• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Dude, I haven't bought any of these things in years. I just got into them again like two weeks ago. That's how I missed her.

I suppose thats a fair answer, but this particular figurine has been rereleased at least 4 times and probably will get a fifth. Her popularity is absolutely incredible.

Elixir

I suppose thats a fair answer, but this particular figurine has been rereleased at least 4 times and probably will get a fifth. Her popularity is absolutely incredible.

What on earth are you talking about? Alter released Momohime in 2010, and Momohime had a single reprint in January 2013. Not "at least 4 times and probably will get a fifth", at all.

Sushigod7

One thing I dont understand is how people still keep missing out on momohime. she has gotten the most rereleases Ive seen a figure get and STILL people miss out on her.
Got her for 90$ the first time around. So worth it.

So he got it recently for a few dollars more than you, sounds like he did fine. The first and second runs sold out pretty quickly don't be so judgmental man.

sky

Is this supposed to be an homage to World is Mine Miku? Man, it is ugly.

FIG-MOE-9150_01.jpg

fatfall.gif

Man that's bad.

Yes Boss!

Here is my little collection. I've averaged about one figure a year for the last four years. Lightweight collector and just go for ones that I think are cute. I keep them atop my little SNK cab. Got room for one more, which is good since I've got Kongiku preordered. Was not going to get her since her breasts were so huge but caved. Hoping she is not too slutty looking.

MCD

Where's the best shops in akihabara?
I'll be there all afternoon tomorrow!

Especially for second hand goods

There is Mandarake there (big black building in some alleyway lol).

Honestly, when I was in Japan, I didn't care about the prices or the items. I just LOVED entering every shop and going up to check every floor because shit was just too damn fun.

Here is my little collection. I've averaged about one figure a year for the last four years. Lightweight collector and just go for ones that I think are cute. I keep them atop my little SNK cab. Got room for one more, which is good since I've got Kongiku preordered. Was not going to get her since her breasts were so huge but caved. Hoping she is not too slutty looking.

My collection is pretty modest as well. I've ordered a couple recently that should get here soon though, one of which is velvet! Looking forward to that, she looks great.

Also, props for the Mushihimesama. I sat in the dark playing for about a week straight after getting Futari for 360.

One thing I dont understand is how people still keep missing out on momohime. she has gotten the most rereleases Ive seen a figure get and STILL people miss out on her.
Got her for 90$ the first time around. So worth it.

I wasn't collecting back then. I only knew of max factory and kotobukiya till last year. I was in school till last year which is why avoided figures/statues for the longest time because they were outside my budget. Now that I have started collecting I am starting to see what pieces I have missed.

/highfive

I just bought her brand new from a store downtown for a little over a hundred. She is beautiful:
Definitely. I wish my local comic stores carried 1/8 figures other than kotobukiya :(

Please don't mind my crappy cellphone pics and my horrible photography skills

I see you are a gamer as well. My collection revolves around gaming figures and marvel/dc stuff

LiK

you're getting into figures now? :)

first time posting here, I'm interested in making some gundam model kit now, I used to make them years ago although I never bother with paint and stuff. now I want to give it another go, but this time put more effort into it like painting etc.

anyone have good tutorial/step by step guide aimed for beginner? I tried looking some guide on the internet and there are so many, each have different method and use tools/paint I don't know what they're talking about.

I found this one which look kinda simple to follow but it's not that in depth, more like a general tips but it help me visualize what I'm going to do. although it didn't show how to hide seams between 2 plastic to make it look like one smooth piece.
http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/213/

other guide I found looks super complicated, require you to do 5 step process just for painting, from primer, preshadow, base paint, post shadow, weathering, panel lining, mixing paint, then there's various method I found to hide seams, putty, cement, etc.

btw, I don't know if this is the right thread to ask for general question in making gunplay.

thanks for reading. :)

So GAF, I want some Combining Robots for my desk. For example, Getter Robo or GaoGaiGar. All the ones I've seen look real nice and poseable, but don't combine or anything of that sort :( Help a brother out? Also what websites would you recommend for buying stuff like Tokusatsu or Gundam merch. I lurk Big Bad Toy Store a lot.

I found this completely out of context!

tumblr_ml9ykl7rPD1qzdctco1_500.jpg

tumblr_ml9ykl7rPD1qzdctco2_r1_500.jpg

Where can I get this and for how much? And will there be more?

It's not up on amiami yet, as far as I can tell.

EDIT:
Update! $45-ish. Gyeauauugh. It's not that great a sculpt....

Fantomex

Ok guys, you've helped me countless times. Where would I buy SH Figuarts from? I want to get the new Daft Punk figures that are advertised on their facebook.

fmpanda

Ok guys, you've helped me countless times. Where would I buy SH Figuarts from? I want to get the new Daft Punk figures that are advertised on their facebook.

I would say preorder from Amiami, that's my goto site for figures, with Hobby Search below that.

On another topic, starting to collect the Bioshock Infinite figures, got Elizabeth and Boy of Silence on their way.

fmpanda

I'd like to know too. I don't see anywhere taking orders yet.

It usually takes a while for figures to go up for pre-order after they're announced. Best thing I could recommend is to check the sites everyday and sign up for the emailing list. To be honest, this might be harder to get a hold of due to it being a Tamashii Nations product as normally you'd have to go through a middleman, but with it being Daft Punk I'm sure Bluefin will probably sell them up on their Amazon page.

LiK

I would say preorder from Amiami, that's my goto site for figures, with Hobby Search below that.

On another topic, starting to collect the Bioshock Infinite figures, got Elizabeth and Boy of Silence on their way.

George Patriot is up for preorder. :)

Mikhal

I found this completely out of context!

tumblr_ml9ykl7rPD1qzdctco1_500.jpg

tumblr_ml9ykl7rPD1qzdctco2_r1_500.jpg

Where can I get this and for how much? And will there be more?

It's not up on amiami yet, as far as I can tell.

EDIT:
Update! $45-ish. Gyeauauugh. It's not that great a sculpt....

This doesn't come out till August, I think? Where are you seeing it for $45? With the new anime coming out this summer I'm sure there'd be more Sailor Moon figures on the horizon.

This doesn't come out till August, I think? Where are you seeing it for $45? With the new anime coming out this summer I'm sure there'd be more Sailor Moon figures on the horizon.
There's a tiny bit of info on here.

The more I look at it though, the more it doesn't look like anything particularly special, especially at that price. :\

Dude more pics of the cab please! Nice collection too. You've got 3 of the prettiest figures to be released in the last few years in Momohime, Samus, and Velvet.

LiK

There's a tiny bit of info on here.

The more I look at it though, the more it doesn't look like anything particularly special, especially at that price. :

I notice the hair has a slight transparency. Very cool. Probably worth picking up for yourself cuz I can imagine that SM fans are gonna want it.

RocBase

W-whattt??? There's a new Sailor Moon anime?
I hope it gets some nice scaled figures to go with the new wave. Like literally just a few weeks ago I was telling myself how I'd really love to have that.

Messi

I just seen DC's Bombshells line of figures and I need to have them.

IMG_17581.jpg

IMG_17941.jpg

IMG_54442.jpg

IMG_1766.jpg

Also, Harley Quinn will be coming next. From what I gather she is riding a bomb. :p

RocBase

Yeah, Poison Ivy's the only one that looks decent to me, but the rest...are rather disappointing. Shame too, those pinup illustrations are damn gorgeous.

Bombless

Something about the eyes and mouth of those "Bombshell" statues is off. It could be worse, like Wonder Woman's manface in Injustice.

Ivy looks slightly better than the others.

Are the Daft Punk S.H. Figuarts available for preorder anywhere? I can't stop listening to the release clip and want these figs now. Checked amiami and hlj, not there

edit: release date November?!?! ahh what the heck!!

Fantomex

Are the Daft Punk S.H. Figuarts available for preorder anywhere? I can't stop listening to the release clip and want these figs now. Checked amiami and hlj, not there

edit: release date November?!?! ahh what the heck!!

Yeah, they want you to start feenin now. I'm thinking preorders won't be up until sometime after August.

chrono01

Just noticed amiami has a re-release of Canti:
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-3296&page=top

(both cyan and red versions)

xJJdWyL.jpg

Such a cool design... ! What FLCL fan doesn't love this guy? :p

Sold out of Green on AmiAmi. :(

I pre-ordered both of them on HLJ, here's hoping they pull through!

Pre-orders have been..."suspect" with them in the past, although I've always gotten them, even though I had to wait a nice amount of time for them, [Saber Alter in particular]. They did get her for me, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom