• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished paying off the remainder of my GSC Tenshi figure...

I love it when I have to spend tons shit of money within the same week...especially when I really can't afford to pay off a figure (but do it anyways)!

Rootbeer

Banned
Yay, had to venture down to the post office but it was worth it. Got my Pit and Dark Pit! They are really fantastic, so glad I opted for both. Dark Pit is so badass looking. Such a meloncholy day to be getting these great figures all the while knowing there is no sequel to Kid Icarus Uprising planned :( Hope Nintendo is working on SOMETHING for these characters... other than smash brothers, of course.

Gonna be fun to pose these with Gon and Killua (Hunter x Hunter) Figmas later this summer :D

fmpanda

The Pits have arrived!

913617_10151414298726966_826342890_o.jpg

LiK

hm, ordered the Drossel Charming Figma from a HK seller on eBay. seems to be incredibly hard to find from other sellers for a decent price. i found it lowest for $80 which is the MSRP, i think. this guy has 100% positive feedback tho and he sells a lot of premium stuff like Hot Toys and other figures that got positive feedback so I'm hopeful this ain't a bootleg.

hm, ordered the Drossel Charming Figma from a HK seller on eBay. seems to be incredibly hard to find from other sellers for a decent price. i found it lowest for $80 which is the MSRP, i think. this guy has 100% positive feedback tho and he sells a lot of premium stuff like Hot Toys and other figures that got positive feedback so I'm hopeful this ain't a bootleg.

http://myfigurecollection.net/club/139/discussions/&did=3636
Here ya go, hope he's not on the list.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I'm wondering...
tumblr_mlp7dxu5Vl1r5a8gvo2_1280.jpg

Mighty Morphin Red and Green were made because of US and maybe EU potential since Zyuranger was never anywhere near as big in Japan as MMPR was everywhere else. But do you think Ryuranger is brought over because of the White Ranger?

I'm sure we'll get white and red, but I'm curious about the directions the sentai figuarts are heading in. If they see big money in appealing to both demos now. Like, I know for a fact that they said Mega Man and DBZ straight up would not have continued if it wasn't for western sales.

btw Freeza's up

Sweet lord, I kinda wanted that Aoba and now he's instantly going for over $200 on ebay.

I wouldn't do it, but if I sold my Berserk armor figma, I could possibly triple what I paid for it. There's... a helluva market, if you wanted to buy preorder popular figures all day every day.

johnsmith

remember me
Sweet lord, I kinda wanted that Aoba and now he's instantly going for over $200 on ebay.

I wouldn't do it, but if I sold my Berserk armor figma, I could possibly triple what I paid for it. There's... a helluva market, if you wanted to buy preorder popular figures all day every day.

Yeesh. What was the list price?

¥14095
with standard amiami discount that's around 11200, but it's EMS only, so you're looking at around 15,200 yen shipped. There's always a price premium involved with buying from ebay, so $200 isn't that far off, and the real price increase, if there's going to be one, hasn't happened yet. Nothing compared to the increases the Nintendo Figmas or 7th Dragon Samurai saw.

I was interested in him, but with him being EMS only, I'd only get him if he hit the bargain bin. I'll save my money for the ladies.

johnsmith

remember me
Before I do something like order this, is there anything I need to know about figures with ginormous pieces like that?

You might be forced into EMS shipping, depending on the package size. But Alisa was salable, I don't think it'll be too much of a problem. Doesn't really look like a fragile piece, so damage is unlikely. I think I'm going to pass on preordering this one and hope I can grab her for a discount after release.

So I'm wondering...
tumblr_mlp7dxu5Vl1r5a8gvo2_1280.jpg

Mighty Morphin Red and Green were made because of US and maybe EU potential since Zyuranger was never anywhere near as big in Japan as MMPR was everywhere else. But do you think Ryuranger is brought over because of the White Ranger?

I'm sure we'll get white and red, but I'm curious about the directions the sentai figuarts are heading in. If they see big money in appealing to both demos now. Like, I know for a fact that they said Mega Man and DBZ straight up would not have continued if it wasn't for western sales.

btw Freeza's up

Man despite my dislike of Power Rangers that started directly after MMPR
I actually kinda want a good smaller scale Green Ranger figure.

I gave up on Play-arts after having to deal with SE's crappy customer service. I bought the Garrus Play-arts kay and he came with his scouter broken off his face. The piece wasn't even in the box, so it's not even repairable.

I filed a complaint back in February and I STILL haven't gotten a response from them. Every time I ask for an update they always tell me that they can't estimate a time nor can they guarantee I'll get the solution I want.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
So is there any regular place to get that black frost? It seems weird that it's not appearing anywhere I usually shop.

LiK

i got the email as well. guess i'm gonna flip them on ebay to pay for my Hot Toys and preorder the rereleases.

and speaking of selling stuff. gonna post my to sell list this weekend. hopefully most of you are in the US cuz international shipping is a real headache for me. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom