• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I see a bunch of figures for Muvluv but is there a good one of Chobi/Tarisa Manandal? Preferably in that cat ear waitress outfit.
Hell Id buy two!

I see a bunch of figures for Muvluv but is there a good one of Chobi/Tarisa Manandal? Preferably in that cat ear waitress outfit.
Hell Id buy two!

None that I have seen.

anyone know if the mechs made by Volks are any good?
IMG_6793.JPG

Definitely want the Jolly Rogers F-14

BadWolf

Ok last question, on average how much does shipping on a figure usually run?

Ordered twice so far:

1. Ordered Momohime from Amiami and the shipping was about $15 (regular SAL, cheapest option)

2. Ordered two from Hobby Link (Revoltech Jigen and Lupin), and the shipping was about $10 total for both (sent as one package, regular SAL).

Iirc if I had ordered just one of the two from Hobby Link then the shipping would have been about $8.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Crap quality Jay Cee figure pictures I took. The mask doesn't seem to fit in her hand very snugly- might just change the head to the masked version instead.

7E6j1Krl.jpg
bKaf7Bul.jpg

aeMMrhul.jpg

sca2511

Crap quality Jay Cee figure pictures I took. The mask doesn't seem to fit in her hand very snugly- might just change the head to the masked version instead.

Not feeling the face, but she looks great with the mask on. It might just be her side profile, any chance you can take a picture of the face?

GSC Hitagi and Momohime came in. Excited to get doors for my book shelf so I can finally unbox these suckers.

I think its more because it isn't that great compare to alters. shit I would buy it if it wasn't bleh

I actually grew to like it. I wasn't too sure on Alter's pose, but I really like the detail on it.

Mikhal

hey just wanted to let you guys know that we got a few Max Factory Links at www.nakamatoys.com at retail.

Just received my Link figma in the mail! Thank you!

Got my Dragon Quest Hero soft vinyl figures for DQ 1-4 and 6 from Amiami today as well as Figuarts Zero Shishio Makoto (still waiting for DQ5 hero from Plamoya). My collection more than tripled itself today.

johnsmith

remember me
Just received my Link figma in the mail! Thank you!

Got my Dragon Quest Hero soft vinyl figures for DQ 1-4 and 6 from Amiami today as well as Figuarts Zero Shishio Makoto (still waiting for DQ5 hero from Plamoya). My collection more than tripled itself today.
Can your DQ1 hero stand on his own?

chrono01

http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2013/02/20/belldandy-with-holy-bell/

Looks amazing, but damn the $250 (or so) shipped price gives me pause.

But... I can't imagine that I'm likely to ever find a better Belldandy figure, so I'll probably buy it if I can get an order in.

It's a lot more expensive than I though it would be, but DAMN I want it.

It's going to be a valuable collector's item, as well, and considering this is Max Factory we're talking about, it won't get a re-release [its value will only rise].

I'm going to "sacrifice" a few upcoming releases to make room for her. She'll definitely be worth it.

meijiko

I already decided a while ago that I was going to get it, but damn... I was hoping to cut back on my pre-orders. Hopefully she'll release in the second half of the year, since I have nothing planned for that yet.

Mikhal

Can your DQ1 hero stand on his own?

He can stand. Though it looks like for his left foot he is only standing on his heels. The front part of his foot is very slightly raised off the ground. Was that the problem with yours?

Over $250 after shipping for Belldandy is a bit steep, but I want her regardless. Hope I can get a preorder in. Looks like the figure is individually numbered too so it's only going to go up if I try to get it later down the line.

ZetaEpyon

http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2013/02/20/belldandy-with-holy-bell/

Looks amazing, but damn the $250 (or so) shipped price gives me pause.

But... I can't imagine that I'm likely to ever find a better Belldandy figure, so I'll probably buy it if I can get an order in.

Not surprised at the price - even at 1/10 it's going to be a pretty large figure, and all that detail. I'm probably in on this one, I've wanted it ever since I heard they were doing a new, smaller repro of the original resin figure.

C-Jo

I just got a cancellation notice from Hobby Search regarding my Raiden Play Arts pre-order.

First time I've had that happen & the last time I do business with them.

I ended up paying 250$ for saber lily to ensure it wasnt a fake.
The fakes were going for 130+

I got mine off mandarake, the site said the box was damage but i couldnt see any visible damage. I checked around in order to tell if its a fake or not, but the box had the official copy right stickers and good company stickers, production stickers and etc. Mine was around 180 in the end.

Jessicat

Got my Dark Magician figure today~

I heard there's an exclusive version coming out with the anime-style colours [purple] but I like this one better, so dodged that bullet :B

...Anyone else collecting the Yu-Gi-Oh figures? ^^; I'm realling looking forward to seeing Bakura and Marik~ [I'd say I'm not a fangirl, but I'd be lying :p]

Ken

Got my Dark Magician figure today~

I heard there's an exclusive version coming out with the anime-style colours [purple] but I like this one better, so dodged that bullet :B

...Anyone else collecting the Yu-Gi-Oh figures? ^^; I'm realling looking forward to seeing Bakura and Marik~ [I'd say I'm not a fangirl, but I'd be lying :p]

I've collected too many YGO cards many years ago to have any money left for even more YGO stuff. u.u

C-Jo

For what reason? Is it selling out like play arts cyborg ninja did?

Seems like it, yeah:

As the number of these "Metal Gear Solid Rising Revengeance Play Arts Kai Raiden"
that we managed to stock had undergone the amount that we had ordered
from our suppliers, we are sadly unable to provide you with the ordered product.

SUPARSTARX

I used to have some of the old DBZ barely-poseable figures that only had moveable arms. I'm so glad Figuarts is doing the DBZ line justice.

I used to have some of the old DBZ barely-poseable figures that only had moveable arms. I'm so glad Figuarts is doing the DBZ line justice.
Oh man I had those too, with plastic clothes so terrible the joints broke after a while -_-, too bad I'm late at getting that SS Vegeta figuarts gotton so expensive.

injurai

Banned
Crappy camera phone pics but =D

AmiAmi has another preowned Elizabeth both condition B and its 42480 JPY, imagine the cost for an S condition =O, what was it's price when it was up for preorder? If around 5400 JPY it's gone up by about 900% (48600 JPY) =O
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=HOB-FIG-9301&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_modeler%3DFumiki+Saitou%24pagemax%3D100%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

those are some wacked out proportions on Raiden..

meijiko

Max Factory Belldandy + Holy Bell up for preorder: http://goodsmile-global.ecq.sc/maxscawd00006.html

Gave in and put in a reservation. Can't pass up the chance on what is almost certainly the best Belldandy figure I'll ever be able to get.

She's up on other sites too, just got her from AmiAmi for 15,200. Though the flat-rate shipping from GSC might be worth paying retail price.

Here's hoping that nothing else decides to release at the same time. She's probably my entire figure budget for that month.

Beth Cyra

Angolz has the Fewture Gokin Getter Dragon up for preorder at 427.50.

Honestly I've never used them before, anyone here have experince with the company?

chrono01

I pre-ordered Belldandy and Holy Bell at AmiAmi.

With the discount [and shipping] she'll be roughly the same as with GSC, but at least with AmiAmi I can have her combined with other items for shipment [since she'll need to be shipped via EMS anyway] and, honestly, GSC's shipping leaves a lot to be desired. -_-

It does seem like a lot to spend on one figure, but I really believe the value of this one will only rise.

EYEL1NER

Since spending a ton in November and December, I haven't even really looked at too many figures (mainly because I knew I needed to save for the vacation I am on). Now that I am going back overseas soon I have started looking again and there is a Griffon Kanu Unchou that I want. Which sucks because I swore off Kanu Unchou figures (I've for more than enough) and I swore off Griffon figures (since I don't like their quality).

Ugh...I'm more than likely going to buy it anyway though.

Jayhawk

A pre-owned Kotobukiya Mitsuru figure showed up on Amiami for about $125. I caved and bought it. :) I preferred the Alter version, but I only see that for sale on Ebay and Amazon... and I don't trust those sellers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom