• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://tamashii.jp/special/pickup/201308/
D-Arts Mega Man Ultimate Armor X
03_01.jpg

03_02.jpg

03_03.jpg

03_04.jpg

D-Arts Venasaur
04_01.jpg

04_02.jpg

04_03.jpg

04_04.jpg

No idea but was on the webpages XD:
01_01.jpg

01_02.jpg

01_03.jpg

01_04.jpg

02_01.jpg

02_02.jpg

02_03.jpg

02_04.jpg

Bombless

Kongiku (PVC Figure) : Was originally scheduled for release on After Apr,
but has been rescheduled for release on After May.

We will ship out the item normally when it comes in stock.

We look forward to your next visit at HOBBY SEARCH.

8NGdGg8.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Dark Pit sold out on amiami just before the duo is released. Still some Pits though.

Yes, I will buy that Mega Man :3 I have all the other DARTS MM stuff, it's quality.

Dark Pit sold out on amiami just before the duo is released. Still some Pits though.

Yes, I will buy that Mega Man :3 I have all the other DARTS MM stuff, it's quality.
Lately I've been hearing negative stuff about D-Arts (namely Terry Bogard), but this is reassuring.

sky

Dat Labrys... Looking pretty nice. At first I didn't really love the pose, but I'm warming up to it. Need more pics...

SUPARSTARX

If that red snapper is more than 200 forget it.

They will probably put the hulk buster looking one and heart breaker in the power pose line too I'm assuming. Those are so bulky I don't are they will have too many articulating points.

If that red snapper is more than 200 forget it.

They will probably put the hulk buster looking one and heart breaker in the power pose line too I'm assuming. Those are so bulky I don't are they will have too many articulating points.
Nope. Hulk Buster is a movie masterpiece 1/6th scale.

Heartbreaker is 1/6th scale diecast figure.

Red Snapper is power pose.

Also, judging by the price on the Mark 42 PP figure, I'm guessing Red Snapper is in the $160-180 range.

Heartbreaker is probably the only one of the bunch I want. I have the Mark VII coming in May from the Avengers but outside of that, I'm not too big into the Hot Toys Iron Man stuff. Heartbreaker is too bad ass to pass up, though.:)

I wish Hot Toys had gotten the license and done a proper Dredd 1/6th scale figure from the movie.:(

Beth Cyra

Holy shit at Ultimate Armor X. I think I've died and gone to heaven. Always loved the Ultimate Armor because it took away all the traditional Rock colors and gave X his own unique look.

Will buy at least two.

Now if only they would release Command Mission X, my X collection would be complete.

Cheska

Thanks to a fellow Gaffer for selling me both of these figures. Wasn't expecting Momohime to be as nice as she actually is. Cross post from the pick up thread.

ITHcPJGl.jpg

88Do0LUl.jpg

njpSOR3l.jpg

WHEE! Also, my Charizard D-Art came in today, can't wait to get home and open it :)

Thanks to a fellow Gaffer for selling me both of these figures. Wasn't expecting Momohime to be as nice as she actually is. Cross post from the pick up thread.

Did you get Momo for a decent price? I've been looking for one for a while, but all the ones I find are over $100.

chrono01

Hell yeah! I think she goes up for preorder on the 26th, can't wait.
Yeah the 26th [in Japan, that is] looks to be the pre-order date!

I'll be ordering the second she's available, as well. I was anxiously awaiting the final painted result [after seeing the sculpt a long...long time ago] and Orchid Seed did not disappoint!

She looks incredible.

Yeah the 26th [in Japan, that is] looks to be the pre-order date!

I'll be ordering the second she's available, as well. I was anxiously awaiting the final painted result [after seeing the sculpt a long...long time ago] and Orchid Seed did not disappoint!

She looks incredible.

=)

I remember first seeing this pic (NSFW) https://yande.re/post/show/160922/arein-breast_hold-cleavage-elf-matsuryuu-queen-s_b
and had hoped megahouse would someday make a figure based on it. But then came along Orchid Seed with this wonderful piece and I couldn't be happier. I'm just so happy Alleyne got a figure in her delicious swimsuit.

SUPARSTARX

It's like almost $2k to collect entire Avengers line at retail price. I regret selling Hawkeye so soon too.

IM3 line is insanely heavy to collect also

Mark 35/Red Snapper - $255
Mark 7 - $250
Mark 42 (Diecast) - $310
Iron Patriot (Diecast) - $310
Tony Stark (new mech test) - $280
**Heartbreaker (Diecast) - $310 guestimate
**Igor Armor (MMS) - $250-$280 guestimate, plastic and big figure.

Totalling over $1.7k which is about the same as collecting the entire Avengers line so far lol

And if you're a completionist and missed the first six marks.. haha!!
Add in another $300-400 per except Mark I 2.0 and Mark II AU, still seems to be a few of those floating around.

LiK

i wonder if i should sell the Iron Man Hot Toys from the first movie. Still sealed so they're worth quite a lot by now. Altho maybe just sell some other sealed Hot Toys to fund the Iron Man armors. FlexPay is evil cuz i can just use that.

SUPARSTARX

Flexpay is very good yeah.

I personally just don't have a lot of room to display anything. I have most of my stuff in the brown shipper at the moment. When I move and get a new place, they will be gloriously decorating my living room.

It's like almost $2k to collect entire Avengers line at retail price. I regret selling Hawkeye so soon too.

IM3 line is insanely heavy to collect also

Mark 35/Red Snapper - $255
Mark 7 - $250
Mark 42 (Diecast) - $310
Iron Patriot (Diecast) - $310
Tony Stark (new mech test) - $280
**Heartbreaker (Diecast) - $310 guestimate
**Igor Armor (MMS) - $250-$280 guestimate, plastic and big figure.

Totalling over $1.7k which is about the same as collecting the entire Avengers line so far lol

And if you're a completionist and missed the first six marks.. haha!!
Add in another $300-400 per except Mark I 2.0 and Mark II AU, still seems to be a few of those floating around.
Batman is the killer for me. Over 3k on the 1/6th scale stuff from Begins, Dark Knight and Rises including Bat Pods, Tumblers etc. Not to mention the Keaton Batman figures.

I'm a sucker for anything Joker related as well including premium format statues and whatever else they want to throw at me on sideshowtoy.com. (I love me some Joker)

Iron Man does very little for me to be honest. I wanted to have one Iron Man figure so I picked up the Mark VII from Avengers. Outside of that, it's just noise. If anything, I wish Hot Toys would expand out and do more with other licenses (Star Wars for instance) than continuing to fuck the Iron Man chicken but I guess you do what sells so....

I'm personally down to just three flex pay figures right now (Hathaways Catwoman 1/6th scale, Battle Damaged Terminator from T2 and the Sideshow Joker 1/6th scale) which is a god send. I had 4-5 payments coming out per month for awhile. It's time to get the CC down to zero before starting again.:D

I personally just don't have a lot of room to display anything. I have most of my stuff in the brown shipper at the moment. When I move and get a new place, they will be gloriously decorating my living room.
I should get pics of my "man cave" up soon. I doubt its as impressive as some of the stuff in this thread but I try to keep it as non-cluttered as possible.

I'm starting to run out of room though. Even with the addition of two more Detolfs. I can add two more (for a total of 6) before I'm totally out of space though.

SUPARSTARX

It's a fantasy to have Tony Stark's hall of armor. The Batman stuff is hurting me a bit too. I have the vehicles and new TDKR on order/ordered already. I am really just missing older figures like Harvey Dent, Scarecrow/Demon Bat set, Gordon and customs.

Oh that reminds me, I didn't even count the damn hall displays lol! $125 each or bulk purchase. GG

But yeah, the cost of the entire Hot Toys line for Iron Man in general is easily $3,500.
Suits, Gantry, Hall of Armors, new/old Tony Mech test

LiK

It's a fantasy to have Tony Stark's hall of armor. The Batman stuff is hurting me a bit too. I have the vehicles and new TDKR on order/ordered already. I am really just missing older figures like Harvey Dent, Scarecrow/Demon Bat set, Gordon and customs.

Oh that reminds me, I didn't even count the damn hall displays lol! $125 each or bulk purchase. GG

But yeah, the cost of the entire Hot Toys line for Iron Man in general is easily $3,500.
Suits, Gantry, Hall of Armors, new/old Tony Mech test

i've avoided the Vehicles. too big and expensive.

SUPARSTARX

Haha yeah. I am slightly regretful on the pricing but I think in the long run I'll be content. I only went for the pod and tumbler. I cancelled the 89 mobile early on.

That blade of the immortal figure has sick art but I ain't feeling the figure. Reminds me how badly I want a ninja scroll figure though

I'm the opposite, I'll likely sell a bunch of my stuff when I move to a new place lol

ITHcPJGl.jpg

88Do0LUl.jpg

njpSOR3l.jpg

WHEE! Also, my Charizard D-Art came in today, can't wait to get home and open it :)

Both great pickups. That Rise statue looks nice. I should really finish Persona 4.
I feel like Momo is a right of passage in this thread lol

The den in my house or as most wives call it "the man cave"

You can see more here:

http://futurevoid.minus.com/mPdOn6X5YlxFa

The walls are still a bit bare as I have lithographs and some posters I want to put up (especially next to the shelf I have above the computer) but it's coming along. I have a bunch of stuff not even put out yet, too. I'd like to add two more Detolfs as mentioned down the line and apologies for some of the cord mess. I've got all kinds of stuff charging.

Okay, so I have a question... apparently, some people are concerned about the Megahouse Labrys being "exclusive". What does that mean in regards to these kinds of things?

chrono01

Okay, so I have a question... apparently, some people are concerned about the Megahouse Labrys being "exclusive". What does that mean in regards to these kinds of things?

Figures are usually available at any store [such as AmiAmi, Hobbysearch, etc.] and offered at a cheaper price/discount that they bestow upon you. They also have no problem shipping it outside of Japan.

However, when a figure is exclusive, it's only available for order to those living in Japan. If you want to order one for yourself, you must use a "proxy". These proxies do not offer a discount of any sort [since they're essentially placing an order for you directly from the store, and thus, have no savings to pass onto you] and normally add in an additional fee for their trouble [understandable]. They also often demand the money up-front, although some sites do delay payment [such as Nippon-Yasan].

In short, exclusive figures force you to pay more for a figure than you usually would through the use of a proxy. Exclusives are also often available for a more limited time-frame. This makes their value usually increase more than standard figures, but requires those interested to go through extra-steps to order.

I use Big in Japan for the majority of my exclusives, but sometimes go with Nippon-Yasan if it's during a particularly heavy month [release-wise] just so I don't have to pay everything immediately.

The den in my house or as most wives call it "the man cave"

You can see more here:

http://futurevoid.minus.com/mPdOn6X5YlxFa

The walls are still a bit bare as I have lithographs and some posters I want to put up (especially next to the shelf I have above the computer) but it's coming along. I have a bunch of stuff not even put out yet, too. I'd like to add two more Detolfs as mentioned down the line and apologies for some of the cord mess. I've got all kinds of stuff charging.

Oh man, dem Boba Fett figures.

However, when a figure is exclusive, it's only available for order to those living in Japan. If you want to order one for yourself, you must use a "proxy". These proxies do not offer a discount of any sort [since they're essentially placing an order for you directly from the store, and thus, have no savings to pass onto you] and normally add in an additional fee for their trouble [understandable]. They also often demand the money up-front, although some sites do delay payment [such as Nippon-Yasan].

So is there a specific reason they do this, or do they just like to make things difficult?

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Does anyone here own any of the Chogokin figures from Bandai? I don't mean Soul of Chogokin. I mean the new, smaller line of die cast figures. I'm a big fan of how they look. Considering purchasing a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom