• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Does anyone ever feel awkward or anxious about their ecchi figures?

nope.
its just something to display.
although my collection doesnt have many overtly ecchi figures.
I try to buy figures with the outfits they appear in on the show.
i have a few exceptions though like Charles Dunois as a bunnygirl.

johnsmith

remember me
does anyone know of any sites that still have Bishoujo Supergirl in stock??

I think you're out of luck on this one. Amiami got a restock about a month ago, but looks like they're all gone. All the US shops seem to be out of stock. The shop that I bought mine from in November no longer has any. Ebay's probably your best shot. You might get lucky on an auction, but some of those are hitting $100. Maybe you'll be able to get her for $80 if you're lucky.

There's one on rakuten, but they'll only ship through EMS, so the final price will be expensive.
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/surugaya-a-too/item/3458922-0/

Or you can try buying her through amazon.jp with a proxy service like http://dv8cag.com/
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B004K1EC40/

^amazon has one for $85. I dunno how much they cost but I highly doubt that is MSRP. plamoya $80
MSRP is $60, so prices aren't too bad yet, at least compared to Catwoman and Rogue.

I think you're out of luck on this one. Amiami got a restock about a month ago, but looks like they're all gone. All the US shops seem to be out of stock. The shop that I bought mine from in November no longer has any. Ebay's probably your best shot. You might get lucky on an auction, but some of those are hitting $100. Maybe you'll be able to get her for $80 if you're lucky.

There's one on rakuten, but they'll only ship through EMS, so the final price will be expensive.
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/surugaya-a-too/item/3458922-0/

Or you can try buying her through amazon.jp with a proxy service like http://dv8cag.com/
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B004K1EC40/

blarghhh thanks for the help, I've been meaning to pull the trigger on her for like the past month because I saw she was slowly becoming out of stock everywhere . This is what I get for waiting

Here are two pics of the White Play Arts Kai Raiden,really happy with how he turned out.

8db218a0-63f8-4b5d-8629-6c0942014309.jpg

8334c634-2803-4b94-9a74-58388b261a52.jpg

.GqueB.

Banned
I don't collect these but I plan on owning this at some point in my life:

900895_press01-001.jpg

I know it's an older model but it's fucking beautiful.

Ironman 3 spoilers:

May also considering the new full sized war machine figurine as well if that ever comes out. There's a model on hottoys right now but it's just the bust last I checked.

NEO0MJ

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/900895_press01-001.jpg

If you're willing to wait they'll release die-cast versions of Iron Man's armor.

So, preorder is open for the EX Gokin Getter G trio.

http://artstorm.co.jp/exgokin_getterdragon.html

http://artstorm.co.jp/exgokin_getterliger.html

http://artstorm.co.jp/exgokin_getterposeidon.html

Part of me wants to wait in hope of Getter Robo Armageddon colors but the other part will slap me silly if I waste the chance to get them, especially Dragon. What to do...

getterg.jpg

LiK

i got so much Sideshow reward points accumulated that I'm able to get the Iron Man 3 Hot Toys figure for free. heh.

SUPARSTARX

i got so much Sideshow reward points accumulated that I'm able to get the Iron Man 3 Hot Toys figure for free. heh.

Damn nice :O

I've only been collecting for a bit under two years. I didn't get everything off sideshow but I've got about $100 in rewards and a little bit more pending.

Jessicat

Does anyone ever feel awkward or anxious about their ecchi figures?
I don't really have this problem since I don't collect female figures...would be interesting to see ecchi male figures for a change though, rofl

Also! If anyone here collects SMT-related figures, FuRyu has announced the next demon in their "Real Figure" series; Satan! [no colour pics yet]
Apparently it's almost 30cm/12" tall! It looks even longer o.o
Release Date: August 31, 2013
Pre-Order Link: Big in Japan
Source: Plastikitty
I have most of the figures from this set [except Thor, he's not cool enough :B], not sure if I want this obnoxiously huge beast sitting with the rest of my collection or not...
I think only Big in Japan got the last figure set for pre-orders too [Black Frost/Mokoi/Mothman], but I just checked the item listing and the pre-orders are sold out ._.; Glad I nabbed one, but it sucks that they don't seem to be selling anywhere else o_O

LiK

Damn nice :O

I've only been collecting for a bit under two years. I didn't get everything off sideshow but I've got about $100 in rewards and a little bit more pending.

I was a bit annoyed I couldn't use the points on Black Widow but I'm happy with Iron Man. Kinda weird what they will restrict points on with preorders.

excellent choice! I have the other Hitagi with her standing up.
Also you are already too late.
The only future for your wallet is suffering.

i work 90-100 hour workweeks.
I live at the office.

Haha, near enough the same. Lots of overtime + don't own a car + don't have a GF = All the money for me.

The great thing about figures is that they don't consume time.

LiK

Yeah I need space. I still have a lot of boxed up stuff.

Seriously, when the weather is better and all the snow melts here, then I'll be selling a lot of figures for space. If you guys are interested in what I'm selling just PM and I'll PM you a list of stuff I'm sellin once I figure out which one I'm selling.

SUPARSTARX

Seriously, when the weather is better and all the snow melts here, then I'll be selling a lot of figures for space. If you guys are interested in what I'm selling just PM and I'll PM you a list of stuff I'm sellin once I figure out which one I'm selling.

I know whatcha mean! I've been looking to downsize into a few small lines of collectibles like Hot Toys, Bishoujo and a few other 1/6,1/7,1/8 pvc statues.

LiK

I know whatcha mean! I've been looking to downsize into a few small lines of collectibles like Hot Toys, Bishoujo and a few other 1/6,1/7,1/8 pvc statues.

Yea, I went through a fever of being a completist and that was a bad idea. Got so many sealed figures taking up space. Would be nice to finally get rid of them and hopefully sell them for the same price I paid for or more.

shuri

Banned
White Play Arts Kai Raiden, WHERE CAN I BUY THIS? I cant find shit online! AAH!!

edit: seems i can buy it from the konami style store, but thats all in japanese :S HELP PLZ

cajunator

Banned
Yea, I went through a fever of being a completist and that was a bad idea. Got so many sealed figures taking up space. Would be nice to finally get rid of them and hopefully sell them for the same price I paid for or more.

Yeah I bought a nice curio and it is completely filled up and I still have several figures left to display, some of which are pretty sizeable.

BadWolf

Just started and almost fell into this trap but then I figured I'd set up some rules for myself and came up with these:

- must be a great figure that I wouldn't want to sell
- must be of a character I actually know and like
- kinkiness to the minimum

I can be lenient in some regards but overall I'm sticking to those and by doing so it seems that this hobby will be a lot more affordable and manageable than I initially thought.

Throw a pm my way when you can dude :)

And yeah, space is a major issue.

Giolon

I want to know what you're selling!

Lik are you gonna mark your packages as "Gifts" =P? Just kidding lol.
Cutting back on the figure spending XD, as much as I can now, should be getting billed by AmiAmi later this month. Need to stay outta that preowned section lmao.
Edit: Won't mind a PM to look at your stuff though =D

LiK

Don't worry guys, i'll send the list when it's ready. Gonna need time to catalog them and also look them up on MFC so you guys can easily see what they look like.

Sykotik

I have most of the figures from this set [except Thor, he's not cool enough :B], not sure if I want this obnoxiously huge beast sitting with the rest of my collection or not...
I think only Big in Japan got the last figure set for pre-orders too [Black Frost/Mokoi/Mothman], but I just checked the item listing and the pre-orders are sold out ._.; Glad I nabbed one, but it sucks that they don't seem to be selling anywhere else o_O

I'm really interested in this Satan fig. I went to the biginjap site and it says it's only around $15? That doesn't seem right to me. Is that for an unpainted one, or what?

I don't know any of the figure lingo, so I'm kind of at a loss here.

meijiko

I'm really interested in this Satan fig. I went to the biginjap site and it says it's only around $15? That doesn't seem right to me. Is that for an unpainted one, or what?

That's the right price, and it will be painted. It's in line with the other SMT Real figures.

Real cost will probably be when shipping comes into play, though.

Jeff-DSA

900895_press01-001.jpg

Ironman 3 spoilers:

May also considering the new full sized war machine figurine as well if that ever comes out. There's a model on hottoys right now but it's just the bust last I checked.

Woah, I'd want that too. Looks really nice.

Jessicat

Yep, as stated above, the figure will be painted; it's a prize figure, so outside of pre-ordering it, good luck finding a place selling it :p That was around the price for the other figures in the sets as well, except for the 3-figure one coming out in March, that one cost about $30. Shipping will probably be obnoxiously high, as the box is huge, plus there's usually packaging around the box to protect it too, but the boxes are well designed so no worries about the figure bouncing around in transit.

It's weird that in the past the sets has 2 figures per iteration, [Thor & Shiva, Kerberos & Lucifer, Loki & Beelzebub, etc] makes me wonder if the other half of the set isn't being offered online at all to keep it more rare? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom