• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

Limited Edition Bisho Storm came in today and I'm picking Bisho FemShep up at the post office tomorrow...Been a pretty good birthday!

The next up are Alter's Kongiku and Figma Cobra / Armaroid Lady.

LiK

I'm confused on this one. The new Avengers model includes the damage burned shield and a pristine model from the production shots I saw, no? The original First Avengers Hot Toy figure only has the pristine version of the shield. I'll check to make sure when I go home for lunch today but I'm almost positive there's no damage on the shield at all. I posted a pic of him earlier along with Thor/Black Widow:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=52282413&postcount=8762

Another fan shot:

nuevo-hot-toys-capitan-america-the-freak-list_MPE-O-2969230040_072012.jpg

I'll need to double check. When I checked the First Avengers Cap it had burns on his Shield. Maybe they randomized it. I'll let you know tomorrow night.

You have Mark 7 already? Loki and Agent Coulson? I'm still waiting on those.

I double checked and you're right, I don't have VII yet. Preordered him last year and he still hasn't shipped out yet. Skipping Loki and preordered Coulson as well. I don't consider Coulson a part of the core team so I didn't mention him.

Bombless

Quick and dirty mobile pictures before I pass out (worked nightshift and had to wait til 11am for the post office to have my package).

Shame the Eagle pistol is present only in the black haired limited edition, it makes the omniblade stance kind of pointless. Oh well, I always intended to keep the Argus anyway!

sca2511

Can't wait for my femshep to come in. Velvet came in the other day, haven't even opened the mailing box yet. Planning to unbox all my figures, finally, this weekend. Will post some pictures.

edit: delayed opening them up and taking pictures, worried about the dust in the room, waiting to get glass doors.

I've promised myself I'll preorder one figure from Iron Man 3. That may be the one but I'll hold off to see what else they release. Frankly, as much as I love Hot toys, their Iron Man released have become noise to me anymore considering how much product they've devoted to the license.

Sentinel Figures are usually pretty expensive. The Canti, Gurren Lagann, and Unit-1 were all in the $80 or more range, and they didn't have die cast.

Right now, I'm praying that both estimates for Mk. VII and Coulson on Sideshow are just estimates. Mk. VII is going to take a nice chunk out of my refund I'll bet while Coulson... Well I'm getting him from my LCS but still, I'd like to breathe during May & June please.

Kind of related to this thread.

She looks a lot like that person that grasshopper games used to advertise for Lollipop Chainsaw.

Finally got the Eddie Riggs statue, it's glorious.
OMG, I didn't know this existed. Looks like they still have it for sale on Double Fine's site too! Thanks for posting it because Brutal Legend is one of my favorite games last gen, as much as I hate Jack Black, he did an epic job on Brutal Legend.

This is a kenshin figure I picked up

E0606C46-F7E8-458C-8F75-1A2D9B150066-1180-000001F1D67CBD05_zps8976d2ce.jpg

I don't watch anime so I have no idea who this character is but that figure is awesome. Nice pick up man.

It is, Jessica Nigri. She's pretty well known in the cosplay community.

Ah yes, I couldn't remember the name of the top of my head. I've met her before at a lollipop chainsaw launch event at my local Gamestop. I'm surprised we haven't seen a figure for that game's protagonist yet.

johnsmith

remember me
Ah yes, I couldn't remember the name of the top of my head. I've met her before at a lollipop chainsaw launch event at my local Gamestop. I'm surprised we haven't seen a figure for that game's protagonist yet.

There is one. It is trash, unfotunately. Because I would preorder it day 1 if it looked good.
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/141419
ibqPGMK6q7n0w8.jpg

Ideally we'd get one made by Yamato (Arcadia now) and sculpted by Yoshizawa Mitsumasa like Sylvia.
ibwsZf9mlOXILq.jpg

OMG, I didn't know this existed. Looks like they still have it for sale on Double Fine's site too! Thanks for posting it because Brutal Legend is one of my favorite games last gen, as much as I hate Jack Black, he did an epic job on Brutal Legend.

Glad to see that I'm not the only guy that likes Brutal Legend, get it while it's hot dude!

NEO0MJ

Epic. One thing I was wondering about, are there any potential scratch spots or is the die-cast metal so limited it isn't a problem?

Hey guys, I have a question about a few figures. I haven't bought any of these things in a long while (until yesterday), but I've got a bunch of them from a few years back.

Mega House
Matsumoto (Bleach)
Yoruichi (Bleach)
Clare (Claymore)
Anemone (Eureka 7)
Talho (Eureka 7)

Kotobukiya
Rachel (Ninja Gaiden)

Vice
Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost In The Shell)

They're all still sealed in their packages. My question is, are they worth anything that makes it a good idea to leave them sealed, or is their value mainly in opening them up and displaying them?

Amalthea

Banned
Epic. One thing I was wondering about, are there any potential scratch spots or is the die-cast metal so limited it isn't a problem?

Only the torso's are made of metal. And the edges are rather smooth. There could possibly be a problem with the plastic parts because many of them are pretty thin but require a lot of force to snap together. The only scratch I got was from the helmet, you have to pull it with your fingernails from Steamboat Willy's body. So the silver mouthpiece of mine has already a little spot where the color came off.

Hey guys, I have a question about a few figures. I haven't bought any of these things in a long while (until yesterday), but I've got a bunch of them from a few years back.

Mega House
Matsumoto (Bleach)
Yoruichi (Bleach)
Clare (Claymore)
Anemone (Eureka 7)
Talho (Eureka 7)

Kotobukiya
Rachel (Ninja Gaiden)

Vice

They're all still sealed in their packages. My question is, are they worth anything that makes it a good idea to leave them sealed, or is their value mainly in opening them up and displaying them?

I will say keep them sealed if you have intentions of selling them for money someday, but if you don't mind slight depreciation in thir selling price and like viewing them, display them if you have the space etc.

I will say keep them sealed if you have intentions of selling them for money someday, but if you don't mind slight depreciation in thir selling price and like viewing them, display them if you have the space etc.

I could go either way, I'm not strapped for cash. But when I look any of these them up on Amazon or Ebay, the asking prices for any of them are in the hundreds of dollars, which seems insane. But I understand these things do get discontinued rather quickly.

Mega House
Matsumoto (Bleach)
Yoruichi (Bleach)
Clare (Claymore)
Anemone (Eureka 7)
Talho (Eureka 7)

Kotobukiya
Rachel (Ninja Gaiden)

Vice

This is just my opinion and from what I've seen browsing around the web but if you ever intend on selling this Motoko you can ask for a very nice price for her. She's probably the best rendition of Motoko ever made.

sky

Wow... so much potential in that juliet figure, and they totally blew it.

Side note: I wish amiami would send email alerts when something on your wish list changes status.
I've hesitated a few times on stuff, and then it's gone. You really do have to act quick if you want something :/.

This is just my opinion and from what I've seen browsing around the web but if you ever intend on selling this Motoko you can ask for a very nice price for her. She's probably the best rendition of Motoko ever made.

Heh, yeah. From what I've seen, the Motoko goes for pretty exorbitant prices. Personally, as someone who isn't hardcore into collecting these things, I can't fathom anyone spending hundreds of dollars on them.

I just caved and bought the Wonder Woman bishoujo from Amazon. It was between that and the Mystique, but something about the sculpt of the latter seems a bit off to me.

WW does look mighty fine, its one of kotobukiya better bishoujo. I want to see the rework version first though. The whole belly button belt buckle is something I can't unsee.

So where are some other good retailers to buy figures from? As Amazon, HLJ and Play-Asia are really the only places I know.

amiami and BIJ are the ones I know of. I use primarily amiami. Mandarake is for older figures or figures that are sold out since they specialized in second hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom