• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronoexe

Kuroyukihime is finally up on my shelf.
Had to move some smaller figures onto my bookcase.
She is a beauty!

OMG I must wait for good smile company >_<

Is that a Dark magician girl in the bottom? please post a photo of your collection

And what a coincidence my Kuroyukihime arrived today

5Xtouv5.jpg

cajunator

Banned
OMG I must wait for good smile company >_<

Is that a Dark magician girl in the bottom? please post a photo of your collection

And what a coincidence my Kuroyukihime arrived today

I saw that Good smile has a Kuroyukihime coming also. I will spring for that one too. If alter makes one of her, make that three! I used to draw characters with butterfly wings occasionally. always liked the idea and Accel World brought the idea to life in a beautiful way with her.

Also yes thats Dark MAgician girl. I will try to take some photos of the current ensemble of figures, but I had to move some of them out of the curio onto my desk and otherwise for lack of space.

That's kind of expensive. She shows up cheaper on mandarake, and seemed to be more common there than the red one when I was hunting it. It's technically the same figure, but I just don't like the blue color as much as the classic red.

wait its common? damn I should keep an eye out then

johnsmith

remember me
Maybe not common, but less popular? I don't really know. But for a limited wonder festival version, it wasn't hard to find on mandarake.

just found this thread, since I'm new, but I am sort of into gunpla. The only problem I had with it was I was hoping for a website that could go over the tools needed to make them look awesome like what sandpaper to use or paint and stuff. If any of you guys know of one that would be awesome for me.

cajunator

Banned
Hatsune Miku, Sumomo, Charles Dunois
am6xZFk.jpg

Kyubey, Saber, Punie Tanaka, Bome magical girl, Bome catgirl, Kuroyukihime figma
BiqBqtC.jpg

BOme Lucia, Bome Eclair and Lumiere from Kiddy Grade, Scrapped Princess Pacifica and Raquel Casull
RJDZIQS.jpg

Galaxy Fraulein Yuna, Catherine Blitzen, Sakura figures, Bome bunnygirl, Lum,
Chii, Minawa, Reiko Holinger
ZDvFrhw.jpg

Hazuki from Moonphase, Eruruu/Aruruu from Utawarerumono
RWxJomv.jpg

Ritsu and Mugi from K-On
c3ErRUD.jpg

Senjougahara, Momohime, Millhiore F Biscotti, Lala Satalin Deviluke, Merry Nightmare, XiaoMei
ZSYDD95.jpg

Kuroyukihime, Komugi Nakahara, Elsie De Lute Irma, Saber Lily
JgsowxL.jpg

Penguin Musume, Dark Magician girl, Madoka, Tsubasa from Bakemonagatari, Poplar Taneshima, Yamada, Ika Musume, Kuroneko
xXqw1P7.jpg

Sayaka, Ultimate Madoka, Homura, Mami, Kyoko
WxACpcM.jpg

Aoba Tsugumi from Kannagi, Michelle, Anita, and Maggie from ROD TV, Holo, Kuroneko, Izumi Sawatari from He is My Master, Stocking, Milfeuille from Galaxy Angel
TO6P8om.jpg

the whole gallery in one link

I know, the lighting in my room sucks.

just found this thread, since I'm new, but I am sort of into gunpla. The only problem I had with it was I was hoping for a website that could go over the tools needed to make them look awesome like what sandpaper to use or paint and stuff. If any of you guys know of one that would be awesome for me.

We have a model thread and a gundam thread.
model thread had lots of tips & tricks if I recall.

cajunator

Banned
Godoka is huuuuuge, Horo is barely visible ¬¬

It looks a little crowded but the display cabinet looks really good.

I like how you organize the figures in this pic.

You are really lucky Charles Dunois is impossible to get, I want one ;___;

Is she hard to find? she came out not that long ago.
I saw that figure and absolutely had to have it.
Im in the process of getting the 5 K-Ons, having gotten Mugi and Ritsu the two most expensive ones, but getting alter versions of the other three will NOT be cheap at this point.
I will pay what I have to and it will likely be over $150 for mio and Azusa and Yui should be the easiest to get.
A couple of the figures cost almost as much as that Curio cabinet >_>

Chronoexe

Is she hard to find? she came out not that long ago.
I saw that figure and absolutely had to have it.
Im in the process of getting the 5 K-Ons, having gotten Mugi and Ritsu the two most expensive ones, but getting alter versions of the other three will NOT be cheap at this point.
I will pay what I have to and it will likely be over $150 for mio and Azusa and Yui should be the easiest to get.
A couple of the figures cost almost as much as that Curio cabinet >_>

Searching Charlotte Dunois...

Oh you are right, now Im depressed because I miss preorders for May re-release ;_;

Amazon has 5 left. From Amazon itself, not a 3rd party seller.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008J27QH6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

O_O thank you, thank you, thank you, she will be here on monday.

She's a cutie with her winking face.

Yes, that's the face that I put her by default XD

cajunator

Banned
Searching Charlotte Dunois...

Oh you are right, now Im depressed because I miss preorders for May re-release ;_;

O_O thank you, thank you, thank you, she will be here on monday.

Yes, that's the face that I put her by default XD

Same here. When I saw that face I had to put that one. SO CUTE.

Regarding Charles, you can find her on Ebay and to my knowledge there is no fake yet produced so there should be little risk of getting a replica.

i figured Ive got some stuff(started in the last couple of months) so I might as well post em now

First thing's first, I currently have these on order

zzsxgak.jpg

8qDuko4.jpg

mfO2sL0.jpg

EmHYFj9.jpg

and now to what I actually have in my house. This is in a bad room until we get everything settled then they're going on to my actual shelf. the my little pony and disney crap is my wifes. Thats also why they're completely unorganized and semi tossed up there, because they're all getting moved soon. Theres also a pile of like 15 more popfigures on the floor below that are in the boxes and just dont have any place to go right now

BL2gEC2.jpg

NcHh2Xg.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
i figured Ive got some stuff(started in the last couple of months) so I might as well post em now

First thing's first, I currently have these on order

mfO2sL0.jpg

Why? Those ame-comi things are so damn ugly. They look like shitty deviant art from people who can't draw worth a damn. Why would anybody spend money on those in a world where the DC bishoujo figures exist?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
kyU3dYG.jpg

As ever, Play Arts Metal Gear figure = sublime.
Everything else is a case by case, but Kojima and co seem to be holding them to some actual good quality clause. Wish the Bayonetta figures that I have were in scale with anything for an almight Platinum Games display but :(

johnsmith

remember me
People should stop liking things that I don't like.

But seriously, there's a lot of stuff in this thread I don't like and just ignore, but the ame-comi stuff I find offensively bad. The fake anime style just infuriates me.

LiK

kyU3dYG.jpg

As ever, Play Arts Metal Gear figure = sublime.
Everything else is a case by case, but Kojima and co seem to be holding them to some actual good quality clause. Wish the Bayonetta figures that I have were in scale with anything for an almight Platinum Games display but :(

So glad they are in scale. I was disappointed with Bayo's scale as well. A rerelease for her for Bayo 2 in scale would be nice.

cajunator

Banned
People should stop liking things that I don't like.

But seriously, there's a lot of stuff in this thread I don't like and just ignore, but the ame-comi stuff I find offensively bad. The fake anime style just infuriates me.

Some people like the pseudo anime style.
Some people dont mind those poseable action figures with the weird knees. that why this thread exists. So people can see what others have and decide if its right for them.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
So glad they are in scale. I was disappointed with Bayo's scale as well. A rerelease for her for Bayo 2 in scale would be nice.

Sam is a little smaller, squatter, so theyre not exact like most Play Arts, but yeah they look good together on my shelf. Bayo's crazy long limbs are always gonna fuck with scale I guess, especially an action figure. I'd guess maybe a statue would be a better fit with these two, but theyre always super expensive and rare :/

I was considering waiting, but the Kotobukiya version of her is just so beautiful, and I figure that 2 Kuroyukihimes are better than one!

Thought about getting the Kotobukiya version, but at the same time I dont work enough :/ just being a poor college kid :( Just ordered Aigis, a few games and deposit for my new lease next year...

But I do agree with you that 2 Kuroyukihimes are better than one :p

meijiko

Those wont come cheap. at least not if you want new ones.
They seem to have reasonably priced used figures. The prices just keep going up though.

Yeah I'm not too concerned with getting them new at this point. It's just a matter of catching them at a good price when I have money to get them.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah I'm not too concerned with getting them new at this point. It's just a matter of catching them at a good price when I have money to get them.

Thats probably best. I work so much and so many extra days lately I might as well just spring for new-in-box stuff. Ive already paid off all three ordered figures and my credit card is 100% clear balance. Thats how I like to do it.

SUPARSTARX

Hot Toys 1/6 Expendables Barney Ross 2.0!

558089_10151291825307344_719522345_n.jpg

555319_10151291825377344_161057554_n.jpg

318206_10151291825597344_1039495445_n.jpg

541453_10151291825902344_1536576873_n.jpg

165993_10151291825852344_768508772_n.jpg

554928_10151291826027344_231806012_n.jpg

382174_10151291826072344_1022904869_n.jpg

11507_10151291826407344_1228433971_n.jpg

Good load of accessories and two outfits. Gonna have to buy extra head + body for it if I do.

On the other hand I am tempted to collect the Django Unchained stuff. Very difficult decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom