• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Komugi Nakahara figure arrived yesterday.

got Kuroyukihime too but I wont unbox her until tomorrow.
xIUcn9M.jpg

So... I ordered an eva figure from animeharu.com a month ago, and it's still marked as being processed for shipping.

I left several message via the help request form, and then an actual e-mail, and then tried calling the company to only get a robot voice that sounds like it's saying "anim-store" and then two rings on "customer service" before asking me to leave a voicemail.

Should..

Should.... I... call the bank and change my credit card?

So... I ordered an eva figure from animeharu.com a month ago, and it's still marked as being processed for shipping.

I left several message via the help request form, and then an actual e-mail, and then tried calling the company to only get a robot voice that sounds like it's saying "anim-store" and then two rings on "customer service" before asking me to leave a voicemail.

Should..

Should.... I... call the bank and change my credit card?

never heard of that store, check myfigurecollection to see if they have a review of the store.

never heard of that store, check myfigurecollection to see if they have a review of the store.
They do not! :I

Maaaaaaybe they are new and terrible, or maybe they are going out of business and terrible.

They still take the time to update their front page with new releases, at least.

And uhhhhh...

I just saw this on twitter:

Sakky (Sarah) Forde ‏@SailorAstera - May 1st
My credit info was stolen. Primary suspect is http://AnimeHaru.com because a friend also had her info stolen after buying there.

Edit: Ah christ, google says bad, bad things. Time to change my card and hope it doesn't ruin preorders on a million different sites.

What stores did you preorder from? Most of the ones I use don't require payment until it's ready to ship, so that's when you should be able to put i your CC info. Even better, use paypal.
Nothing too serious. I probably just need to make the rounds of amazon, paypal and newegg, and then change the card on file for a pre-order on crunchyroll.

There's always the fear that I'll forget something, but I guess the worst case scenario is I get an e-mail that my order couldn't be processed.

Well, WORST case scenario is I do nothing, and get a mysterious $5000 charge from Eastern Europe a few months from now. I guess I'll call the customer service number first thing in the morning.

I knew finding that figure on there, after it was out of stock everywhere else, was too good to be true!

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I don't collect these but I plan on owning this at some point in my life:

900895_press01-001.jpg

I know it's an older model but it's fucking beautiful.

Ironman 3 spoilers:

May also considering the new full sized war machine figurine as well if that ever comes out. There's a model on hottoys right now but it's just the bust last I checked.

Do it, the Hot Toys Iron Man figures are universally gorgeous and amazing. Can't wait for the Mark VII.

hayejin

They do not! :I

Maaaaaaybe they are new and terrible, or maybe they are going out of business and terrible.

They still take the time to update their front page with new releases, at least.

And uhhhhh...

I just saw this on twitter:

Sakky (Sarah) Forde ‏@SailorAstera - May 1st
My credit info was stolen. Primary suspect is http://AnimeHaru.com because a friend also had her info stolen after buying there.

Edit: Ah christ, google says bad, bad things. Time to change my card and hope it doesn't ruin preorders on a million different sites.

I had similar post made in this thread last year about that site.

Days after I preordered at that site my cc company called to ask about tons of fraudulent charges and had to cancel my credit card. Also not only do they charge right away for preorders but they have BS 15% cancellation fee so I couldn't even cancel my order without losing money. So I waited until their promised release date and they still haven't shipped it so I emailed CS and told them to refund without any cancellation fee since they are the ones failing to deliver on promised date. They stalled for three weeks saying they will ahip it following week blah blah but I finally called my cc company and had my transaction reversed.
Oddly enough that site did refund my money later.

So yeah stay far away and make sure you're not charged the BS 15% cancellation fee.

I had similar post made in this thread last year about that site.

Days after I preordered at that site my cc company called to ask about tons of fraudulent charges and had to cancel my credit card. Also not only do they charge right away for preorders but they have BS 15% cancellation fee so I couldn't even cancel my order without losing money. So I waited until their promised release date and they still haven't shipped it so I emailed CS and told them to cancel without any cancellation fee since they are the ones failing to deliver on promised date. They stalled for three weeks and I finally called my cc company and had my transaction reversed.
I never knew the world of decadent anime figures could be so shady.

So I didn't want to wait until morning, and called my credit card company about it. Apparently they charged my card for the item immediately (which is contrary to their "charge when ships" information on their site), but from "animezanime.com" instead of "animeharu.com"

I looked at the site and it APPEARS about as legitimate as animeharu's page does, and I assume it's got the same backend behind it. It makes me wonder if they have a handful of anime domains, all pulling the same scam.

The good news, at any rate, is that my credit card company was nice enough to put in a dispute for the charge and issue a new account number.

I just think of how few people there are buying specialty anime goods, and if they are legitimate scammers instead of just incompetent retailers, wouldn't their efforts be more profitable if they were selling fake penis pills instead?

hayejin

You also have to watch out for bootlegs, though those are easy enough to avoid as long as you stick to certain sites.

I once had amazon third party seller ship me a bootleg. It was creators labo rei figure. Returned it after I saw a site comparing genuine and bootleg and saw what i got was a pure knock off. They also wanted to charge me restock fee but I raised hell with amazon customer service and got my money back plus the return shipping I had to pay to ship that bootleg back.

I once had amazon third party seller ship me a bootleg. It was creators labo rei figure. Returned it after I saw a site comparing genuine and bootleg and saw what i got was a pure knock off. They also wanted to charge me restock fee but I raised hell with amazon customer service and got my money back plus the return shipping I had to pay to ship that bootleg back.

do you remember the 3rd party name?

Part of me likes seeing bootlegs. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the fact that they exist, but some of them look pretty good for being a fakes, you know? I found this Samus on ebay:

YHIi9nk.jpg

V0m1S3t.jpg

Not awful, but I like to search for what is wrong. The dead giveaway is the neck, plus the knees aren't sharp enough (pun semi intended). The shot effect is also clear instead of pinkish.

LiK

Part of me likes seeing bootlegs. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the fact that they exist, but some of them look pretty good for being a fakes, you know? I found this Samus on ebay:

YHIi9nk.jpg

V0m1S3t.jpg

Not awful, but I like to search for what is wrong. The dead giveaway is the neck, plus the knees aren't sharp enough (pun semi intended). The shot effect is also clear instead of pinkish.

Yea, the long neck ruins it but its a pretty good bootleg.

YHIi9nk.jpg

V0m1S3t.jpg

The issue that I have with bootlegs is when they are not priced as so.

Hero

YHIi9nk.jpg

V0m1S3t.jpg

Wow I saw that "manufacturer defect" Samus Figmas were selling for a lot but never bothered to click to see bigger shots, that's hilarious.

asrttyoxo

Neo Member
Seriously, when the weather is better and all the snow melts here, then I'll be selling a lot of figures for space. If you guys are interested in what I'm selling just PM and I'll PM you a list of stuff I'm sellin once I figure out which one I'm selling.

I'd like to see the list as well. I can shoot a PM if you want.

Mew2

Neo Member
Got it a bit discounted because a mark on the stand but heh...couldn't resist :]

61jktoO7TGL._SL1455_.jpg

61jHESe%2BzxL._SL1455_.jpg

61BYw9WKv9L._SL1455_.jpg

I'm the worst at buying figures...always feel so guilty T_T

Anyone know why the Volks Muv Luv stuff is so expensive? Rarity?
Mechs are all going for like $150.
the human trading figure(4.5in) sets are going for $250.

cajunator

Banned
Wow, that's gorgeous.

Guilty why, the price?
Or from giving in to your saucy desires...
pimpxf7.gif

There is absolutely no guilt involved in owning a figure of XiaoMei.
Why is her base clear? Mine has a white base with "Shining Hearts" on it.
Oh wait, thats the promo pics isnt it?

Mew2

Neo Member
There is absolutely no guilt involved in owning a figure of XiaoMei.
Why is her base clear? Mine has a white base with "Shining Hearts" on it.
Oh wait, thats the promo pics isnt it?

Yeah I have the white base, just got these because they were high res and really show how beautiful this figure is XD

Did you pay much for yours? if you don't mind me asking :p Just trying to justify buying more figures with my budget

cajunator

Banned
Yeah I have the white base, just got these because they were high res and really show how beautiful this figure is XD

Did you pay much for yours? if you don't mind me asking :p Just trying to justify buying more figures with my budget

I bought her at a local anime convention for about $90 I think. The guy sells figures from a small online store so the prices were probably a bit high.
She is well worth 90 bucks though. Like you said, she's GORGEOUS.

I'm jotting down names.

Hey, I just started this horrible money draining hobby and would like to be added to this list to boost my collection, if you don't mind selling to a Junior. Got a little bit of feedback in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread if you're weary about selling to someone who never posts.

LiK

Hey, I just started this horrible money draining hobby and would like to be added to this list to boost my collection, if you don't mind selling to a Junior. Got a little bit of feedback in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread if you're weary about selling to someone who never posts.
I'm okay selling to anyone. As long as I receive the payment then you're fine. I will only ship them out after I get the monies anyway. :)

cajunator

Banned

Just dont add it all up. Adding up how much you spend only brings pain and sadness.
Think of it as investments towards your happiness.

BadWolf

Just got a call from home, seems Revoltech Lupin and Jigen have arrived.

And now... the wait for work to end.

Just dont add it all up. Adding up how much you spend only brings pain and sadness.

Well put.

I'm okay selling to anyone. As long as I receive the payment then you're fine. I will only ship them out after I get the monies anyway. :)

Cool, can't wait to see what you have in stock!

Believe you me, I try not to think about it, and those beautiful Figma Link, Chie, Samus, and Zero Suit Samus figures were completely worth it.

I was wondering, what are the most reliable sites to order from? I've gotten most of mine from Amazon, Play-Asia, and Big Bad Toy Store.

cajunator

Banned
Cool, can't wait to see what you have in stock!

Believe you me, I try not to think about it, and those beautiful Figma Link, Chie, Samus, and Zero Suit Samus figures were completely worth it.

I was wondering, what are the most reliable sites to order from? I've gotten most of mine from Amazon, Play-Asia, and Big Bad Toy Store.

I order the vast amount of my collection from hobby search in japan. They have been pretty reliable and the site is designed pretty well.

meijiko

Amiami is where I get 95% of my figures from. Their website and order system is a little less user-friendly than HobbySearch, but there's nothing wrong with their services. Their pre-order discounts are often quite good.

johnsmith

remember me

I like amiami, much much cheaper than Play-Asia and BBTS, even with shipping from Japan.

Only bad thing is they don't allow cancellations, but that's not a problem for me.

So Nippon-Yasan passed the test with flying colours :)

I got my Velvet figure and JP Metal Gear Rising Premium edition. Didn't get charged customs, and well packaged. Took less than a week as well!

I'll be ordering from them more.

johnsmith

remember me
So Nippon-Yasan passed the test with flying colours :)

I got my Velvet figure and JP Metal Gear Rising Premium edition. Didn't get charged customs, and well packaged. Took less than a week as well!

I'll be ordering from them more.

They're a good store. That's who I use for my Persona exclusives. They're usually the cheapest proxy store, and unlike most others they don't make you pay until its ready to ship.

I order the vast amount of my collection from hobby search in japan. They have been pretty reliable and the site is designed pretty well.

Amiami is where I get 95% of my figures from. Their website and order system is a little less user-friendly than HobbySearch, but there's nothing wrong with their services. Their pre-order discounts are often quite good.

I like amiami, much much cheaper than Play-Asia and BBTS, even with shipping from Japan.

Only bad thing is they don't allow cancellations, but that's not a problem for me.

Thanks! I'm loving these Figmas and I'm looking to get more Persona figures. I'll start here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom