• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmpanda

Ditto. Shipping via EMS was pricey. ¥2400

True, but at least the Yen is more even with the dollar, plus last time I used SAL with Amiami my Ultimate Madoka figure took almost a month to get here, so yeah, I'll pay the extra to get my Pits here quicker, lol.

LiK

True, but at least the Yen is more even with the dollar, plus last time I used SAL with Amiami my Ultimate Madoka figure took almost a month to get here, so yeah, I'll pay the extra to get my Pits here quicker, lol.
i always use EMS even tho prices always make me cringe. But I like to get my stuff asap.

Rootbeer

Banned
i always use EMS even tho prices always make me cringe. But I like to get my stuff asap.

I've always used EMS save for my last order with otacute where I chose registered SAL. Took a bit more than 3 weeks. I think I will always use EMS now unless I'm prepared for that level of waiting.

And yeah the weak yen is helping but paypal doesn't match the current exchange rate perfectly so :/

sky

I've always used SAL unregistered from amiami, and never had any problems.
It usually costs about $10 for a shipment. It takes around 3 weeks, but I don't mind.

It's kind of fun to forget about it, and then BAM! It arrives.

Luigi87

Figma Pit and Dark Pit paid for :d Now the waiting, oh, the waiting!

Pit is paid for. Decided to not get Dark Pit (probably will regret later, lol)
Only going SAL... Too cheap for EMS.
... except for RAH Link. No hesitation with EMS when that comes out...

Whoa. This is just a prize figure, but so much better than Megahouse's version. Gonna have to track this down.

iEG6Swa9Fyt6L.jpg

I'm surprised at the amount of detail put into a capsule prize figure. Definitely nice looking.

Only going SAL... Too cheap for EMS.
... except for RAH Link. No hesitation with EMS when that comes out...

A lot of the RAH figures look bad to me, but that Link is seriously great. I think his clothes are a great fit for the type of work they do. They've nailed the sword and shield as well. Hard one to resist.

LiK

A lot of the RAH figures look bad to me, but that Link is seriously great. I think his clothes are a great fit for the type of work they do. They've nailed the sword and shield as well. Hard one to resist.

One thing Medicom does right are game and anime characters. Their movie figures are usually not that great especially compared to Hot Toys.

meijiko

Phew, my April orders are finally all paid for. With Sigrid getting pushed back, and Kongiku finally getting a release date, my May is looking pretty full again.

April orders lol couldn't get SAL small parcel XD, Charizard D-Arts, Pit, Dark Pit and Labrys at Amiami.

Didn't go for EMS though that sting of customs XD

Rootbeer

Banned
April orders lol couldn't get SAL small parcel XD, Charizard D-Arts, Pit, Dark Pit and Labrys at Amiami.

Didn't go for EMS though that sting of customs XD

Eh? Where do you live? I'm in the USA and have never had any difficulty getting my EMS packages through there... nor have I had to pay additional fees. I'm paranoid that could happen though :p

Eh? Where do you live? I'm in the USA and have never had any difficulty getting my EMS packages through there... nor have I had to pay additional fees. I'm paranoid that could happen though :p

He's in the UK I believe, so they get hit with customs charges.

One thing Medicom does right are game and anime characters. Their movie figures are usually not that great especially compared to Hot Toys.

Yep, gotta agree. My Hot Toys are extremely awesome for movie figures, since they're based on real people. But my RAH figures (Roy Mustang, Old Snake & MGS4 Raiden) are excellent too because they're based off anime & games. Game characters translate well due, even if they look like regular people down to some stylized choices in their design.

He's in the UK I believe, so they get hit with customs charges.

Yep UK, so worry not my fellow NA geek ;P.

On the subject of differing countries anyone know of the situation for Italy? I've seen so many eBay sellers put up a notice that they won't send/sell their stuff to Italy, does Italy forces charges on the sellers or there's a specific tax for figures?

Yeah I think you're right. I've just been looking through them and all the ones I like are anime and game characters.

Yep, gotta agree. My Hot Toys are extremely awesome for movie figures, since they're based on real people. But my RAH figures (Roy Mustang, Old Snake & MGS4 Raiden) are excellent too because they're based off anime & games. Game characters translate well due, even if they look like regular people down to some stylized choices in their design.

They did Roy! Wish I'd known about all this stuff back then. I'd love a good figure of him.

johnsmith

remember me
I found a Liara T'Soni on Ebay, its 100 bucks with 30 dollar shipping, that seems pretty cheap for a Liara statue, I want to buy it because I need to own it at some point, but Im not sure if its the real deal....also, im having trouble spending 130 bucks on a statue, haha.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kotobukiya-...377?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43bb437df1
Jesus that got expensive.

No bishoujo figure has been bootlegged, so don't worry about that. Surprised that Catwoman and a few of the other really expensive ones haven't been.

Jesus that got expensive.

No bishoujo figure has been bootlegged, so don't worry about that. Surprised that Catwoman and a few of the other really expensive ones haven't been.

Yeah, the other ones I had seen were over 200 before shipping though, which is insane.

I just really want it! but I cant justify paying that much. Good to know it would be real though.

chrono01

Same here.

I have the Samus/Link figma's, so of course I pre-ordered Pit as well. I was heavily debating grabbing Dark Pit, but there really wasn't enough variation/difference between the two to convince me that I should grab them both. Not only that, Dark Pit has only shown up in one game so far [Uprising], so it's hard to say whether he'll be a more "permanent" character from here on out.

If I didn't have so much scheduled for release in April/May, I would have pre-ordered Dark Pit without the slightest hesitation, but since I do, I had to make some difficult choices. Like you, I'm hoping I won't regret that decision later. >_<

Mikhal

Whoa. This is just a prize figure, but so much better than Megahouse's version. Gonna have to track this down.

iEG6Swa9Fyt6L.jpg

I regret getting my Happy Kuji Narukami now. :(

calling all geek gaf: where can I find this suction stand thingy?

o05200664125120362241wjf3.jpg

it's obviously from good smile company but I can't find it anywhere

EDIT: ok found it ... http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...=nendoroid+more$pagemax=30$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

Awesome! I wish I knew these things existed before I paid off my Amiami order. I would have tossed in a couple. Next time I guess.

chrono01

Despite being [slightly] over-loaded with Hatsune Miku figures...I need this one.

prDSZ8G.jpg

She looks amazing painted and is definitely unique. Hopefully pre-orders open soon [and she's not exclusive -_-].

Roubjon

gxjgPSA.jpg

Well, I don't think I need to buy figures ever again after getting all four of these guys. Look badass as hell. I haven't bought a new figure in years, so opening these things up blasted me with nostalgia. That plastic smell oh my goodness, it was like I was a kid again.

Just in time for 3.33 too. I'm hyped.

sca2511

It's not uncommon for Kotobukiya to do rereleases, so maybe you'll be able to grab her for retail prices later on.

You think Catwoman will get a rerelease? I believe that's the last figure I need to catch/finish up the DC bishoujo line. The figure is definitely not worth the $250+ it's currently going for.

chrono01

I ended up adding Dark Pit to my monthly AmiAmi order after all.

I was going to just purchase Pit, but seeing them both together in battle...I could not resist. I didn't want to take the chance and wait considering how much the Max Factory Nintendo figma's increase in price. >_<

I ended up adding Dark Pit to my monthly AmiAmi order after all.

I was going to just purchase Pit, but seeing them both together in battle...I could not resist. I didn't want to take the chance and wait considering how much the Max Factory Nintendo figma's increase in price. >_<

Translation: I have no willpower.

;)

Busaiku

So does anyone have the Miles Edgeworth toy that came with the game?
How is it?

It looks alright in pictures, but I'm kinda skeptical since it was a pack-in.

johnsmith

remember me
Despite being [slightly] over-loaded with Hatsune Miku figures...I need this one.

prDSZ8G.jpg

She looks amazing painted and is definitely unique. Hopefully pre-orders open soon [and she's not exclusive -_-].

I liked it better unpainted. I don't like that paintjob. Black and that shade of blue just don't fit what I had in my mind of an underwater themed figure. A seafoam color should have been used.

Omg, must get. Too cute.
main_view01_s01.jpg
main_view01_s01.jpg
main_view01_s04.jpg

LadyRiven

It certainly looks that way!

tumblr_inline_mluz34BhtZ1qz4rgp.jpg

The original shipping invoices were actually inline with Madoka's apparently, but since they've been reduced he's probably a little smaller and not as hefty.

Mannn it's going to be FUN taking photos of this guy.

Oh damn, yeah, that looks huge. Be sure to share your photos of him once they're taken!

LiK

Some new figures. The LE Figma was so expensive but there was no better price for it. Really wish I was able to preorder it for the retail price. So lame they made such a simple figure a LE.

chrono01

Damn all these delays. May is going to be a nightmare on my wallet. Kongiku, Hacker, and Meruru all come out next month.

I feel your pain.

Next month I have:

• Kongiku [Alter]
  • Sena Kashiwazaki [GSC]
  • Hacker [Max Factory]
  • Wolfwood [Kotobukiya]
  • Ikaruga [PHAT]
  • Mai Shiranui [Alpha Max]
  • Asuna [Kotobukiya]
This is assuming none are delayed, that is.

Ouch indeed!

Pit and Pittoo have shipped, hurray.

Very nice! I'd be interested in whatever pictures you can upload once they arrive.

Mine wil [unfortunately] be shipping out a bit later since I'm still waiting on one item to become in-stock before my combined order ships. I'll be paying for EMS, so that should speed up the process slightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom