• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
Phat Company is making another Totori. Might have to grab this one since I missed the first one.

cdBhnL5.jpg

meijiko

Having *finally* watched Madoka, I decided that I needed to own *allllll* the Figma released for it. Then I found Mandarake (/cry). Three orders and 25,200 yen later (before shipping), I successfully found stock for Figma of: Tomoe Mami, Miki Sayaka, Akemi Homura, Akemi Homura School Uniform Ver., Kaname Madoka, Kaname Madoka School Uniform Ver. & Kyouko Sakura.

I also pre-ordered Sayaka & Mami's School Uniform Ver. on AmiAmi. Sakura's School Uniform Ver. should be up for pre-order soon, too.

So...many...figures...

I opted to not get the school uniform versions, just for my own sanity. But I also collected the GSC figures and nendoroids... If I was just after figmas, I might have done the same.

Have some poorly-lit cell phone pictures for illustrative purposes.

On a related note, I managed to break my Ultimate Madoka figma just from putting her together. It was just one of the hair pieces, though, on a seam I don't think was glued properly to begin with. But I don't think I've ever met a figma that was more of a pain in the ass.

WhyMe6

I opted to not get the school uniform versions, just for my own sanity. But I also collected the GSC figures and nendoroids... If I was just after figmas, I might have done the same.

Have some poorly-lit cell phone pictures for illustrative purposes.

On a related note, I managed to break my Ultimate Madoka figma just from putting her together. It was just one of the hair pieces, though, on a seam I don't think was glued properly to begin with. But I don't think I've ever met a figma that was more of a pain in the ass.

Hooray! They look so awesome :O I can't wait for mine to come <3

Thanks for the headsup, I'll have to be careful when I get Ultimate Madoka...she's in the mail atm. Pain in the arse or not, she's such a pretty Figma! My D-Arts Konohana Sakuya also broke while putting it together...apparently quite common, according to AmiAmi - hence the 70% off :/ Hope my D-Arts Pokémon toys don't suffer the same fate :(

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I am SO jealous.
Almost $120-on-ebay jealous.
Well I got him for £79 (figure+shipping+import tax+ems fee) from Hobby Search (ami-ami sold out too fast) which is roughly $120.

That said this guy was worth every penny, easily my favorite figma of the 4 I own.

Not much of a picture taker, but I managed to snap one of guts doing the one thing I've been waiting years to see:

I just hope they manage to do a Femto figure before all's said and done with the Berserk Figma's.

Also on the topic of bad asses mutha's, I found this guy on Mandrake the other day, hopefully he'll be here before the end of next week:

johnsmith

remember me

Now I has a sad. What's a good site for news and stuff on statues/figures of this nature?

Just ordered the Alisa bishoujo. I'm definitely not collecting the full Tekken line, but I liked that specific design, and wanted to grab her before the price skyrockets.

I hear ya. These things are really too expensive to buy an entire series just because.

LiK

The main blogs I like are tomopop.com and plastikitty.com. ohnoraptors.tumblr.com is a also great aggregator of new pics.

there was a Western site that was the equivalent to moeyo but the guy turned out to be a bit of a dick and had someone else take over updating duties. forgot the site name but it had promise. i'm glad i found Tomopop last year,

Pachimari

so lili got another redesign

http://www.plastikitty.com/home/kotobukiyas-tekken-bishoujo-lili-gets-a-new-head

its better but something still feels off to me. I think its the placement of her eyes

I think it's her pupils combined with the eye shadow that are off putting. I wasn't planning on getting her but other than the eyes the piece is quite lovely. A bit too revealing for my tastes though.
I honestly feels the eyes are more off-putting now than before. =/

Now I has a sad. What's a good site for news and stuff on statues/figures of this nature?

I hear ya. These things are really too expensive to buy an entire series just because.
I'm not even collecting figures but I'm gonna get the whole Tekken line - but of course I'm a Tekken fan. ^_^

hayejin

Welp. Guess I have to do chargeback on TheGrandlineShop.

Guy replied once early last week promising the shipment of Boa figure but has since ignored all emails I sent this week asking for status update.

Question is can Paypal reclaim the downpayments for the Boa figure I made back in Nov 2012 or is that a goner?

Just finished reserving her. Not familiar with the character either but when I first saw her I had this feeling that I must get her. Her left arm's interchangeable so you can display her in 2 different poses.

Rei Yamamoto from the series Space Battleship Yamato 2199.

JiGJz2m.jpg

maomaoIYP

Can anyone confirm whether or not this Psylocke X-Force bishoujo is legit?

kotopsyxf1.jpg

Turned it up on a google image search. I'd totally buy that.

This is the only current artwork done by Shunya Yamashita that has Psylocke in it, so I wouldn't hold my breath for a new Psylocke bishoujo.
The ones (under the Marvel license) which might be possible in the future are Ms Marvel, Black Cat, Emma Frost, Jean Grey, X-23 and Invisible Woman (don't think I left out any, too lazy to check).

This is the only current artwork done by Shunya Yamashita that has Psylocke in it, so I wouldn't hold my breath for a new Psylocke bishoujo.

Uhhh.... There's a guy who works for Kotobukiya that posts over at Statue Forum, and he said that Black Canary, X-Force Psylocke, and Armored Wonder Woman are up next. Along with Chun Li. So a new Psylocke is happening. New sculpt and all, not just a repaint.

figure.jpg

http://www.talesofgame.com/uk.html
Does anyone know if the Tales of Xillia CE's Milla Maxwell is actually an exclusive? Apparently only 10,000 are being made, looks like it's the Alter one but different positions.
ce-push_uk.png

Content:

&#8226; The Game

&#8226; Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)

&#8226; 100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team

&#8226; Tales of Xillia Original soundtrack of the game

&#8226; FREE PREORDER BONUS DLC
FIG-MOE-5604.jpg

Alter's figure

Edit: NM Checking the gaming side. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=538413

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Uhhh.... There's a guy who works for Kotobukiya that posts over at Statue Forum, and he said that Black Canary, X-Force Psylocke, and Armored Wonder Woman are up next. Along with Chun Li. So a new Psylocke is happening. New sculpt and all, not just a repaint.

Yeah, it was talked about on plastikitty.com that a new Armored Wonder Woman and New Psylocke were on the way. The new Psylocke is supposed to be her X-Force outfit, but it pretty much looks the same as her original one to me.

maomaoIYP

Is it? My bad in that case.

Yeah, but if you import, don't you spend a buttload on shipping anyway?

I believe only 10 dollars on shipping for unreg sal. Let me check how much I got it on amiami awhile back...

edit

Payment method: PayPal
Shipping method: SAL Small Packet Registered
Shipping fee: 1390
TOTAL: 7230 JPY
Paid: -7230
AMOUNT DUE: 0

so unreg would be about 1k shipping.

So with the currency exchange rate I would assume she goes for about 65-75 bucks.

Mikhal

Looks like the Ichiban Kuji prize figure that came out late last year. Beats what they included in the Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 LE, but like everyone else says, go for the Alter figure if you can.
http://1kuji.bpnavi.jp/item/489/2782/
Looks like it, and don't even know the character too well to buy its figure lol, still getting the CE, cause of the art book though =D
I believe only 10 dollars on shipping for unreg sal. Let me check how much I got it on amiami awhile back...

edit

so unreg would be about 1k shipping.

So with the currency exchange rate I would assume she goes for about 65-75 bucks.
And be sure to pray that you don't get custom charges as well XD, if you're lucky you might not get any. But just be sure to set aside some money to pay for the charges =/ oooooh if you don't mind get a preowned figure, less likely to get custom charges.

How much are the custom charges for NA, etc? I'm in the UK and it has ranged from £7-£24 iirc

All of these were confirmed at WonderCon or well before in Chun Li and Black Canary's cases. ;)

How much are the custom charges for NA, etc? I'm in the UK and it has ranged from £7-£24 iirc

Ironically, I've imported stuff from Japan tons of times and have never had to pay for customs charges... Either that or King of Games, HobbyLink, ebay, or Amazon Japan waive them completely.

Still, I wouldn't mind the LE for Xillia if it was someone other than Milla. I prefered what they did when Xilla was first released in Japan, with the little figure instead.

I'm in the US.

gokieks

Got my Iron Man Nendoroid in. Kind of annoyed that the mask really doesn't stay in position very well in the lifted state (it seems to just rely on friction from a little pad inside it), and also the right arm on mine is pretty loose and falls out really easily when trying to pose it. But, I was able to get a decent pose out of it, and it looks as silly and lovable as ever.

And I really like that Rei Yamamoto figure. Wish it was slightly less revealing, but I love the jacket over the shoulder pose, so might not be able to resist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom