• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

The base for Black Canary is not doing much for me. I find it a bit distracting.

What is the general consensus about the quality of Orchidseed figures? They have illustrations for a Lineage II dark elf and Fiona from Border Break but no release date. I've read that they are notoriously slow when it comes to finishing figures, something like 2 years from announcement to availability but are they worth it?

Thinking whether or not I should wait for their versions or just buy them both.

That's some nice Fiona art. :O

BadWolf

If one were to get a Mai Shiranui figure, do you guys think it would be better to go for the Kinu Nishimura one (nab it used some time) or the new KOFXIII one (the one that's up for preorder)?

(I know I said I wouldn't because they are kinda kinky but I really want a KOF figure and Mai is the best bet when it comes to quality).

johnsmith

remember me
If one were to get a Mai Shiranui figure, do you guys think it would be better to go for the Kinu Nishimura one (nab it used some time) or the new KOFXIII one (the one that's up for preorder)?

(I know I said I wouldn't because they are kinda kinky but I really want a KOF figure and Mai is the best bet when it comes to quality).

Go with whichever one you think looks better. Personally it's the Max Factory Nishimura one all the way. She's huge and very well made. Definitely worth it. Just be sure to avoid eBay due to bootlegs. Keep an eye on amiami's preowned section or mandarake.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I really like the look of the new Alphamax Mai, actually. The Nishimura one is a classic, but I think the new Mai is the best one since the Max Factory one. I really like KOFXIII's new design for her, too.

Speaking of Fiona look at this art from the other Raita(valkyria chronicles etc.) I'd be all over a figure of that.
UJ7BDGD.jpg

CO_Andy

Noticed e2046 never gets mentioned around here. Despite being a specialty retail for mass produced, custom painted (bootleg) statues, their paint job is undeniably very professional. They even sell their own uniquely molded statues, and sometimes its better than even the official stuff. Take this Taki statue for instance (bought this a couple years ago) --

It's compares rather favorably to all the official statues available (which imo don't look all that great).

They've got their own Nishimura Kinu Morrigan up for pre-order, and it looks pretty good.

BadWolf

Go with whichever one you think looks better. Personally it's the Max Factory Nishimura one all the way. She's huge and very well made. Definitely worth it. Just be sure to avoid eBay due to bootlegs. Keep an eye on amiami's preowned section or mandarake.

I really like the look of the new Alphamax Mai, actually. The Nishimura one is a classic, but I think the new Mai is the best one since the Max Factory one. I really like KOFXIII's new design for her, too.

You guys aren't making the choice any easier lol.

The pics johnsmith posted of his Kinu Nishimura Mai were actually the one's that pushed me over the edge to try and delve into this hobby. Her huge size is definitely a plus and Kinu's style is ace.

At the same time though I'm a huge XIII fan and also really like her bare back design there and that version of the figure makes her body/skin look and feel very gentle.

You guys aren't making the choice any easier lol.

The pics johnsmith posted of his Kinu Nishimura Mai were actually the one's that pushed me over the edge to try and delve into this hobby. Her huge size is definitely a plus and Kinu's style is ace.

At the same time though I'm a huge XIII fan and also really like her bare back design there and that version of the figure makes her body/skin look and feel very gentle.

could always get this mai (preorder)

or this

chrono01

The only reason I'd say not to get Max Factory's Mai is because it's OOP, and thus, quite difficult to track down [at least it is "new"]. -_-

I have AlphaMax's Mai [Red Ver.] on pre-order, and while she doesn't look quite as nice as MF's version, I think I'll be happy/content with it.

Mikhal

I was in this same exact predicament a couple of months ago. I was relatively new to figure collecting and wanted to get a good KOF figure. I had settled on the Alphamax Mai since the Max Factory one was OOP, but I was still undecided on whether to go for the classic red/white or the awesome black/gold alternate. Weeks of deliberation later and still undecided, I saw that Amiami had a used Max Factory Mai in stock and jumped at it without a thought. Figure finally arrived on Thursday. Not disappointed at all.

Answer: Get both. Hunt down Red/White Max Factory. Preorder Black/Gold Alphamax. If you only want one, go Max Factory.

Trying to decide if it's worth it to get the Metal Gear Rising ltd edition with the Play Arts white Raiden. It's £99...
Should have ordered with the 10% off offer they had, probs can wait for it to drop in price ala the HD collection though...they did say they will be 20,000 copies made...kinda doubt too many people will buy it especially for £99. Unless you can't wait to play the game like me XD, I did at least use a 10% off and Zavvi's crappy reward scheme points.

Zampano

Should have ordered with the 10% off offer they had, probs can wait for it to drop in price ala the HD collection though...they did say they will be 20,000 copies made...kinda doubt too many people will buy it especially for £99. Unless you can't wait to play the game like me XD, I did at least use a 10% off and Zavvi's crappy reward scheme points.

That's a good idea. I want to play day one so might wait and then double dip with the inevitable price drop.

Now I'm even more uncertain lol.

That Mai in black does look rather nice and that detail (especially on the legs, knee area) is so sweet on Kinu's.

Guess its a good thing one is a few months away and the other will require hunting, decision will be tough.

her face kept me away from her. i might get her if i ever find a good deal, otherwise not. mai has many figures, but i've never seen a figure that could match her sprite personality. it's a pity.

LiK

Trying to decide if it's worth it to get the Metal Gear Rising ltd edition with the Play Arts white Raiden. It's £99...

i preordered it. better deal than getting him with the JPN LE.

Yeah, that is one of the two I was referring to. Can't decide between it and the Kinu Nishimura one.

Kinu one is super cute. looks better in person, imo.

i dunno if the new one is worth the price.

BadWolf

The right choice would be both if you could afford it =P

I'd rather not tbh since my budget is limited and I'd rather vary the characters I get.

The only reason I'd say not to get Max Factory's Mai is because it's OOP, and thus, quite difficult to track down [at least it is "new"]. -_-

I have AlphaMax's Mai [Red Ver.] on pre-order, and while she doesn't look quite as nice as MF's version, I think I'll be happy/content with it.

I was in this same exact predicament a couple of months ago. I was relatively new to figure collecting and wanted to get a good KOF figure. I had settled on the Alphamax Mai since the Max Factory one was OOP, but I was still undecided on whether to go for the classic red/white or the awesome black/gold alternate. Weeks of deliberation later and still undecided, I saw that Amiami had a used Max Factory Mai in stock and jumped at it without a thought. Figure finally arrived on Thursday. Not disappointed at all.

Answer: Get both. Hunt down Red/White Max Factory. Preorder Black/Gold Alphamax. If you only want one, go Max Factory.

Kinu one is super cute. looks better in person, imo.

i dunno if the new one is worth the price.

Yeah that's a good point, the MF version is highly regarded even years after release so its a very safe bet. The AM Mai might be hit or miss upon release but even in non bullshots it looks really good and slender (warning, lots of butt shots): http://www.moeyo.com/2012/12/review_alphamax_kof_mai_red_black.html

The black and gold AM definitely looks a lot more striking than the red.

her face kept me away from her. i might get her if i ever find a good deal, otherwise not. mai has many figures, but i've never seen a figure that could match her sprite personality. it's a pity.

It really is, I was hoping to find something with more character in the beginning as well but after looking it seems that all sculptors think of when they think Mai is T&A. And if you're not looking at Mai then there isn't much else decent out there for SNK (aside from maybe that Vanessa).

SUPARSTARX

I caved and bought Play Arts Kai arkham city batman and catwoman at katsucon. But it is only because I was able to preview like half a dozen of them to check for bad painting qc before cherry picking the good ones lol

Also got sh figuarts perfect cell to go with my goku and vegeta

johnsmith

remember me
Just paid for Velvet. This was always one of my top figures that I never thought I'd own because the prices were so crazy before the rerelease. If anybody wants her, keep checking amiami, as a few extras almost always pop up after release.

LiK

Just paid for Velvet. This was always one of my top figures that I never thought I'd own because the prices were so crazy before the rerelease. If anybody wants her, keep checking amiami, as a few extras almost always pop up after release.

she's a gorgeous figure. wish she was in scale with the Alter figures but still pretty gorgeous from all angles.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Anyone know a good place to get the Enterbay Michael Jordan figure (#45 one that came out in HK recently) ? I noticed eBay prices dropped from around 800ish to $550+ now. If anyone knows of another place to get them reliably, please let me know. Thanks.

Takuan

It says "Starless".

A quick google points to a VN.

I just skimmed through all of the episodes, and it is frigging hilarious. In episode one, this "Marie" lady takes a dude's virginity via her butthole. When asked why she went straight to the arse, she says something along the lines of "I haven't shat in days, maybe this will help". Gold!

"Anal sex while constipated is the best" is an actual sub.

I just skimmed through all of the episodes, and it is frigging hilarious. In episode one, this "Marie" lady takes a dude's virginity via her butthole. When asked why she went straight to the arse, she says something along the lines of "I haven't shat in days, maybe this will help". Gold!

"Anal sex while constipated is the best" is an actual sub.

Ahahaha!

Holy shit! Seriously?

No pun intended btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom