• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikhal

unopen seem to be just as good condition as new majority of the time from my experience.

Also 2 new bishoujo announced... well new remodel

psylocke and wonder woman

Yeah. I went with the already opened one to save some money since. Hopefully I don't regret it.

yeah I'm going to be all over psylocke if its done right. I was hoping for an x-23 remodel as well but o well

X-23 and psylocke are probably my favorite female x-men characters.

So I had 2 orders at amiami. Yagyu Gisen from Alter and Niθ ART WORKS artbook. I combined them to see if I could save on shipping. Originally gisen was only 880yen for shiping and the artbook was 1780. Combined shipping was 4310yen since it had to be shipped SAL parcel. So I said oh well, I'll just have the orders split as they were initally but now shipping for Gisen is 1080 and the book is 1980. What kind of BS is that? Does amiami charge a fee for splitting up orders after being combined?

sca2511

Unfortunate Psylocke isn't in her new outfit. I sort of dislike getting the same character twice, but if the poses are amazing, I might consider them.

Thank you all for your comments. I'm preordering the figure and I know I won't be disappointed.

I also recommend the Sword Art Online anime. It's really cool

...I'll have more later but for now, my current Avengers line-up. Iron Man Mark VII soon to be added in May:

ibsRzKxbxtd7na.jpg

Have they ever given a reason why her hair isn't plastic? It really looks out of place with her standing with the rest of the team.
They're using the true-type female figure bodies which have converted to the stranded hair for some time. They do it with nearly all of their female figures anymore (The Batman Rises Catwoman uses the stranded hair as well). I actually don't mind the look. It's just unruly as hell to style on longer haired figures. As I mentioned earlier, the Hot Toys Baby Doll from Sucker Punch was a bitch to deal with!

did you have to mess with her hair at all?
Nope. I was pleasantly surprised with this one. Right out of the box, the hair was already styled perfectly!

anybody ever fix a broken PVC? CC leg was loose...then broken lol. Appears the inner peg support thing in the leg wasn't that great.

edit

just superglued it back and it looks fine. Kinda sad that it was labeled as A/B on amiami and it was broken but I don't think its amiami or shipping fault since there is no visible sign of breakage from the outside.

asrttyoxo

Neo Member
anybody ever fix a broken PVC? CC leg was loose...then broken lol. Appears the inner peg support thing in the leg wasn't that great.

edit

just superglued it back and it looks fine. Kinda sad that it was labeled as A/B on amiami and it was broken but I don't think its amiami or shipping fault since there is no visible sign of breakage from the outside.

You really should have taken a picture and forwarded it to Amiami. Word is that they sometimes don't look in boxes that don't appear to have been opened and things get through that are damaged. If you email them they seem to make it right or at least help you out somewhat.

You really should have taken a picture and forwarded it to Amiami. Word is that they sometimes don't look in boxes that don't appear to have been opened and things get through that are damaged. If you email them they seem to make it right or at least help you out somewhat.

ahhh shit. Well I emailed them about it. O well but in reality as long as the glue works it should be basically be like new. You can't even tell it broke even if you look up close.

Pimpbaa

I'm looking for a 7 inch-ish female figure that will go into this rc vehicle.

1avlphL.jpg

People on RC sites always suggest wrestling figures, but they suck. Looking for something sexy that looks like it can fit the theme of the truck in some way and can be from anime and/or manga too. Has to have some articulation so it will fit. I was actually considering getting the special edition of the recent Tomb Raider just to get the Lara figure, that was just too expensive.

johnsmith

remember me
Just ordered this from amiami. Only 160mm tall, but she only cost 1980 yen, so the price was right.
ibhmLMSt4vli7.jpg

The Etrian Odyssey figure I really want though, is
l50wpbg.png

hayejin

Anyone else who ordered from grandlineshop receive shipping email for Boa Hancock blue figure?

I got invoiced last week and sent in payment but havent received any shipping info. Just wondering as this is first time I ordered from them.

SUPARSTARX

Anyone else who ordered from grandlineshop receive shipping email for Boa Hancock blue figure?

I got invoiced last week and sent in payment but havent received any shipping info. Just wondering as this is first time I ordered from them.

Ya I got my invoice and paid too. Should be shipping out soonish. I've ordered from them a few times already.

hayejin

My 2 X Playarts Metal Gear Rising figures came in thanks to B Killenger @ NakamaToys.

Just like the Samus and Zelda Figmas he sold before, it was really nice of him to charge only retail even though some retailers are charging double on ebay.

Thank you sir!

Does anyone own this lily figure?

It looks gorgeous in the promo pics... but when I search around the web, I find less flattering images, like this:

http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/526469&ref=item:41623

... is that just a bad angle, or maybe a fake? Notice the seam in the bangs, which doesn't seem to be visible in the promo shots.

Can anyone vouch?
I keep seeing it pop up on amiami, and each time I'm so close to snagging it.

no idea so cant say.

new sanya from strike witches

FIG-MOE-9017.jpg

the original sold out super fast and is going for like 160 currently.

johnsmith

remember me
Does anyone own this lily figure?

It looks gorgeous in the promo pics... but when I search around the web, I find less flattering images, like this:

http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/526469&ref=item:41623

... is that just a bad angle, or maybe a fake? Notice the seam in the bangs, which doesn't seem to be visible in the promo shots.

Can anyone vouch?
I keep seeing it pop up on amiami, and each time I'm so close to snagging it.

None of the user pics look particularly good, and her rating is only 8.14/10, which isn't that great. I don't think this has been counterfeited, the seam in the bangs is probably there in the retail versions. Promo pics are often bullshots. But if she's cheap and you still like her, go for it. A lot of times these things look better in real life than in pics.

SUPARSTARX

Ya I got my invoice and paid too. Should be shipping out soonish. I've ordered from them a few times already.

Update: https://twitter.com/TGLShop/status/319339676437729280

@TGLShop
orders are being prepared now, stock is getting bit by bit in now, it should start shipping saterday till next week.

LiK

Hot Toys Avengers Thor arrived. Looks better than pics. Almost have the team complete. Just need Black Widow and Hulk.

The addiction returns, I have returned geek GAF =P:
j5viLu7tKU5mF.JPG

Quality is awesome, Master Stars Piece are quite awesome for their price, got it slightly more expensive from eBay but avoided customs =) but seems I've got it before some people =D
DeBroglie1363966107.jpeg

Not my pic but what the figure looks.
T-T I need to get something to display my figures XD

Hot Toys Avengers Thor arrived. Looks better than pics. Almost have the team complete. Just need Black Widow and Hulk.
Post pics.:) I wasn't a fan of the new face sculpt in the production shots so I'm curious if its nicer in the final.

I skipped him and the Avengers Captain America cause I freaking hated the outfit for Cap in the movie.:(

asrttyoxo

Neo Member
I'm looking for a 7 inch-ish female figure that will go into this rc vehicle.

1avlphL.jpg

People on RC sites always suggest wrestling figures, but they suck. Looking for something sexy that looks like it can fit the theme of the truck in some way and can be from anime and/or manga too. Has to have some articulation so it will fit. I was actually considering getting the special edition of the recent Tomb Raider just to get the Lara figure, that was just too expensive.

What scale is the RC?

You can try a Figma (they are 1/12 scale). They have decent articulation, but generally sit at 160mm high (approx 6.25 inches). There are a ton of them, so you may be able to find something that works.

Figmas on mfc

LiK

Post pics.:) I wasn't a fan of the new face sculpt in the production shots so I'm curious if its nicer in the final.

I skipped him and the Avengers Captain America cause I freaking hated the outfit for Cap in the movie.:(

Not a huge fan of Cap costume redesign either but the Hot Toys figure has his Shield without the damage burns which was the one they used with the first Cap figure. I was wondering why they didn't include a pristine version of his Shield for the first Cap figure.

Not a huge fan of Cap costume redesign either but the Hot Toys figure has his Shield without the damage burns which was the one they used with the first Cap figure. I was wondering why they didn't include a pristine version of his Shield for the first Cap figure.
I'm confused on this one. The new Avengers model includes the damage burned shield and a pristine model from the production shots I saw, no? The original First Avengers Hot Toy figure only has the pristine version of the shield. I'll check to make sure when I go home for lunch today but I'm almost positive there's no damage on the shield at all. I posted a pic of him earlier along with Thor/Black Widow:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=52282413&postcount=8762

Another fan shot:

nuevo-hot-toys-capitan-america-the-freak-list_MPE-O-2969230040_072012.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom