• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keylow415

And my Exia too
g5ru4E4.jpg

at first I was debating it due to the price...but I saw the color version and I really want it now =(

Yeah tell me about it =( Plus, this is Alter so you know we can expect her to come out fantastic when she's released. Sacrifices will have to be me made but she is definitely a must have in my book.

I really like the new Sheryl(dat ass) but at that price and the fact that I already own 2 pretty awesome figures of her I think I can pass on it.

I've always wanted a figure of her based on this pic though.
wBhxtbp.jpg

If someone made that I'd preorder in a heartbeat.

chrono01

Okay, now does that "For sale in Japan only" have any bearing on placing an order, or does it not matter in this case?

Nope, it doesn't matter.

I've ordered many items with that disclaimer perfectly fine. It's mostly there for legal reasons. They have absolutely no problem shipping the product outside of Japan.

I would totally order it and have my "OH SHIT, NOW I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT!" moment in October, except for the fact that new console launches will be right around the corner at that point.

chrono01

I would totally order it and have my "OH SHIT, NOW I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT!" moment in October, except for the fact that new console launches will be right around the corner at that point.

This is true.

Also, it's hard to say what else might be scheduled around that time figure-wise. I'm already committed to the Seven Deadly Sins line, and with Alleyne and others being released this year, I don't want October to be as packed as the next few months are going to be [I'm attempting to cut back on my spending].

Either way we should have some time to decide. Belldandy and Holy Bell [which I also have pre-ordered] had a lot of hype to it too and it's still available for pre-order. I can't see this one selling out for at least a few months.

chrono01

That face is ugly.

A lot of these overpriced and overhyped figures end up in the bargain bin. Wouldn't surprise me to see this 50% off.

I wouldn't say it's ugly at all, but then, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

It's actually pretty faithful to the artwork that this sculpt was based on.

tpDFtSC.jpg

I'm not familiar with the series she's from, so.... what's with the purple butt-sponge?

bunny costume.

She is a singer/idol in macross.

I don't like her facial expression. Its almost as if she is thinking "WHY AM I BEING SHOWN AS A STATUE IN THIS PRECARIOUS SITUATION!?!? WHYYYYY?!?"

1/7 with that huge base... has to be EMS only. So estimated total price for me would be 200~. 200 is way too much for a figure I'm not 100% feeling.

LiK

FYI, i may post my sale list this week or next week. decided to use MFC to help me out instead. still working out sell prices.

fmpanda

yeah, that's what happened to ultimate madoka. I saw her in Japan for about $80 in some places

Now if only my local anime shop could lower her price down from the $230 they had her listed as, lol.

I'm guessing we'll get payment requests for the Pits late next week, yay.

Mew2

Neo Member
EVERYONE STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD

It's making me want to buy more figures T_T

Is the average price for that MF Catherine around 160?

Not sure what you want to spend, but there's an unopened Rita on mandarake for 9K: http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-994511.html
She came up on amiami the other day as well, but I forget what her price was.

Thanks! I put in an order, but I'm a bit weary about the condition listed for her. Has anyone ever bought something from this site with similar conditions listed? Would it be better to just spend that extra $50 and get it from Amazon?

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Thanks! I put in an order, but I'm a bit weary about the condition listed for her. Has anyone ever bought something from this site with similar conditions listed? Would it be better to just spend that extra $50 and get it from Amazon?

I'd have paid the extra $50 or wait until they have another one, the wording in the listing says expect stains on the box and the figure, if it was just a damaged box it would be fine, but if the figures damaged that's a deal breaker to me.

SUPARSTARX

I'm almost glad I don't watch that much anime and play that many JRPGs. I don't know what most of these figurines reference to. Heh

johnsmith

remember me
EVERYONE STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD

It's making me want to buy more figures T_T

Is the average price for that MF Catherine around 160?

That sounds expensive. Is that ebay pricing? She's pops up for less than half that on mandarake or amiami preowned.

I'd have paid the extra $50 or wait until they have another one, the wording in the listing says expect stains on the box and the figure, if it was just a damaged box it would be fine, but if the figures damaged that's a deal breaker to me.

That disclaimer is on the majority of mandarake's items isn't it? Rita is unopened so I can't see there being a problem with the figure. I think they just like to cover themselves.

I bought Saber Lily from them, unopened/box slightly damaged and it looked basically new to me when I got it. Same with everything pre-owned I've bought from amiami.

Maybe other people can chime in with their experience.

That disclaimer is on the majority of mandarake's items isn't it? Rita is unopened so I can't see there being a problem with the figure. I think they just like to cover themselves.

I bought Saber Lily from them, unopened/box slightly damaged and it looked basically new to me when I got it. Same with everything pre-owned I've bought from amiami.

Maybe other people can chime in with their experience.

Well, that sounds good enough for me. I really don't care about the condition of the box, so as long as the figure's good, I'm happy.

chrono01

Well I ordered Maeda Keiji [with placemat] from N-Y!

I've given it some thought and I'll be passing on Sheryl. She's just not worth it for me at that price.

Also, new Alleyne photos!

keYPqRE.jpg

...Tonight. Tonight I will pre-order you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom