• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on Chogokin Saber...?

FbH8lkh.jpg

I don't really know much about Fate Saber myself, but...dat die-cast, yo.

Having it available on Amazon Prime makes it very tempting...

Edit: I picked up an older Miku Append figma from Mandarake, pretty nice (have too many Miku figmas now lol...I'm done with that until Racing Miku 2013 comes out).

So, even though I thought Skyward Sword was just okay, I did pre-order that RAH Link. Originally on BBTS but then saw it would actually be cheaper to order from Amiami.

Pretty stoked for it.

sca2511

Any thoughts on Chogokin Saber...?

Saber.jpg

I don't really know much about Fate Saber myself, but...dat die-cast, yo.

Having it available on Amazon Prime makes it very tempting...

Edit: I picked up an older Miku Append figma from Mandarake, pretty nice (have too many Miku figmas now lol...I'm done with that until Racing Miku 2013 comes out).
Not great looking from what I see. Few things look off, though I can't put my finger on it.

What's wrong with it? Maybe the pic I posted might not be the greatest (and I'm not too familiar with the source material other than I just see this character everywhere in anime circles) but from what I've read and some reviews I've seen it looks pretty cool. It also has a bunch of accessories, stands, and all that jazz. And I like how Bandai's incorporated die-cast and other features you'd typically find in their Chogokin robots into a character action figure, but I guess that's just me...*shrugs*

Amazon also cut another $5 bucks off from the price...hmmm...

sca2511

What's wrong with it? Maybe the pic I posted might not be the greatest (and I'm not too familiar with the source material other than I just see this character everywhere in anime circles) but from what I've read and some reviews I've seen it looks pretty cool. It also has a bunch of accessories, stands, and all that jazz. And I like how Bandai's incorporated die-cast and other features you'd typically find in their Chogokin robots into a character action figure, but I guess that's just me...*shrugs*

If you love it, go for it. I can't really tell you whats wrong with it, it could be the pose or maybe its the armor for me, not sure. Though looking at other images, it seems you can pose it whichever, so that's a plus.

SERIOUSLY kicking myself for not purchasing this :-(

Honestly the best collector's edition to date in my opinion, I would say it even tops the model that came with the Halo Reach Legendary Edition.

Nice dude! Still tempted every time I see it.

I'd say get it while you can, according to the site it's in "extremely limited supply", the only other time that it was in production was when Brutal Legend was first released if I'm not mistaken. Definitely worth the money though, it's about 17 inches tall and has a fair bit of weight to it.

If you love it, go for it. I can't really tell you whats wrong with it, it could be the pose or maybe its the armor for me, not sure. Though looking at other images, it seems you can pose it whichever, so that's a plus.
Looks like it's best for me to take a wait-and-see approach to see if it'll get cheaper here in the States...looks like the price on it has dropped 35-40% just after a month it's been released in Japan, maybe that'll happen here soon as well.

kiryogi

Banned
Soooooo at an anime convention. Someone is carrying the Ultimate Madoka and 7th 2020 Katanako. 250 and 175 respectively. Ouch. But that looks like the going price on the Web considering they're oop. I'm gonna bite.

They also had the cheerful miku... For 100 lol.

I did pick up the robo;notes Akiho nendo tho. So fucking cute.

sky

Had to go ahead and get a Metis to go with my new Aegis :D

9YAKRPS.jpg

I really like the design on this figure... although I find her a bit difficult to pose, with her glossy finish. Gonna have to get Labrys next. XD

This was my first 'preowned' order from amiami, but it was marked A:A so.... it's essentially brand new.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Ultimate Madoka is on amiami for about 18000 yen/190 dollars including EMS shipping, so 250 is definitely a bit high.

Amazon.co.JP is having a sale on her for 7400 yen/~80 bucks, but isn't available for shipping to the US unless you use a proxy/forwarding service.

Anywho, finally decided to get a few figures myself after lurking the thread for a while, just paid for an Ultimate Madoka Figma (while I decide if I want her big sister) and a pre-owned Saber Lily: Distant Avalon off of Ami, with a High Priestess Rise and Homura Akemi: You are not Alone later on in the pipeline.

Never really thought about buying figures before I saw this thread, but after seeing some of these and how well done they can be, it does seem like a really cool way to express/show your interest in a series.

got my dizzy in last night! incredibly impressed with the sculpt and seriously surprised as to how big she really is, i had to move my jaina solo bishoujo and put her on the next shelf down!

also lol @ rei photobomb at the bottom right.

chrono01

They also had the cheerful miku... For 100 lol.
Cheerful Miku as in this Cheerful Miku?

If so, BUY HER! She's amazing and definitely one of my favorite figures in my collection.

She was also an exclusive [priced at close to 10,000 yen], so $100 for her is a steal. You seriously won't regret it [unless you have a seething hatred for Hatsune Miku, in which case I would ask you: "Why!?"].

johnsmith

remember me

If so, BUY HER! She's amazing and definitely one of my favorite figures in my collection.

She was also an exclusive [priced at close to 10,000 yen], so $100 for her is a steal. You seriously won't regret it [unless you have a seething hatred for Hatsune Miku, in which case I would ask you: "Why!?"].

That's also been bootlegged, so if the price is too good to be true...

kiryogi

Banned

Oh no I meant the nendo... And man I'd love that miku too.

So I bit on the Madoka and Katanako regardless of warning. Mmm instant gratification. I also got a Milla petit nendo off some girls that didn't want her... They wanted Asbel XD

chrono01

That's also been bootlegged, so if the price is too good to be true...

That's true. Bootlegged figures are the evil of the universe!

Oh no I meant the nendo... And man I'd love that miku too.

So I bit on the Madoka and Katanako regardless of warning. Mmm instant gratification. I also got a Milla petit nendo off some girls that didn't want her... They wanted Asbel XD

Ahhh, the Nendoroid. Gotcha, now the price makes more sense.

She's still a nice Nendoroid [she's comes with nice accessories], but yeah, $100 is pretty pricey. You could probably grab her for cheaper off of Mandarake, but then you would have to pay shipping costs [so it might end up costing close to $100 anyway -_-].

Congrats on Ultimate Madoka and Katanako. Ultimate Madoka is a Goddess, and Katanako is definitely one of my favorite figures of 2012. She turned out...incredible, and I'm really excited for Hacker [and their upcoming Hatsune Miku].

kiryogi

Banned
That's true. Bootlegged figures are the evil of the universe!And

Ahhh, the Nendoroid. Gotcha, now the price makes more sense.

She's still a nice Nendoroid [she's comesp with nice accessories], but yeah, $100 is pretty pricey. You could probably grab her for cheaper off of Mandarake, but then you would have to pay shipping costs [so it might end up costing close to $100 anyway -_-].

Congrats on Ultimate Madoka and Katanako. Ultimate Madoka is a Goddess, and Katanako is definitely one of my favorite figures of 2012. She turned out...incredible, and I'm really excited for Hacker [and their upcoming Hatsune Miku].

Man I had to take her box to my car ASAP. Lugging her around was no joke.

And lol, I was looking at Katanako reviews just now and apparently she's really detailed else's where lol. Score I guess... And yes I'm waiting for Miku 2020 hardcore .

LadyRiven

Figure collectors can be extremely particular about the looks of figures, especially the way the face is sculpted. Mainly because collecting figures is such an expensive hobby, you have to choose your purchases wisely. In the case of a character like Saber, who has hundreds of figures, you can be really picky!

That being said, if you really do love that Saber and she's a good price for your budget, then get her. :)

Figure collectors can be extremely particular about the looks of figures, especially the way the face is sculpted. Mainly because collecting figures is such an expensive hobby, you have to choose your purchases wisely. In the case of a character like Saber, who has hundreds of figures, you can be really picky!

That being said, if you really do love that Saber and she's a good price for your budget, then get her. :)

Bingo: the price plays a huge factor in the hobby. When you're paying as much as you do for most figures (US$40 and upwards), everything is an investment and you expect your money's worth.

the 7th dragon samurai would be an instant purchase but for me personally I always pay attention to the neck. It just bother me despite the source material being correct.

kiryogi

Banned
Being that I actually played 2020 played a big part for me... The bonuses on it underneath are icing on the cake ahem.

I'm torn about that cheerful miku nendo. I can't justify owning it as I already have the original 1.0 miku nendo. But dem accessories... Lol

Hello GAF.

I'm new to the collecting action figures hobby. I still don't own any, but I wanted to start with this figure

PRE1933_1.jpg

I wanted to ask you if Figma action figures are of good quality and if its a good idea to preorder or to wait until theya re released.

Thank you all

Hello GAF.
I wanted to ask you if Figma action figures are of good quality and if its a good idea to preorder or to wait until theya re released.
Thank you all
Figma is great and pre-ordering is (imho) your best bet because figures usually get infinitely more expensive as time goes on.

Also that figure is fantastic, I kinda want to get it myself even though I haven't seen Sword Art Online yet. A friend is getting it, and we both are gaga over it because one of the poses you can put her in has an animation-smear quality to it.

sky

Hello GAF.

I'm new to the collecting action figures hobby. I still don't own any, but I wanted to start with this figure

Thank you all

Yeah figma are great, and usually come with cool accessories.
The only thing that initially surprised me about them is how small they are. From looking at the pics I imagined them bigger, but they're fairly dainty.
But that just means you can fit more on your shelf >:}

Nice looking figure, which reminds me -- I really need to watch Sword Art Online!

Keylow415

I thiiiink he got (will get) it from here?

I rushed to amiami as soon as I saw that picture, then saw it was sold out. It's going for $100+ on eBay already. :c

Figinstock.com, please grant my christmas wish.

That sucks its already sold out. These people on eBay are trying to rip people off of theses figure's it's crazy

Hello GAF.

PRE1933_1.jpg

Thank you all
Personally I like them, a tad bit small around the size of a soda/pop can. I feel like figmas offended become harder to find and more expensive as time goes on so your best bet is to preorder now. I also have asuna preorder :p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
guys, i'm about to buy the legacy morpher and megazord off toysrus.com. Someone stop me before my college student self spends 120 dollars on power ranges memorabilia.

cajunator

Banned
Do not want... the face looks really weird.

But this Saber, on the other hand... <3

cgQkWps.jpg

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-8479

Oh man. shes gorgeous. I already have a Saber Lily but....SHES GORGEOUS.

Man I had to take her box to my car ASAP. Lugging her around was no joke.

And lol, I was looking at Katanako reviews just now and apparently she's really detailed else's where lol. Score I guess... And yes I'm waiting for Miku 2020 hardcore .

I know that feeling. At a convention most people are just broke kids so when someone buys a big figure it draws unwanted attention. I would imagine Ultimate Madoka probably made huge waves in the crowd when you bought it.
Congrats by the way. that figure is fucking AMAZING. Good luck finding a place to display her though. she takes up a ridiculous amount of space. You might want to place her in a enclosed case with her bow propped against something for stability. It is very top heavy.

Hello GAF.

PRE1933_1.jpg

Thank you all

Welcome to the hobby :)

figmas are good for what they are, and depending on the figure, you can sometimes wait until release.

cajunator

Banned
I only have one figma. This one:
tyCmwZ4.jpg

Its very lovely and absolutely precious, but all those little pieces and the fragility of it makes figmas not my thing.

Rootbeer

Banned
Hello GAF.

Thank you all
I'm also thinking about getting both of those SWA figures. Don't play around, if you want that figure you'd better pre-order. it could still be readily available for several weeks after release but i wouldn't place any bets on it. The popular figures disappear really fast and I'm not sure just how popular SWA is but it seems to be fairly so. Personally i would recommend amiami.com as I've had nothing but good experience with them.
Where did u get this at?

I wanted it from amiami (as speculated some posts up) but no, they sold out before I could order, so I pre-ordered it on otacute thinking it would not go through because of the heavy demand. well, they sent me an e-mail and now i've paid and it shipped... despite the ridiculous price i feel fortunate, this is clearly going to be a hard-to-acquire figure.

I'm not the world's biggest Berserk fan though I do quite enjoy it. I also have this Band of the Hawk version on order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom