• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

yea, i just ordered this afternoon, by evening when i checked my mail they've already shipped the thing and it's on transit

That's fast. Must've had them on hand. Every time I order something there it takes them a full week to prepare it.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
That blade of the immortal figure has sick art but I ain't feeling the figure. Reminds me how badly I want a ninja scroll figure though

Only thing that bugs me about the Manji figure is the head sculpt is so docile, he needs his smirk, or an open mouth to put one of his swords. Some Ninja Scroll figures would be awesome.

I can't take a picture for shit, but I nabbed some styrofoam and made a few cuts in it to get his weapons all out in front of him:

sheryl looks like she'll havev to be EMS only =(

15e6b254-noscale.jpg

sky

Something tells me that Sheryl will be gone quickly.... A bit too provocative for my tastes, but a nice looking figure for sure.

chrono01

Can't really see the Catherine figures due to blocked sites (work sucks)

I loved the game and the character design...is the quality really that bad? 25 isn't that steep
I don't see anything incredibly wrong with it, and at $25 I feel it's an excellent price.

Yes, it pales in comparison to Max Factory's version, but that one is also OOP and can cost upwards of 8000 yen [sometimes more]. I think I'll be happy with Art Spirits version, even if the sculpt has a few issues.

I really can't see it being worth the full retail price, though. However, since I'm obviously not paying that much I don't believe I will regret my purchase. It doesn't look as though she will be AMAZING, but I'm looking forward to adding her [and Katherine] to my collection.

Is that Cammy you got, the same as the one below?...

FIG-MOE-0703_06.jpg

I dont collect or really own any figurine thingys, but I always REALLY wanted this Cammy model. It looks so good. What did you pay for it, in USD?

Yup, she's the one!
8677956933_504c10e4ba_z.jpg

I got her in Mandarake in Nakano Broadway for about $80 brand new. I basically had if they had any Cammy figures, and they pulled out the only one I wanted.. very lucky.

Ichiban Kuji Team Rocket are awesome!
8679065428_cd10350b81_z.jpg

chrono01

Wow that Sheryl looks gorgeous from the photos. How much is she going to be?
Answer - More than I would like and less than my absolute maximum amount/limit.

My wallet will hate me but I do not care. We're already not speaking, so it's not like any more damage will be done.

Serious answer - It hasn't been revealed yet, but you're looking at 10,000+ yen [I'd estimate]. Shipping will likely be insane as well. I do not care! She will be mine.

Plus Alleyne tomorrow.

chrono01

According to information online, the Sheryl figure [Macross] posted earlier will retail for 19,800 yen. Of course with store discounts she will be slightly cheaper, but not by much. You're probably looking at 17,000 yen with around 5,000 yen EMS shipping. Release is scheduled for October.

As nice as she looks, I don't know anything about the franchise and that's a lot of money to put towards something I'm not exactly passionate about. I love the way she looks but I literally know nothing about Macross. I might just have to pass on her after all. :(

According to information online, the Sheryl figure [Macross] posted earlier will retail for 19,800 yen. Of course with store discounts she will be slightly cheaper, but not by much. You're probably looking at 17,000 yen with around 5,000 yen EMS shipping. Release is scheduled for October.

As nice as she looks, I don't know anything about the franchise and that's a lot of money to put towards something I'm not exactly passionate about. I love the way she looks but I literally know nothing about Macross. I might just have to pass on her after all. :(

19k? well good thing I wasn't 100% sold on it then!

Macross is definitely a different mech style anime. I enjoyed it because how different it was but it wasn't something that I LOVED.

19k? well good thing I wasn't 100% sold on it then!

Macross is definitely a different mech style anime. I enjoyed it because how different it was but it wasn't something that I LOVED.

It looks so nice that I was considering a buy based on the pics in this thread alone. I'd need to care more than I do to spend that much though.

Might give Macross a watch.

oh man, I hope they put out some Dragon's Crown figures. For those that haven't heard of it, it's the new game from the makers of Odin Sphere and Muramasa. Since they've made figures from both of those games, I don't see why they wouldn't continue the trend.

meijiko

oh man, I hope they put out some Dragon's Crown figures. For those that haven't heard of it, it's the new game from the makers of Odin Sphere and Muramasa. Since they've made figures from both of those games, I don't see why they wouldn't continue the trend.

I really hope so, too. I can't hold out much hope for the male characters, but I'd say the Elf and the Sorceress are probably shoe-ins if they make any.

People will find more reason to moan and bitch -_-

But on a serious note, I agree, I really love the art style. Velvet is such a lovely figure.

chrono01

Honestly, I would be surprised if something Sorceress-related isn't announced at the next WonderFes. I'll give you two BIG reasons why.

...I will be waiting, wallet in-hand.

Honestly, I would be surprised if something Sorceress-related isn't announced at the next WonderFes. I'll give you two BIG reasons why.

Now here's the question - Will you be able to tell that the art style is exaggerated based on a Sorceress figure? I mean, a lot of these things have huge breasts anyway.

chrono01

Now here's the question - Will you be able to tell that the art style is exaggerated based on a Sorceress figure? I mean, a lot of these things have huge breasts anyway.

I believe Alter could do justice to the exaggeration.

I do know what you're saying, though. Massive breasts on PVC figures isn't exactly rare. Either way, I love the design [and not just for that reason, either]. George Kamitani does some great work!

I'd probably go for either Elf or Knight myself if they made any. Sorcerer is okay if they stick to the original drawing but I doubt they'll make him while Sorceress and/or Amazon (aside from Elf) would be locks in my best guess.

I'd probably go for either Elf or Knight myself if they made any. Sorcerer is okay if they stick to the original drawing but I doubt they'll make him while Sorceress and/or Amazon (aside from Elf) would be locks in my best guess.

Amazon would be interesting. Though there's a possibility it could be completely horrible. I don't know how those exaggerated thighs would look translated into 3D.

Amazon would be interesting. Though there's a possibility it could be completely horrible. I don't know how those exaggerated thighs would look translated into 3D.

The spritework I think would translate better into a 3D figure, especially if in a dynamic pose while the official artwork doesn't really do it, but yes, it could go one of two ways really.

Bombless

I'd love to have the whole player group. I'm curious to see whether the frothing at the mouth masses of the Sorceress thread would follow and moan about the statue as well.

Giolon

I'd love to have the whole player group. I'm curious to see whether the frothing at the mouth masses of the Sorceress thread would follow and moan about the statue as well.

I'm still sad that Oswald, Cornelius, and Kisuke never got figures.

LiK

yea, the Alter Odin Sphere figures were the same scale at least. kinda wish they did their own version of Velvet.

Nice Man Cave there, but uh, why not go for a larger HDTV and a (at minimum)5.1 audio set-up?

I'm looking into getting a small display case for when my HT Hulk and Mk7 Iron Man come in.
The couch is within 6-8ft of the TV. 55inch is perfect at that distance. Anything more and it's too much for my tastes.

Secondly, that IS a 5.1 setup. The center channel is under the TV, two fronts, two surrounds and the sub is clearly pictured.;)

You can see one of the surrounds here in the back of the room:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom