• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
A couple of new Megahouse Chie pictures. This is the Chie we have been waiting for.
ivnEcIf3d0wOx.jpg

iGXuGnt0VdFb.jpg

iIv9wRnzbzYQE.jpg

LadyRiven

I have also given in and ordered Belldandy with Holy Bell. It's funny because I had a friend who built the garage kit version about 10 years ago and I remember thinking how amazing it was (and how annoying that I couldn't get a pre-painted version of it).

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I won't get my 3A REX until after the 1 year anniversary of its preordering passes, April 18th.

Hell, I might turn 29 before I get it (June Bday).

Takuan

3A Blog said:
ThreeA is proud to announce it’s collaboration with Marvel Comics. That’s right! The house of ideas that is Marvel Comics and ThreeA, are putting their combined talents together to bring you one epic line of 1/6 figures.

The line will consist of classic Marvel characters re-imagined by artist Ashley Wood in the ThreeA style. All the Marvel goodness that you already know and love, with an extra added twist. Releases will start in 2013.
“To get the chance to play with Marvel Comics awesome characters is kinda mind blowing” – Ashley Wood
This is fricking huge for any Ashley Wood fans. I loved his take on the Zaku and can't wait to see what he does with Doom/Wolvie/Iron Man.

Not particularly great for purists, since Wood changes things up quite a bit.

That Blastoise looks way better than I thought it would... I thought Mewtwo and Charizard would be the end of my D-Arts Pokemon collection, but apparently not.

Torraz

Damn, got just an email from amiami that the Ikaruga figure is delayed until April. Guess that means that it won't be shipping with Senran Kagura Shinova Versus at the end of April then :(.

johnsmith

remember me
I want Chie so bad.

Is the Megahouse Rise or Wave Rise preferrable?
They're both good and about the same size. But hard to say until the Megahouse one is released. But the Wave one pops up on preowned sites for around 6,000 yen, so its cheaper if you can find it.

i need to take a pic. Got BRS (cannon), Milla (ToX) this week. Next week should be Dead Master (original), Gertrude (Strike Witches) and maybe Saber (blue sword version).

cajunator

Banned
I got mine off mandarake, the site said the box was damage but i couldnt see any visible damage. I checked around in order to tell if its a fake or not, but the box had the official copy right stickers and good company stickers, production stickers and etc. Mine was around 180 in the end.

I got saber lily in mint condition.
perfect box. never opened.
She is one of my favorite figures.

LiK

Anyone own Play Arts's Sam from Vanquish?
Just finished the game and really liked his design.

yup, great figure. his alt head with his face is fucked up Play-Arts style but i keep it on with the helmet so he looks badass. he only comes with one gun tho which blows.

meijiko

Should discontinued figures command a premium?

It entirely depends on the popularity of the character and the general appeal of the figure itself. Aftermarket prices normally stay around retail, unless the figure was really popular or an exclusive/limited release. If it was an unpopular figure you might find it for much cheaper in the aftermarket.

This particular one seems to be in the 4-5k yen range when it shows up pre-owned.

Does anyone ever feel awkward or anxious about their ecchi figures?

I would say it depends on what the character is trying to do. Like the one above, she's basically doing nothing but bending over showing fanny and arse.

Kinda loses the appeal to me. There are loads of scantily clad female figures, but for the most part, the poses aren't overtly sexual.

That's why I have a hard time liking Super Sonico figures. I like the design of the character, but most of them are just too sexual for my liking.

Ken

Thanks guys haha it's blocked by the proxy T_T

I was thinking about trying to find this figure...but its a bit ecchi O_O
(I love it though!)

Should discontinued figures command a premium?

That's Amigami right? I thought about pre-ordering it once and then thought it was better that I didn't lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom