• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
Ironically, I've imported stuff from Japan tons of times and have never had to pay for customs charges... Either that or King of Games, HobbyLink, ebay, or Amazon Japan waive them completely.

Still, I wouldn't mind the LE for Xillia if it was someone other than Milla. I prefered what they did when Xilla was first released in Japan, with the little figure instead.

I'm in the US.
The US has no custom fees.

cajunator

Banned
I don't if you already know this but Mikatan posted this:
2jcc6HN.jpg

Thought you'd be interested.

I already have the Kotobukiya one but I am SO BUYING THIS OTHER ONE>

Yeah Im a huge fan of Kuroyukihime. Look at her. what a cutie.

Also, I'm trying to find a good Makise Kurisu figurine. I think Alter made a nice one.
ITs been long sold out so I might have to go the ebay route unless somebody has a better idea.

Got my Iron Man Nendoroid in. Kind of annoyed that the mask really doesn't stay in position very well in the lifted state (it seems to just rely on friction from a little pad inside it), and also the right arm on mine is pretty loose and falls out really easily when trying to pose it. But, I was able to get a decent pose out of it, and it looks as silly and lovable as ever.

That's really cool, man!
I ordered mine, but it got stolen the day I got it from my car.
I'm still really crushed about it, so I think I won't be buying any more figures for a while.

Just finished reserving her. Not familiar with the character either but when I first saw her I had this feeling that I must get her. Her left arm's interchangeable so you can display her in 2 different poses.

Rei Yamamoto from the series Space Battleship Yamato 2199.

JiGJz2m.jpg

god damn you guys =( now im debating on this one...

but im so excited for this

20130410tome8.jpg

Just finished reserving her. Not familiar with the character either but when I first saw her I had this feeling that I must get her. Her left arm's interchangeable so you can display her in 2 different poses.

Rei Yamamoto from the series Space Battleship Yamato 2199.

JiGJz2m.jpg

WOOOOW, I knew the title sounded familiar. I used to to watch the original series which was called starblazers. They used to air it in canada back in the early 90's. I don't recognize this character though.

I didn't like the first pic of her posted in the thread but the jacket slinging hand makes the figure look sick. Not a fan of the cleavage. It's a bit too much fan-service which ruins an otherwise killer piece. Would have been an insta-buy if weren't for those balloons they stuck on her chest.

Amalthea

Banned
OMG, where and how much?

They were sold in very limited numbers at Wonderfestival last year. Sadly you have to look for it at Ebay, Mandarake or somewhere else. It's not easy to find it cheap either.

The company that made them is called Zoomoth by the way. There were two versions, the later (Ver.2) has more detailed sculpting. Both came in two color-variations: normal and frozen.

LiK

They were sold in very limited numbers at Wonderfestival last year. Sadly you have to look for it at Ebay, Mandarake or somewhere else. It's not easy to find it cheap either.

The company that made them is called Zoomoth by the way. There were two versions, the later (Ver.2) has more detailed sculpting. Both came in two color-variations: normal and frozen.

Dammit, WonFes...gonna pass. Too much for my blood from that alone.

meijiko

Got some new friends in the mail...

LmOPo1H.jpg

Couldn't resist the Red Riding Hood after getting Alice. They're both so cute.
Here's one of her with Alice:

YcZljhN.jpg

Red is actually a lot heavier than I would have thought. I've heard that she and Alice have leaning issues over time, so that's something I'll have to look for I guess. But these are definitely solid plastic.

Ah, so a one-day license deal. Lots of those from indie vinyl figure makers; Max Toy Co. does Yotsuba and Osaka from Azumanga Daioh!, and Gargamel does Mario and Ghost n' Goblins figures.

Mikhal

Ordered some random stuff from Mandarake (pics are theirs):

809.jpg

figma Aegis (Ultimate Ver.) - 2500 Yen

872.jpg

figma Irisviel von Einzbern - 2500 Yen

606.jpg

Initial D Arcade Stage 7 AAX AE86 RC Car (Black Bonnet) - 1000 Yen.

holy crap it went up
Well I got it from ebay and I don't know the original msrp but I ordered it before I started visiting this thread. Regardless I'm really happy with it. The paint job is best i have seen in a scale this ssmall. I have her displayed with two koto bishoujos but it just highlights how alter is in a class of their own.

Rootbeer

Banned
Is it normal for registered SAL packages to stop updating tracking info after they leave Japan? I have a shipment that will soon be reaching the three week mark which is the maximum waiting time. I will wait for it to reach that before I freak out but it sure is taking its sweet time

johnsmith

remember me
Is it normal for registered SAL packages to stop updating tracking info after they leave Japan? I have a shipment that will soon be reaching the three week mark which is the maximum waiting time. I will wait for it to reach that before I freak out but it sure is taking its sweet time

Registered sal tracking is garbage. It'll probably arrive in your mailbox before it updates again.

Acid08

Banned
Ordered some random stuff from Mandarake (pics are theirs):

809.jpg

figma Aegis (Ultimate Ver.) - 2500 Yen

872.jpg

figma Irisviel von Einzbern - 2500 Yen

606.jpg

Initial D Arcade Stage 7 AAX AE86 RC Car (Black Bonnet) - 1000 Yen.
Duuuuude nice where did you get that 86?

Mikhal

Duuuuude nice where did you get that 86?

Mandarake. It's a remote control car that was a prize in Japanese arcades for Initial D Arcade Stage 7. There isn't many pics that I could find of it, but I did find a couple in this Japanese blog and Sega's prize figure site.

What I'm assuming is the same RC car in a different box also got released as a Lucky Kuji lottery prize for the 5th Stage anime. That one is still available at Mandarake, but it costs more than the Arcade Stage 7 one (2500 Yen).

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1146442.html

Acid08

Banned
Mandarake. It's a remote control car that was a prize in Japanese arcades for Initial D Arcade Stage 7. There isn't many pics that I could find of it, but I did find a couple in this Japanese blog and Sega's prize figure site.

What I'm assuming is the same RC car in a different box also got released as a Lucky Kuji lottery prize for the 5th Stage anime. That one is still available at Mandarake, but it costs more than the Arcade Stage 7 one (2500 Yen).

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1146442.html
Awesome, thanks for the info. Might have to order that. His fits it look in person? How big is it?

Mikhal

I can't say how it looks in person since I just ordered it last night myself. From what I can tell the length is supposed to be 18cm. Possibly a 1/24 scale. I could be incorrect on that though. It's almost a blind buy for me too since there isn't any good pics/videos of it that I can find.

Acid08

Banned
I can't say how it looks in person since I just ordered it last night myself. From what I can tell the length is supposed to be 18cm. Possibly a 1/24 scale. I could be incorrect on that though. It's almost a blind buy for me too since there isn't any good pics/videos of it that I can find.
Gotcha. Please post pictures when you get it! I've only ever been able to find ID models that you have to paint yourself in SF and I do not trust my paint skills. RC car sounds too cool.

cajunator

Banned
Is that the PVC by Alter? I so jelly. How much did you get it for?

One thing I dont understand is how people still keep missing out on momohime. she has gotten the most rereleases Ive seen a figure get and STILL people miss out on her.
Got her for 90$ the first time around. So worth it.

One thing I dont understand is how people still keep missing out on momohime. she has gotten the most rereleases Ive seen a figure get and STILL people miss out on her.
Got her for 90$ the first time around. So worth it.

Dude, I haven't bought any of these things in years. I just got into them again like two weeks ago. That's how I missed her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom