• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amiami emailed me saying Charizard is ready. This soon?!

what!? i have charizard on preorder at HLJ and have not heard anything ... also MewTwo just arrived like yesterday ;)

d-arts_mewtwo-mewasl2m.png

P.S.: Mewtwo has the coolest box ever! All those holographics!

Rootbeer

Banned

RocBase

I'm liking them

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-KAI-5258

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-KAI-5259

Play Arts always adds this subtle anime feel to their western figures. It works well but not sure it's my thing. I'll probably settle for the movie masters figures which will be far lesser quality but probably good enough for my wants.

Pretty cool. I'm generally not a fan of PA but lately more often than not I've been digging some of their stuff.

Rootbeer

Banned
My biggest problem with PA is the faces often disappoint. This is VERY evident in the upcoming Sora from KH figure (grumble...). I wish we could get something a tad closer to what Hot Toys is able to pull off, but on these smaller 6" figures. My expectations are scaled down for smaller figures but I know they can do better. Just look at the Medicom Maphex Batman figure coming out soon.

RocBase

My biggest problem with PA is the faces often disappoint. This is VERY evident in the upcoming Sora from KH figure (grumble...). I wish we could get something a tad closer to what Hot Toys is able to pull off, but on these smaller 6" figures. My expectations are scaled down for smaller figures but I know they can do better. Just look at the Medicom Maphex Batman figure coming out soon.
You mean the 3DD one? 'Cause yeah that one is...just all sorts of horrendous. Though the Tron version actually looks pretty dope, and the joints aren't a hot mess either. I'm not sure how they managed to get it so wrong with the 3DD version, haha.

Okay, wait.... WHY are these things so sought-after?

D-Arts tend to be focused on pretty good quality and they tend to focus on video game characters that rarely gets a figure.

On that note my D-Arts have arrived, think my Charizard is ready at AmiAmi but I'd rather get one box at the end of the month cause my Pit and Pitwo will be ready as well XD:

Edit:
nostalgia and they look cool as fuck

EDIT: I mean, some guys like pokemons, some guys like big boobs - there are figures for everyone ;)
Yep nostalgia and then the Persona D-arts are also awesome =) oh and the fact that they haven't done second releases often.

Here's hoping this one gets released:
129302.jpg

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Holding out for Hot Toys Man of Steel. Hopefully they will do more than just Superman.

Play arts MoS doesn't look too bad

Superman and Jor-El are confirmed. Zod and Faora should also be on the way.

I'd love to get a Lois figure too but won't hold my breath for that.

kiryogi

Banned
Just bought this. B/B for 6,780 on amiami is a little more than I was hoping to pay but she rarely pops up, and still way cheaper than plamoya or ebay.

And the 7th Dragon 2020 Hacker figure was delayed to May.

What other EO figures have their been? I have the Paladin, Nurse, and Ronin. Now there's a gunner too?! Must get..

chrono01

Orchid Seed [finally] made their 1/5 Scale Super Sonico for pre-order [33cm tall!]. She's available at AmiAmi, Hobby Search, BIJ, etc. for around 9,000-10,000 yen. I'm almost tempted to order a second just because I love her so much.

She looks, in a word, PERFECT [yes, she's cast-off too].

dJhbr7x.jpg

Given her price, I will resist...for now, but it wouldn't surprise me if I gave in eventually.

LiK

Orchid Seed [finally] made their 1/5 Scale Super Sonico for pre-order [33cm tall!]. She's available at AmiAmi, Hobby Search, BIJ, etc. for around 9,000-10,000 yen. I'm almost tempted to order a second just because I love her so much.

She looks, in a word, PERFECT [yes, she's cast-off too].

dJhbr7x.jpg

Given her price, I will resist...for now, but it wouldn't surprise me if I gave in eventually.

looks great. one of the better looking Sonico figures.

Rootbeer

Banned
anyone know if these pokemon figures are going to be on amazon (sold and shipped by)? they are really good about carrying D-ARTS stuff. If so you should be able to get one in the $40 range (with prime shipping) ... and I'll happily wait for that. Probably won't have the mewtwo bonus though T__T

Sushigod7

Pit and Pittoo are out this month.
VW2ua3Y.jpg

Can't wait to get these guys on display still need to finish the game too. Hope we get a constant stream of Nintendo Figma's. Fire Emblem next then maybe a Pikmin Captain Olimar. Would like to see a Luigi's Mansion version of Luigi too not enough figures of him.

LadyRiven

I got these gals in a few days ago. Pre-ordered them last year, around October I think? With so many of my favorite heroines, I couldn't resist.

They're manufactured by Toy's Works, whose trading figures are similar to Nendoroid Petits.

knMIRTA.jpg

Ima5O4S.jpg

dpC5FWL.jpg

I haven't taken them out of the box yet, since I like the way the box displays them. I wrote a blog post about this set here, with pictures of the book that came with it as well.

Can't wait to get these guys on display still need to finish the game too. Hope we get a constant stream of Nintendo Figma's. Fire Emblem next then maybe a Pikmin Captain Olimar. Would like to see a Luigi's Mansion version of Luigi too not enough figures of him.
Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, and Captain Falcon are on my wish list. ZSS at the top

Does anyone happen to know if the upcoming ArtFX New 52 Wonder Woman statue from Koto is staying as is (with pants) or are they going to sculpt the actual New 52 costume.

anyone know if these pokemon figures are going to be on amazon (sold and shipped by)? they are really good about carrying D-ARTS stuff. If so you should be able to get one in the $40 range (with prime shipping) ... and I'll happily wait for that. Probably won't have the mewtwo bonus though T__T
Unfortunately, I wouldn't count on it. Amazon seems to be all their stuff from Bluefin, a North American distributor of Bandai product, and if I recall correctly they have already confirmed to not be getting any of the Pokemon figures. I believe the Pokemon license is held by different company in North America so Bandai can't sell their figures here. You'll probably have to import from a Japanese seller, or a North American seller that has imported from Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom