• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth Cyra

I recieved the Metal Box + Yamato Black Grendizer in the mail today.

Got to say, he is my first and likely my last Black Super Robot, I always wanted one because of how popular they are, but I just miss the colors.

With all the postive reviews and talk about high quality I'm really disappointed in this figure. Several nub marks, and more then a few scratches. I guess it could be limited to just the Black version, or maybe even just mine, still though super dissapointed.

I had been planning on going back and picking up Dragon since I love Getter Dragon, but I really don't think I want to drop another 100$ when this one has so many issues.

9438.jpg

I got miku today! Looks amazing! though sad thing is that its showing up on mandarake for 5k now >_> and I got it for 6300.

If you want it better get it asap. They will go back to 9k-10k

Absolutely 100% reliable. I've bought from them dozens of times. Never had any problems. Just be aware that you won't know the final shipping cost until the order is ready, but it'll be around $10. And as has already been discussed earlier in the page, they don't (officially) allow order cancellations. And they can ban you if you request orders be cancelled/don't pay for an order.

Do I have to register? I'm not seeing a checkout/preorder button :S

That looks amazing, but if Im gonna drop that kinda money I wish they had more characters to choose from. Weird they didn't start with MC.

There are plenty of chiefs out there. Of the top of my head I can't think of any in this scale yet that are pose-able though. It was probably cheaper to get a license for a less known variant of armor/character and easier to stand out in the market too. If it was a chief I would still go for the 1/4 sideshow statue over it. But it's a different character and at $220 it's an awesome deal especially for the well done light up features it is coming with.

Also I wouldn't hold my breath for more characters. I don't think they'll do a whole line of characters.

guys my stuff from japtou.com came - I ordered 2 items: one of those is wrong, it is completely different from what I ordered. I paid via paypal and the product page on their site has vanished.

What do you think are my chances for a full refund?

With full refund I mean:
Item cost + shipping cost + return shipping cost (I of course want to return the wrong item) + 19% german customs tax for the wrong item - all in all that would be almost double the money that said item did cost.

Bombless

You can forget about the tax at least, I really doubt the state cares about processing the wrong order. Hell, the belgian state charges tax AND haldling of the item, which is as much as the tax amount itself.

Not sure how Paypal handles refunds, but you should immediatly contact the shop at least. Maybe someone here went through something like this?

You can forget about the tax at least, I really doubt the state cares about processing the wrong order. Hell, the belgian state charges tax AND haldling of the item, which is as much as the tax amount itself.

Not sure how Paypal handles refunds, but you should immediatly contact the shop at least. Maybe someone here went through something like this?

I did contact the seller, I waited for 48h and nothing happened. I contacted PayPal and demanded a refund through them, today the shop said they would be willing to refund me USD 1$ :D I obviously declined ... I'm going to wait a little longer and if nothing happens by then I'll let PayPal handle everything

I'm addicted to these damned Eaglemoss figures. Have nearly 70 of them and growing! Latest additions:

If Wolverine is 5'3" and Cyclops is 6'3", why does Wolverine look like he's at least four inches taller than he should be? I'm going from the top of his head to Cyclops' shoulder because no way that's a 10 inch difference irl.

But they do look cool for sure.

asrttyoxo

Neo Member
If Wolverine is 5'3" and Cyclops is 6'3", why does Wolverine look like he's at least four inches taller than he should be? I'm going from the top of his head to Cyclops' shoulder because no way that's a 10 inch difference irl.

But they do look cool for sure.

My height should to head is almost exactly 12 inches and it looks like Wolvie comes to Cyclops' shoulder so he appears correct to me.

Cheska

So has the Fem Shep Kotobukiya been pushed back? I thought it was initially going to be released in March but Kirin Hobby still hasn't shipped mine.

So has the Fem Shep Kotobukiya been pushed back? I thought it was initially going to be released in March but Kirin Hobby still hasn't shipped mine.

I ordered mine from TFAW.com and it's still not shipping. I think it depends on where you ordered. Some places seem to have it in stock, others don't. Amiami has it.

RocBase

I did contact the seller, I waited for 48h and nothing happened. I contacted PayPal and demanded a refund through them, today the shop said they would be willing to refund me USD 1$ :D I obviously declined ... I'm going to wait a little longer and if nothing happens by then I'll let PayPal handle everything
$1??? do they think they're being courteous with that proposal? my god lol

Giolon

I ordered mine from Kotobukiya about 2 weeks ago via SAL shipping and she arrived yesterday. I still don't like what they ended up doing to her face (doesn't look Shunya-like anymore), and I think they darkened her hair too much, but she does look great next to Bishoujo Liara. I'll try to post a pic of them together tonight.

johnsmith

remember me
I got miku today! Looks amazing! though sad thing is that its showing up on mandarake for 5k now >_> and I got it for 6300.

If you want it better get it asap. They will go back to 9k-10k

They all sell out fast though. I'd definitely grab it for that price if I had the chance.

johnsmith

remember me
The Etrian Odyssey figure I really want though, is
l50wpbg.png

Just bought this. B/B for 6,780 on amiami is a little more than I was hoping to pay but she rarely pops up, and still way cheaper than plamoya or ebay.

And the 7th Dragon 2020 Hacker figure was delayed to May.

sca2511

Ordered my Femshep from eStarland and they notified me that the release date was pushed back till May.

My Poison Ivy bishoujo just showed up. ^_^

I bought her from Amazon for $105, but I took them up on their offer to sign up for an Amazon Visa card, so I got $30 off. Too bad that trick will only work once.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

Congrats, the wait is over...

Until the next one ;)

My Medicom Blade of the Immortal figure just cleared UK customs today (it arrived in the UK last Friday), meaning I'll get the Parcel Force ransom demand sometime next week.

I'm starting to wonder why I pay for EMS/Parcel Force when SAL will get nearly the same time.

Hero

Amiami has my Figma Labrys but I combined the orders with Figma Pit and Dark Pit. They're not being delayed, right?

Rootbeer

Banned
Congrats, the wait is over...

Until the next one ;)

My Medicom Blade of the Immortal figure just cleared UK customs today (it arrived in the UK last Friday), meaning I'll get the Parcel Force ransom demand sometime next week.

I'm starting to wonder why I pay for EMS/Parcel Force when SAL will get nearly the same time.

Thanks :) It's my, mmm, 5th figma so far (3 berserk, 2 nintendo, with pit and dark pit soon making it 7 and there's more on the way after that!)

now that i have experience with both ems and sal I can definitely say EMS is faster for where I live. Takes about 5 or 7 days instead of 3 weeks.

sky

The Kureha I've wanted for a while popped up pre-owned on amiami this morning!

What did I do? ... I hesitated :(.
Sold out.........

But for 12,240yen, it's still a bit much.
Dis hobby can be cruel. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom