• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man the Snake Revoltech actually looks pretty bad, since they showed the painted version, IMO =/:
FIG-IPN-6020.jpg

FIG-IPN-6020_06.jpg

Something just seems off...I don't know lol might be a style that grows on you XD, Edit: The eye moves?
I like the box I guess:
FIG-IPN-6020_21.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Thought some of you might want to know the Bandai S.H.Figuarts Iron Man Mark VI and War Machine figures are back on pre-order on amiami. Aren't these banned for sale in the USA due to Hasbro's rights? Oh well, I'm importing :D Just placed an order; They look great.

Now... I need to decide rather I'm going to order those maphex batman and spider-man figures because they are about to be released. I wish I could find some good previews of them to help me decide.

hayejin

Fghgdhsuhghg

That incredible armored Berserk figurine was in stock at 6am this morning, for the second time, and sold out by the time I was able to check my figinstock alert.

TWICE NOW. I want the figure but not at eBay prices. If I can't get it now it'll probably just get more and more expensive forever.

Haha Same thing happened. I got alert at 2:55 AM and I checked at 3:15 AM and it was gone.

Luckily I was browsing BBTS the other day and they had ONE available. Bit pricey at 87.99 but I was able to order it before it went out of stock completely after my order.

grendelrt

Haha Same thing happened. I got alert at 2:55 AM and I checked at 3:15 AM and it was gone.

Luckily I was browsing BBTS the other day and they had ONE available. Bit pricey at 87.99 but I was able to order it before it went out of stock completely after my order.

I preordered a really long time ago and got my shipping notice today. Man...still not sure after how expensive it was :O

sky

Man the Snake Revoltech actually looks pretty bad, since they showed the painted version, IMO =/:

Yeah... it kinda does.
I was waffling on it when I saw it go up, because I like the style they are going for.

But... bottom line, for me it doesn't look like snake, or even feel like him.

I ordered a dizzy from ebay and the buyer said its the japan version when I asked him if its the original version or the knockoff. Is there any way to tell from looking at the pictures whether it's real or not?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/290890640635?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

This is the one I bidded on. The seller is trying to avoid my questions.

edit:for those that don't know dizzy has a lot of knock offs on ebay

tell him to show the back. I believe there is an alter sticker on the back if legit. IMO too hard to tell from those pictures.

Takuan

Does anyone have experience with airbrushing? I have some SD gundam models that I'd love to paint, and it seems airbrushing would give me the cleanest results. Can this be done in a condo, so long as it's well-ventilated? Also, can it be done on a budget? Some of the prices I'm seeing for airbrushes are pretty high, and ideally I'd only like to spend about $200 on the base equipment. I've only got 3 SD models and I'd only do it sparingly. I also have an HGUC Kshatriya I bought over 3 years ago that would be a "master project" to tackle once I get a handle on things.

Rootbeer

Banned
Fghgdhsuhghg

That incredible armored Berserk figurine was in stock at 6am this morning, for the second time, and sold out by the time I was able to check my figinstock alert.

TWICE NOW. I want the figure but not at eBay prices. If I can't get it now it'll probably just get more and more expensive forever.

Mine should be arriving this week. Maybe early next if I'm unlucky. I'm really exicted! IMO get one, it's such an epic looking figure. it's way too good to be a box-set exclusive though, they are sure to re-release it right?

If she's being rereleased she will pop up on amazon for less than $60 with free shipping. I would wait.

Yeah, they use the term (Re-run) in the product listing, so I'm assuming it's a re-issue.

I don't wanna pay $20 in shipping anyway. I wish I could find the Poison Ivy for under $100, though.

johnsmith

remember me
Yeah, they use the term (Re-run) in the product listing, so I'm assuming it's a re-issue.

I don't wanna pay $20 in shipping anyway. I wish I could find the Poison Ivy for under $100, though.
Wow, Poison Ivy is already going for that much? I got her for $50 shipped in December.

Supergirl's boots make zero sense... What a strange design.

Capullo... he's never been one of my favorite artists - his jawlines are huge - but that Joker is spot-on.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Play-Asia has the Psylocke bishoujo re-issue in stock for $76.... I'm so tempted to pull the trigger on it.

But it's still a bit steep.

It's not really that great a figure compared to what was released after it. I'd pass on it and see how the new version turns out.

I think I'm going to pass on the Commander Shephard Bishoujo myself. Maybe it's how ME3 turned out, I dunno, but I'll just stick with the Marvel, DC, Tekken, and SF ones for now.

I think I'm going to pass on the Commander Shephard Bishoujo myself. Maybe it's how ME3 turned out, I dunno, but I'll just stick with the Marvel, DC, Tekken, and SF ones for now.

I'm definitely going to grab the Femshep Bishoujo, but the one I'm not sure about is Poison Ivy. I really want that one, but I need to know from people who own it whether or not I'll kick myself for paying about $100 for it.

johnsmith

remember me
Some of the Amazon merchants have her for about $89, but that's still a lot.

What's your opinion of the Poison Ivy? Nicely made?

It's a nice figure. The sculpt is nice, and it's the vines make it one of the more unique bishoujos. I don't really like the face though, but that's a personal preference.

Fivefold

Banned
Man so I went to Japan a while back and visited all Mandarakes and backstreet Akiba shops and all, but fuck, all the cool figures are really expensive!

If you're not interested in moe crap or obscure big boob bishoujos the real cool stuff has outrageous prices, I saw this super cool Kamina figure, which was still just a 1/8 std sculpt, and they were asking for 24k yen... Cool sentai robots from the 80s were like 50k...

I had to buy a bunch of Meguka and Black Rock Shooter and *gatari and SuperSonico stuff because the real awesome Shounen stuff was so limited (that was absolutely the only reason, trust me!).

johnsmith

remember me
Personally I wouldn't have paid that much. I think the most I paid for a single bishoujo was $79 for Ms Marvel. There's a lot of other figures that I'd rather get than pay $100 for Poison Ivy if I had to do it over.

Bombless

I'd say if you collect Bishoujos Ivy is pretty unique. The value we put on things beyond their original price is subjective though. If I didn't want so many others I'd definitely pay 100$ though.

Edit : If you hesitate on FemShep maybe this will help you :)

Also I was looking at the pictures I took of Power Girl and Supergirl and this odd angle of the same setup I posted before has a funny "Eww. Do not want!" vibe from Supergirl. Had a good laugh out of that.

MCD

Man so I went to Japan a while back and visited all Mandarakes and backstreet Akiba shops and all, but fuck, all the cool figures are really expensive!!)

And the pre-painted resin stuff like the ones found in Volks stores.

"Sorry sir, but this shit is not for sale but you can buy the resin and paint it yourself...which you can't so please go away."

Grrrrrr.

Some of the Amazon merchants have her for about $89, but that's still a lot.

What's your opinion of the Poison Ivy? Nicely made?

I can't comment on Ivy but I have owned Psylocke and I can say psylocke isn't anywhere near worth the asking prices on ebay. At $75 it's not bad considering how old she is but if they are doing a re-run I would wait.

I'm personally waiting for the new one which is likely to be using her X-force costume. Also Mara Jade is another one I'm extremely hyped for. I'm also considering Chun Li and Xiaoyu. It all boils down to how good the piece looks like. I'm trying to slow down on my 1/6 statues, PFs and 1/8 Bishoujo purchases but somehow something in each of these scales catches my eye. Next on my list is the spidey fine art statue.

P.S I haven't seen much talk of it so I'm not sure if it's against thread rules but can we discuss larger scale statues or is it only for smaller scale figures?

It's fine. There really aren't any thread rules.
In that case I have a lot more to post about then, thanks

It was announced last year. No art out as far as I know though.

Yea art is still up in the air but hopefully it's similar to the Book cover art they keep using in their media.

Also they gave her a release date of first quarter 2014 so our wallets are presumably safe for now.

morethanjustreviews.com/kotobukiya-wondercon-2013-discussion-panel/

WhyMe6

Having *finally* watched Madoka, I decided that I needed to own *allllll* the Figma released for it. Then I found Mandarake (/cry). Three orders and 25,200 yen later (before shipping), I successfully found stock for Figma of: Tomoe Mami, Miki Sayaka, Akemi Homura, Akemi Homura School Uniform Ver., Kaname Madoka, Kaname Madoka School Uniform Ver. & Kyouko Sakura.

I also pre-ordered Sayaka & Mami's School Uniform Ver. on AmiAmi. Sakura's School Uniform Ver. should be up for pre-order soon, too.

So...many...figures...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom