• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

A bit pricey, but she's gorgeous. (And I don't have any elf-girls yet)

It's just an estimate on my part, so it could likely be cheaper than that [or, quite possibly, even more expensive]. She is 1/6 scale, though, and cast-off, so somewhere around the 9k yen area wouldn't surprise me at all. I won't be displaying her sans leaf, though, since she looks amazing as-is. The 1/6 scale is definitely appreciated, however.

Plus, it's Alleyne. That warrants a purchase on that fact alone. :)

RocBase

Paid for Aoba today, pictures look damn stunning:

tumblr_inline_mlty6l0Jnq1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mlty6xY5ht1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mltyemDUti1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mltye35Apc1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mlty7epneU1qz4rgp.jpg

Ahhh excited!

It's just an estimate on my part, so it could likely be cheaper than that [or, quite possibly, even more expensive]. She is 1/6 scale, though, and cast-off, so somewhere around the 9k yen area wouldn't surprise me at all. I won't be displaying her sans leaf, though, since she looks amazing as-is. The 1/6 scale is definitely appreciated, however.

Plus, it's Alleyne. That warrants a purchase on that fact alone. :)

100 points! Her body is delicious, those abs. I currently own just one swimsuit figure but Alleyne will definitely be changing that.

Giolon

100 points! Her body is delicious, those abs. I currently own just one swimsuit figure but Alleyne will definitely be changing that.

My problem with his figure is it looks nothing like her body in any of her canonical appearances (anime or artbooks).

They basically gave her something more like Echidna's figure.

chrono01

I'm happy to see that we have another Alleyne fan here! :)

My problem with his figure is it looks nothing like her body in any of her canonical appearances (anime or artbooks).

But this figure is based off of original artwork by Nishii [NIΘ] itself.

owAVvvs.jpg

I think Orchid Seed captured her beautifully. No real surprise there, though, that's usually the outcome when they're involved. They're one of my favorite figure manufacturers.

owAVvvs.jpg

I think Orchid Seed captured her beautifully. No real surprise there, though, that's usually the outcome when they're involved. They're one of my favorite figure manufacturers.

my "only" problem is that she I wished she had a slight tan.

LiK

owAVvvs.jpg

good lord, weird sensation between my legs.

chrono01

my "only" problem is that she I wished she had a slight tan.

Yeah, I would have liked her more tanned as well [closer to the artwork]. But then, release is still a nice ways off. Orchid Seed could still make some alterations to her painting if they feel they need to [or release a variant color later on, which I would likely purchase also >_<].

good lord, weird sensation between my legs.
I do believe we have another Alleyne fan.

I welcome you!

RocBase

Awesome-looking figure. Price makes me cringe a little bit. But considering all the crazy shit going on, the price isn't too bad.

Yeah it was pretty steep (especially since I ordered two lol), but I have an attachment to the character so the price was kinda regardless to me haha. Still glad the exchange rate is at the rate it is now though.

LiK

Yeah, I would have liked her more tanned as well [closer to the artwork]. But then, release is still a nice ways off. Orchid Seed could still make some alterations to her painting if they feel they need to [or release a variant color later on, which I would likely purchase also >_<].

I do believe we have another Alleyne fan.

I welcome you!

not gonna lie, the figure is damn sexy. but i don't know if i wanna get another bikini figure since i plan on getting rid of the older ones in my collection.

chrono01

Sadly Alleyne has been changed to 1/2014 release date. :(

Price has been announced, though! She'll be priced at 11,429 yen, so she should be between 8,500-9,000 yen as expected from the usual stores.

It's a shame about the release date, but I'm sure she'll be worth the wait!

Yeah she's alot thicker than usual but I still love the look of the figure so I dont mind at all.

But this figure is based off of original artwork by Nishii [&#65326;&#65321;&#920;] itself.

owAVvvs.jpg

Just a heads up but that pic is not by Nishii. The artist is Miyazawa Tsutomu.

Thanks!

It didn't exactly look like Nishii, but I wasn't entirely sure. That explains it!

He does some nice work, though. I love that picture.

Yup no prob. 2014 is a long wait for Alleyne but that just means more time to save up for her =)

Oh yes more Shining Hearts swimsuit figures! Art for them was revealed a long time ago in hobby japan magzine but they have now resurfaced and we have confirmation on who's making them. Alter, Max Factory, Alpha Max and Kotobukiya will all be doing 2-3 characters each.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/189/G018944/20130419001/

Dat Misty
FWAZplE.jpg

LadyRiven

Paid for Aoba today, pictures look damn stunning:

Ahhh excited!

I can't wait to see him in person. Amiami sent me the wrong shipping price, then sent me an updated invoice, but I had to request another invoice to change my payment method as well. So just waiting for my new invoice and then I'll have him in a few days.

I have a feeling his box is going to be as big as Ultimate Madoka's!

Giolon

But this figure is based off of original artwork by Nishii [&#65326;&#65321;&#920;] itself.

owAVvvs.jpg

Ah, I'd never seen this before. I feel the translation to figure form made her look thicker than she does even here though. I don't think it's a bad figure by any means.

Elixir

More importantly, this interview with Tony Taka reveals that his figure of choice is Alter's Clalaclan. I can definitely see why, too: this is by Alter, the top figure manufacturer out there in conjunction with Yagyuu Toshiyuki, who is the sculptor behind Alter's; Dizzy, Chua Churam, Saber, Panty, Stocking, among others.

45lh5hnu.itj.jpg

He's also really thankful that Max Factory's Luka Megurine (again based off his illustration) sold so well throughout 2012.

chrono01

Alleyne up at AmiAmi/BIJ!

Slightly more expensive than I thought, but I pre-ordered her nonetheless [of course!].

AmiAmi [9,720]:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de..._preorderitem=1$pagemax=30$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

BIJ [9,370]:

http://biginjap.com/pvc-figures/7304-queen-s-blade-alleyne-1-6.html

Also, those Shining Hearts figures look very nice. I don't normally collect them, since there are so many with differing variations, but I do have Melty/Misty [Alter] on pre-order.

I'll definitely have to keep a close eye on the bikini ones as well. If, at the very least, I''ll probably purchase Alter/Max Factory's releases.

chrono01

Plenty of time for everyone to regret placing that pre-order.

I would never regret it!!

Honestly, it's refreshing to see a manufacturer announce the release date so far off. Alter makes their releases appear so close, but they're often delayed once/twice/thrice/...frice? I love Alter, I really do. They're probably my favorite figure manufacturer, but they really need to offer more of a "buffer" between releases. I know many get upset/frustrated when something they're anticipating is delayed for several months. I don't, personally, since I kind of expect them by now.

At the very least, this shouldn't happen with Alleyne. But then...this is Orchid Seed, they're known for delaying figures as well. Either way, I look forward to receiving her.
...In 9 months... >_<

Honestly, it's refreshing to see a manufacturer announce the release date so far off. Alter makes their releases appear so close, but they're often delayed once/twice/thrice/...frice?

What makes me hesitate is the possibility (probability?) that in those 9 months, something even more amazing is going to come along that I'll want even more. And $100 isn't a paltry amount of money where figures are concerned.

for me 100 is easy to set aside if you have that much time and notice. I went on a game buying spree last summer (at least 25 games in 2 months including steam) and I still haven't finished even a majority of them.

hteng

Banned
Alleyne up at AmiAmi/BIJ!

Slightly more expensive than I thought, but I pre-ordered her nonetheless [of course!].

AmiAmi [9,720]:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de..._preorderitem=1$pagemax=30$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

BIJ [9,370]:

http://biginjap.com/pvc-figures/7304-queen-s-blade-alleyne-1-6.html

Also, those Shining Hearts figures look very nice. I don't normally collect them, since there are so many with differing variations, but I do have Melty/Misty [Alter] on pre-order.

I'll definitely have to keep a close eye on the bikini ones as well. If, at the very least, I''ll probably purchase Alter/Max Factory's releases.

dat body! hhnnnnngg

Labrys

Whoa. This is just a prize figure, but so much better than Megahouse's version. Gonna have to track this down.

iEG6Swa9Fyt6L.jpg

Wow, that turned out great. I just have Kanji/Naoto/Elizabeth pre-ordered off the prize line but I'm going to look into the rest of them now.

chrono01

Pre-orders are up at HobbySearch.com for 9714 yen. As far as I know, you can cancel pre-orders.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10226013

You can only cancel up to one week after placing the order, unfortunately.

If he's looking for the ability for long-term cancellation, HLJ is best for that [since you can cancel whenever].

I've decided to never cancel, so AmiAmi was my choice! It helps to have all of my orders consolidated under one site for easy combined shipping. AmiAmi just so happens to be my store of choice.>:)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You can only cancel up to one week after placing the order, unfortunately.

If he's looking for the ability for long-term cancellation, HLJ is best for that [since you can cancel whenever].

I've decided to never cancel, so AmiAmi was my choice! It helps to have all of my orders consolidated under one site for easy combined shipping. AmiAmi just so happens to be my store of choice.>:)

I did not know that. That would explain why I can't cancel Irma now. :(

I may end up switching over to AmiAmi.com if that's the case. They're generally my preferred store. Or maybe wait for HLJ as well.

chrono01

I did not know that. That would explain why I can't cancel Irma now. :(

I may end up switching over to AmiAmi.com if that's the case. They're generally my preferred store. Or maybe wait for HLJ as well.

Yeah, it's unfortunate. The reason I don't use HLJ for the majority of my pre-orders is because their prices are usually higher than AmiAmi/HS, take longer to ship their products out, and sometimes have issues filling pre-orders [apparently only on high in-demand items, although I've never had an issue with them personally].

AmiAmi, as I mentioned earlier, is my store of choice though. Most of the time they have the better price, I get points with my orders which I can apply towards future items [although not at the same quanitity as HS], and are always extremely fast to ship out my purchases. I have nothing but praise towards them, and considering I spend around $500 monthly on them [sometimes more], they've definitely earned my trust.

I save HLJ for figures I'm not 100% sure on so I can easily cancel them later if I so desire. If not, I simply go through with the purchase. AmiAmi will allow cancellations, but it's not something you want to do often. If you do, they have a tendency to black-list/ban your account. I would not want that to happen to me!

On another note...

There is another "review" site for alleyne with her cast off though uncensor. NSFW http://www.moeyo.com/2013/04/review_orchidseed_arein.html

OH YES! As I mentioned prior, I don't see myself displaying Alleyne cast-off, but I do appreciate the work they put into her.

RocBase

I can't wait to see him in person. Amiami sent me the wrong shipping price, then sent me an updated invoice, but I had to request another invoice to change my payment method as well. So just waiting for my new invoice and then I'll have him in a few days.

I have a feeling his box is going to be as big as Ultimate Madoka's!
It certainly looks that way!

tumblr_inline_mluz34BhtZ1qz4rgp.jpg

The original shipping invoices were actually inline with Madoka's apparently, but since they've been reduced he's probably a little smaller and not as hefty.

Mannn it's going to be FUN taking photos of this guy.

Whoa. This is just a prize figure, but so much better than Megahouse's version. Gonna have to track this down.

iEG6Swa9Fyt6L.jpg
Urgh, the P4 figures have been seriously frustrating. This pose is great, yet it winds up being a prize figure. This is the kinda dynamic Megahouse should have gone for instead of that lackluster, basic looking Yu just standing there with his head bowed down no less.

Not to mention the one time we get a scaled figue of Chie it winds up being exclusive, after the plethora of bargain binned Yukiko and Rise's. How upsetting.

sky

Just ordered the 3 Akibarangers... hahah, yeah. Gotta love it.
I went for season one versions of red/yellow, and the blue from season 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom