• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
The den in my house or as most wives call it "the man cave"

You can see more here:

http://futurevoid.minus.com/mPdOn6X5YlxFa

The walls are still a bit bare as I have lithographs and some posters I want to put up (especially next to the shelf I have above the computer) but it's coming along. I have a bunch of stuff not even put out yet, too. I'd like to add two more Detolfs as mentioned down the line and apologies for some of the cord mess. I've got all kinds of stuff charging.

your...wives?? o_o

edit: oh, most wives. nvm >_>

hteng

Banned
where the hell can i buy that figma berserk guts berserk armor figure? i've been googling and all i get are out of stocks

chrono01

So is there a specific reason they do this, or do they just like to make things difficult?

Anyway, thanks for the info.
I believe it's mostly so companies can sell their figures for full price and not at a more discounted rate when purchased through retail chains.

At least, that's my understanding.

sky

Does anyone own this Guilty Crown - Inori Yuzuriha?

It's another figure I see popping up sometimes... and at first I think "fuuuuuu gorgeous!!", but then I check some user pics... and it doesn't look quite so hot.
Obviously the promotional shots are always in the best setup possible, but is this one of those figures that just looks good from one angle? :/

NWrms4L.jpg

I love this design, but I need some first-hand accounts...

It's another figure I see popping up sometimes... and at first I think "fuuuuuu gorgeous!!", but then I check some user pics... and it doesn't look quite so hot.
Obviously the promotional shots are always in the best setup possible, but is this one of those figures that just looks good from one angle? :/

NWrms4L.jpg

GSC quality control isn't that great and lets just say she got the worse job.

Not only is she really small, but a lot of the details are left out. The collar and the hair are the two biggest examples. The lips as well look different.

chrono01

NWrms4L.jpg

She's one of my greatest disappointments of 2012, quite possibly my greatest.

She didn't turn out "horrible", but she definitely didn't live up to my expectations. She's a lot smaller than I thought she would be [despite being 1/8 scale, I didn't expect her to be that small], has a few paint issues, and just doesn't look as nice as the prototype pictures.

If you can get her for a cheap price and absolutely love her character I'd say go for it. It's not like there are many other Inori Yuzuhira figures out there. Just don't expect anything like the stock/prototype pictures.

chrono01

Charizard D-Art!

w4HCyMfl.jpg

It looks nice! I can't wait to receive mine but, unfortunately, I must [it's bundled with my April AmiAmi order]. I already have Mewtwo/Mew with Blastoise on pre-order, and will be picking up Venusaur as well!

BTW, do I see what looks to be Bayonetta's feet? She's an incredible character. I wish more companies were doing figures of her. I don't exactly love the face on PHAT's version, but I'm at least hopeful for Arcadia's upcoming version.

NWrms4L.jpg

I keep hearing the paint app for this piece came out very dull from many reviews of it. I was once thinking of getting it as well. But enough negative reviews turned me away.

sky

GSC quality control isn't that great and lets just say she got the worse job.

Not only is she really small, but a lot of the details are left out. The collar and the hair are the two biggest examples. The lips as well look different.

She's one of my greatest disappointments of 2012, quite possibly my greatest.

She didn't turn out "horrible", but she definitely didn't live up to my expectations. She's a lot smaller than I thought she would be [despite being 1/8 scale, I didn't expect her to be that small], has a few paint issues, and just doesn't look as nice as the prototype pictures.

If you can get her for a cheap price and absolutely love her character I'd say go for it. It's not like there are many other Inori Yuzuhira figures out there. Just don't expect anything like the stock/prototype pictures.

I keep hearing the paint app for this piece came out very dull from many reviews of it. I was once thinking of getting it as well. But enough negative reviews turned me away.

Thanks for the feedback, guys! Damn! :/ Sounds like she is probably not worth pursuing...
What a shame - such a beautiful character and pose. I guess I'll stick with waiting for the figma version to resurface ;).

Cheska

BTW, do I see what looks to be Bayonetta's feet? She's an incredible character. I wish more companies were doing figures of her. I don't exactly love the face on PHAT's version, but I'm at least hopeful for Arcadia's upcoming version.

Indeed! It's the Bayonetta play arts though I do have the Phat version pre-ordered. I just looked up that Arcadia figure and it looks amazing from what I saw :O

chrono01

Indeed! It's the Bayonetta play arts though I do have the Phat version pre-ordered. I just looked up that Arcadia figure and it looks amazing from what I saw :O
I thought as much!

I was [and still am] tempted to get the PHAT version, but I'm kind of waiting to see how the end result is first. I have way too many figures already pre-ordered, but I will pick her up [if I can] if she turns out great. PHAT is generally a great company, so there's hope!

It's been a while since anything new was shown from Arcadia's version, but hopefully the next exhibition will have more. She looks great already, though. I absolutely love the pose they chose for her.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only Bayonetta fan here. >:)

Just ordered this for 5680 yen from amiami. B/C
http://i.minus.com/iPtU1CFlYSf1r.jpg
God damn it, amiami. I'm trying not to spend money. Why do you have sell the old/rare stuff I want to buy?

I had a chance to buy this when it was new but decided to pass :/

But that price is pretty decent. I assume the condition of the box had something to do with it.

Also, it looks like the Dark Elf will be out in September.

http://www.nekomagic.com/?p=40184

chrono01

I just noticed that both Catherine/Katherine [Art Spirits] figures are on sale at Otacute for $25.90 each.

Catherine:

http://www.otacute.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_6&products_id=28890

Katherine:

http://www.otacute.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_6&products_id=29629

I ordered both of them since they will go so well together and you can essentially get both of them for the price of one! Also, it helps that their boxes are small so shipping won't cost much at all [only cost me around $17 for shipping to Canada with SAL Registered].

There's currently 44 remaining of Catherine and 101 of Katherine.

I just thought I'd let you all know in-case there are other Catherine fans here!

Cheska

I just noticed that both Catherine/Katherine [Art Spirits] figures are on sale at Otacute for $25.90 each.

Catherine:

http://www.otacute.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_6&products_id=28890

Katherine:

http://www.otacute.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_6&products_id=29629

I ordered both of them since they will go so well together and you can essentially get both of them for the price of one! Also, it helps that their boxes are small so shipping won't cost much at all [only cost me around $17 for shipping to Canada with SAL Registered].

I just thought I'd let you all know in-case there are other Catherine fans here!

I love Catherine the game but I don't know how I feel about those figures. The Catherine one in particular just looks really cheaply made to me.

chrono01

I love Catherine the game but I don't know how I feel about those figures. The Catherine one in particular just looks really cheaply made to me.

I will be honest, I prefer the Max Factory version of Catherine. However, the Katherine figure is supposedly extremely well-made, and given that MF hasn't announced a Katherine figure by now [to compliment their Catherine], I doubt we'll ever get one.

So I was going to purchase Katherine anyway and figured I'd get their Catherine as well to match [since MF's Catherine is 1/7-scale and not 1/8]. Judging from pictures of Art Spirits Catherine, it's not as bad as the stock photos would lead you to believe. While her face is more...sinister than I would like, it's still decent for the sale price. I can't see it being worth the full 6,000+ yen price-tag, but for $25? Yes, I will purchase!

johnsmith

remember me

Catherine:

Katherine:

Wow. Bomba. But thanks for letting me know. I'm looking at user pictures of Catherine, and she doesn't look as bad as I thought, but definitely not worth getting for me, since the Max Factory one is just perfect imo. But I'll definitely grab Katherine since it is looking unlikely Max Factory will make one.

chrono01

Wow. Bomba. But thanks for letting me know. I'm looking at user pictures of Catherine, and she doesn't look as bad as I thought, but definitely not worth getting for me, since the Max Factory one is just perfect imo. But I'll definitely grab Katherine since it is looking unlikely Max Factory will make one.

You're very welcome!

Yeah, if you have the MF version of Catherine there's really no reason to grab this one. Katherine, on the other hand, would probably be a good idea. As you said [and myself earlier], it doesn't look like Max Factory will ever make one, so this is probably the best you're going to get. :(

Regardless, I'm excited to receive both of them. For the price they're currently at I would be very surprised if I were left disappointed.

Update -

42 Remaining [Catherine]
98 Remaining [Katherine]

SUPARSTARX

Catherine:

Katherine:

Figure bomba! Catherine doesn't look that good. Katherine is fine though. Overpriced MSRP for sure.

I broke my first figure. :(

The sword on my Etrian Odyssey female paladin broke.

Same here. My cleaner knocked over my VN.02 Hatsune Miku and there's 2 breaks. She's the first figure I ever bought as well. Hopefully she's fixable.

I think that is just yukiko was one of their weaker figures. I mean I love yukiko and I still haven't bought it yet.

Yeah, I like Yukiko as well, but that figure just isn't an attention-grabber.

I actually did grab that Yukiko, but wasn't all that impressed in person. Ended up selling her to a friend who liked it a lot after seeing her. Trying to make sure I only keep figures that I really like. For example:

Velvet just got here!

kmw0Zbc.jpg

The frak? I ordered just now 30 minutes ago and already got tracking number. I hope they're legit and I don't get few rocks in the mail.

Tracking numbers that soon after ordering are usually just an indication that a postage label has been generated I think. The package hasn't necessarily entered the postal service yet.

LiK

I had a chance to buy this when it was new but decided to pass :/

But that price is pretty decent. I assume the condition of the box had something to do with it.

Also, it looks like the Dark Elf will be out in September.

http://www.nekomagic.com/?p=40184

That new Dark Elf doesn't look as good as the limited store exclusive Elf that was only sold in Japan. So damn pissed they made that limited. I had to settle for a bootleg prepainted resin statue of it instead. Looked nice but I wanted the real one.

hteng

Banned
The frak? I ordered just now 30 minutes ago and already got tracking number. I hope they're legit and I don't get few rocks in the mail.

lol yea, i was like what... they shipped the thing already?! this is the fastest processing i've seen.

Mew2

Neo Member
Can't really see the Catherine figures due to blocked sites (work sucks)

I loved the game and the character design...is the quality really that bad? 25 isn't that steep

The Lineage figure discussion reminded me that I pre-ordered the Max Factory elf in December. I forgot about it too!

Yeah I did too. As much as I think I played L2 for too long, it'll be cool to have something to commemorate the time. I didn't much care for the Orchid Seed elf either, so I'm glad something's coming out I do like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom