• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
The old one looks so much better it's not even funny. I wonder why they didn't reuse the old mold.
New design means new merchandise to sell for every company.

oh wow so it's just Iron Patriot? kinda lazy. i prefer the original version more...altho new mold means....
Yeah, the Iron Patriot is Rhodey's armor in the movie so it technically is War Machine, it just
never actually appears in the traditional War Machine colors in the movie so this really is a case of Hot Toys and every other company milking a recolor. This version of the suit has only appeared in the Iron Man 3 Prelude comic so far.

chrono01

Is that Cammy you got, the same as the one below?...

FIG-MOE-0703_06.jpg

I dont collect or really own any figurine thingys, but I always REALLY wanted this Cammy model. It looks so good. What did you pay for it, in USD?

There's one available at Jungle for 10,500 yen [sealed]:

http://jungle-scs.co.jp/index_e.cgi?action=productdetail&id=625932

Edit - Sold Out

johnsmith

remember me
Finally broke down and bought Buddy. Got her for $64.70 shipped from ebay, and I kind of regret it. While it's not a bad price, i've seen it from JP sites for almost the same price for opened/ B/B condition. No idea what shape this is in. At least there's no reports of it being bootlegged.

I much prefer the original War Machine colors on Suit 2 rather than the Iron Patriot color scheme.

Any reason why the gun turret behind his shoulder is swapped? On the Iron Patriot it's on the right shoulder. Or is it removable?

303461_1954528708019700_967225581_n.jpg

Suit 1 and 2 differences

UGH. Original suit is amazing by comparison. I'll have to track it down.

You guys are really digging the Iron Man armors. I'm actually kind of meh on them as a whole, especially with the prices being what they are.
I sort of tune them out most of the time. As mentioned, Hot Toys gets to screwing that horse a little too often for my tastes. I'd wish they would focus on some of their other licenses but Iron Man sells for them so it's hard to blame them.

UGH. Original suit is amazing by comparison. I'll have to track it down.

I sort of tune them out most of the time. As mentioned, Hot Toys gets to screwing that horse a little too often for my tastes. I'd wish they would focus on some of their other licenses but Iron Man sells for them so it's hard to blame them.

I need moar Predaor! and some new Alien shit would be nice as well

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I got a question.

It's not actually figure related, but it's of a similar variety. How quick is EMS compared to SAL? I've never had a problem with SAL. It's usually 2 weeks tops, but I was planning on getting the new Kamen Rider PS3 title and I was thinking about splurging a little extra to get it sooner. I just wanted to know if it would be worth it.

chrono01

I got a question.

It's not actually figure related, but it's of a similar variety. How quick is EMS compared to SAL? I've never had a problem with SAL. It's usually 2 weeks tops, but I was planning on getting the new Kamen Rider PS3 title and I was thinking about splurging a little extra to get it sooner. I just wanted to know if it would be worth it.

EMS shipments can reach me as fast as 3-4 days from Japan --> Canada. It usually breezes through customs too, where my Registered SAL shipments can sit for days.

It does have a higher tendency to be taxed, though, but thankfully it doesn't happen too often here in Canada [usually on the larger shipments, but not often on the smaller ones].

I use EMS since I combine my orders from AmiAmi into single shipments and the choice between SAL Parcel and EMS is easy to make [SAL Parcel is slow, expensive, has no tracking, and isn't insured]. Even without that, I tend to use EMS as my delivery of choice, since I hate waiting. Yes, I am impatient!

Either way, it's between EMS or Registered SAL. I absolutely need tracking/insurance of any sort, so I never go with basic SAL.

LiK

I got a question.

EMS is 2-3 days max for me.

Does anyone know a store which still allows to pre-order Hot Toys The Avengers Iron Man Mark VII 1/6th scale? It was still available at Sideshow Collection till yesterday, but not anymore. (I had to wait for my payment. Sigh) Or how high are the chances to get it via the wait list?

I should have decided earlier to get it. Regret it now.

LiK

Does anyone know a store which still allows to pre-order Hot Toys The Avengers Iron Man Mark VII 1/6th scale? It was still available at Sideshow Collection till yesterday, but not anymore. (I had to wait for my payment. Sigh) Or how high are the chances to get it via the wait list?

I should have decided earlier to get it. Regret it now.
just get on the Waitlist ASAP so you'll have a better chance. Hard to say if you'll get it.

dankir

You might be able to still order it from BBTS I think no?

edit: Sold out at BBTS, keep checking though once the Avengers HT releases they usually stay in stock for a while.

In any case, AVENGERS PARTIALLY ASSEMBLED!

You might be able to still order it from BBTS I think no?

edit: Sold out at BBTS, keep checking though once the Avengers HT releases they usually stay in stock for a while.

In any case, AVENGERS PARTIALLY ASSEMBLED!

I need Hawkeye. Shouldn't have skipped him initially. The only other figure I want out of the Avengers set.

dankir

Black Widow finally shipping from BBTS. Took them long enough.

Really? I received mine back in March I believe.

I need Hawkeye. Shouldn't have skipped him initially. The only other figure I want out of the Avengers set.

Surprisingly he's the hardest to find at a good price, I just have Mark 7, Hulk, Loki and Coulson on pre-order. At the rate HT releases their toys they should all be out for Avengers 2.

LiK

Really? I received mine back in March I believe.

Surprisingly he's the hardest to find at a good price, I just have Mark 7, Hulk, Loki and Coulson on pre-order. At the rate HT releases their toys they should all be out for Avengers 2.

Maybe I was unlucky and got the second shipment.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
They're nice-looking for sure, but those prices are insane.

You think Hot Toy prices are insane, have you seen the enterbay ones?

What's insane is once your okay with Hot Toy prices, you then convince yourself enterbay prices aren't so bad either, then you buy one.

I just got my second one today. The battle damaged T-800, £350, coupled with my Joker this is my $1000 shelf. Sorry for the crappy pics.

You think Hot Toy prices are insane, have you seen the enterbay ones?

What's insane is once your okay with Hot Toy prices, you then convince yourself enterbay prices aren't so bad either, then you buy one.

I just got my second one today. The battle damaged T-800, £350, coupled with my Joker this is my $1000 shelf. Sorry for the crappy pics.
Difference being scale. Easier to convince yourself of that extra $100 dollars for the Enterbay figure when you get that 1/4th scale piece as opposed to 1/6th scale.

I was lucky, I bought my Enterbay Joker on sale at a local comic book store. They had it up for $360 base price and the store was having a 20% off everything sale for the day. I ended up paying just below $300 for it. Had they had the Enterbay Batman figure I would have dropped $600 that day. lol.

That Terminator figure is gorgeous. I have the same battle damaged version coming from Hot Toys (I have the regular one from Hot Toys already).

It's funny, Hawkeye was the only figure I really wanted from the release. Then they announced the Avengers version of BW, so I bit. Thus, I have Strike Team Delta complete.

Preferred Mk. VII over Mk. VI so I preordered Mk. VII (waiting on him to ship) and then Coulson was kindly preordered by my LCS so I'll get him whenever he ships.

Not sure if I'll go back and get the others, such as Cap, Fury or Thor, but I may one of these days.

Busaiku

My Pit and Pittoo came in today!
Just finished putting them up.

I'm a little disappointed though.
These really are super small. I didn't realize it in the earlier pics, since I don't have those other Nintendo toys or anything, but now.

Pit's neck really sticks out for me.
It's probably cause of the brown hair (cause Pittoo looks fine), but it's just so long, and I can't get over it.
It's probably just me, but I can't get a proper angle for his left arm/hand plus arrow to line up with the Palutena Bow (I even used the longer extension, and it's still kinda awkward).
Pit's clothes get in the way of posing him properly (again, 1st Figma, so this might be a common thing), so that's annoying as well.

The Monoeye is ok, but it would've been nice to have a taller stand as well, so Pit can chase it down properly.

Pittoo fares better overall, I think.
His neck looks fine, and I guess cause I didn't go with the Silver Bow (stuck with his Dark Pit Staff), his pose isn't quite as awkward.
Though it is a shame that the Dark Pit Staff only works with a single left hand piece, so I can't really get him to pose properly in an attack stance (since I stuck with his close-mouthed face); just got him like doing a little chase or something like that.
The Dark Pit Staff is pretty pointy though, I dug in a little too deep and pricked my finger without realizing it.

Yeah, mainly disappointed with the size and Pit's neck.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Difference being scale. Easier to convince yourself of that extra $100 dollars for the Enterbay figure when you get that 1/4th scale piece as opposed to 1/6th scale.

I was lucky, I bought my Enterbay Joker on sale at a local comic book store. They had it up for $360 base price and the store was having a 20% off everything sale for the day. I ended up paying just below $300 for it. Had they had the Enterbay Batman figure I would have dropped $600 that day. lol.

That Terminator figure is gorgeous. I have the same battle damaged version coming from Hot Toys (I have the regular one from Hot Toys already).

I've just got a slight case of buyers remorse, same thing happened when I got my second Hot Toy figure last year. I'm trying to justify my purchase, or rather live with what I had to give up to get it, in this case the 1/4 Hot Toys Endo.

You also got a hell of a deal, base price for the Joker in the UK was £299, which is like $465, by the time I got him 5 weeks ago I had to pay £350, which is like $546. I'd have loved to have even paid $360 for him, but UK shipping and customs fee's mean that the local dealers all have to cover that and then make something out of it.

The 1/6 Terminator your getting looks just as awesome for different reasons, I gave up the extra versatility and tons of parts and articulation for the likeness and uber shelf presence the Enterbay's bring.

I think I'm gonna stick to 1/6 from now on though, it's not the price that's putting me off but lack of space. That and a 1 1/2 year old son that means everything has to be well out of reach, and I don't want these guys on top of a shelf so high I can't see them.

Rootbeer

Banned
Might get my Pits tomorrow :( The mail carrier left a slip in my mailbox and didn't even try to call me on the entry system, sigh. never happens with ups/fedex, they always get it to me >.<

Busaiku

Yeah, I'm surprised at how fast it came in.
I think it shipped on Sunday.

Though I guess that's why it was like $25 for shipping.

Kletian

ah, Chogokin verison? she looks great. i want her but kinda pricey, iirc. i have the smaller one as well.

Yeah, I wasnt happy with the $150 I had to pay for her, but I think she was worth it, and it feels good to have a higher-end figure in my collection.

Hmmmm I wonder if that collector likes Final Fantasy 7 the most in the series...
XD
FIG-KAI-5347_01.jpg

Is it wrong that I kinda want this Batman cause he has a katana? Even though I haven't seen him using one that much..

sqwarlock

I had some change lying around in my paypal from selling a few things. So I went Mandarake Dumpster Diving.

Also my Labrys came today as well (along with Pit and Charizard)

I don't know what that first character is from, but I want it, and I don't even really collect figures.

meijiko

Aaand delivered!

He is such a beaut. Totally worth the wait and money! Anyone who ordered this figure will not regret it, he is perfection.

I got mine too, put him together yesterday. I went back and forth so many times wondering if I should cancel him or not, because he's so expensive and I wanted my figure collecting to wane down a bit. He wasn't a character I was familiar with anyway. But now that I have him I'm really glad I didn't cancel; he's gorgeous.

You know, after having him preordered since the day he went up, looking at the official photos pretty frequently, I never knew he had long hair until I pulled him out of the box.

Kletian

I don't know what that first character is from, but I want it, and I don't even really collect figures.

It's Drossel from Fireball. The Figma (the smaller one) is cheaper at 40-60 depending on what site you can find it at.

The bigger one, good luck. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom