder the 10th saber. Still on the hunt for saber lily tho :(

Edit: manage to find saber lily on mandarake for 1300 yen. Hopefully they will email be back.

LiK

good lord, some of those preowned figures at AmiAmi are more expensive than new figures. i have a bunch that i never opened, i should probably try to sell them on eBay since i need the space.

good lord, some of those preowned figures at AmiAmi are more expensive than new figures. i have a bunch that i never opened, i should probably try to sell them on eBay since i need the space.
You gonna make people have a bidding war or set it above AmiAmi's preowned stuff =P, which in comparison to a lot of eBay stuff is much cheaper tbh XD.

LiK

You gonna make people have a bidding war or set it above AmiAmi's preowned stuff =P, which in comparison to a lot of eBay stuff is much cheaper tbh XD.

no idea yet. i'll probably take a look at the completed listings and match it. i have a ton of Megahouse figures I never found room to display and I no longer care about them.

sky

Fiiiiiiiinally got her <3

IMG_0248_zps8be1a051.jpg

Pre-ordered way back in .... july.... lolz.

You always hear how beautiful this model is... but finally having it, I said "wow".
Simply gorgeous. The pose, detail, coloring... impeccable!

Sushigod7

Fiiiiiiiinally got her <3

IMG_0248_zps8be1a051.jpg

Pre-ordered way back in .... july.... lolz.

You always hear how beautiful this model is... but finally having it, I said "wow".
Simply gorgeous. The pose, detail, coloring... impeccable!

Congrats on getting her she is my favorite figure I own. Can't wait to get more in the series.

Jessicat

Speaking of Persona figures~ Thought I'd post this here as the B/S/T thread moves pretty fast; I managed to nab 2 of these:
The Figuarts ZERO Bandai Webshop exclusive P3 MC figure; I need to sell one as I'm in need of the $ more than the spare figure ^^; It's new in the box [only took it out for the photo] and I'm taking offers from $100 for him. These are going for $150+ on ebay!

...Or I'll trade for the other Persona 3 MC figure~ [pft like that will ever happen |D I'm still punching myself for not getting that figure, and I was a broke university student at the time it was released LOL]

Giolon

33,880 yen for the Kinu Nishimura Morrigan. wtf.
Not as nice as Mai, imo.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-0617-R003&page=top
ixNddHY3JJBhA.jpg

I saw this in Mandarake Akiba back in November. While it doesn't justify the insane aftermarket price it's fetching, it was surprisingly a lot larger than I expected it to be. It seemed like it was about 1/5 scale more than 1/6 in the case compared to the things it was next to. The Nishimura Mai did t appear early as large. My holy grail these days is the Nishimura Chun-li. There was one in Mandarake Nakano at the same time period for about 28800 yen (when the exchange was 74:1).

johnsmith

remember me
I saw this in Mandarake Akiba back in November. While it doesn't justify the insane aftermarket price it's fetching, it was surprisingly a lot larger than I expected it to be. It seemed like it was about 1/5 scale more than 1/6 in the case compared to the things it was next to. The Nishimura Mai did t appear early as large. My holy grail these days is the Nishimura Chun-li. There was one in Mandarake Nakano at the same time period for about 28800 yen (when the exchange was 74:1).

This one? Amiami has it for 16,980 for an A/B, and I've seen B/B ones for a bit cheaper.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=HOB-FIG-3010

johnsmith

remember me
Dat pricetag...

Have you purchased any B rated preowned figures? What do they really consider B grade?

Japanese used goods have a reputation of always being in very good condition, and figures are no exception. All the B/B figure's I've bought from them have been in perfect condition, including my Nishimura Mai. As have all the opened figures I've bought from Mandarake. Surprisingly the only figure I"ve bought preowned that was damaged was my Yukiko Nendoroid, which was graded A. The bangs on one of her 2 hairdos was scratched a bit.

Then there's the savings. Got my Sylvia Christel figure for 5,500 yen vs the 11,000 msrp, and my Nida Schuetlich for 1,960 yen.

Giolon

Dat pricetag...

Have you purchased any B rated preowned figures? What do they really consider B grade?

I bought this Klan Klang from a second hand shop in Akihabara, that had a list of "problems" with the figure as long as your arm. I had a friend read off the list for me and it was very worrying "discoloration, knicks, box damage" etc. etc. I asked to inspect it, and they let me unpackage the whole thing, and give all the parts a once over. You know what I found? One slightly yellowish spot on her butt, about the size of a BB and only visible if you're within about 12 inches (and of course, looking at her bottom). B/c of all this, she was about 3000 yen cheaper than anywhere else that had her:

I paid 5500 yen for this heavily "damaged" figure. Japan has incredibly high standards for used goods. I'd expect a "B" grade figure to be just about good as new by American standards.

johnsmith

remember me
So apparently Yamato changed their name to Arcadia. Weird. I really like their work and they're my 2nd favorite company. I hope they're not in any kind of financial trouble.
http://www.macrossworld.com/4283/farewell-yamato-hello-arcadia-of-my-youth/

I've never seen anybody post this yet, so here's our Wall of Shame

1. SUPARSTARX
  2. johnsmith
  3. _dementia
  4. Dabookerman
  5. LiK
  6. cajunator
  7. Barrow Roll
  8. NEO0MJ
  9. Razgriz-Specter
  10. Ragingnight

So apparently Yamato changed their name to Arcadia. Weird. I really like their work and they're my 2nd favorite company. I hope they're not in any kind of financial trouble.
http://www.macrossworld.com/4283/farewell-yamato-hello-arcadia-of-my-youth/

I've never seen anybody post this yet, so here's our Wall of Shame

1. SUPARSTARX
  2. johnsmith
  3. _dementia
  4. Dabookerman
  5. LiK
  6. cajunator
  7. Barrow Roll
  8. NEO0MJ
  9. Razgriz-Specter
  10. Ragingnight